tubby_mcgee

ESPN says NFL teams should have to take black people first the draft.

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So The Bears, who never, ever get the QB right, are racist because they were wrong about Trubisky/ Mahomes.  Ok. 

KC and Houston are the only woke teams I guess.

I wonder why in basketball the white guys don't go 1, 2, 3 every year?

22 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

There is caution around athletic, running qbs... they are more prone to injury, and there are questions about how they are able to develop passing skills.

many running qbs happen to be black.  I would not say that gms and teams are avoiding black qbs, but there is a correlation.

Do you hear yourself, JFC, they are cautious with  them because they are running QBs and thus more prone to injury, the fact that they may be black plays no part in it.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Meglamaniac said:

Do you hear yourself, JFC, they are cautious with  them because they are running QBs and thus more prone to injury, the fact that they may be black plays no part in it.

More running QBs are black.

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

KC and Houston are the only woke teams I guess.

I wonder why in basketball the white guys don't go 1, 2, 3 every year?

cause they can't jump

JFC.. that is what I said.  They are not getting passed over because they are black.

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

JFC.. that is what I said.  They are not getting passed over because they are black.

Then why even mention they are black? Should have just stopped at

There is caution around athletic, running qbs... they are more prone to injury, and there are questions about how they are able to develop passing skills.

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

And black QBs normally can't throw. 

More likely to be criminals too. 

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, the bored libs can't connect dots, so Bier has to explain things at a kindergarten level for them.

2 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

Because a high percentage of running qbs are black.  It is correlational, but not causal. 

I go Trevor Lawrence.  Like 32 out of 32 teams would do.  He has a resume of big game play.  What team would risk taking anyone else?  After him, throw a dart, and you'll probably be wrong anyway.

• Like 1

Mahomes didn’t go top of the draft because he went to Texas Tech. The fear with those guys is that it’s the system. The fear is usually confirmed.  Muh racism.  

7 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Unfortunately, the bored libs can't connect dots, so Bier has to explain things at a kindergarten level for them.

this is funny

6 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Because a high percentage of running qbs are black.  It is correlational, but not causal. 

Who cares if they are black

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think this makes a great example of how teams should consider drafting some of these black QBs earlier.  I wish the Bears would consider it one of these days.

There's no shortage of black QB's who were drafted in the early rounds who ended up as busts.  Plenty of white QB's have busted out as well. Race doesn't and shouldn't matter. 

Quincy Carter

Kordell Stewart

Daunte Culpepper

Byron Leftwich

RG3

Michael Vick

Akili Smith

Vince Young

Andre Ware

JaMarcus Russell

Just now, vuduchile said:

There's no shortage of black QB's who were drafted in the early rounds who ended up as busts.  Plenty of white QB's have busted out as well. Race doesn't and shouldn't matter. 

Quincy Carter

Kordell Stewart

Daunte Culpepper

Byron Leftwich

RG3

Michael Vick

Akili Smith

Vince Young

Andre Ware

JaMarcus Russell

I agree that it shouldn't matter.  I hope that race doesn't matter for teams that are drafting.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I agree that it shouldn't matter.  I hope that race doesn't matter for teams that are drafting.

It NEVER matters.

Who cares if they are black

Some people.... who think this is racially motivated. Which I do not think this qualifies as.

I was not in favor of making a permanent switch from smith to kaepernick, primarily because I though kaep would make errors due to lack of experience... and it happened. Nothing to go with black or white, nor kneeling.  At the time I thought smith gave them a better chance to win

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

You can't seriously believe NFL owners, GMs and coaches and scouts are involved in some sort of conspiracy to draft only white QBs?  That shipped sailed long ago at pretty much all levels of football.  Those guys want and NEED to win.  And being an NFL QB is the ultimate meritocracy.  You either perform or get benched.  

it was Max Kellerman who WORKS for ESPN and he says "too many white guys" get picked and Justin Fields won't get picked high because he's black. 

I wouldn't pick him high because he's an OSU quarterback and I can't think of one that's come out of that program who's been successful in the NFL.

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

You can't seriously believe NFL owners, GMs and coaches and scouts are involved in some sort of conspiracy to draft only white QBs?  That shipped sailed long ago at pretty much all levels of football.  Those guys want and NEED to win.  And being an NFL QB is the ultimate meritocracy.  You either perform or get benched.  

No.  I don't believe there is any conspiracy.  I believe every person has their own biases though.  I think it's possible there are some that wouldn't draft a QB because he was black.  I do not there there are many though and that it's not as big a deal as some make it out to be.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No.  I don't believe there is any conspiracy.  I believe every person has their own biases though.  I think it's possible there are some that wouldn't draft a QB because he was black.  I do not there there are many though and that it's not as big a deal as some make it out to be.

Anything is technically possible, but it's highly unlikely at this point in time.

I would get a good laugh if they remove the idea of meritocracy from the draft, that would be flipping hilarious.....

I'm glad Buffalo drafted a white QB in Josh Allen instead of a d0uche QB in Josh Rosen. :pointstosky:

HOF QBs

QB (26)

Troy Aikman 1989-2000
George Blanda (Also PK) 1949-1958, 1960-1975
Terry Bradshaw 1970-1983
Len Dawson 1957-1975
John Elway 1983-1998
Brett Favre 1991-2010
Dan Fouts 1973-1987
Otto Graham 1946-1955
Bob Griese 1967-1980
Sonny Jurgensen 1957-1974
Jim Kelly 1986-1996
Bobby Layne 1948-1962
Peyton Manning 1998-2015
Dan Marino 1983-1999
Joe Montana 1979-1994
Warren Moon 1984-2000
Joe Namath 1965-1977
Ken Stabler 1970-1984
Bart Starr 1956-1971
Roger Staubach 1969-1979
Fran Tarkenton 1961-1978
Y.A. Tittle 1948-1964
Johnny Unitas 1956-1973
Norm Van Brocklin 1949-1960
Kurt Warner 1998-2009
Bob Waterfield 1945-1952
Steve Young 1985-1999

Future HOF QBs

Tom Brady

Every HOF QB except Warren Moon

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/521119-who-is-the-best-black-quarterback-of-all-time

NFL Rankings: Who Is the Best Black Quarterback of All Time?

MIKE RNOVEMBER 17, 2010

5. Doug Williams

Williams is the only black quarterback to hoist the Vince Lombardi trophy. His career in the NFL was average, but for one game he was a special player. He finished his career with just under 17,000 yards passing and 100 touchdowns.

4. Michael Vick

Vick has the potential to be number one on this list before his career is over. He has a strong arm, accuracy and athletic ability unseen before at the quarterback position. Vick just needs to stay healthy over the next few years. In his short career he has already rushed for 4,200 yards and thrown for nearly 13,000.

If he stays with the Eagles, Vick has a chance to put up monstrous numbers over the next five years.

3. Randall Cunningham

Randall Cunningham was an earlier version of Michael Vick. He threw for almost 30,000 yards and over 200 touchdowns. Cunningham also ran for nearly 5,000 yards, tacking on 35 more touchdowns with his legs. He was often the Eagles lone offensive weapon on a team whose best receiver was a fullback and a tight end.

2. Donovan McNabb

McNabb may not get any love from Eagles fans but he has put together a career worthy of Hall of Fame consideration. McNabb may not win Super Bowls, but he has been to five NFC Championship games in 10 years. He has thrown for over 35,000 yards and 225 TDs. His touchdown to interception record is a remarkable 2:1.

1. Warren Moon

Warren Moon is the only black quarterback in the NFL Hall of Fame. He threw for nearly 50,000 yards and nearly 300 TDs. Moon was one of the most accurate quarterbacks in NFL history and threw the prettiest deep pass that I have ever seen.

His take is as stupid, reversed it would be like some ESPN analyst said based on Luka Doncic being the best young player in the NBA every NBA lottery pick for the next 10 years should be Caucasian.

12 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Yep. He does flat out bring up race and criticize any thought to draft a white guy.  As if clubs still do it.  :lol:

The whole concept is retarded.  "Let me take this white guy that isn't as talented as that black guy, so I can lose my job."

7 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Fields will not succeed in the NFL.

Why do you say that?

I always thought he was good watching him, so I became fascinated by his stock falling.  I finally came to a revelation that teams are probably worried he'll become an activist.

Just now, nobody said:

Why do you say that?

I always thought he was good watching him, so I became fascinated by his stock falling.  I finally came to a revelation that teams are probably worried he'll become an activist.

I just don't see the "It" factor with him.  Just a hunch.  I've barely watched him play.

4 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I just don't see the "It" factor with him.  Just a hunch.  I've barely watched him play.

I saw him on some "welcome to the nfl, rookie" show with him Kyle Pitts, Micah Parsons, and there is something about him.  It was like he seemed passive which doesn't really translate to his play in my opinion, but something seems... Off.

For instance, he's a vegan and he goes to a restaurant and everyone is eating lamb chops and shìt, and he's like, "is there anything vegan that's not on the menu?" Then at the end he's like, "I just won't eat." Then there were other times when guys were going back and forth, and he seemed like he was thinking, "I should be acting like an alpha here so I better act confident that I would beat this guy." He just came off as a bit awkward to me.

27 minutes ago, nobody said:

I saw him on some "welcome to the nfl, rookie" show with him Kyle Pitts, Micah Parsons, and there is something about him.  It was like he seemed passive which doesn't really translate to his play in my opinion, but something seems... Off.

For instance, he's a vegan and he goes to a restaurant and everyone is eating lamb chops and shìt, and he's like, "is there anything vegan that's not on the menu?" Then at the end he's like, "I just won't eat." Then there were other times when guys were going back and forth, and he seemed like he was thinking, "I should be acting like an alpha here so I better act confident that I would beat this guy." He just came off as a bit awkward to me.

Interesting thoughts you have there, thanks for sharing. 

I also think Trevor Lawrence will be a bust.  Don't know why, just seems like everyone thinks he's so great, just like they did with Tua in college and now they're all down on Tua.  I like what I've seen from Tua in the NFL.  I thought Baker Mayfield (before he was drafted and was projected to go after Darnold in the 2018 draft) I thought Baker should go 1st overall which he did of course and I thought he would be a star in the NFL, and I think he's been pretty good in 2 of 3 seasons. 

6 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Interesting thoughts you have there, thanks for sharing. 

I also think Trevor Lawrence will be a bust.  Don't know why, just seems like everyone thinks he's so great, just like they did with Tua in college and now they're all down on Tua.  I like what I've seen from Tua in the NFL.  I thought Baker Mayfield (before he was drafted and was projected to go after Darnold in the 2018 draft) I thought Baker should go 1st overall which he did of course and I thought he would be a star in the NFL, and I think he's been pretty good in 2 of 3 seasons. 

What have you seen from Tua to make you say that? He has bust written all over him. 

19 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Most players are busts in every round, regardless of position or race.

Joe Montana was drafted in the third round. Brett Favre in the second. Kurt Warner wasn’t drafted. Brady in the sixth. Muh racism. 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What have you seen from Tua to make you say that? He has bust written all over him. 

I saw Tua lead drives resulting in touchdowns,  What about his play makes you think is going to be a bust?