Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

***The 147th Running of the Kentucky Derby***

4 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

My friend who picked the winner last year, says Medina Spirit. 

Wow. LOL. That's a helluva pick. 

If Rock Your World doesn't miss the start, I don't think Medina Spirit wins.  Rock Your World doesn't win either most likely, but him being in the back helped Medina Spirit greatly.

5 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

Velasquez has won me a bunch of $ through the years. He’s a good guy. 

And its almost getting dumb to bet against Baffert in big races. 

Baffert at it again.  Medina Spirit tests positive for an illegal substance.  Of course, Baffert denies, denies, denies.

45 minutes ago, BufordT said:

Baffert at it again.  Medina Spirit tests positive for an illegal substance.  Of course, Baffert denies, denies, denies.

It was an anti inflammatory. Now I’m no expert on horses but I do that an anti inflammatory can be things like ibuprofen to asthma medication. Doesn’t give any type of boost or unfair advantage. So why is it illegal in horse racing? 

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

It was an anti inflammatory. Now I’m no expert on horses but I do that an anti inflammatory can be things like ibuprofen to asthma medication. Doesn’t give any type of boost or unfair advantage. So why is it illegal in horse racing? 

Betamethasone is also a type of steroid.  As for the rest....idk...not an expert. 

4 minutes ago, BufordT said:

Betamethasone is also a type of steroid.  As for the rest....idk...not an expert. 

Aaah so that’s what they had. I just saw an article on fb saying anti inflammatory. Didn’t say the drug at all. 

So when Medina Spirit gets disqualified and Mandaloun becomes derby champ, how will all the pissed off people who had fat cash on win/place/show and exotics on the other horses that will now be placed up one spot be dealt with? Mandaloun was 29-1 and O BESOS (who would now be 4th) was 39-1. If you had them both in a superfecta box with the other two and with Mandaloun finishing first, that would have been a big hit.

I'm guessing there is precedence and probably nothing can or will be done? :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

So when Medina Spirit gets disqualified and Mandaloun becomes derby champ, how will all the pissed off people who had fat cash on win/place/show and exotics on the other horses that will now be placed up one spot be dealt with? Mandaloun was 29-1 and O BESOS (who would now be 4th) was 39-1. If you had them both in a superfecta box with the other two and with Mandaloun finishing first, that would have been a big hit.

I'm guessing there is precedence and probably nothing can or will be done? :dunno:

I'm going to send a guy to break Medina Spirit's knee caps.

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Baffert is hilarious! My horse ate pee hay!

That ones better than “ the deflator”. Lol. 

• Haha 1

It is amazing how true Baffert was being when he said after the "win" that he felt like Tom Brady.  

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2021 at 2:02 PM, Utilit99 said:

All bets stay as is. (as was)

I won about $944 or $946 on a ($16 bet) - $2 pick 3 because of Medina Spirit. 

That being said...that drug in that amount...if you read what vets and horse people say....meant 0.  It would be the equivalent of a 1/4 of 1 advil in a 200lb humans body, expecting it to be performance enhancing.

3 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

All bets stay as is. (as was)

I won about $944 or $946 on a ($16 bet) - $2 pick 3 because of Medina Spirit. 

That being said...that drug in that amount...if you read what vets and horse people say....meant 0.  It would be the equivalent of a 1/4 of 1 advil in a 200lb humans body, expecting it to be performance enhancing.

Yeah. There is no way to overturn paid bets. But if I had tickets that would have won me a shltload if the horse gets dq'd, I would think about a lawsuit to get my ass paid.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. There is no way to overturn paid bets. But if I had tickets that would have won me a shltload if the horse gets dq'd, I would think about a lawsuit.

Most likely no one have those tickets.  Most likely tossed them, if not that day..then surely within a couple days. 

Just now, tubby_mcgee said:

Most likely no one have those tickets.  Most likely tossed them, if not that day..then surely within a couple days. 

Yeah. Most likely for sure.

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

if I had tickets that would have won me a shltload if the horse gets dq'd, I would think about a lawsuit to get my ass paid.

Like this?

$1.00 Super High Five   (8-7-9-14-6)        $296,769.60

13 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Like this?

Yep. Probably would be a $1boxed bet for $120 or whatever the fock it is, but rich gamblers have no problems putting out 10+ of those for the rush. Somebody most likely would have hit it.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. There is no way to overturn paid bets. But if I had tickets that would have won me a shltload if the horse gets dq'd, I would think about a lawsuit to get my ass paid.

Many bets are now made through online books, and those receipts/tix should still be accessible in one's account history to view or print out. 

But they ain't gettin' paid. 

/fin.

13 hours ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Many bets are now made through online books, and those receipts/tix should still be accessible in one's account history to view or print out. 

But they ain't gettin' paid. 

/fin.

Hence the lawsuit consideration. Of course the books are going to say no. But hell, some old chick spilled coffee in her crotch while driving and was awarded 1M. Most of us laughed it off.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Like this?

And slide #8 out, and put Midnight Bourbon into the 5 position, and that amount is likely MORE than $296,769.
(new winner) Mandaloun higher odds than Medina Spirt

(new #5) Midnight Bourbon higher odds than Medina Spirit also. 

Kentucky Derby winner Medina Spirit's failed drug test confirmed

Kentucky Derby winner Medina Spirit's positive post-race drug test has been confirmed, according to trainer Bob Baffert's attorney Craig Robertson.

After the May 1 first leg of the famed Triple Crown, Baffert revealed that Medina Spirit had tested positive for elevated levels of betamethasone.

Medina Spirit cleared to race in the Preakness Stakes after passing drug tests

Betamethasone is an anti-inflammatory corticosteroid that is allowed in horse racing at a certain level. But Baffert said he was informed that Medina Spirit's postrace test detected 21 picograms per milliliter -- more than double the legal threshold in Kentucky racing.

The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission -- which is still investigating the failed drug test -- declined comment on Wednesday.

The finding could throw the colt's victory at Churchill Downs into question.

One more failed drug test and Jerry Jones will sign him.

Medina Spirit stripped of Kentucky Derby victory; trainer Bob Baffert suspended 90 days

Medina Spirit has been disqualified as Kentucky Derby champion and trainer Bob Baffert was suspended for 90 days after the horse tested positive for a banned medication, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission announced Monday.

In addition, Baffert was fined $7,500 and all purse money from Medina Spirit's win was forfeited. The ruling was announced after a formal hearing before the board of stewards last week.

Churchill Downs announced after the ruling that Mandaloun is now recognized as the winner of the 147th Kentucky Derby.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Medina Spirit stripped of Kentucky Derby victory; trainer Bob Baffert suspended 90 days

Medina Spirit has been disqualified as Kentucky Derby champion and trainer Bob Baffert was suspended for 90 days after the horse tested positive for a banned medication, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission announced Monday.

In addition, Baffert was fined $7,500 and all purse money from Medina Spirit's win was forfeited. The ruling was announced after a formal hearing before the board of stewards last week.

Churchill Downs announced after the ruling that Mandaloun is now recognized as the winner of the 147th Kentucky Derby.

Too bad OTB doesn’t recognize the other horse as the winner