Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - WR DeVonta Smith, Eagles

1.10 - WR DeVonta Smith, Eagles

Draft Profile

Team Fit: Outside of his 166-pound lanky frame, name an area or attribute necessary for a receiver to succeed and there's a good chance Smith has an abundance of it. While questions about his frame are legit, one has to dig far into the film to find the SEC corner who was able to jam him at the line of scrimmage. Smith plays with much more physicality than one would expect for a player of his size. But let's get to the good stuff: there's no question Smith will quickly become the alpha receiver in Philadelphia. He is amazing in contested catch situations and proved to be uncoverable down the stretch en route to win in the Heisman Trophy last season. Smith drew comps to Marvin Harrison throughout the spring. I comped him to Tyler Lockett, but there's little doubt my mind he'll succeed where other smallish receivers have failed because he does so much so well. It also helps his cause that he'll reunite with former Alabama teammate Jalen Hurts.

What does it mean in redraft? WR4. Because Philadelphia figures to be a bit of a slower-paced offense with plenty of RPO elements, there may not be enough volume for Smith to be an immediate fantasy starter.

Where should I expect him to go in my rookie drafts? Check back next week.

Wr are much more productive in ff when they have a Qb that can pass the ball 

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Wr are much more productive in ff when they have a Qb that can pass the ball 

Good thing then that he's caught passes from Hurts before.

4 minutes ago, Kopy said:

50 of them.

13 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Not one of them while in the nfl.  

On 4/29/2021 at 10:37 PM, weepaws said:

Not one of them while in the nfl.  

Very true. I like the fact that they practiced together already, even more than the game receptions. We'll see what happens?

Do you, or anyone know what Philly's o-line looks like? It seems like Hurts is gonna have the talent around him as far as a running game, and wr's & te's to legitimately have a fair opportunity to succeed. (Or fail) 

Just wondering how his protection looks.

I think that’s a great point, they have established a relationship already , certainly helps. 

Great question about the Eagles oline, I don’t know at this time what their oline looks like.

i think Hurts will have more ff success than actually football success. 

If he’s not draft I’m looking forward to streaming him off and on thought out the season.