Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Bridgewater to Broncos

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I think they wanted to find a long term answer, and they gave up on Bridgewater in hops that Darnold is the answer, and hoping this season he is better than Bridgewater in which we both know by your own testimony he is not. 

Yeap I get it, but you asked me why I keep saying Bridgewater is better, we both think right now he is.  

Now enough said. 

Thank you for the chat, it’s always a pleasure 

But the question isn’t who’s better right now...it’s who will be better in the future.  No one knows the answer to that.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

But the question isn’t who’s better right now...it’s who will be better in the future.  No one knows the answer to that.

Ok no one knows I agree how the future will play out when it comes to this situation,  when they picked up Darnold I said that he would be the back up, I think Bridgewater is better. I think if they kept both they would have had to make a tough decision, and would have picked Darnold, after all that’s why they picked him up . I get all that, doesn’t chance my view nor my own opinion who I think is better. I’m not a fan of any team, nor even of the game, I just simply play ff.  

So I think they the Panthers kept the Qb I think that was the worst of the two bad qbs. 

They want to find out for themselves. I have no issue with that. 

They could have taken their future Qb in this draft I think. 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

They could have taken their future Qb in this draft I think. 

Maybe.  I think the thinking was they had a lot more/bigger holes to fill.  Although to that point not sure why they went WR in round 2.  They’re already decent at WR.

Like the Guru said to replace C Samuel.  

The more tools they can give Darnold to succeed is the best thing they can do right now, and I hope that Darnold does succeed and come December your letting me know it.  

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Maybe.  I think the thinking was they had a lot more/bigger holes to fill.  Although to that point not sure why they went WR in round 2.  They’re already decent at WR.

that may be.  but it is possible that the team does not feel they will be able or wanting to resign one of their players.

it is smart (and prudent) to have a succession plan in place and WR's dont often make a large impact their first year in the league.  its usually year 2 or 3 where that impact is felt (if it happens at all)

Darnold is young as well.  good to have a   young player who will grow with him as he matures.   Even if darnold isnt the answer, the hope would be that this WR will be a good player by the time the new QB gets drafted

I think its important to surround young QBs with some good talent and a solid line.   This is something Darnold didnt have in New York.

I would argue regardless of what the QB plan is going forward, getting a good, young WR in place to learn from the good veterans they have is likely a good move.  As this class seems to be reasonably deep at WR, you need to strike while the iron is hot.   A player you get this year in round 2 or 3 may cost you more to obtain in other years.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

that may be.  but it is possible that the team does not feel they will be able or wanting to resign one of their players.

it is smart (and prudent) to have a succession plan in place and WR's dont often make a large impact their first year in the league.  its usually year 2 or 3 where that impact is felt (if it happens at all)

Darnold is young as well.  good to have a   young player who will grow with him as he matures.   Even if darnold isnt the answer, the hope would be that this WR will be a good player by the time the new QB gets drafted

I think its important to surround young QBs with some good talent and a solid line.   This is something Darnold didnt have in New York.

I would argue regardless of what the QB plan is going forward, getting a good, young WR in place to learn from the good veterans they have is likely a good move.  As this class seems to be reasonably deep at WR, you need to strike while the iron is hot.   A player you get this year in round 2 or 3 may cost you more to obtain in other years.

Yeah, I don’t hate it, just a little surprised