Big Guy

Critical Race Theory

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sure.  The first time I didn’t think he would win, so my vote was Fock her, I’m not supporting that person. Then I liked what he did policy wise. I thought there was plenty of common sense, and  he was fairly moderate. Of course he gave out tax breaks that benefited the rich. But he gave me a significant one too. That didn’t happen before.  Look at his Supreme Court nominees. No far right radicals there. Then the second time I voted for him was Fock you. The way your side behaved during his tenure ripped off the mask of what the new left in this country is all about. To sum up: First time, Fock her. Second time, Fock you.  

I can sorta respect the first one. I hated Hillary too though he was an untenable choice. Would have gladly voted for a Mitt Romney or John McCain type over Hillary but unfortunately that wasn’t the choice.

But the rest is kind of head scratching. Tax cuts were totally for the billionaires, hedge funders and real estate moguls, and of course they were—that’s what Trump is and that’s who he cares about. Yeah you got a relative pittance but what you guys don’t seem to grasp is your burden actually INCREASED. You pay less because the overall tax revenues were reduced but in terms of the percentage of the pie that you pay—your share actually went up! That’s how you’re getting focked in the ass by Trump and the billionaires and so I could never understand why you’d willingly vote for that if you are in fact so concerned about the issue, as you claim.

47 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t actually believe CRT is being taught in public schools all across the country. I’m basing this on my SD who went to Philly public schools until a few years ago. I never heard even heard the term CRT.

I think it’s a scary sounding phrase being tossed around to get fat middle aged suburbanites in a tizzy. They love the culture war stuff. Takes the focus off the real issues and rubes eat it up.

Bingo bango bongo :bandana:

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I can sorta respect the first one. I hated Hillary too though he was an untenable choice. Would have gladly voted for a Mitt Romney or John McCain type over Hillary but unfortunately that wasn’t the choice.

But the rest is kind of head scratching. Tax cuts were totally for the billionaires, hedge funders and real estate moguls, and of course they were—that’s what Trump is and that’s who he cares about. Yeah you got a relative pittance but what you guys don’t seem to grasp is your burden actually INCREASED. You pay less because the overall tax revenues were reduced but in terms of the percentage of the pie that you pay—your share actually went up! That’s how you’re getting focked in the ass by Trump and the billionaires and so I could never understand why you’d willingly vote for that if you are in fact so concerned about the issue, as you claim.

You’re wrong. And I find it hillarious that you continue to tell me what my tax situation was/is. I’ve been filing taxes since I was 18 and paying close attention every year, and have my taxes going back to the 80’s. I know what am make and what I pay year in and year out. It never gets too far either way. Maybe 2500 dollars isn’t a lot to you, but it is to me. That’s what I got after Trumps tax cut. Please don’t tell me different. It wasn’t the Bush tax cuts. You need to update your arsenal 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re wrong. And I find it hillarious that you continue to tell me what my tax situation was/is. I’ve been filing taxes since I was 18 and paying close attention every year, and have my taxes going back to the 80’s. I know what am make and what I pay year in and year out. It never gets too far either way. Maybe 2500 dollars isn’t a lot to you, but it is to me. That’s what I got after Trumps tax cut. Please don’t tell me different. It wasn’t the Bush tax cuts. You need to update your arsenal 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/06/opinion/income-tax-rate-wealthy.html

Trump didn’t create the problem, but he exacerbated it just like every other Republican president since Nixon.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/06/opinion/income-tax-rate-wealthy.html

Trump didn’t create the problem, but he exacerbated it just like every other Republican president since Nixon.

And I guess Clinton and Obama, two term presidents, have no responsibility. You still believe it’s R’s vs D’s. Wake up. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And I guess Clinton and Obama, two term presidents, have no responsibility. You still believe it’s R’s vs D’s. Wake up. 

What a bizarre way to perceive things. You’ve got Trump, W, Reagan and Nixon pouring gasoline on the fire but somehow it’s Clinton and Obama’s fault for not stopping them? :wacko: I agree the Ds could do a lot more but that’s a really focking bizarre reason to champion Trump on this

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

What a bizarre way to perceive things. You’ve got Trump, W, Reagan and Nixon pouring gasoline on the fire but somehow it’s Clinton and Obama’s fault for not stopping them? :wacko: I agree the Ds could do a lot more but that’s a really focking bizarre reason to champion Trump on this

Dude. Quit while you are behind. :mellow:

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

You would be wrong.  Is it at all curious that the richest County in the entire US of A, with a meager 7% black population, is ground zero for this?  Wow..it's almost like @Hardcore troubadouris right.  It's almost as if the rich, white liberals don't really give a fuk about equity.  It's almost like these rich, white liberals are content with pushing tribalism on the commoners while disguising their power grabs.  Ibram X Kendi and Robin D'Angelo don't give a sh!t either.  They're just greasing their palms when these rich, white libs are ready to dole out taxpayer money.

Well, you are correct that wealthy white liberals are most likely to be the people pushing these theories. You’d be wrong that CRT is something often taught in public schools. I don’t really care what elite white liberal private schools teach.

• Haha 1

Just now, MDC said:

Well, you are correct that wealthy white liberals are most likely to be the people pushing these theories. You’d be wrong that CRT is something often taught in public schools. I don’t really care what elite white liberal private schools teach.

I've said at least 20 times, you won't find the letters "CRT".  Quit looking for it.  And where the fuk you think this is only private schools?  Sorry you were dead wrong about rouge black teachers.

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I've said at least 20 times, you won't find the letters "CRT".  Quit looking for it.  And where the fuk you think this is only private schools?  Sorry you were dead wrong about rouge black teachers.

I don’t think it’s “only” private schools but I’m sure it’s more common there. I don’t think CRT is commonly being taught in schools but I also don’t watch Cucker so I’m not prone to hysteria. 

Youre being played for a fool. 

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t think CRT is commonly being taught in schools.

I didn’t either.  Then I looked for myself in my own county.  Viola, there it was…..sometimes it’s good to come up for air out of the sand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t think it’s “only” private schools but I’m sure it’s more common there. I don’t think CRT is commonly being taught in schools but I also don’t watch Cucker so I’m not prone to hysteria. 

Youre being played for a fool. 

I used to just think you're just a troll.  But you're actually an idiot

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I didn’t either.  Then I looked for myself in my own county.  Viola, there it was.  

Liar.  Its a boogeyman.  MDC and Worms said so

18 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I didn’t either.  Then I looked for myself in my own county.  Viola, there it was…..

Link?

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Link?

KarenSB filed 100 FOIA requests to get to the bottom of this, dagnabbit!

59 minutes ago, MDC said:

The whole Philadelphia public school system teaches it. This jackass is clueless. As usual. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

Actually wouldn’t surprise me :lol:

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Link?

1 hour ago, MDC said:

You're under the gun @KSB2424

Two guys who don't know WTF they're talking about are demanding receipts. Some how they've gravitated to Tucker Carlson and the mom from RI. It better be a billboard saying "My county teaches CRT" or it didn't happen. Don't include and buzzwords like "Culturally Responsive" or "Anti-racist' that help to soften the tenants of CRT. 

It shouldn't be hard.  A quick Google search of your county shows an article about a CRT-centered training for teachers last year.  For some reason they canceled the one scheduled for this year at the last minute claiming they didn't know what was in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I googled Wake County, NC Critical Race Theory just to see.

My wife and I who are still married and the biological parents to our two elementary and middle school children are involved in their lives and their school.  My wife was the PTA President for two years.  We think a good community is being involved in the school as well as other civic duties.

Sorry that offends you.

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I googled Wake County, NC Critical Race Theory just to see.

My wife and I who are still married and the biological parents to our two elementary and middle school children are involved in their lives and their school.  My wife was the PTA President for two years.  We think a good community is being involved in the school as well as other civic duties.

Sorry that offends you.

Why would that offend me? I volunteer for my son’s school all the time. Sorry you’ve become such an angry little priick these last few years.

46 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You're under the gun @KSB2424

Two guys who don't know WTF they're talking about are demanding receipts. Some how they've gravitated to Tucker Carlson and the mom from RI. It better be a billboard saying "My county teaches CRT" or it didn't happen. Don't include and buzzwords like "Culturally Responsive" or "Anti-racist' that help to soften the tenants of CRT. 

It shouldn't be hard.  A quick Google search of your county shows an article about a CRT-centered training for teachers last year.  For some reason they canceled the one scheduled for this year at the last minute claiming they didn't know what was in it.

I long for the days when we would argue about issues like Capital Gains Tax, or if Universal Healthcare was best.  Now we have to argue against defining people simply based on their race, if burning and looting cities is okay and if Lebronette James should be allowed to play in the WNBA.

My have times changed.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Calls me an angry prick right after this post.  You cannot make it up.  

Pot meet Kettle

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

Why would that offend me? I volunteer for my son’s school all the time. Sorry you’ve become such an angry little priick these last few years.

You have to “volunteer” at catholic schools. Why are you always lying? 

So, is this thread about you guys being angry that they want to stop teaching that Columbus discovered America despite people already living here and the fact that he never came to North America? Are you mad that they may not tell the story that not all Indians welcomed the British with open arms and willingly moved to Reservations? Do you want slavery to be a paragraph in history books that starts with slaves came from Africa, quickly followed by they were freed by the Lincoln with the Emancipation Proclamation and the Civil War? The Civil War, which may or may not have been fought over slavery, it may have been over states rights about something but certainly not about slavery! We should spend a lot of time on the Revolutionary War, celebrate it, especially the part about freedom from England, but lets ignore that blacks were not free (despite fighting in the Revolutionary War) and only focus on women when we discuss in a short sentence how they finally got the right to vote. 

Not sure how telling the truth is a bad thing. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

LMAO... @KSB2424has admitted to catching on to  left's hypocrisy and racism over the past few years. He's seen the light and he's a pr!ck for it.  You can't make this shat up.

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

So, is this thread about you guys being angry that they want to stop teaching that Columbus discovered America despite people already living here and the fact that he never came to North America. Are you mad that they may not tell the story that not all Indians welcomed the British with open arms and willingly moved to Reservations. You want slavery to be a paragraph in history books that starts with slaves came from Africa, quickly followed by they were freed by the Lincoln with the Emancipation Proclamation and the Civil War. The Civil War, which may or may not have been fought over slavery, it may have been over states rights about something but certainly not about slavery! We should spend a lot of time on the Revolutionary War, celebrate it, especially the part about freedom from England, but lets ignore that blacks were not free (despite fighting in the Revolutionary War) and only focus on women when we discuss in a short sentence how they finally got the right to vote. 

If you're at the point of equating CRT with teaching  "history", you're waaaaaaay behind the curve.  Catch up Peenie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peenie said:

So, is this thread about you guys being angry that they want to stop teaching that Columbus discovered America despite people already living here and the fact that he never came to North America. Are you mad that they may not tell the story that not all Indians welcomed the British with open arms and willingly moved to Reservations. You want slavery to be a paragraph in history books that starts with slaves came from Africa, quickly followed by they were freed by the Lincoln with the Emancipation Proclamation and the Civil War. The Civil War, which may or may not have been fought over slavery, it may have been over states rights about something but certainly not about slavery! We should spend a lot of time on the Revolutionary War, celebrate it, especially the part about freedom from England, but lets ignore that blacks were not free (despite fighting in the Revolutionary War) and only focus on women when we discuss in a short sentence how they finally got the right to vote. 

Hey, I saw 12 years a slave.  What more is there to know?

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

If you're at the point of equating CRT with "history", you're waaaaaaay behind the curve.  Catch up Peenie.

Well, what are you all whining about now? First of all, there is no such thing as race. Can we agree to that yet? We are one race!!!!!! Geezus!!! Now, what's the other problem?

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

So, is this thread about you guys being angry that they want to stop teaching that Columbus discovered America despite people already living here and the fact that he never came to North America? Are you mad that they may not tell the story that not all Indians welcomed the British with open arms and willingly moved to Reservations? Do you want slavery to be a paragraph in history books that starts with slaves came from Africa, quickly followed by they were freed by the Lincoln with the Emancipation Proclamation and the Civil War? The Civil War, which may or may not have been fought over slavery, it may have been over states rights about something but certainly not about slavery! We should spend a lot of time on the Revolutionary War, celebrate it, especially the part about freedom from England, but lets ignore that blacks were not free (despite fighting in the Revolutionary War) and only focus on women when we discuss in a short sentence how they finally got the right to vote. 

Not sure how telling the truth is a bad thing. 

It’s not. It should be taught. It’s blaming people today that’s the problem.  No one in their right mind would tell a German citizen today they are responsible for the Holocaust.  No one alive today is responsible for slavery or Jim Crow. 

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

Well, what are you all whining about now? First of all, there is no such thing as race. Can we agree to that yet? We are one race!!!!!! Geezus!!! Now, what's the other problem?

Do you think all inequities that POC may encounter are the result of racist white people?  Do you think white people are capable of not being racist?

8 minutes ago, peenie said:

First of all, there is no such thing as race. Can we agree to that yet? We are one race!!!!!! Geezus!!! 

If this is truly how you feel then you would be vehemently against CRT being taught in school.  CRT is literally the opposite of looking at others the same regardless of skin color.  Its the opposite of "judging a man by the content of his character and not the color of his skin".  

I cannot do the research / self learning for you though.

OR you could just stick your head in the sand and assume the government will take care of everything and to even question it makes you a conspiracy theorist "Karen".  As it appears a few here do, all whilst arguing about it.  

47 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

It's literally the 14th post in this thread.

Okay my bad. Sorry your kids are rooned :( 

These links to CRT being taught all over are so readily available that nobody can find one.

:unsure: 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

These links to CRT being taught all over are so readily available that nobody can find one.

:unsure: 

You're at Hawkeye level deflection. Good thing that, throughout history, actual men have not taken the "I can't see it from my house" approach.  You're not only an idiot, but just mentally lazy.  Sad

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

You're at Hawkeye level deflection. Good thing that, throughout history, actual men have not taken the "I can't see it from my house" approach.  You're not only an idiot, but just mentally lazy.  Sad

Keep this in mind about the jackass MDC: He sends his kid to catholic school yet mocks the Catholic Church constantly. You have to be a huge dik and a complete hypocrite to do that.