Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - WR Nico Collins, Texans

Team Fit: In an offseason that Texans would just as soon forget, Collins offers a glimmer of hope. Houston, which is not exactly loaded with draft picks this year, gave up a total of three third-day picks to make the move to get him. The Michigan product is a bit of a size-speed-weight specimen (6-4, 215, 4.42-40, 34 1/8-inch arms), but he wasn't able to turn that into much production. How much of that was Michigan's offense? How much of it was due to an inability to separate? In other words, he's a developmental prospect with substantial upside and downside. The Texans don't need Collins right away despite their personnel blunders over the last two offseasons, but if can develop like they hope, he would give the offense a much-needed big body alongside Brandin Cooks, Keke Coutee and Randall Cobb.

What does it mean in redraft? Very little. There's a chance he will see immediate action as a red zone threat, but he's almost certain to be limited to about 20 plays per game (at most) in 2021.

Where should I expect him to go in my rookie drafts? Check back next week.

• Like 1

He’s worth holding, but he might not be worthy of a wr2 every week.  You will need to check out matchups.  Not surprising that the Texans  are inconsistent, is it? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Collins seems super talented on the field, but he’s struggling as are Stroud & Dell, the running game, the Texans. 

Is he worth holding as a WR2?

Yes, definitely. Not even a question unless somebody is offering you a good deal for him (unlikely)

• Thanks 1

its just a situation where teams now have some film and defenses are making adjustments so they dont get burned by these guys so badly.

so as players they will have to make their own adjustments.   sometimes that process is quick (a couple games) sometimes it is slow (a full season) and most often sometimes in between.   I think he will be fine when the matchup is good.   I'd be a little more careful about starting him against those good defenses now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LaChup said:

Damien Pierce has been complete ass, so that doesn't help things.

whats going on there?