Big Guy

Critical Race Theory

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

And yet, if I do end up doing that, it’ll be here in the US of A :wave:

Safest place in the world for idealists.  The only place actually.  

Wow Woims.......you've dug yourself deeper here than I thought possible.

Instead of explaining or defending the Lefts rational on this or other radical ideology, you do nothing but lash out. It reminds me a bit of a scene from the Exorcist.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Wow Woims.......you've dug yourself deeper here than I thought possible.

Instead of explaining or defending the Lefts rational on this or other radical ideology, you do nothing but lash out. It reminds me a bit of a scene from the Exorcist.

Worms has been king of "me against the board" recently.  He seems to have a lot of time on his hands. 

worms has become almost as bad as the sho nuff feller.

what freak left position won't you defend????

12 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

He's always been this guy, nothing new here. 

20 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

Disagree. Shonuff is in his own category. Say what you want  about worms, amd I do, I’m not going to say he’s not smart. 

29 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Worms has been king of "me against the board" recently.  He seems to have a lot of time on his hands. 

It’s just funny, every day it’s some new boogeymen you guys are freaking out over, or some video somebody posted on Facebook that’s got you all a-tizzy.

Get outside, live a little, and try not to be so scared all the time :cheers:

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s just funny, every day it’s some new boogeymen you guys are freaking out over, or some video somebody posted on Facebook that’s got you all a-tizzy.

Russia! Two and half years. Keep that in mind when you speak of freak outs. HTH. 

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Like the racist boogeyman who is lynching black people all the time. They are hanging all over the place.  :lol: 

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Again, what are you so sure we are scared of? Specifically?  

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Again, what are you so sure we are scared of? Specifically?  

This is a guy who thinks white supremacists are our greatest threat. Worms has more boogeymen than KC and The Sunshine Band 

• Like 1

Scared? NO!

Concerned about America becoming a radical leftist sh!t hole...........absolutely!!!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Scared? NO!

Concerned about America becoming a radical leftist sh!t hole...........absolutely!!!

He doesn't, though.  There's your disconnect.

• Like 1

If Worms actually had to live with what he advocates for and votes for he would change his tune. 

11 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

In spite of what gas lighters likes worms would have to say, I consider the people sitting on that school board to be what’s wrong,  not any group of minorities. I hate them. 

• Like 1

Critical race theory has supposedly been around since the 1970s but I only ever heard of it through the GC w/in the past couple of years despite living in one of the blackest / most liberal cities in the US.

The ideas are repugnant but I think the right wing media vastly overstated the degree to which stuff like CRT is mainstream even among left leaning people. People love this culture war stuff though.

Much easier to bicker over this shiit online than fix real problems like declining wages, our broken HC system, crumbling infrastructure, the opioid epidemic etc.

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

Critical race theory has supposedly been around since the 1970s but I only ever heard of it through the GC w/in the past couple of years despite living in one of the blackest / most liberal cities in the US.

The ideas are repugnant but I think the right wing media vastly overstated the degree to which stuff like CRT is mainstream even among left leaning people. People love this culture war stuff though.

Much easier to bicker over this shiit online than fix real problems like declining wages, our broken HC system, crumbling infrastructure, the opioid epidemic etc.

Personally it doesn’t sound that horrible to me, more just that it’s ephemeral and unworkable by it’s nature:

Critical race theory sees racism as systemic and institutional, rather than just a collection of individual prejudices.[6][7] It also views race as a socially constructed identity.[6] The theory emphasizes how racism and disparate racial outcomes can be the result of complex, changing and often subtle social and institutional dynamics, rather than explicit and intentional prejudices by individuals.[6] In the field of legal studies, critical race theory emphasizes that merely making laws colorblind on paper may not be enough to make the application of the laws colorblind; ostensibly colorblind laws can be applied in racially discriminatory ways.[8] Intersectionality – which emphasizes that race can intersect with other identities (such as gender and class) to produce complex combinations of power and disadvantage – is a key concept in critical race theory.

But the basic concept that, hey this stuff is systemic and we’re not just talking about things that white supremacists like CDub and tubby McGee say? Yeah I think there’s some validity to that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

You think wrong, as usual. Nothing to see here folks, move along. Except you see it in so many places. Mostly peaceful. There’s nothing going on at the border. On and on. Don’t believe what you see, believe what you’re told. What a moron. Typical. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Personally it doesn’t sound that horrible to me, more just that it’s ephemeral and unworkable by it’s nature:

But the basic concept that, hey this stuff is systemic and we’re not just talking about stuff that white supremacists like CDub and tubby McGee say? Yeah I think there’s some validity to that.

Nope. There is no systemic racism anymore. Show me a law or regulation that is. I’ll hang up and listen. There is privilege though, for sure. Just not white privilege. Just plain old privilege, that benefits the privileged. 

• Thanks 1

The suggestion that the system is racist ignores the amazing success of a swath of non-whites, and then at the same time suggests the racist notion that AA's cannot compete in this society, which is absolutely untrue.

It's the worst possible of racist dogma.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope. There is no systemic racism anymore. Show me a law or regulation that is. I’ll hang up and listen. There is privilege though, for sure. 

There’s vestiges of Jim Crow and your side is certainly working real hard to bring that back with voter suppression laws since you hate democracy. But by and large we’re not talking about laws, you’re right about that. More like historical realities, societal attitudes and structures and, yes, privilege as you say

• Haha 4

Just now, IGotWorms said:

There’s vestiges of Jim Crow and your side is certainly working real hard to bring that back with voter suppression laws since you hate democracy. But by and large we’re not talking about laws, you’re right about that. More like historical realities, societal attitudes and structures and, yes, privilege as you say

Whatever happened to the “one percent “ thing? That went away pretty quick. Thanks to Obama 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Whatever happened to the “one percent “ thing? That went away pretty quick. Thanks to Obama 

Obama sure didn’t help, you’re right. I believe he’s recognized that as his primary failing but talk is cheap.

It’s still there as far as I’m concerned. Attacking absurd wealth and income inequality really is the way to go. Since minorities are disproportionately disadvantaged they’ll get a greater percentage of the gain there, but poor White folks will get the help they need too. I don’t like racially targeted policies, on that much we can agree.

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

I agree, the messaging from the right is wrong.  CRT is thrown around to encompass lots of things.  It would be better if people fighting against these indoctrinating curriculums to phrase things better.  The usually response from the lefties is "but muh CRT...you can't even define what your fighting against".  CRT has many tentacles, some may or may not be pertinent to specific conversations.  

15 minutes ago, MDC said:

right wing media vastly overstated the degree to which stuff like CRT is mainstream even among left leaning people. 

It doesn't matter if you've never heard of it.  The walls that hold up the roof of CRT are becoming embedded in our schools.  All you have to do it read up on how teachers are being taught to teach our kids.  Their continuing Ed is frought with Ibram X Kendi and Robin D'Angelo.  

23 minutes ago, MDC said:

The problem is that the left is trying to "fix" these things with the tenants of CRT.  For example, if you don't think the health care system is frought with racism, you're a bigot.  Just ask the deputy editor of JAMA who was forced to resign after saying this.

Structural racism is an unfortunate term,” Livingston said, according to The New York Times. “Personally, I think taking racism out of the conversation will help. Many people like myself are offended by the implication that we are somehow racist.”

CRT is all over the Philadelphia schools. MDC doesn’t know that because he doesn’t send his kid to them. Even though he mocks Catholics on a regular basis, he sends his kid to a catholic school. I wonder what the racial/ economic make up is for that school? Phony as they come. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Attacking absurd wealth and income inequality really is the way to go.  I don’t like racially targeted policies, on that much we can agree.

So why do you think the left is hell bent on attacking our problems as race issues, and not class issues?

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So why do you think the left is hell bent on attacking our problems as race issues, and not class issues?

Because rich people control the left. It’s a deflection. Don’t make it about the rich, make it about white people, ALL white people. That way they can hide in the crowd and use the rest of us for cover. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Thanks for the question, I think this conversation has actually been somewhat constructive.

So first, the left wants people to UNDERSTAND these race issues. You have to first grasp and appreciate the problem before you can address it. Many people, and mostly on the right, don’t think there are racial issues beyond overt racism, which they claim (unfortunately incorrectly) is totally over and gone. So that’s what “the left” (and some in the center and even on the right) are pushing back on.

But then the question is, what do you do about it? Here’s where the left gets tripped up because they think programs like affirmative action and similar are an obvious and simple solution to the problem. But it really doesn’t work that way. AA means kids from wealthy black families get into Yale and that doesn’t do much to help poor black folks. I mean there is the idea of representation and that truly does count for something. But beyond that, those policies aren’t very helpful and they rightfully alienate white people and cause division.

So that’s where the problem should actually be addressed through racially neutral economic programs. It’ll help the poor white folks in the Ozarks and such but it’ll also help minorities and moreso since they have further to come. Many on the left are caught up in identity politics though (which I hate) and unfortunately can’t appreciate this.

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Because rich people control the left. It’s a deflection. Don’t make it about the rich, make it about white people, ALL white people. That way they can hide in the crowd and use the rest of us for cover. 

There’s some truth to this, get the rabble to focus on division rather than band together against the wealthy.

But it boggles my mind that someone that claims to think this way could have ever thought Donald trump was the solution. Just really baffling. Could you walk me through that?

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

There’s some truth to this, get the rabble to focus on division rather than band together against the wealthy.

But it boggles my mind that someone that claims to think this way could have ever thought Donald trump was the solution. Just really baffling. Could you walk me through that?

Sure.  The first time I didn’t think he would win, so my vote was Fock her, I’m not supporting that person. Then I liked what he did policy wise. I thought there was plenty of common sense, and  he was fairly moderate. Of course he gave out tax breaks that benefited the rich. But he gave me a significant one too. That didn’t happen before.  Look at his Supreme Court nominees. No far right radicals there. Then the second time I voted for him was Fock you. The way your side behaved during his tenure ripped off the mask of what the new left in this country is all about. To sum up: First time, Fock her. Second time, Fock you.  

There's a lot of folks who say that you've got to score high at Talladega or you can't win the season. That's about all I know about the critical race theory.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I agree, the messaging from the right is wrong.  CRT is thrown around to encompass lots of things.  It would be better if people fighting against these indoctrinating curriculums to phrase things better.  The usually response from the lefties is "but muh CRT...you can't even define what your fighting against".  CRT has many tentacles, some may or may not be pertinent to specific conversations.  

It doesn't matter if you've never heard of it.  The walls that hold up the roof of CRT are becoming embedded in our schools.  All you have to do it read up on how teachers are being taught to teach our kids.  Their continuing Ed is frought with Ibram X Kendi and Robin D'Angelo.  

The problem is that the left is trying to "fix" these things with the tenants of CRT.  For example, if you don't think the health care system is frought with racism, you're a bigot.  Just ask the deputy editor of JAMA who was forced to resign after saying this.

Structural racism is an unfortunate term,” Livingston said, according to The New York Times. “Personally, I think taking racism out of the conversation will help. Many people like myself are offended by the implication that we are somehow racist.”

I don’t actually believe CRT is being taught in public schools all across the country. I’m basing this on my SD who went to Philly public schools until a few years ago. I never heard even heard the term CRT.

I think it’s a scary sounding phrase being tossed around to get fat middle aged suburbanites in a tizzy. They love the culture war stuff. Takes the focus off the real issues and rubes eat it up.

22 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Here’s where the left gets tripped up because they think programs like affirmative action and similar are an obvious and simple solution to the problem. But it really doesn’t work that way. AA means kids from wealthy black families get into Yale and that doesn’t do much to help poor black folks. I mean there is the idea of representation and that truly does count for something. But beyond that, those policies aren’t very helpful and they rightfully alienate white people and cause division.

AA is nothing compared to what we have now.  Not only are our institutions selecting minorities for representation, but they are teaching our kids that any and all unequal outcomes are because of racist white people who cannot ever be cured of said racism.  Its flat out oppressor/oppressed Marxism.  This is what all these parents are railing about, including the lady in RI you said was just being a PITA. Our fighting against these assertions are labeled as "whiteness" and our fear of POCs gaining power.  

As far as a 2nd Trump term, he was seen as an insulator against this nonsense.  He knew it was bullsh!t, hence the 1776 commission to oppose CRT and 1619 Project.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t actually believe CRT is being taught in public schools all across the country. I’m basing this on my SD who went to Philly public schools until a few years ago. I never heard even heard the term CRT.

I think it’s a scary sounding phrase being tossed around to get fat middle aged suburbanites in a tizzy. They love the culture war stuff. Takes the focus off the real issues and rubes eat it up.

Do you believe that kids are being taught that white are oppressors and POC are the oppressed?  Do you believe that kids are being taught that any and all unequal outcomes for POC is because of racism?

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

A few years ago? Define a “few” you fraud. 

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Do you believe that kids are being taught that white are oppressors and POC are the oppressed?  Do you believe that kids are being taught that any and all unequal outcomes for POC is because of racism?

No I don’t believe elementary / HS kids are being taught that. Maybe there are a handful of rogue teachers in extremely black communities teaching it. I don’t think it’s common or widespread. I don’t think kids are being taught that all unequal outcomes are due to racism either.

I’m sure more colleges are teaching it as a theory in race related courses. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Maybe there are a handful of rogue teachers in extremely black communities teaching it. 

You would be wrong.  Is it at all curious that the richest County in the entire US of A, with a meager 7% black population, is ground zero for this?  Wow..it's almost like @Hardcore troubadouris right.  It's almost as if the rich, white liberals don't really give a fuk about equity.  It's almost like these rich, white liberals are content with pushing tribalism on the commoners while disguising their power grabs.  Ibram X Kendi and Robin D'Angelo don't give a sh!t either.  They're just greasing their palms when these rich, white libs are ready to dole out taxpayer money.