cmh6476

nzoner update (good news)

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks for letting us know.  Fock, pancreatic cancer is no bueno.  But it sound like he is at peace.  Positive thoughts heading his way. 

This.  🙏🏻 

And if you get to the Pearly Gates and they’re locked, at least you can lob an M-80 at them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

This was shared on the chiefsplanet message board.  Amd I've kind of been following updates from Joe on facebook.  I assume he won't mind me sharing what he asked someone else to share over on chiefsplanet:

Damn, I’m really sorry to hear this 😢

7 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

This.  🙏🏻 

And if you get to the Pearly Gates and they’re locked, at least you can lob an M-80 at them. 

:lol:

I looked up if there is immunotherapy for pancreatic cancer, and there is -- a combo with chemo.  It improves your 1 year life expectancy from bad to slightly less bad.  But I had a pretty similar prognosis as well; this immuno stuff can be a game changer if it's a good match for the specific tumor makeup.  

Here's hoping that in a few years we get another update on him and say hmm, I thought he was dead.  :cheers: 

• Like 4

So sorry to hear this and I know first hand how bad that cancer is and it took my dad. Prayers for Joe and his family. It's nice to hear he will have to Lord to walk this journey with.

On 4/25/2021 at 3:40 PM, cmh6476 said:

please keep the prayers coming! We love you all. Kathy

Can size?   :huh:

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

This was shared on the chiefsplanet message board.  Amd I've kind of been following updates from Joe on facebook.  I assume he won't mind me sharing what he asked someone else to share over on chiefsplanet:

Damnit!  Hang tough nzoner

From @nzoner at chiefsplanet.com on the 13th...

Good afternoon all and thank you for the prayers and thoughts.Today is the best day I've had in awhile so wanted to hop on here while the going was good.

I've told my pastor and other friends that after this recent diagnosis I'm officially drooping the E from my name and adding a B instead.For those that don't know this story you can search Job in the Bible and read a quite amazing story.

As Stevie said my spirit is good and I know that's because I have a future hope,you see my take is either way this goes I'M GETTING HEALED,either this side of heaven(with an amazing testimony) or in heaven with my Savior where there will be no more tears of sorrow,no pain and we will know all as we've been known.ALL PROMISES from God's Word.

If it's the latter I just can just hear my dear wife."You already?"
"yes dear and now you get to put up with me for eternity." rofl.gif

Just a little Nzoner humor there.

Anyhow BIG THANKS again to those of you who donated to Mrs Nzoner's fund which every dime went towards our headstone(which I think turned out amazing) and the reason the Chiefs Planet tribute is on the back.

Lord willing maybe we can have a mellow BASH if someone wants to work on that as it'd be great to see everyone.

God Bless each and all and please remember if you don't know Christ as your personal Savior,I speak from experience when I say He is for real and totally changed my life and can change yours.And please I realize I've had 20 straight months of death and close calls and the like but I'm still here shouting Jesus Is Lord from the rooftops and by His grace will do so until my last breath. God has a plan for each of us and sometimes I wonder if mine wasn't to meet a bunch of hooligan friends like I was and to be radically changed by Jesus so that His light may shine through me to give others hope.

DON'T SHINE SO OTHERS CAN SEE YOU....SHINE SO THAT THROUGH YOU OTHERS CAN SEE HIM

• Thanks 1

Posted on his Facebook earlier today

All, this is Kevin... Just an update on Joe... I took him to the ER early yesterday morning because he was writhing in pain... they admitted him and surgically placed a drain to relieve pressure from a blocked common bile duct... he is up in a chair today but still having bouts with pain.
No word on discharge at this time.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Posted on his Facebook earlier today

All, this is Kevin... Just an update on Joe... I took him to the ER early yesterday morning because he was writhing in pain... they admitted him and surgically placed a drain to relieve pressure from a blocked common bile duct... he is up in a chair today but still having bouts with pain.
No word on discharge at this time.

My mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer and died 10 days later. It was a brutal thing to witness. Pancreatic cancer can grow like a weed and cut off intestines, bile ducts, etc.

Prayers to him and his family.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Damn. I've always appreciated nzoner as a fellow Steven Wilson / Porcupine Tree fan.

His cancer journey makes mine look like child's play. 😢

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

Damn. I've always appreciated nzoner as a fellow Steven Wilson / Porcupine Tree fan.

His cancer journey makes mine look like child's play. 😢

I know right?  Prayers out to nzoner.  🙏

Ugh, you never want to hear about pancreatic cancer, it's the worst kind. :( Steve Job's $Bazillion couldn't find a cure.

Religious faith at it's best provides mental relief and comfort for the  afflicted and Joe seems to be well taken care of in that regard. What little help I can add by offering my best wishes, I'd like to do so. Joe's been a great addition to the Geek Club over the years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rusty asked me for a link to Joe's facebook, which I sent him.  If anyone else would like to send a message of encouragement you can send me a pm and I'll send you a link to his personal page.

Ok if you want to update and I quote,"my oncology doc said they think they found a new spot on my liver with the latest scan on Tuesday."

I can't even begin to put into words what the last 22 months have been like. Favorite Aunt dying my heart attack and coding twice only to have a 3rd blockage and another stent,Covid and then the wife getting it and dying and now this.
God's Word says in Romans 8:28 "ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM AND ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE."

So the gloves are on again and here we go because I love God and believe His promises. He loves you too brother and just keep in mind these 60-80 years we get here are just a blip compared to eternity so if you haven't already I encourage you to follow Jesus and"fight the good fight."

Was texting Joe this morning and letting him know a lot of you are thinking of him.  He asked what I had shared with you, then sent me this.

:(

Oh man.  Hadn't seen this thread since the recent updates.  So sorry to hear.  Rooting for you Joe.  Thanks for the updates cmh.  F cancer.  And Covid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Rusty asked me for a link to Joe's facebook, which I sent him.  If anyone else would like to send a message of encouragement you can send me a pm and I'll send you a link to his personal page.

Thanks for hooking me up. He accepted by friend request and responded to a message I sent. What a great dude.

I have also communicated to him on FB, to a lesser degree.  So unfortunate. F! cancer.

very sorry to hear this. :(

• Like 1

Most of us are dooshbags here.  NZ is not. All the best good man. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

From @nzoner at chiefsplanet.com on the 13th...

Good afternoon all and thank you for the prayers and thoughts.Today is the best day I've had in awhile so wanted to hop on here while the going was good.

I've told my pastor and other friends that after this recent diagnosis I'm officially drooping the E from my name and adding a B instead.For those that don't know this story you can search Job in the Bible and read a quite amazing story.

As Stevie said my spirit is good and I know that's because I have a future hope,you see my take is either way this goes I'M GETTING HEALED,either this side of heaven(with an amazing testimony) or in heaven with my Savior where there will be no more tears of sorrow,no pain and we will know all as we've been known.ALL PROMISES from God's Word.

If it's the latter I just can just hear my dear wife."You already?"
"yes dear and now you get to put up with me for eternity." rofl.gif

Just a little Nzoner humor there.

Anyhow BIG THANKS again to those of you who donated to Mrs Nzoner's fund which every dime went towards our headstone(which I think turned out amazing) and the reason the Chiefs Planet tribute is on the back.

Lord willing maybe we can have a mellow BASH if someone wants to work on that as it'd be great to see everyone.

God Bless each and all and please remember if you don't know Christ as your personal Savior,I speak from experience when I say He is for real and totally changed my life and can change yours.And please I realize I've had 20 straight months of death and close calls and the like but I'm still here shouting Jesus Is Lord from the rooftops and by His grace will do so until my last breath. God has a plan for each of us and sometimes I wonder if mine wasn't to meet a bunch of hooligan friends like I was and to be radically changed by Jesus so that His light may shine through me to give others hope.

DON'T SHINE SO OTHERS CAN SEE YOU....SHINE SO THAT THROUGH YOU OTHERS CAN SEE HIM

that's all he needs :)❤️ 

• Like 1

I've told my pastor and other friends that after this recent diagnosis I'm officially drooping the E from my name and adding a B instead.For those that don't know this story you can search Job in the Bible and read a quite amazing story.

well if you do that, you won't be bothered by Any black people..

He just posted on Facebook they moved him to stage 4 :(

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

ah foq!

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

aw man!😔

That's where they move all the fat chicks during the day shift. 😡

From a guy at another site...

Update on Joe: After a few days of antibiotics and a surgical procedure to clean out the stint in his gallbladder, he has turned it around. The infection is cleaned up, the stint is cleaned out, he’s much more alert and even joking around a bit. He will be discharged tomorrow and heading home.

Thank the Lord!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Update on Joe: After a few days of antibiotics and a surgical procedure to clean out the stint in his gallbladder, he has turned it around. The infection is cleaned up, the stint is cleaned out, he’s much more alert and even joking around a bit. He will be discharged tomorrow and heading home.

Thank the Lord!

🎉

Good. Hopefully he can continue to live as normal as possible for as long as possible.

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Thank the Lord!

:overhead: