cmh6476

nzoner update (good news)

On 4/25/2021 at 3:40 PM, cmh6476 said:

God is with him for sure, please keep the prayers coming! We love you all. Kathy

Can size?   :huh:

24 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Can size?   :huh:

He said 36C in his update.  I presume that is Kathy.  :unsure: 

Anyway nzoner, welcome back to the land of the living.  I too am interested in hearing the diet recommendations, as I’ve been reading up on some different options for my situation.  Antioxidants are good for you; wait no, bad because they protect cancer cells (there are actual studies on this).  Also reading about foods that are “anti angiogenic” which means they help prevent cancer cells from generating blood supply networks. In general I continue to be amazed at the lack of knowledge regarding diet in general.

:thumbsup: 

Good to hear you are back.  Keep updates coming. 

Van Damme! 

Glad to hear you're still with us. Get some rest and get well. 

You're busy season is right around the corner. 

:cheers:

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Pyro Joe's Nitro Emergency! 

Great name for a product!

Wow...has to be used.  

8 hours ago, nzoner said:

Good afternoon fellas, never ever have I been so happy to visit this place.

This tripped me out.  Good to hear from you too nzoner, we were thinking / rooting for you. 

10 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Oh, man, I'm glad this turned out to be mostly ok.  Great to see you back even though I don't know you that well!

With a user name like that, I'm going to guess that you and nzoner have something in common. If you're in the car waxing business, never mind.

• Haha 1

We're all glad you're doing better nzoner and are able to post your own updates for us directly now.

On 4/25/2021 at 9:30 PM, Voltaire said:

I have the same sentiment as everyone else. Nzoner is a quality guy we've all known a long time and I'm also wishing him the best.

THIS is the proper response. Wishing him a speedy recover.

Why is it every time I take a break from this place one of you fockers almost dies? Y’all better pray I don’t ever leave for good. :D 

Glad things turned out ok. Continued T&P’s here. :cheers:

• Like 1

Bit of advice? Like I said, I had 100% blockage,  then they put the stent in.

Be prepared for random, ischemic pains. Your body's got a brand new contraption in one of the most sensitive parts you've got. You're going to have some settling in pains. Not every hitch or jab means you're going to keel over.  Be understandably cautious, but don't let yourself get freaked out.

But having said that, it is absolutely vital that you absolutely immediately dial 911 if

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Great news man.  :cheers:

On 5/3/2021 at 12:41 AM, wiffleball said:

Be prepared for random, ischemic pains. Your body's got a brand new contraption in one of the most sensitive parts you've got. You're going to have some settling in pains. Not every hitch or jab means you're going to keel over.  Be understandably cautious, but don't let yourself get freaked out.

But having said that, it is absolutely vital that you absolutely immediately dial 911 if

Thanks Wiff,at first I was like huh,then looked up the word and had a bout of laughter that made the chest throb.It was well worth it though. :lol:

• Like 1

@nzoner, great to hear that you pulled through the initial situation...  Unfortunately one will never be out of the woods now...  Hopefully you will have a speedy recovery...

On 5/3/2021 at 1:41 AM, wiffleball said:

Good to see the old Wiff back.  Some good stuff lately.

Some...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nzoner said:

Thanks Wiff,at first I was like huh,then looked up the word and had a bout of laughter that made the chest throb.It was well worth it though. :lol:

ischemia

or is·chae·mi·a

[ ih-skee-mee-uh ]SHOW IPA

noun Pathology.

local deficiency of blood supply produced by vasoconstriction or local obstacles to the arterial flow.

-------

There's nothing funny at all in wiff's post, least of all the word "ischemic." If you found wiff's post so funny that it hurt, stay away from Sux's dancing cat videos.

22 hours ago, Voltaire said:

ischemia

or is·chae·mi·a

[ ih-skee-mee-uh ]SHOW IPA

noun Pathology.

local deficiency of blood supply produced by vasoconstriction or local obstacles to the arterial flow.

-------

There's nothing funny at all in wiff's post, least of all the word "ischemic." If you found wiff's post so funny that it hurt, stay away from Sux's dancing cat videos.

I have no idea what I looked up but I'm going to blame it on the painkillers.Reason I'm replying to this tonight is I saw the right word with a definition on a poster in my doc's office today and new something was amiss.

No clue what I looked up but thanks for pointing it out.

Final thoughts as I got great news from my heart doc that there was no damage to heart and that I may resume living life and in her words,"let your body be your guide." My chest still feels like I got kicked by a Missouri Mule at times but they said that's gonna take awhile yet.I don't go back for three months!!  My blood thinner medicine is the most important of my meds again in her words,"do not miss this pill,if the stent clogs you could drop dead on the spot."

@jerryskids nothing really to report on a diet.The mrs went out and loaded up on low sodium/fat food and the doc said that's okay but as in all things moderation.She also said she was okay with low carb as long as it wasn't red meat heavy as it helps great with blood sugar levels.She even joked I had given up booze,weed and nicotine and I had to have some fun.

@Voltaire @wiffleball so I went back on my phone and looked at what I had searched and I had clicked on Ischemic rest pain and gotten something about the feet so maybe that combined with painkillers will explain the laughter.

Anyhow thanks so much to all of you for the thoughts,prayers,laughs and the like.I'm still taking it easy for a few weeks but thankfully my firework kids have really stepped up and Pyro Joe's is looking good and on track for another season.I probably won't be around much for awhile so hope you all take care.

God bless you all,love you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Final thoughts as I got great news from my heart doc that there was no damage to heart and that I may resume living life and in her words,"let your body be your guide." My chest still feels like I got kicked by a Missouri Mule at times but they said that's gonna take awhile yet.I don't go back for three months!!  My blood thinner medicine is the most important of my meds again in her words,"do not miss this pill,if the stent clogs you could drop dead on the spot."

@jerryskids nothing really to report on a diet.The mrs went out and loaded up on low sodium/fat food and the doc said that's okay but as in all things moderation.She also said she was okay with low carb as long as it wasn't red meat heavy as it helps great with blood sugar levels.She even joked I had given up booze,weed and nicotine and I had to have some fun.

@Voltaire @wiffleball so I went back on my phone and looked at what I had searched and I had clicked on Ischemic rest pain and gotten something about the feet so maybe that combined with painkillers will explain the laughter.

Anyhow thanks so much to all of you for the thoughts,prayers,laughs and the like.I'm still taking it easy for a few weeks but thankfully my firework kids have really stepped up and Pyro Joe's is looking good and on track for another season.I probably won't be around much for awhile so hope you all take care.

Thanks for the update nzoner, and glad to hear that things are going well.  :thumbsup:  

10 minutes ago, nzoner said:

t thankfully my firework kids have really stepped up and Pyro Joe's is looking good and on track for another season.I probably won't be around much for awhile so hope you all take care.

At least the timing wasn't terribly awful. Based on your post there, I imagine the PyroJoe season is about to enter the heavy phase if it hasn't already started. I can relate since I also have a seasonal job. Normally I work two days a week but when school lets out in January or June ((BOOM)) things go nuts and I am not online here too much either.

On 5/1/2021 at 2:04 PM, nzoner said:

Good afternoon fellas,never ever have I been so happy to visit this place.

I'd like to answer each of you personally but going to keep it short and go back to resting up.

I was cautious about logging on the first place as I knew there would be some hilarity here and oh does it hurt to laugh as the EMT did a number on my chest when doing CPR but the laughs I got  were well worth it.I also got the shock paddles and was left a nice burn on my left side where apparently the paddle slipped but it's a great reminder that none of us get out of here alive.

For those wondering I'm 58 and was at one time a very heavy drinker and smoker and the doc made sure to point out that this was a major reason in my blockage but he was surprised that I had only one and the rest were either clear or close to it,but then again it only takes one right.

As for the day itself the short story version is I started the morning about 8:15 with a pot of coffee and the mrs(36C) and I were watching our home church services online when I started getting that uncomfortable feeling in my back that usually meant I had a thoracic episode coming.As usual I started doing some of physical therapy but it wasn't working.Anyhow don't know how much time passed but one of the last things I remember is sitting in front of a fan on the floor and an EMT standing over me.I remember walking to the ambulance and leaving  and very shortly after that saying where are we and then everything went black.The mrs said the ambulance lights and siren went on(she was following) and away it went leaving her far behind.No ideas here the next I remember is coming to in a cold bright room with what seemed like 20 people hoovering over my nekkid body and my name being called out of a distant fog.

So they put in a stint in and by 2:30 I was laying in a bed in ICU.Anyhow life as I knew it is changing to a new diet,physical therapy,various doctor appointments etc.

The real kicker to all this is I was 58 had never once stayed in a hospital as a patient,never ridden in an ambulance,never had a surgery and wham I get the trifecta all in a few hours.

Lastly thanks to all of you the well wishes and hilarity have done me good.As cmh posted and I'd like to repeat,none of us are promised tomorrow so please never take anything for advantage and don't ever think it can't happen to you.God loves every one of us and sent His only Son to show that love but we have to accept that in this life in order to experience eternal life with Him.

This little experience has also taught me that I'm going to say I love you a whole lot more and that includes even a bunch of jokers I have an internet relationship with.

Love you guys!!! God Bless!!

P.S. The 2nd trip ended up being a thoracic attack but being so close to the heart attack I panicked and took the Nitro with a low blood pressure and it knocked me completely out.I got home last night and had a restful,healing night.

Welcome back dumbass Also when you woke up in that room it was me and the boyz having a little fun with your butth0le.

On 5/1/2021 at 2:04 PM, nzoner said:

Good afternoon fellas,never ever have I been so happy to visit this place.

I'd like to answer each of you personally but going to keep it short and go back to resting up.

I was cautious about logging on the first place as I knew there would be some hilarity here and oh does it hurt to laugh as the EMT did a number on my chest when doing CPR but the laughs I got  were well worth it.I also got the shock paddles and was left a nice burn on my left side where apparently the paddle slipped but it's a great reminder that none of us get out of here alive.

For those wondering I'm 58 and was at one time a very heavy drinker and smoker and the doc made sure to point out that this was a major reason in my blockage but he was surprised that I had only one and the rest were either clear or close to it,but then again it only takes one right.

As for the day itself the short story version is I started the morning about 8:15 with a pot of coffee and the mrs(36C) and I were watching our home church services online when I started getting that uncomfortable feeling in my back that usually meant I had a thoracic episode coming.As usual I started doing some of physical therapy but it wasn't working.Anyhow don't know how much time passed but one of the last things I remember is sitting in front of a fan on the floor and an EMT standing over me.I remember walking to the ambulance and leaving  and very shortly after that saying where are we and then everything went black.The mrs said the ambulance lights and siren went on(she was following) and away it went leaving her far behind.No ideas here the next I remember is coming to in a cold bright room with what seemed like 20 people hoovering over my nekkid body and my name being called out of a distant fog.

So they put in a stint in and by 2:30 I was laying in a bed in ICU.Anyhow life as I knew it is changing to a new diet,physical therapy,various doctor appointments etc.

The real kicker to all this is I was 58 had never once stayed in a hospital as a patient,never ridden in an ambulance,never had a surgery and wham I get the trifecta all in a few hours.

Lastly thanks to all of you the well wishes and hilarity have done me good.As cmh posted and I'd like to repeat,none of us are promised tomorrow so please never take anything for advantage and don't ever think it can't happen to you.God loves every one of us and sent His only Son to show that love but we have to accept that in this life in order to experience eternal life with Him.

This little experience has also taught me that I'm going to say I love you a whole lot more and that includes even a bunch of jokers I have an internet relationship with.

Love you guys!!! God Bless!!

P.S. The 2nd trip ended up being a thoracic attack but being so close to the heart attack I panicked and took the Nitro with a low blood pressure and it knocked me completely out.I got home last night and had a restful,healing night.

Saw you post in another thread so had to come here to find when you came back. I’m glad you’re ok and doing better. I’m sure that was scary sh1t. And yea, CPR hurts. One of the things they taught us is making sure we do it hard enough. If you crack the ribs it’s fine. Just keep doing cpr (one guy that came in the ER had already had it done the whole ambulance right and his chest was straight jello cause we were trying to keep him alive. He was dead though when he came in the ER). Hopefully this is just an episode and you live a longer life. I’m sure it was a wake up call to live a little healthier. Just don’t forget to actually live and enjoy yourself man. Hope for the best bro 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Saw you post in another thread so had to come here to find when you came back. I’m glad you’re ok and doing better. I’m sure that was scary sh1t. And yea, CPR hurts. One of the things they taught us is making sure we do it hard enough. If you crack the ribs it’s fine. Just keep doing cpr (one guy that came in the ER had already had it done the whole ambulance right and his chest was straight jello cause we were trying to keep him alive. He was dead though when he came in the ER). Hopefully this is just an episode and you live a longer life. I’m sure it was a wake up call to live a little healthier. Just don’t forget to actually live and enjoy yourself man. Hope for the best bro 👍🏻

Our CPR instructor in the Army was demonstrating the technique on the Annie manequin and he paused and looked up at us and said. "You know, sometimes as you do this, you realize that you've accidentally broken a rib. Do you know what you do then?"  ((Silence)) "You keep right on going. Ribs can be fixed." And with that, he went back to demonstrating what he'd been doing. That I can remember that momentary pause all these years later means: message received.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Our CPR instructor in the Army was demonstrating the technique on the Annie manequin and he paused and looked up at us and said. "You know, sometimes as you do this, you realize that you've accidentally broken a rib. Do you know what you do then?"  ((Silence)) "You keep right on going. Ribs can be fixed." And with that, he went back to demonstrating what he'd been doing. That I can remember that momentary pause all these years later means: message received.

Several of my nurses all said,"if you don't crack a rib or two you're not doing it right."

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Yea man. Cause are that point, keeping the heart beating and pumping is more important than a broken or cracked rib. Stuck with me all these years and every time I had to teach BLS it was something I made sure to say 

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2021 at 1:45 PM, nzoner said:

I don't go back for three months!!

I don't know about you, but this was the best news that I received telling me things are much better so I didn't have to go back as frequently...

Be well and take care of yourself...

• Like 1

Black beans and veggies. Cheap and easy to make. Takes no time if you buy canned beans with low sodium.

Crap. I would love to have a healthy diet for cheap contest with someone.

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

This was shared on the chiefsplanet message board.  Amd I've kind of been following updates from Joe on facebook.  I assume he won't mind me sharing what he asked someone else to share over on chiefsplanet:

Joe called me yesterday and asked to me post about what is going on.

If you haven't heard, he has been diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer.

Talk about a rock. Guy survives his heart attack, then loses his wife, and now this? It's incredible to me how strong he is...I mean, can you imagine?

They have given him a pain blocker that he says is working well, though he has trouble eating. He had a port installed for chemo.

He is in incredibly good spirits, even though he admitted to me he's tired, he wants to finish the race shining the Light of the Lord to others. He's at peace and I'm proud of how he has handled ALL of this with so much grace.

Please pray for mercy if you would be so kind. He didn't ask me to start this thread so people could feel sorry for him, he asked me because he wanted you all to know that the headstone finally was set in place, he just wasn't up to doing it ( in hospital today), and I don't blame him.

I'd like to thank everyone who donated to this cause. Joe is a special guy a and all those bashes made more than good times, they made lifelong friends. I'll forever be grateful to have known him & Kathy.

• Sad 3

17 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

This was shared on the chiefsplanet message board.  Amd I've kind of been following updates from Joe on facebook.  I assume he won't mind me sharing what he asked someone else to share over on chiefsplanet:

Fock!

Joe is a good guy. 

Fock cancer 

20 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Thanks for letting us know.  Fock, pancreatic cancer is no bueno.  But it sound like he is at peace.  Positive thoughts heading his way. 

Thanks for posting cmh. Best of luck with the fight nzoner. It seems you are battle tested. Know there are a lot random people out here pulling for you.

• Like 1