Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Aaron Rodgers effectively demands a trade hours before 2021 NFL draft

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-aaron-rodgers-tells-packers-he-doesnt-want-to-play-in-green-bay-anymore-192414451.html

Schefter did not report that Rodgers was considering quitting football altogether, just that he was unhappy in Green Bay. 

Schefter reports that Packers president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur have each made individual trips to California this offseason to visit Rodgers and convince him to remain in Green Bay. Rodgers "has not budged," according to the report. 

The Packers have turned back trade inquiries from the San Francisco 49ers and Los Angeles Rams, per the report. 

Aaron Rodgers is 37.

Id say the Broncos would grab him because that is a franchise that actually gives a crap and wants to win, but they just traded for Bridgewater.  I have to assume the Patriots would be next on the list.  If Rodgers is traded, his cap hit for his new team is $22 million.   The sudden retirement of Julian Edelman puts the Patriots $15 million under the cap, within striking range of Rodgers.

https://musketfire.com/2021/04/13/patriots-julian-edelman-retirement-creates-cap-space/

I’m praying this is overblown fluff clickbait. He gets paid well and is worshipped there, the only problem is brain dead GM who cost them the SB by drafting a QB and RB rather than actual help.

7 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

If say the Broncos would grab him because that is a franchise that actually gives a crap and wants to win, but they just traded for Bridgewater.  I have to assume the Patriots would be next on the list.  If Rodgers is traded, his cap hit for his new team is $22 million.   The sudden retirement of Julian Edelman puts the Patriots $15 million under the cap, within striking range of Rodgers.

https://musketfire.com/2021/04/13/patriots-julian-edelman-retirement-creates-cap-space/

They gave up a 6th round pick and are only paying $3Mil of Bridgewater's salary this year.

This is fluff

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

This is fluff

Maybe. He has been unhappy for a while there though. Lefluer seems like a doosh. Rodgers is running out of time to win another SB. It's not going to happen in GB.

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Maybe. He has been unhappy for a while there though. Lefluer seems like a doosh. Rodgers is running out of time to win another SB. It's not going to happen in GB.

Especially with Brady in the NFC, he knows he has no shot of getting there

Never liked Rogers, his ugly face, or smug attitude. Hope Packers trade him to Bengals or some other crap team.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

They gave up a 6th round pick and are only paying $3Mil of Bridgewater's salary this year.

Plus Bridgewater is ass.

28 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I’m praying this is overblown fluff clickbait. He gets paid well and is worshipped there, the only problem is brain dead GM who cost them the SB by drafting a QB and RB rather than actual help.

The problem is they don’t have an owner who can do anything.

Some fun today with chatter and speculation on Rodgers to the Patriots:

https://heavy.com/sports/new-england-patriots/aaron-rodgers-packers-trade-qb/

The Patriots have leverage with [Bill] Belichick at the helm and they have a ton of cap space to work with. New England is returning key players who opted-out last season and there’s a slew of talented free agents that would immediately be interested if Rodgers were to be traded. It’s far-fetched at the moment and strings would have to be pulled, but that won’t stop the speculation from fans and media throughout the offseason.

Seems like New Orleans would be a good fit

Tough call. Great QB but crybaby nutjob, who eventually hates everyone.  He'll be in GB this fall is my guess.

He pulled some amazing tail before this last one tho.  Gotta give him some props there

Can you people stop acting like the salary cap is real? It isn’t for the most part.  You would know this if you paid attention. Unless you have a QB with a big salary it doesn’t matter. It’s an excuse for billionaire owners to not spend millions. Carry on. 

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

GB gets pick 3

SF gets Aaron Rodgers and pick 15

Patriots get Jimmy Garapolo 

why would the pats give up 1.15 for JimmyG?

Tonight should be a fun night.  Other than the first two picks I don't think there are any obvious picks.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Tonight should be a fun night.  Other than the first two picks I don't think there are any obvious picks.

What time?

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How much time between picks ? I have to flip the channels with Isles/Rags

14 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

How much time between picks ? I have to flip the channels with Isles/Rags

10 minutes max.

Why I hate the Draft..

1.  On the clock...everyone is on the clock...

2.  Goodell hugging players

3.  Mel Kiper Jr

Things I like

Booing Goodell

I watched the draft with friends so it wasn't as bad watching just the TV.  We also did Predict the Pick on NFL.com which made it fun as well.

18 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Can you people stop acting like the salary cap is real? It isn’t for the most part.  You would know this if you paid attention. Unless you have a QB with a big salary it doesn’t matter. It’s an excuse for billionaire owners to not spend millions. Carry on. 

And to make sure the sh!tty teams in Ohio spend a minimum amount of money.

• Thanks 1

With Mac Jones sitting in Belichick's lap, I suppose the Broncos must be the destination now, which was my first thought anyway.

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Packers GM said they aren’t trading Rodgers 

That means nothing really.

3 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Packers GM said they aren’t trading Rodgers 

Maybe he’ll get Deshauned :o 

The Lackers can’t be this stupid. They were right with Favre. They are wrong here, and yeah, I know Rodgers is a twat.