Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - Rondale Moore, Cardinals

Team Fit: Moore is one of those "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" kind of players, and that's how the evaluation with him must begin. His work ethic was revered at Purdue. He will immediately upgrade Arizona's return units. Moore is more of a thickly-built scatback with some ability to play through contact and receiver wheels than a traditional slot with gadget capabilities. To that end, 71.2% of his 1,915 receiving yards in college came after the catch. Moore is the type of player worth betting on - if only for his maturity and work ethic - and someone who can this offense to the next level if he gets coached up right and, more importantly, stays healthy. (His last healthy season was his freshman season in 2018.) When healthy, the Cardinals now have their future in the slot regardless of whether Larry Fitzgerald retires this offseason or not.

What does it mean in redraft? WR5. There is a chance Moore could enjoy some rookie-year relevancy, but his snaps could be limited if Fitz decides to return. If Fitz retires, he could push for 2-3 carries and five targets per week and be worth a stash at the end of fantasy benches.

Where should I expect him to go in my rookie drafts? Check back next week.

• Like 1

I like the outlook for this guy a lot. He really could open up the Arizona offense to be something special.

• Sad 2

I’d think there would be more discussion on Moore.

Thoughts on whether he could be a league winner vs a flex/WR3 guy? I think there are some missing the boat because that TD was so wide open & also because he nearly had a 2nd TD, plus Hopkins & Kirk to contend with, but reality is the Boilermaker is leading his team in receiving.

16 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I’d think there would be more discussion on Moore.

Thoughts on whether he could be a league winner vs a flex/WR3 guy? I think there are some missing the boat because that TD was so wide open & also because he nearly had a 2nd TD, plus Hopkins & Kirk to contend with, but reality is the Boilermaker is leading his team in receiving.

I dunno about league-winner, but he appears to be a solid if streaky choice going forward.

League winner no, flex play yes.  

Pick him up. 

This guy could be great. I got him in a third round rookie draft and knew he could be really good after he landed on a very good team. Let's see how it all plays out but he is here to stay.

Normally a guy like Moore ( 5' 7"/181 lbs) is destined to be a gadget/special teams player & nothing more. (Tavon Austin)

Small sample size, but Moore is the teams leading receiver. Love the fact that he's tied with nuke @ 7 first downs & the YAC numbers.

Receiving

Player
G
Rec
Yds
Y/G
Avg
Long
YAC
1stD
TD
Fum
FL
2 11 182 91.0 16.5 77 14.1 7 1 1 0
2 10 137 68.5 13.7 38 2.8 7 3 0 0
2 8 135 67.5 16.9 35 1.4 6 2 0 0
2 7 94 47.0 13.4 34 9.1 4 0 0 0
2 9 72 36.0 8.0 36 7.9 2 0 0 0
2 5 69 34.5 13.8 29 3.4 3 1 0 0

What I love the most about Rondale Moore's situation is the team is manufacturing touches for him (screens, carries, etc). His touch count compared to his snap percentage is impressive. I think he offers a very safe floor with a ton of upside to blow up any given week in this pass happy, high scoring, fast paced offense. I could see him having a similar year to Tyreek Hill's rookie season. Something around 700-800 receiving yards with 6 TD's and another 150-200 rushing yards with a rushing TD isn't out of the question. 

58 minutes ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

Something around 700-800 receiving yards with 6 TD's

Well, he has almost 200 and 1 through 2 games, so that's probly a pretty safe bet. lol

7 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Normally a guy like Moore ( 5' 7"/181 lbs) is destined to be a gadget/special teams player & nothing more. (Tavon Austin)

Small sample size, but Moore is the teams leading receiver. Love the fact that he's tied with nuke @ 7 first downs & the YAC numbers.

Receiving

Player
G
Rec
Yds
Y/G
Avg
Long
YAC
1stD
TD
Fum
FL
2 11 182 91.0 16.5 77 14.1 7 1 1 0
2 10 137 68.5 13.7 38 2.8 7 3 0 0
2 8 135 67.5 16.9 35 1.4 6 2 0 0
2 7 94 47.0 13.4 34 9.1 4 0 0 0
2 9 72 36.0 8.0 36 7.9 2 0 0 0
2 5 69 34.5 13.8 29 3.4 3 1 0 0

he was wide open on a busted play for like 80 yrds, expect the same numbers Hill had his rooky year. Some big games and a bunch of turds

As a Cardinals fan looking beyond the numbers…

Week 1 he got himself open downfield on a play where Murray scrambled for 10 seconds before finding him. 

Week 2 he got himself wide open for a 77yd TD on a similar play where Murray had to scramble. He then showed amazing elusiveness to gain extra yards before stepping out of bounds with a second left to set up a FG just before halftime. 

Small sample size but those kind of plays, outside of just the yards he’s putting up, will quickly gain the trust of Kyler and Kingsbury. He should get more snaps/touches moving forward, probably as early as this week 

I think he’s likely to have a good game vs the Jags with Hopkins a little banged up. 

Disappeared