Big Guy

Critical Race Theory

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Why?

I could only speculate. My local public is overwhelmingly white, if that’s what you’re driving at. We opted for Catholic school anyway. 

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Because public schools in Philly are awful, with very few exceptions. 

May I take a stab at why?

Because you put your boy first, and want whats best.  There was a dude earlier in a video posted who said it best:  He loved watching the Discovery Channel.  Animals will do anything, I mean anything to protect their young.  It is innate and good and right.  

Welcome. 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

May I take a stab at why?

Because you put your boy first, and want whats best. 

Obviously. 

Here's the full context. It's only two segments and I was disappointed that they didn't go deeper, and what they did discuss was too academic coated in the rhetoric. Too short, too academic. I'm use to long form podcasts now. In the end, Hill invited, and the others agreed, to do a longer in depth discussion later. I'd like to see that. I think seeing Hill make his case for CRT with Lindsey going back and forth would be a useful exchange for anyone interested in the subject.

Another huge issue, is the school boards silencing the ability of the parents to speak out over these issues.

Loudon Va:  parents arrested tonight after they got p!ssed that public comment was shut down at meeting.

Loudon Va:  a Facebook group, which school board members were active on, made a hate list of parents who were speaking out on CRT. Plans were to doxx them.

Ohio:  The State Board of Education was sued over public comment not being allowed at meetings that were critical of 1619 Project and CRT

PA:  And this guy, he shoves it right up the board's a$$.  

All of government needs a reality check of who has the power.  Did they forget???

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Another huge issue, is the school boards silencing the ability of the parents to speak out over these issues.

Loudon Va:  parents arrested tonight after they got p!ssed that public comment was shut down at meeting.

Loudon Va:  a Facebook group, which school board members were active on, made a hate list of parents who were speaking out on CRT. Plans were to doxx them.

Ohio:  The State Board of Education was sued over public comment not being allowed at meetings that were critical of 1619 Project and CRT

PA:  And this guy, he shoves it right up the board's a$$.  

All of government needs a reality check of who has the power.  Did they forget???

wow, sign me up in support of anything that dude says!!!

sad that a Brit is more american than these leftist doushbags

If you simply stick your fingers in your ears and scream lalalalalala, CRT is a non-issue. That's what I've learned from this thread.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Reality said:

If you simply stick your fingers in your ears and scream lalalalalala, CRT is a non-issue. That's what I've learned from this thread.

There will come a moment when even the liberals realize sh!t has gone too far. By then it will be far too late. 

14 hours ago, peenie said:

So, is this thread about you guys being angry that they want to stop teaching that Columbus discovered America despite people already living here and the fact that he never came to North America? Are you mad that they may not tell the story that not all Indians welcomed the British with open arms and willingly moved to Reservations? Do you want slavery to be a paragraph in history books that starts with slaves came from Africa, quickly followed by they were freed by the Lincoln with the Emancipation Proclamation and the Civil War? The Civil War, which may or may not have been fought over slavery, it may have been over states rights about something but certainly not about slavery! We should spend a lot of time on the Revolutionary War, celebrate it, especially the part about freedom from England, but lets ignore that blacks were not free (despite fighting in the Revolutionary War) and only focus on women when we discuss in a short sentence how they finally got the right to vote. 

Not sure how telling the truth is a bad thing. 

Nobody out there in any school advocates for 80% of what you're saying., peenie. That's hyperbole.

I would make a case for Columbus discovering America as he'd made a leap into the unknown and neither he nor the people who sent him had any idea it was there. His voyage's significance is that of first contact between civilizations led the way for exploration and settlement. The Vikings had beat him there but just found uninteresting rocks and made no significant impact. Columbus did come to North America because the Caribbean is part of North America, but you can say he never set foot in what became the United States. Florida was in the neigborhood, but he never found it.

In the south, they make a case that the civil war was fought over states rights but I never bought into that. If you look at their founding documents for secession, you'll see slavery featured prominantly. The Vice President of the Confederacy, I don't rightly recall the man's name, made it clear that he felt that slavery was a cornerstone or foundation or some such wording. How the south deals with this cultural stain is on them. Michigan paid in blood to clense the nation's sins and my sympathy towards southern heritage ends with my support of Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Dukes of Hazzard, appreciating the beauty of antebellum-era women's dresses, and the honor code of it's men. The rest, statues and place names, is for them to figure out for themselves. 

I would never support attempts to mislead with history. Teach it warts and all. The expansion westward and the lead up to the civil war are full of slavery related issues and often enough hostile relations with the indiginous population.But it's also a story of overcoming those challenges and of constant and steady improvement over time.

Critical race theory is a harmful, divisive, and wholly incorrect description of what's going on. It has four basic components as Matt Walsh understands it, and I bought into his take for lack of a better framework. 1) The United Sttes is sytemically racist to the core. 2) White people are opressors. 3) Minorities are victims. 4) Burn it all down and start over. That is oversimplified shorthand, granted, but it's a starting point and you can fill in the details as you learn more about it.

Once again, you have two extremes angry at each other, when there is likely a simple solution that the majority of people would be agree to.

1) It's good to teach history.  The more history we learn, the better off we are.  To that end, I had no idea about the Tulsa massacre or that there was a black wall st.  Teach it.

2) The color of your skin does not define you.  Your actions and decisions of today are not defined by what happened to your ancestors.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Nobody out there in any school advocates for 80% of what you're saying., peenie. That's hyperbole.

I would make a case for Columbus discovering America as he'd made a leap into the unknown and neither he nor the people who sent him had any idea it was there. His voyage's significance is that of first contact between civilizations led the way for exploration and settlement. The Vikings had beat him there but just found uninteresting rocks and made no significant impact. Columbus did come to North America because the Caribbean is part of North America, but you can say he never set foot in what became the United States. Florida was in the neigborhood, but he never found it.

In the south, they make a case that the civil war was fought over states rights but I never bought into that. If you look at their founding documents for secession, you'll see slavery featured prominantly. The Vice President of the Confederacy, I don't rightly recall the man's name, made it clear that he felt that slavery was a cornerstone or foundation or some such wording. How the south deals with this cultural stain is on them. Michigan paid in blood to clense the nation's sins and my sympathy towards southern heritage ends with my support of Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Dukes of Hazzard, appreciating the beauty of antebellum-era women's dresses, and the honor code of it's men. The rest, statues and place names, is for them to figure out for themselves. 

I would never support attempts to mislead with history. Teach it warts and all. The expansion westward and the lead up to the civil war are full of slavery related issues and often enough hostile relations with the indiginous population.But it's also a story of overcoming those challenges and of constant and steady improvement over time.

Critical race theory i just a harmful, awful, and wholy incorrect description of what's going on. It has four basic components as Matt Walsh understands it, and I bought into his take for lack of a better framework. 1) The United Sttes is sytemically racist to the core. 2) White people are opressors. 3) Minorities are victims. 4) Burn it all down and start over. That is oversimplified shorthand, granted, but it's a starting point and you can fill in the details as you learn more about it.

I grew up and went to public school in Tennessee.

The words “states rights” were never taught in school. We were taught that it was about slavery. The book had pictures of a packed slave ship and shackles and a guy with a whipped back and everything.

I know people think that our teachers wear a klan hood to work, but that simply isn't the case. And that was back in the 80s and 90s. 

If Universities want to offer this theory as part of some class that kids can decide to take I think that is fine. University should be about exploring ideas, even crazy ones.

I do not think there is value in the cult-like indoctrination of young children.

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

If Universities want to offer this theory as part of some class that kids can decide to take I think that is fine. University should be about exploring ideas, even crazy ones.

I do not think there is value in the cult-like indoctrination of young children.

Especially since our education system sucks at teaching basics like literacy and numeracy... maybe focus on that. 

7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It's now a graduation requirement where I went to school, Wayne State in Detroit, and most likely damn near universities as well. I can't imagine any left wing student group not demanding it, nor can I imagine and liberal school board president (and they're almost all liberal) in the country saying "no"

Wayne State graduation requirements:.  https://bulletins.wayne.edu/undergraduate/general-information/general-eall ducation/

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Once again, you have two extremes angry at each other, when there is likely a simple solution that the majority of people would be agree to.

1) It's good to teach history.  The more history we learn, the better off we are.  To that end, I had no idea about the Tulsa massacre or that there was a black wall st.  Teach it.

2) The color of your skin does not define you.  Your actions and decisions of today are not defined by what happened to your ancestors.

History can be twisted. I'd argue most history we learn isn't actually what happened. 

Just now, Cdub100 said:

History can be twisted. I'd argue most history we learn isn't actually what happened. 

Agreed, and that's what some of CRT is trying to address.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

No, it's not. I've seen the "history" it's trying to teach and it's doing exactly what Volitar said above.

17 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Good thing there is zero evidence this is happening. :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Allegedly. But if that were the case, it would not be controversial. Like you I'd never heard of the Tulsa race riots. In retrospect, I think that I should have been. The flaws of Jim Crow should have been hit harder. We owe it to the peole that suffered through it to confront that sordid history rather than bury it. Also, and you're notice that getting replies to three posts in one here, we have to keep the white shaming out of it, and not play into the feelings of victimization for minorities, and build towards colorblindness and acceptance and tollerance.

CRT is going backwards, it is doing more harm than good, and it's just flat wrong.

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

What do you presume is not happening?

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Sad, pathetic troll. 

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

What do you presume is not happening?

Widespread teaching of CRT in schools. 👍🏻 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

So nothing is a problem unless it’s “widespread”. What a Fockin moron 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

So nothing is a problem unless it’s “widespread”. What a Fockin moron 

Pretty much yeah.  Welcome to life.

If CRT was so innocuous, school districts wouldn't be trying to hide it from the parents of their districts. 

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

Not yet, not if we are active and assertive in opposing it.

Luckily the growing attempts to do this are being met rather well with the kind of opposition needed to halt it.

Oddly, MSM is the best hedge we have against it as they are more interested in promoting it, and as a result we have ample access to news reports about it.

Yeah, I can’t believe CRT isn’t being taught in red states. Just blue ones. The ones with all the people. Not widespread. 

23 minutes ago, MDC said:

Everyone knows you're wrong..  Find another thread to troll. Just go away.  You're like a fuking gnat. 

31 minutes ago, MDC said:

Is your kid old enough for you to take notice of what he is being taught, because it sure is he11 is being taught.

I'd bet that the DNC is burning the midnight oil trying to figure out how to get out of this mess. 1st option was 'how do we blame this disaster on Trump'.

13 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Is your kid old enough for you to take notice of what he is being taught, because it sure is he11 is being taught.

My kid is absolutely not being taught that all white people are racist / bad and that everyone’s success or misfortune is due to their race. 

:wacko: 

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

MDC doesn’t care. He sends his kid to catholic school where they have religious classes  yet he doesn’t believe in what’s taught and actually mocks it. Think he cares what else his kid is being taught? He obviously doesn’t care.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

wow, sign me up in support of anything that dude says!!!

sad that a Brit is more american than these leftist doushbags

That dude was awesome. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

This is an example of why the lady in RI is submitting so many FOIA requests.  The receipts are buried deep.  

https://twitter.com/MattWolking/status/1405174723747667972?s=20

That lady is awesome. 

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

My kid is absolutely not being taught that all white people are racist / bad and that everyone’s success or misfortune is due to their race. 

For now perhaps.....

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

He/him/they is being taught that abortion is murder though. Something else you don’t believe. You’re doing a great job at this. 

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

Neither are my kids.