Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Police Officer who roasted LeBron James on TikTok gets suspended

25 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

How do you know that it was actually on "company time" and not just sitting in his driveway after (or before), his shift?

We've got a policy that prohibits us from appearing in any unofficial capacity (in front of City Council, social media, etc) while in uniform.  Prob moreso like that and not a working hours issue.

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

We've got a policy that prohibits us from appearing in any unofficial capacity (in front of City Council, social media, etc) while in uniform.  Prob moreso like that and not a working hours issue.

That's fine, but that's not what his issue was.  He was talking about the cop being on company time.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

How do you know that it was actually on "company time" and not just sitting in his driveway after (or before), his shift?

I got that from something I read earlier in the thread, or elsewhere.  I’m open to being wrong about that though, and thought about posting...

39 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

... something like this instead.

26 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's fine, but that's not what his issue was.  He was talking about the cop being on company time.

No, my issue is holding people to the same standards.  I don’t subscribe to RLLD’s “but MOOOOMMMMM, he did it TOOOOOOO!!!!!” Philosophy.  Honestly, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t either, he’s just defending a position he took IMO.

I so, so hate what happened at the Capitol, not because it was the biggest threat to our democracy or whatever tripe Biden says about it, but because it essentially negated the right’s ability to point to months and months of Antifa/BLM riots and terrorism.  More than negated — in their minds it was way worse.  And it is an argument of opinions, so it can’t be won.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

I know, men out there, working for us, with their lives on the line being bashed by a ball bouncing billionaire retard.  

I’m not defending Bron here, just explaining for Ray what the difference is. 

• Like 1

Hopefully Lebron will run for POTUS some day. How can we let a mind like that go to waste?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

No, my issue is holding people to the same standards.  I don’t subscribe to RLLD’s “but MOOOOMMMMM, he did it TOOOOOOO!!!!!” Philosophy.  Honestly, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t either, he’s just defending a position he took IMO.

I so, so hate what happened at the Capitol, not because it was the biggest threat to our democracy or whatever tripe Biden says about it, but because it essentially negated the right’s ability to point to months and months of Antifa/BLM riots and terrorism.  More than negated — in their minds it was way worse.  And it is an argument of opinions, so it can’t be won.

So it's yes then... not "no".  You said (in the post I was referring to), "To me, if I think athletes should keep their yap shut on company time, I should expect the same of a police officer."  This was in a response you made to Worms, not RLLD.

That's holding people to the same standards.  I think we both agree on that.  To which my question was, "How do you know that it was actually on "company time" and not just sitting in his driveway after (or before), his shift?"

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So it's yes then... not "no".  You said (in the post I was referring to), "To me, if I think athletes should keep their yap shut on company time, I should expect the same of a police officer."  This was in a response you made to Worms, not RLLD.

That's holding people to the same standards.  I think we both agree on that.  To which my question was, "How do you know that it was actually on "company time" and not just sitting in his driveway after (or before), his shift?"

Why did you delete the part of my quote that answers your question, then ask me the same question again.  Are you intentionally being obtuse? :dunno: 

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Why did you delete the part of my quote that answers your question, then ask me the same question again.  Are you intentionally being obtuse? :dunno: 

Because I was only addressing the issue of contention.  But let it go, it's unimportant.

3 hours ago, MDC said:

One of them is a public servant seems to be the difference. 

Not good enough.  Deflecting based on role does not work. I remain set that if Lebron can run his mouth and be an idiot, so can this guy.  It's about equity.....

3 hours ago, MDC said:

One of them is a public servant seems to be the difference. 

Oh, so the elitist billionaire gets to speak his mind, but the “servant” should keep his mouth shut. Got it. And he wonders why his kind are called cucks. 

7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Not good enough.  Deflecting based on role does not work. I remain set that if Lebron can run his mouth and be an idiot, so can this guy.  It's about equity.....

I tried. :dunno: 

We've learned that silence is compliance. The cop had no choice. A true hero.

55 minutes ago, MDC said:

I tried. :dunno: 

You did, but that kind of "logic" won't sell.....

Had this cop supported Lebron no action, but because he dared to defy the "acceptable" way of thinking.... THAT is why he was acted on.  Not because he is a public servant.

The distinction to be made is comply with the group think or else.  And if Lebron and the other idiots have the ability to have a say, then this guy should as well.....equity......

37 minutes ago, RLLD said:

You did, but that kind of "logic" won't sell.....

Had this cop supported Lebron no action, but because he dared to defy the "acceptable" way of thinking.... THAT is why he was acted on.  Not because he is a public servant.

The distinction to be made is comply with the group think or else.  And if Lebron and the other idiots have the ability to have a say, then this guy should as well.....equity......

I maintain that a police officer should probably not be making Tik Tok videos attacking public figures especially while wearing the uniform and representing the force. He probably got a small suspension and a warning. Get over it.

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

I maintain that a police officer should probably not be making Tik Tok videos attacking public figures especially while wearing the uniform and representing the force. He probably got a small suspension and a warning. Get over it.

Attacking public figures?  :lol:

Just now, Gladiators said:

Attacking public figures?  :lol:

He’s such a cuck! 

Lebron doesnt seem very smart.  He says a lot of dumb things.  I think because MJ wasnt much political that he believes he is going to separate himself by being some civil rights leader of sports in this era.  But really he comes off as incoherent and trying too hard.  

Great basketball talent.  But he has always seemed like a fraud in many aspects.  

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lebron doesnt seem very smart.  He says a lot of dumb things.  I think because MJ wasnt much political that he believes he is going to separate himself by being some civil rights leader of sports in this era.  But really he comes off as incoherent and trying too hard.  

Great basketball talent.  But he has always seemed like a fraud in many aspects.  

Like when he wears his look smart glasses? 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Like when he wears his look smart glasses? 

Or when he's always reading page 1 of a book?

11 minutes ago, Reality said:

Or when he's always reading page 1 of a book?

Upside down

On 5/5/2021 at 12:56 PM, MDC said:

So the accurate depiction of Jame's actual position, is an attack?  That is an interesting take, one might come away with the notion that what Jame's appears to assert is wrong...hmmmmm

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

So the accurate depiction of Jame's actual position, is an attack?  That is an interesting take, one might come away with the notion that what Jame's appears to assert is wrong...hmmmmm

Once more in English please.

35 minutes ago, MDC said:

Once more in English please.

Awww, nice try..... 

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Awww, nice try..... 

Are you asking me whether LeBron James was attacking someone? I have no idea what you’re trying to say.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Are you asking me whether LeBron James was attacking someone? I have no idea what you’re trying to say.

Whaaaa, you mean by calling out the police in a more confrontational way that the police did to him?  Well, gee, now that you mention it, either they both did...or neither did....

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Whaaaa, you mean by calling out the police in a more confrontational way that the police did to him?  Well, gee, now that you mention it, either they both did...or neither did....

Is there a question or point buried in this mental diarrhea somewhere? LeBron is a moron, that’s not up for debate.

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

Is there a question or point buried in this mental diarrhea somewhere? LeBron is a moron, that’s not up for debate.

So is it the mad 🐮 disease that's getting to you?

41 minutes ago, MDC said:

Perhaps, but then that would indicate that the cop was spot on, I guess

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Perhaps, but then that would indicate that the cop was spot on, I guess

I never said he was wrong. I explained to you why he got in trouble for it, in the way you’d explain something simple to a small dim child. :thumbsup: