Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

NFL Draft 2021 - Round 1

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Thinking ahead a little...

Najee Harris to get the Alabama band back together in Miami...?

Well, they went Alabama, anyway...

Just now, AxeElf said:

That's pretty much what I assume Rogers is hoping to do too.  Death is not disgrace; one can die in glory and honor too.

The part that makes me doubt is that they wouldn’t do a deal unless the Broncos 1st rounder was part of it I’d think. I am leaning towards it being fluff.

Just now, tanatastic said:

The part that makes me doubt is that they wouldn’t do a deal unless the Broncos 1st rounder was part of it I’d think. I am leaning towards it being fluff.

Oh yeah, it's already been exposed as a false rumor.  I was just amusing myself.

The last good Alabama NFL QB (not counting Hurts although I think he’s good) was Ken Stabler.

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Of course Bill coveted the least exciting of potentially available QB choices

Exciting doesn't win SBs. Skill at playing NFL QB does.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Well, they went Alabama, anyway...

My bad, I thought the Raiders' pick was the Dolphins' pick...  

Left without a partner when the music stopped, the Re-skins reach for some player that everyone snickers about.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Oh yeah, it's already been exposed as a false rumor.  I was just amusing myself.

Not exposed as anything. Schlereth and Denver beat reporters were saying it. It still could happen. Mike Florio from PFT was also reporting it could happen by this weekend. Could still happen.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Another Harris at RB for the Steelers.

Immediately a top 10 fantasy RB.

Easily the top pick in dynasty drafts too

42 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Not exposed as anything. Schlereth and Denver beat reporters were saying it. It still could happen. Mike Florio from PFT was also reporting it could happen by this weekend. Could still happen.

It was reported that the packers are not in any current talks like was rumored. So for now it was def exposed as just clickbait fluff.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Another Harris at RB for the Steelers.

Immediately a top 10 fantasy RB.

Absolutely. Will get early 2nd hype potentially.

8 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

It was reported that the packers are not in any current talks like was rumored. So for now it was def exposed as just clickbait fluff.

Exactly one side is reporting one thing the other side is reporting something different. Nothing has been settled or exposed. It’s possible that Denver and GB spoke and couldn’t reach a deal. Calling it clickbait fluff is premature and naive.

31 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Absolutely. Will get early 2nd hype potentially.

Even in the 1st possibly right?   Couldn't he be considered just as much FF potential as like CEH last year (although of course that didn't work out too well)?

54 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So who gets drafted higher in fantasy, Etienne or Harris?

Harris for sure, Ettiene is in a tough spot for carries with JRob there and coach seeing him as a third down guy right now.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Even in the 1st possibly right?   Couldn't he be considered just as much FF potential as like CEH last year (although of course that didn't work out too well)?

I’d say so sure. He can catch so that will give him credibility in rnd 1.

3 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Harris for sure, Ettiene is in a tough spot for carries with JRob there and coach seeing him as a third down guy right now.

Ok cool, opinion noted, now go learn how to spell his name.

In PPR, it should be a pretty close race, though maybe I'd give the edge to Harris in weepaws scoring.

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

That fits the Bears preferred QB profile.

Bears won round one of the draft. :thumbsup:

The Bears coaching staff haven’t had time to ruin their first round pick just yet. 

6 hours ago, jrokh said:

2022 1st 2022 4th and 2021 5th. So happy for the Gmen finally being on the right side of one of these...

Yeah. More uninformed comedy from you. :lol:

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. More uninformed comedy from you. :lol:

Did I get the trade details wrong? Please share. DaBears got absolutely fleeced...

• Thanks 1

The Giants had a very good night. Thanks Eagles and Bears. Especially the Bears 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Giants had a very good night. Thanks Eagles and Bears. Especially the Bears 

They did. Dinosaur Dave going all analytics. Some of the Toney comps I've been seeing are a little rich though. I've seen: Deebo, Robert Woods, Percy Harvin, Davante Adams, and even Alvin Kamara. I'll be happy with any of those please...

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

They did. Dinosaur Dave going all analytics. Some of the Toney comps I've been seeing are a little rich though. I've seen: Deebo, Robert Woods, Percy Harvin, Davante Adams, and even Alvin Kamara. I'll be happy with any of those please...

The one I kept hearing is Diggs. It’s obvious the Giants wanted Smith, but when it’s all said and done I’d rather have Toney and the picks instead of just Smith. Good job out of Getty having a plan and not getting caught flat footed like Reese and taking someone like Eli Apple. 

I'm surprised the 49ers took Lance over Fields, but I'm totally fine with it and really excited to see what they can do with him.  I was not feeling good about the Mac Jones rumors, and him falling to 15 kind of justified that feeling.

Bateman's gotta be think MFer. I'm stuck with garbage at QB and I'll be called a bust because that terdlet can't throw a football accurately.

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Bears are kicking ass in this draft. Great job! :pointstosky:

They better, they’ll be sitting out most of next year’s much more loaded draft...

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

They better, they’ll be sitting out most of next year’s much more loaded draft...

I hope that's sarcasim. I really like your input. But to me, next year's class is obismal looking.

QB's are nothing to look at. TE's are non existant. RB & WR do have a couple top guys each. But the depth is certainly not there. We've really been spoiled in recent years with those 2 positions being very deep. But 2022 it finally evens out imo.

2 hours ago, Kopy said:

I hope that's sarcasim. I really like your input. But to me, next year's class is obismal looking.

QB's are nothing to look at. TE's are non existant. RB & WR do have a couple top guys each. But the depth is certainly not there. We've really been spoiled in recent years with those 2 positions being very deep. But 2022 it finally evens out imo.

Maybe for fantasy, but next years draft picks were much more valued than this year’s. The NCAA or BCS, whoever makes those decisions extended an extra year of eligibility and many players took advantage and will come out next year. Plus, hopefully (cross fingers) we will be back to semi normal times and much more information will be available then was for this draft. 2022 picks were viewed as gold, and the Giants have 7 in the first 4 rounds. I honestly have no clue how the fantasy prospects are viewed for 2022, but I was speaking strictly in real football terms...

On 5/1/2021 at 1:30 PM, Kopy said:

Saw this from Peter King, just another example of those who say the 2022 draft is superior: 

New York Giants. Bullish on the G-men and the suddenly futuristic GM, Dave Gettleman. Wideout Kadarius Toney at 20 was an okay pick, but pass-rusher Azeez Ojulari, even with health questions, was a value home run at 50. Picking up extra 2022 picks in the first (Chicago), third (Miami) and fourth (Chicago) was really smart, because 2022 is likely to be a better, and certainly deeper, draft.

I think the idea that the 2022 draft will be deeper than usual is because of the COVID year, and lots of players taking advantage of the extra year of eligibility--fewer players came out after last season, so more will come out after next season.  It doesn't necessarily say anything about the quality of the players in the draft, but it stands to reason that with more players available in general, there should be more blue-chip players available as a result.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I think the idea that the 2022 draft will be deeper than usual is because of the COVID year, and lots of players taking advantage of the extra year of eligibility--fewer players came out after last season, so more will come out after next season.  It doesn't necessarily say anything about the quality of the players in the draft, but it stands to reason that with more players available in general, there should be more blue-chip players available as a result.

Yeah I think that’s the early narrative for sure. In researching this a little bit 2022 should have more quality defensive players led by the Oregon Edge Thibedaux. This past draft only had 3 defensive players selected in the top 15. Obviously this has little effect on fantasy...

This will be a fun topic to revisit later this year. As of now I'm just having a hard time coming up with a top 12 for a first round rookie draft next year.

Last year, was a piece of cake. Even though I wasn't as high on this year's class as alot of other people. I still had no problem doing it. And it looks like I can already (potentially) do it for 2023.

We'll see what happens when the games start. Maybe I can change my mind.