Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Myles Gaskin

51 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

ok, so we know where Gaskin Stands.

Hes clearly the leader but I'd still classify it as a committee.

among RB's here are the stats

Name                              Rush           catches       targets         Rush + targets

Gaskin                              9                     5                  5                       14

Brown                               5                     0                  0                       5

Ahmed                              3                     2                  3                       6

17                   7                   8                      25

so Gaskin got 9 out of 17 total carries (just over 50%) but if you factor in targets in the pass game he got 14 out of 25 attempts to target the RB. (56%)

I'd say Gaskin is definitely the starter, but at this point I would classify this as a committee but barely. (I consider it to be committee if the lead back gets less than 60% of touches)

Keep in mind this is a very good defense and I think gaskin played well.  hes the only RB who averaged more than 4 yards per carry, so he MAY be headed back to being the clear cut starter in future weeks.

also of note: Tua ran the ball 4 times and Jacoby Brissett (backup QB) ran the ball twice.

not sure this is normal, but when you have a small sample size like this it is worth noting.

Yeah, he seems to kind of be in no man's land here. He's their lead RB but I just don't know that it's going to translate to much in the way of fantasy points.

He gets some touches, yet they're a bit sporadic and not really high value touches.

I'm afraid his value is often going to be his catches in PPR and not a lot else.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I'd still classify it as a committee.

"Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along" season is in full swing!

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

"Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along" season is in full swing!

keep in mind, this is one game.  it obviously looks like Gaskin is the best back based on the numbers.

I'd be surprised if this stayed as committee status for future weeks.

right now the sample size is too small to say for sure, but Gaskin ran for more than 4 YPG while the others did not.   This trend (if it remains) likely means hes headed for higher carries and a larger load in future games.

I think he’s got to be in a bit of a committee partly due to his size.  But workable rb3/2 especially for ppr

10 minutes ago, DrG said:

I think he’s got to be in a bit of a committee partly due to his size.  But workable rb3/2 especially for ppr

the thought was his smaller size may affect durability.  but if you check earlier in this thread, durability was never an issue for this kid in college.

its possible it just was a bad year injury wise. nothing more.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ray_T said:

the thought was his smaller size may affect durability.  but if you check earlier in this thread, durability was never an issue for this kid in college.

its possible it just was a bad year injury wise. nothing more.

Half of the games he missed last season was due to covid. Not sure we can apply that to the injury/durability label either.

7 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Half of the games he missed last season was due to covid. Not sure we can apply that to the injury/durability label either.

I didnt realize the time missed was due to Covid.

that being the case, I'd bump his value up a bit from where I had him.

still as a high end RB3 or low end RB2 I dont think this guy is a bad investment.

Gaskin avg more points in ppr then first rounder Ekeler last season.  

20 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I already said  Im not fully buying it as he was durable in college.

I think we can agree  that we agree.

On 9/15/2021 at 2:18 AM, Ray_T said:

I already said  Im not fully buying it as he was durable in college.

I think we can agree  that we agree.

You quoted my same post twice.

Lol agreed.

it is starting to look like he is starting to takeover the backfield.  

13 out of 20 carries by RB's were his.

my understanding is the play count has been tilted in his favour the last couple weeks too.

by my definition, this wasnt a committee in week 3.   the backfield was his.

granted.  small sample size, but its worth watching.  and the team hasnt been performing exceptionally well, so there is no guarantee this will remain the status quo.

PPR:  Gaskin 10.4; Brown 9.1

Standard:  Brown 9.1, Gaskin 7.4.

Looks awfully committeeish to me... but then I'm the one who said Brown would be taking TDs from Gaskin in the first place, so I might be a little biased.

Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along season continues...

The season continues, Gaskin avg 6.5 per game non ppr, and avg 10.5 ppr

Brown avg 4.3 non ppr, and 4.3 Ppr 

One game not a season make . 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

what happened today?

He got a whopping 2 carries for 3 yards, no catches, no TDs.

I would say he's droppable at this point

29 minutes ago, polecatt said:

He got a whopping 2 carries for 3 yards, no catches, no TDs.

I would say he's droppable at this point

I did not know if there was a injury or if he just sucked

4 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

I did not know if there was a injury or if he just sucked

I don't think there's any injury, I think he just sucks, or maybe it's more he plays for a team that sucks

I should've listened to Axe Elf and have Gaskin drilling for oil on the continental shelf.  

At least I think that's the saying.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

I should've listened to Axe Elf

The road to fantasy hell is littered with these.

nobody said:

I should've listened to Axe Elf

🤣🤣

I'm sorry but that's just funny

54 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The road to fantasy hell is littered with these.

You called the shìt out of that shìt.  

1 hour ago, killerpopcorn said:

Is he worth dropping and picking someone else up? He is just a filler since I have cook Chubb and Henderson.

See what's up with Montgomery tomorrow.

If he's going to be out a while, and his back up is available, pick him up.

If one has the space I would still keep him.  

7 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I’m convinced Gaskin slept with the Dolphins OC’s wife, mother, and daughter.

Worse than that, he didn't perform well.......lol

RB’s who have more points than Myles.

Eli Mitchell (2 games)
Darrell Williams
Peyton Barber
Jeremy McNichols
Ty'Son Williams (3 Games)

8 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I’m convinced Gaskin slept with the Dolphins OC’s wife, mother, and daughter.

Back when I was trying to convince you all not to draft Gaskin as a RB2, and I was using facts and statistics and logic and stuff, I guess I should have just brought up the whole wife, mother and daughter incident instead, and you would have all believed me then?

Whatever the reason he’s a desperation flex at this point at best

45 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Back when I was trying to convince you all not to draft Gaskin as a RB2, and I was using facts and statistics and logic and stuff, I guess I should have just brought up the whole wife, mother and daughter incident instead, and you would have all believed me then?

Never. 

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You really come off pretty douchey to be honest. I don’t know one person that thought oh this is Miles Gaskins job and nobody is going to cut into it. Heck i had Ahmed on my roster last year and he was good. 
And if you were actually trying to come up with your own stats to throw these things out on the message board as if you have insight and you’re doing it without getting paid? That’s pretty funny. 
I mean I drafted Zeke and Saquon. So should I come on and tell everyone I told you Saquon was going to be OK? Of course not. We all gamble on the same set of information for the most part. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

We all gamble on the same set of information for the most part.

The set of information would seem to be the same, but the interpretation of it is what appears to vary--inexplicably, in my opinion, and yet inexorably.  Some people look at the available information on Gaskin, and think "high-end RB2."  Axe Elf looks at the same set of information and thinks "committee RB3 at best who won't score TDs."

And yes, I'm literally surprised when I hear someone contradict what appears to be plain from the commonly available knowledge--and yet people contradict Axe Elf all the time...

...in preseason.  Not so much after Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along season begins.

So yeah, you all have access to the same information that Axe Elf does.  Axe Elf just processes it better.

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

The set of information would seem to be the same, but the interpretation of it is what appears to vary--inexplicably, in my opinion, and yet inexorably.  Some people look at the available information on Gaskin, and think "high-end RB2."  Axe Elf looks at the same set of information and thinks "committee RB3 at best who won't score TDs."

And yes, I'm literally surprised when I hear someone contradict what appears to be plain from the commonly available knowledge--and yet people contradict Axe Elf all the time...

...in preseason.  Not so much after Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along season begins.

So yeah, you all have access to the same information that Axe Elf does.  Axe Elf just processes it better.

See my first line again. 

Nobody here is using you as a source of fantasy info…sorry. 

4 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Nobody here is using you as a source of fantasy info…sorry. 

Yes, and he's not the only one.

But of course every league needs 11 also-rans who DIDN'T listen to Axe Elf; so don't worry, you all have your roles to play as those "outside the loop" too!

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yes, and he's not the only one.

But of course every league needs 11 also-rans who DIDN'T listen to Axe Elf; so don't worry, you all have your roles to play as those "outside the loop" too!

Oh sweetie. Ive won my league six times in 20 years and going back to last year 13 out of my last 14 games. 

But it’s cool that you use your name in the third person. Not douchey  at all

11 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Oh sweetie.

Let's all try to keep our romantic attraction to Axe Elf to ourselves, shall we?

I'm glad you have benefitted from your exposure here to Axe Elf's wisdom.  13 out of 14 games is not something to sneeze at.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Let's all try to keep our romantic attraction to Axe Elf to ourselves, shall we?

Intelligence and vast wisdom are the original aphrodisiacs, you can’t blame the guys here for becoming smitten. 

38 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Intelligence and vast wisdom are the original aphrodisiacs, you can’t blame the guys here for becoming smitten. 

I know, but they could at least keep their creepy advances to themselves.

#metoo

On 5/6/2021 at 11:35 PM, AxeElf said:

Meh, you can split frog hairs all you like--but nobody really knows what will happen---not even the Miami coaches, at this point, I would guess.

Gaskin showed decent talent, but it's not like he doesn't have some competition, especially at the goalline, as the coaching staff showed the willingness to use Jordan Howard almost exclusively in that role last season.  If you think Gaskin becomes the bellcow, you take the swing.

Axe Elf recommends against it, unless you get really good value or something.  For my draft capital, I'd take Mike Davis at that price any day.

HAHA!!