Big Guy

Critical Race Theory

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You're at Hawkeye level deflection. Good thing that, throughout history, actual men have not taken the "I can't see it from my house" approach.  You're not only an idiot, but just mentally lazy.  Sad

I’m supposed to just take your word for it or you call me names? Okay chum.

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He sends his kid to catholic school 

Really?  I wonder why...

40 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m supposed to just take your word for it or you call me names? Okay chum.

🐮 Moooooooo....

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Really?  I wonder why...

No mystery - it’s a much better school. My boy made first honors all 3 trimesters too. 👍🏻 

55 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Really?  I wonder why...

Because MDC doesn’t want his kid going to school with blacks and Latinos. That’s what the public schools in Philadelphia are full of. It’s sure not for the religious aspect of it. He’s a phony POS. 

• Thanks 1

The dude in the original video was owned on this show:

When he talked to somebody who actually knows what CRT is, he got thrashed.

@dogcows

In your own words what do YOU think Critical Race Theory (CRT) that is being introduced in public schools means?  What do you think it is?  What kind or type or exchange of ideas does it portray?  

I'm all ears and open.

9 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The discussion was about the origins of CRT.  Not what it is. Did you actually watch it? So what if MLH is right about that? WGAF? 

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

CRT is all over the Philadelphia schools. MDC doesn’t know that because he doesn’t send his kid to them. Even though he mocks Catholics on a regular basis, he sends his kid to a catholic school. I wonder what the racial/ economic make up is for that school? Phony as they come. 

People on this forum never heard of Critical Race Theory a year ago, but now they are experts on it because they saw a 5-minute YouTube vid.

You realize they don’t teach this in any high schools, right? It’s a theory discussed in colleges and universities. But now the right is trying to “cancel” it because they don’t really support the first amendment when it comes down to any idea they consider dangerous.

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

@dogcows

In your own words what do YOU think Critical Race Theory (CRT) that is being introduced in public schools means?  What do you think it is?  What kind or type or exchange of ideas does it portray?  

I'm all ears and open.

It’s not being taught in high school (or lower grades either). It’s discussed at colleges and universities. These anti-CRT laws being passed are a waste of time, going after something that isn’t even happening.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

People on this forum never heard of Critical Race Theory a year ago, but now they are experts on it because they saw a 5-minute YouTube vid.

You realize they don’t teach this in any high schools, right? It’s a theory discussed in colleges and universities. But now the right is trying to “cancel” it because they don’t really support the first amendment when it comes down to any idea they consider dangerous.

Yeah. You’re wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The discussion was about the origins of CRT.  Not what it is. Did you actually watch it? So what if MLH is right about that? WGAF? 

Lindsay got crushed because he doesn’t really know what he’s talking about. If he’s such an expert on it, why doesn’t he know anything about its origins? You could see in his eyes the minute he realized he was talking to somebody who actually knew their stuff… and he knew it was over.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. You’re wrong. 

Show me evidence of CRT being taught in high schools or below. If you need help, maybe look near the evidence of the Jewish space lasers or the Italian satellites magically switching votes.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

It’s not being taught in high school (or lower grades either). It’s discussed at colleges and universities. These anti-CRT laws being passed are a waste of time, going after something that isn’t even happening.

As stated before,, I agree with this.  To attack this problem, we need to stop calling it CRT.  

• Like 1

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

CRT origin is in Marxism

nuff said, always will be against it

The video I posted explains why that is wrong… which is why Lindsay got owned on that show… he made the same error.

I agree with Fireballer… CRT is kind of a niche theory discussed by college intellectuals… not really worth anybody worrying about. Lots of real problems in the world.

Just now, dogcows said:

Lindsay got crushed because he doesn’t really know what he’s talking about. If he’s such an expert on it, why doesn’t he know anything about its origins? You could see in his eyes the minute he realized he was talking to somebody who actually knew their stuff… and he knew it was over.

No one cares if it’s an off shoot or Marxism or not. People care that it’s being taught. It’s not necessary to know the origins to be opposed to it. And let me stop you before you say, again, that CRT isn’t what’s being taught. It’s a brand name at this point and it covers all this racially divisive/ blame game nonsense going on. When school districts hire companies that teach about equity and diversity to train the teachers it’s a problem when the content of their training is pretty much CRT, even if they don’t call it that. Stop with the semantics, it only makes you look ill informed. 

Just now, dogcows said:

The video I posted explains why that is wrong… which is why Lindsay got owned on that show… he made the same error.

I agree with Fireballer… CRT is kind of a niche theory discussed by college intellectuals… not really worth anybody worrying about. Lots of real problems in the world.

yah that was the origin it was something discussed in law classes, thats not what CRT is now

4 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Show me evidence of CRT being taught in high schools or below. .

This is the first type of deflection you get when you bring up this issue.  "Show me where classic CRT is taught" or "define CRT".  Altough unredeemably racist institutions and whites being unable to camoflauge racism by being neutral or colorblind are elements of CRT, but just because these elements are being woven into curriculum, doesn't mean that classic CRT is being adopted.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

This is the first type of deflection you get when you bring up this issue.  "Show me where classic CRT is taught" or "define CRT".  Altough unredeemably racist institutions and whites being unable to camoflauge racism by being neutral or colorblind are elements of CRT, but just because these elements are being woven into curriculum, doesn't mean that classic CRT is being adopted.

They can define CRT off the top of their heads, yet they can’t define white supremacy. 

2 hours ago, peenie said:

Well, what are you all whining about now? First of all, there is no such thing as race. Can we agree to that yet? We are one race!!!!!! Geezus!!! Now, what's the other problem?

There is no race? Then what are 80% of your posts about?

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No one cares if it’s an off shoot or Marxism or not. People care that it’s being taught. It’s not necessary to know the origins to be opposed to it. And let me stop you before you say, again, that CRT isn’t what’s being taught. It’s a brand name at this point and it covers all this racially divisive/ blame game nonsense going on. When school districts hire companies that teach about equity and diversity to train the teachers it’s a problem when the content of their training is pretty much CRT, even if they don’t call it that. Stop with the semantics, it only makes you look ill informed. 

People on the right are calling everything CRT. I get that. That’s why somebody here called it a bogeyman. 

My view is that history is written by the winners. That’s why most people never heard of the Tulsa race massacre until Watchmen on HBO talked about it.

CRT proponents are trying to get a more accurate historical picture by looking through a different lens. There’s no problem with that. Maybe they will learn something, and if so, as long as it’s balanced against other historical perspectives, I think it adds something to the conversation.

Are some “woke” people misinterpreting CRT and calling every white person a racist? Maybe a few nuts, but let’s be honest: not many. It is the right that has turned CRT into a “brand” in a negative way. The right is really overreacting to this IMHO… although perhaps it is intentional, as the culture wars always seem to get voters riled up. If people are scared that CRT is teaching all the kids that they are evil racists… well, that will probably energize them to vote for the right-wing agenda.

8 minutes ago, dogcows said:

CRT proponents are trying to get a more accurate historical picture by looking through a different lens. There’s no problem with that. Maybe they will learn something, and if so, as long as it’s balanced against other historical perspectives, I think it adds something to the conversation.

I will agree that all TRUE historic perspectives should be learned.  This doesn't not include the 1619 Project.

Along with gaining historical perspective, there are absolutely elements being woven into curriculum that whites are irredeemably racist and modern day oppressors and blacks have no agency. That's Marxist as hell.  

30 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

There is no race? Then what are 80% of your posts about?

You all believe in race and our country places people in racial categories and I’m just responding the social construct of race created by this country and all former  slave holding countries.

55 minutes ago, dogcows said:

DC at times I appreciate your thoughts and you can occasionally make some valid points.    But this is total garbage.    You didn't even watch the whole segment, did you?    Just watched a clip that was tweeted out.    They threw a little rage bait/click bait at you and you just wolfed it down, didn't you?  

I watched the whole thing.   I disagree with him on a lot but I respect and like MLH and am familiar with his work/commentary.   There was no "own-age" in that segment.    Exactly the opposite.    Lindsay and Boghossian acquitted themselves well and it was an interesting dialog overall.    The majority of the comments on the full segment video were "I wish you 3 would do a 1 hr segment. . ."    Not "MLH - you torched them!"    If you watch the whole thing you'll see that Lindsay's response to MLH after that tweet clip speech left MLH sputtering for a response that he couldn't really come up with and then he had to end the segment.  If there is any criticism of Lindsay in that segment it's that he let his guard down a bit with his "you really know this stuff" statement.    If you watch the whole thing - it's obvious that he is being complimentary of MLH's grasp of the subject and that he's not used to having someone who is supposedly an "expert" who actually does know what he's talking about.    That's a sad commentary on the CRT "experts" out there, not Lindsay.  

Can't send out links that supposedly "back up" your point without actually viewing or reading their source material.    That's some weak stuff and if you want to be taken seriously - that's the wrong direction from that goal. . .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dogcows said:

People on the right are calling everything CRT. I get that. That’s why somebody here called it a bogeyman. 

My view is that history is written by the winners. That’s why most people never heard of the Tulsa race massacre until Watchmen on HBO talked about it.

Are some “woke” people misinterpreting CRT and calling every white person a racist? Maybe a few nuts, but let’s be honest: not many. It is the right that has turned CRT into a “brand” in a negative way. The right is really overreacting to this IMHO… although perhaps it is intentional, as the culture wars always seem to get voters riled up. If people are scared that CRT is teaching all the kids that they are evil racists… well, that will probably energize them to vote for the right-wing agenda.

do you know the story of the Tulsa massacre?  Cause my guess is you only know it from the left side

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

You all believe in race and our country places people in racial categories and I’m just responding the social construct of race created by this country and all former  slave holding countries.

There is a huge difference between white, black, brown, Asian, etc... It can be found not only in physical differences but in the bones, DNA, IQ, culture etc.... 

To pretend it's some "social construct" is laughable.

37 minutes ago, dogcows said:

23 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I only saw this clip of the talk, not the whole talk. What I pulled from it is that Hill know a lot about the origins of CRT, and because of that, we have to infer that he knows plenty more about CRT. The whole discussion would be worth watching. I haven't done so, I just woke up, saws the trhead exploded overnight, and am just now catching up. 

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

do you know the story of the Tulsa massacre?  Cause my guess is you only know it from the left side

Is this the one where a black man rapes a white woman. White people go to confront him and the black people protecting him opened fire on the white people so the white people went from "hold up their buckaroo" to "We are burning this b1tch down"?

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Is this the one where a black man rapes a white woman. White people go to confront him and the black people protecting him opened fire on the white people so the white people went from "hold up their buckaroo" to "We are burning this b1tch down"?

yep, but the whites are racist

Now that the Tulsa race riot has gained traction, can we educate everyone about the LA race riot in the early 90’s? There are no angels. All of the races, ethnicities, sexes, religions, you name it has done some bad stuff at some point. If I met a Mongolian I wouldn’t blame him for Genghis Kahn. That would be ridiculous. 

18 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Why?

Because public schools in Philly are awful, with very few exceptions. 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

And…..

This has been reduced to some democrat vs republican nonsense.  I hate it and its stupid.   People should treat one another as equals regardless of skin color.  Period.

Now there are macro conversations about race - religion - gender about rules of law and discrimination withing certain countries.  Macro conversations about culture and whatnot. 

However when you meet an individual person their race doesn't matter to me, and nor it shouldn't to anyone.   CRT or its derivative teachings tell a different story,  and that thought process is permeating through corporate America and public schools.  

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Why?

• Haha 1