Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - WR Kadarius Toney, Giants

Team Fit: Back during the Detroit Pistons' "Bad Boys" heyday, they had a sixth man named Vinnie Johnson. His nickname was "The Microwave." That moniker would fit nicely for Toney, who not only heats up fast when he gets the ball but can also cook a defense just as quickly. The ease at which he is able to start and stop as well as create separation is unreal. Toney has legitimate upside in terms of developing as a route-runner. However, it also has to make talent evaluators a bit upset that Florida used to more as a gadget player early in his college career; the Gators did him an injustice by not developing that part of his game more. He also possesses dependable hands, as Pro Football Focus credited him with only three drops on 123 catchable targets in his college career. On the downside, Toney has dealt with multiple shoulder injuries and had some off-field issues early on at Florida that to be accounted for and/or explained. General managers and scouts are the only ones that have answers to those questions and the risk they feel Toney represents, but his on-field exploits suggest he could help take an offense from good to great with his ability to play in space and turn a short throw into a touchdown on just about any play. In New York, he gives the offense a second playmaker (Saquon Barkley being the other) that is nearly impossible to game plan for and should draw significant attention away from Kenny Golladay.

What does it mean in redraft? WR4 with immediate WR3 upside. Toney is a smaller version of Deebo Samuel and should be used in similar ways. It's up to Daniel Jones and OC Jason Garrett to use him that way.

Where should I expect him to go in my rookie drafts? Check back next week.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

It sounds like you don't consider Golladay to be a playmaker on offense...?

No ... Barkley and Toney are the "nearly impossible" matchups. Golladay is obviously a playmaker or else I would not have specified that Toney would be drawing "significant attention" from him.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

Not what they needed.

Agreed. But I can't blame Gettleman for going Toney if he was looking for a way to spark the offense.

I imagine he didn't see Kwity Paye as the answer to the Giants' pass rush.

3 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

No ... Barkley and Toney are the "nearly impossible" matchups. Golladay is obviously a playmaker or else I would not have specified that Toney would be drawing "significant attention" from him.

So you say no, you don't consider Golladay a playmaker, and then you say Golladay is obviously a playmaker.

And that brings me back to DOH!

28 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So you say no, you don't consider Golladay a playmaker, and then you say Golladay is obviously a playmaker.

And that brings me back to DOH!

Again, don't try to make something out of nothing. Golladay is the alpha right now. That is not in question. There are just other WRs like him across the league. Not many, but a few.

Saquon and Toney are unique talents that are matchup nightmares. Hopefully, this help the Axe Elf sleep better at night and keeps him from reporting me to the chairman of the Golladay Fan Club.

Mr Jones as been given the tools to have a very productive season, and to prove he’s their Qb going forward. 

Nice pick. 

The G-Men lost K. Zeitler..  I'd have rather they stayed at #11 and gotten UCLA OG Vera-Tucker..

2 hours ago, Bills04 said:

The G-Men lost K. Zeitler..  I'd have rather they stayed at #11 and gotten UCLA OG Vera-Tucker..

As a Giants fan I’d much prefer Toney or really anyone and the two 2022 1st and 4th rounders they now possess. Next year’s draft is considered to be stacked and there are plenty of good guards still on the board in this one. Wyatt Davis, Dickerson, Meinerz, etc...

10 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

Again, don't try to make something out of nothing. Golladay is the alpha right now. That is not in question. There are just other WRs like him across the league. Not many, but a few.

Saquon and Toney are unique talents that are matchup nightmares. Hopefully, this help the Axe Elf sleep better at night and keeps him from reporting me to the chairman of the Golladay Fan Club.

I was just trying to figure out what you were saying--and making sure that you  were indeed saying what you thought you were saying--as you seemed to not think Golladay was a playmaker in your initial post, and then appeared to contradict yourself in the second one.  But your Golladay esteem isn't of any real import to me; I was just investigating your point.

Ugh..  G-Men did not address OG at all!!  😔

Here are some free agents, though:

Trai Turner

Nick Easton

Mike Iupati

Joe Dahl

Kelechi Osemele

Chance Warmack

1 hour ago, Bills04 said:

Ugh..  G-Men did not address OG at all!!  😔

Here are some free agents, though:

Trai Turner

Nick Easton

Mike Iupati

Joe Dahl

Kelechi Osemele

Chance Warmack

An IOL would've been nice but watching these plays makes everything else feel ok. The second clip is the one that has me giddy, like a video game move!

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

An IOL would've been nice but watching these plays makes everything else feel ok. The second clip is the one that has me giddy, like a video game move!

In the nfl he doesnt slip those tackles nearly as easy.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

In the nfl he doesnt slip those tackles nearly as easy.

That's what they said about Kamara, and basically every college prospect. Devonta Smith won't be that wide open in the NFL, et.al....

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about Toney. Guy's electric, saw him in the Dome & while it does not show up in the stats he won that game for them. And then what he did against an a good set of Cowboys DBs. Seems like a WW priority.

16 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Wasted #1 pick. 

He was your number one ff pick, that was a wasted pick.  Hey any openings yet in that keeper league?  

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

He was your number one ff pick, that was a wasted pick.  Hey any openings yet in that keeper league?  

I was never on this guy. Not sure what you mean.

45 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Wasted #1 pick. 

25 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I was never on this guy. Not sure what you mean.

Your complaining about him being your wasted ff first pick.  And any openings in that keeper league you dominate every season? 

13 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Your complaining about him being your wasted ff first pick.  And any openings in that keeper league you dominate every season? 

I picked Trey lance as my first round pick in my dynasty league.

I picked Najee Harris as a rookie in my contract league draft. 

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

I was talking about the giants picking him as their first round pick.

47 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I was talking about the giants. Why would any team take that dude as their #1 pick? I'm guessing you?

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

*You're

10 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I was talking about the giants. Why would any team take that dude as their #1 pick? I'm guessing you?

Well, the Giants traded down for him. It’s not like they traded up for Trubisky. 

On 4/29/2021 at 7:52 PM, The Football Guru said:

Team Fit: Back during the Detroit Pistons' "Bad Boys" heyday, they had a sixth man named Vinnie Johnson. His nickname was "The Microwave." That moniker would fit nicely for Toney, who not only heats up fast when he gets the ball but can also cook a defense just as quickly. The ease at which he is able to start and stop as well as create separation is unreal. Toney has legitimate upside in terms of developing as a route-runner. However, it also has to make talent evaluators a bit upset that Florida used to more as a gadget player early in his college career; the Gators did him an injustice by not developing that part of his game more. He also possesses dependable hands, as Pro Football Focus credited him with only three drops on 123 catchable targets in his college career. On the downside, Toney has dealt with multiple shoulder injuries and had some off-field issues early on at Florida that to be accounted for and/or explained. General managers and scouts are the only ones that have answers to those questions and the risk they feel Toney represents, but his on-field exploits suggest he could help take an offense from good to great with his ability to play in space and turn a short throw into a touchdown on just about any play. In New York, he gives the offense a second playmaker (Saquon Barkley being the other) that is nearly impossible to game plan for and should draw significant attention away from Kenny Golladay.

What does it mean in redraft? WR4 with immediate WR3 upside. Toney is a smaller version of Deebo Samuel and should be used in similar ways. It's up to Daniel Jones and OC Jason Garrett to use him that way.

Where should I expect him to go in my rookie drafts? Check back next week.

YEAH sure, I played that puss this week in a prime matchup........WTF good did that do me? One week wet dream is all he is. ALL NYG's SUCK.