Sign in to follow this  
Mike Isles

***OFFICIAL*** Sign in if you do not plan on getting vaccinated for COVID

Did the teachers union approve the CDC’s recommendation? 

Just now, porkbutt said:

:rolleyes:that's science? i think you should get vaccine every six months to err on side of caution

It’s hard to know a ton when you’re still getting your arms around a novel pandemic. But I suspect the CDC is more equipped to make educated guesses than you :dunno:

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s hard to know a ton when you’re still getting your arms around a novel pandemic. But I suspect the CDC is more equipped to make educated guesses than you :dunno:

well i said i think i'll wait before taking vax that they have no long term data for. i could be totally immune. i had covid and don't care if i get again. it was a mild sickness.why are people so concerned about if others get vax or not? it's none of their business right?

1 minute ago, porkbutt said:

well i said i think i'll wait before taking vax that they have no long term data for. i could be totally immune. i had covid and don't care if i get again. it was a mild sickness.why are people so concerned about if others get vax or not? it's none of their business right?

Yeah it’s a tough one. I mean I’m all for privacy and so forth, especially with medical stuff. But it actually is other people’s concerns because we’re trying to reach herd immunity through vaccinations and those people that won’t do it are holding us up. So that means that we have to keep wearing masks and having restrictions on stuff. I’d like to get past that so it’d be super nice if everyone would get on board. I understand your feeling if you’ve already had it but I think the CDC is just trying to encourage everyone to get it regardless of ifs and or buts.

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah it’s a tough one. I mean I’m all for privacy and so forth, especially with medical stuff. But it actually is other people’s concerns because we’re trying to reach herd immunity through vaccinations and those people that won’t do it are holding us up. So that means that we have to keep wearing masks and having restrictions on stuff. I’d like to get past that so it’d be super nice if everyone would get on board. I understand your feeling if you’ve already had it but I think the CDC is just trying to encourage everyone to get it regardless of ifs and or buts.

You are pretty much all over the map here.  But in short, take off the mask, end the restrictions and say "be who you want to be" to those unvaccinated.  It's not rocket science.  Everyone makes a decision and we all live (or don't) with them.  :thumbsup:

44 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You are pretty much all over the map here.  But in short, take off the mask, end the restrictions and say "be who you want to be" to those unvaccinated.  It's not rocket science.  Everyone makes a decision and we all live (or don't) with them.  :thumbsup:

I’m trying a little something called recognizing nuance. You might want to give it a look :) 

26 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m trying a little something called recognizing nuance. You might want to give it a look :) 

Says the guy who thought Trump told people to inject bleach. 

27 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Nuance sounds an awful lot like a woman trying to figure out what to wear. :dunno:

20 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Nuance sounds an awful lot like a woman trying to figure out what to wear. :dunno:

Now that’s a fair point :lol:

I don't plan to.  Haven't gotten the flu shot in a long time.  Living in the boonies these days.  Might though, not totally against it.

I'm having my first shot of the sinovax today. Just became available to foreigners.

Even the official sources say it's only maybe 50% effective. It's gonna be mandatory for us soon anyway, as we work in a school. And I'm still holding out a sliver of hope that a vaccine card let's me get out of here and back in this summer. 

I know many will say he's a liberal hack but John Oliver addressed vaccine hesitancy:

31 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I know many will say he's a liberal hack but John Oliver addressed vaccine hesitancy:

58 seconds. Does he say anything different after that? Cant listen to that limey kunt for long. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

58 seconds. Does he say anything different after that? Cant listen to that limey kunt for long. 

Well he does play some Tucker Carlson clips...I guess you could look forward to those?

25 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Well he does play some Tucker Carlson clips...I guess you could look forward to those?

Yeah, whatever. Oliver is an elitist twat who should mind his own business about what people put into their bodies.  You should too. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He makes some good points to convince people to get vaccinated but the tricky part, as you already know, is that you have to endure him to get there because attempting to listen to his ear-grating ramblings is just so aggitating and exasperating. I've always intended to get myself and my family vaccinated. It's just that the only vaccines available right now are the Chinese two which aren't terribly effective. I'd prefer to wait until one of the US ones get here and that may take some time since China should be the lowest priority on the planet to get the vaccines since the virus is essentially non-existant here and they already offer two mediocre options. Without the virus being here, there's not much urgency. Go through India and everywhere else first, I can wait.

I'm getting to point with MSM where I'm starting to equate "herd immunity" with "Herd Mentality" given the push for everyone having to get the shots. 
I dunno...I might get the shot, and I might not.  I am kind of bored with some people I know trying to guilt shame me into it, though.  :thumbsdown:
It's like, "Well I did it, so you have to do it too..." 
Well, I'm not smart enough to fall for that. :banana:

4 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

I'm getting to point with MSM where I'm starting to equate "herd immunity" with "Herd Mentality" given the push for everyone having to get the shots. 
I dunno...I might get the shot, and I might not.  I am kind of bored with some people I know trying to guilt shame me into it, though.  :thumbsdown:

Good for you. You’re a freeborn American. Do what suits you. 

19 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

He makes some good points to convince people to get vaccinated but the tricky part, as you already know, is that you have to endure him to get there because attempting to listen to his ear-grating ramblings is just so aggitating and exasperating. I've always intended to get myself and my family vaccinated. It's just that the only vaccines available right now are the Chinese two which aren't terribly effective. I'd prefer to wait until one of the US ones get here and that may take some time since China should be the lowest priority on the planet to get the vaccines since the virus is essentially non-existant here and they already offer two mediocre options. Without the virus being here, there's not much urgency. Go through India and everywhere else first, I can wait.

It just blows my mind that in the USA people are actually pushing this on people. If you’re not comfortable getting the vaccine, that’s your business. It’s not like this is polio.  There is a very low risk of death for almost all people. If you’re at risk, then maybe you should get it. Either way it’s no ones Fockin business. 

2 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Shots !!!

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It just blows my mind that in the USA people are actually pushing this on people. If you’re not comfortable getting the vaccine, that’s your business. It’s not like this is polio.  There is a very low risk of death for almost all people. If you’re at risk, then maybe you should get it. Either way it’s no ones Fockin business. 

Vaccines are most effective when more people in the population get it, so the idea is to immunize as many people as you can. They say these vaccines are 95% effecitve, which means if you're in the 5% oopsie group, you want that guy's over there's 95% to kick in because he had been exposed on Tuesday. I advocate for always taking the vaccine regardless, including this one, because you kind of have a duty and obligation to your community to do your part. These one were rushed out for obvious reasons,  I never got knocked on my ass taking a vaccine* like the folks posting in the Moderna vaccine thread have but you're still getting the best possible thing these companies could come up with. The thing with this one, other vaccines have been honed better as 99% effective, have less side effects, and the long term consequences are unknown. It's the most unhappy shot you are likely to get. You're better off with this than with a particularly nasty strain of Covid.

*(In Army basic training, I had a vaccine that, oddly enough was to be adminstered in the fleshy part of my upper buttocks rather than my arm. Upon getting jabbed, I soon found out why, it felt like they'd administered concrete. Three days later, I still felt that  puddle of concrete in the top of my buttcheek.) I looked it up, it's called 'bicilin'.They call it the "peanut butter" shot, but that name must be new, we never called it that.  https://www.military.com/off-duty/2020/02/10/why-most-dreaded-injection-called-peanut-butter-shot.html

8 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Of course Oliver is a textbook in playing to his vaccinated audience. That NYT story last week about the type of person who isn't getting vaccinated, I think someone here posted it, should have been telling for the bully, shaming crowd. They don't respond to it. Nor do they blindly respond to data. And they are not just red state American. The most over riding fact was they don't trust putting anything in their body unless they are 100% sure of what it is, and 100% sure it's going to do what it says. No different from the flu shot or other vaccines.  It's a little less than 50% of the population.  And it's the same worldwide. 

35 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Of course Oliver is a textbook in playing to his vaccinated audience. That NYT story last week about the type of person who isn't getting vaccinated, I think someone here posted it, should have been telling for the bully, shaming crowd. They don't respond to it. Nor do they blindly respond to data. And they are not just red state American. The most over riding fact was they don't trust putting anything in their body unless they are 100% sure of what it is, and 100% sure it's going to do what it says. No different from the flu shot or other vaccines.  It's a little less than 50% of the population.  And it's the same worldwide. 

I agree, a lot of the people not getting the vaccine probably won’t change their mind based on the mountains of data available.

A free beer seems to helping though.

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I agree, a lot of the people not getting the vaccine probably won’t change their mind based on the mountains of data available.

A free beer seems to helping though.

Those "mountains" don't guarantee it will work, don't guarantee you won't need many more, and certainly don't guarantee there will be no long term side effects. What they do guarantee is that an 18 year old has to take a lifelong risk against a harmless virus, so baby boomers can keep on scorching the earth.

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Those "mountains" don't guarantee it will work, don't guarantee you won't need many more, and certainly don't guarantee there will be no long term side effects. What they do guarantee is that an 18 year old has to take a lifelong risk against a harmless virus, so baby boomers can keep on scorching the earth.

1. I wasn’t really even talking about 18 year olds (they can’t legally drink beer)

2. It is pretty much guaranteed that it does work 95% of the time

3.  The virus isn’t always harmless even to 18 year olds

Correct, we don’t know if there are any long-term effects or how long it lasts. We do know there can be long term effects from covid though even for young people.  The “how long it lasts” isn’t really a good argument IMO.  The push is to get as many people as possible to get it now because we are still in the middle of a pandemic.   Hopefully we get enough people vaccinated (+ those who already had it) so that’s it no more than the flu moving forward (hopefully this since the vaccine is more effective), so that it won’t matter too much if a lot of people don’t get it in a year.  Not to mention a year from now we will have even more data and likely full FDA approval.

Honestly I think as a country we’re doing a pretty good job with the vaccine overall (and no it’s not all thanks to Biden).  When you factor in that the people most likely to refuse/not get the vaccine are also the most likely to have already had it (people like college students, covid deniers & poor people), we probably will get to like 75%+ pretty soon (especially of those 18+) of people that either already had it or got the vaccine.

Not getting it. Has 0 to do with politics. I lived with 2 people that had it and I didn't get. What would the shot be for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Not to mention a year from now we will have even more data and likely full FDA approval.

And for some, those are 2 outstanding reasons to wait.  :dunno: 

And enough with the 95% nonsense.  Read. Its 95% of those who would have caught it, which is 95% of 0.75%.  

What Does 95% Effective Mean? Teaching the Math of Vaccine Efficacy - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

And for some, those are 2 outstanding reasons to wait.  :dunno: 

And enough with the 95% nonsense.  Read. Its 95% of those who would have caught it, which is 95% of 0.75%.  

What Does 95% Effective Mean? Teaching the Math of Vaccine Efficacy - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Correct, that means it's 95% effective.  Why is that nonsense?

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Correct, that means it's 95% effective.  Why is that nonsense?

:lol:  Worst case 0.75% get sick and 99% of those recover.  Some pandemic. 

16 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:  Worst case 0.75% get sick and 99% of those recover.  Some pandemic. 

That doesn't mean everyone only has a 0.75% chance of ever getting it.   Otherwise 10% of the country wouldn't have been documented to have already had it, and of course many I'm sure including yourself think it's at least double that.

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

That doesn't mean everyone only has a 0.75% chance of ever getting it.   Otherwise 10% of the country wouldn't have been documented to have already had it, and of course many I'm sure including yourself think it's at least double that.

US pop in round numbers 330,000,000 x  0.075 = 24,750,000.  This, of course, is factoring in what we assume would have happened if we shut down society immediately, as those were conditions under the study.  Yes, I put the actual number higher than 33 million.  But it appears that shutting everything down was at best 25% effective with the numbers that we know. 

3 hours ago, edjr said:

Not getting it. Has 0 to do with politics. I lived with 2 people that had it and I didn't get. What would the shot be for?

Making Moderna and Pfizer & their shareholders $. Other than that it has no use.

Just about everyone except maybe the idiots in MICH, have been exposed to this weakass virus. Many people show no signs of it or even antibodies. They are immune to it. Pretty sure I'm one of them since I stood directly in front of someone who came down with it days later.

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Honestly I think as a country we’re doing a pretty good job with the vaccine overall (and no it’s not all thanks to Biden).  When you factor in that the people most likely to refuse/not get the vaccine are also the most likely to have already had it (people like college students, covid deniers & poor people), we probably will get to like 75%+ pretty soon (especially of those 18+) of people that either already had it or got the vaccine.

I think we’re doing a poor job because of all the lunatics and misinformation. A lot of which is probably spread by foreign agents. Russia, China etc don’t want to see us eradicate this virus

First it was donuts, then a shot and a free beer. Now they are waving 1 Ben Franklin in front of ya? 🤣 Any takers? 

39 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

US pop in round numbers 330,000,000 x  0.075 = 24,750,000.  This, of course, is factoring in what we assume would have happened if we shut down society immediately, as those were conditions under the study.  Yes, I put the actual number higher than 33 million.  But it appears that shutting everything down was at best 25% effective with the numbers that we know. 

Nice math there smart guy.  0.75% = 0.0075, not 0.075.

Worldometers already shows 33 million confirmed cases, or 10%.   So if more than 33 million Americans have already been infected, then the chances are more like 10%+ of getting it, not 0.75%

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Nice math there smart guy.  0.75% = 0.0075, not 0.075.

Worldometers already shows 33 million confirmed cases, or 10%.   So if more than 33 million Americans have already been infected, then the chances are more like 10%+ of getting it, not 0.75%

Yep, my bad.  

20 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Yep, my bad.  

Oof. :lol: