Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - QB Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars

Draft Profile

Team Fit: Jacksonville will almost certainly run some version of the spread offense that was a signature of new HC Urban Meyer's offenses at Utah, Florida and Ohio State. Lawrence operated almost exclusively out of the shotgun spread at Clemson and possesses the kind of high-end running ability Meyer has sought in his quarterbacks over the years (Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, J.T. Barrett, etc.). The fact Lawrence is regarded as the best quarterback prospect since Andrew Luck should speak for itself. Long-term, the arrival of Lawrence should allow D.J. Chark to maximize his abilities as a vertical receiver, while the combination of Meyer and Lawrence should allow Laviska Shenault Jr. to evolve into the same kind of mismatch weapon that Percy Harvin and Curtis Samuel did under Meyer in college.

What does it mean in redraft? High-end QB2. With legitimate 400-yard rushing upside, an offense with three good receivers (Chark, Shenault and Marvin Jones) and a defense that is still in transition, a top-12 fantasy finish is possible, albeit unlikely.

Where should I expect him to go in my rookie drafts? Check back next week.

Very good late Qb prospect 

Plus the possible return of Tebow at te. 

If he's as good as they say, and recent history prevails, he should be a decent fantasy option. He's probably not gonna be the best choice as a starter, but he should be respectable.

He will be a good streaming option. His rushing numbers should help him keep a nice weekly floor when his passing numbers struggle. He will have some big games too.

As a dynasty QB? He's as good as they come if your looking to replace a starter in the near future. Will be the first QB off the board and probably a 1st rounder

I think in my 14 team non ppr league he’ll get drafted as a back Qb. 

I have the #2 pick in my deep keeper (10) and in need of a long term QB.  If healthy my team is built to win now. Would it be a bad move to take Lawrence #2 then come back for Stafford, Ryan, or best QB still there in the second round?

My other option would be go Ja'Marr Chase at #2 The best QB but I don't really need a WR in this league.

Problem is the Brees owner has pick #3 and its a snake draft.

I think I maybe over thinking it. Lawrence is my pick if he's healthy come draft time.

2 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

I have the #2 pick in my deep keeper (10) and in need of a long term QB.  If healthy my team is built to win now. Would it be a bad move to take Lawrence #2 then come back for Stafford, Ryan, or best QB still there in the second round?

My other option would be go Ja'Marr Chase at #2 The best QB but I don't really need a WR in this league.

Problem is the Brees owner has pick #3 and its a snake draft.

I think I maybe over thinking it. Lawrence is my pick if he's healthy come draft time.

Best player is Chase and he obviously would have more trade value for the foreseeable future. But if Priority No. 1 is getting your long-term QB squared away, it would come down to Lawrence and Lance for me.

6 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

Best player is Chase and he obviously would have more trade value for the foreseeable future. But if Priority No. 1 is getting your long-term QB squared away, it would come down to Lawrence and Lance for me.

thanks

On 7/2/2021 at 9:40 PM, nobody said:

I'd much rather have Chase and Stafford.

Ditto.  If you're talking 3 years for keeper leagues, Stafford is a much better option as a win now QB for a short term.  You can get a QB next year... or take Trask, Mond, or Mills in later in the draft.