Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - Rondale Moore, Cardinals

Team Fit: Moore is one of those "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" kind of players, and that's how the evaluation with him must begin. His work ethic was revered at Purdue. He will immediately upgrade Arizona's return units. Moore is more of a thickly-built scatback with some ability to play through contact and receiver wheels than a traditional slot with gadget capabilities. To that end, 71.2% of his 1,915 receiving yards in college came after the catch. Moore is the type of player worth betting on - if only for his maturity and work ethic - and someone who can this offense to the next level if he gets coached up right and, more importantly, stays healthy. (His last healthy season was his freshman season in 2018.) When healthy, the Cardinals now have their future in the slot regardless of whether Larry Fitzgerald retires this offseason or not.

What does it mean in redraft? WR5. There is a chance Moore could enjoy some rookie-year relevancy, but his snaps could be limited if Fitz decides to return. If Fitz retires, he could push for 2-3 carries and five targets per week and be worth a stash at the end of fantasy benches.

Where should I expect him to go in my rookie drafts? Check back next week.

I like the outlook for this guy a lot. He really could open up the Arizona offense to be something special.

• Sad 2