Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Who makes the NFL playoffs in 21-22?

6 teams per conference.  4 division champs and 2 wild cards.  17 game schedule.

for me:

AFC: Chiefs, Bills, Colts.  I'll pencil in the Browns as AFC North division winners.  That leaves 2 spots for the Patriots, Broncos (assuming Aaron Rodgers), Chargers, Ravens and Steelers.  I'll pencil the Ravens in as an automatic playoff spot because they should always win lots of regular season games the way they are built.  I'll give the second spot to the Broncos.

NFC: Rams, Buccaneers, WFT, Vikings for the 4 division champs.  Panthers, Cowboys, Cardinals, Giants, Falcons, 49ers, Seahawks for 2 wild cards.  Seahawks take one.  I'll pencil in the 49ers as the other one because they have a large slate of potential meatballs on their schedule:  Home vs the Cardinals, Packers, Texans, Colts, Falcons and away vs the Cardinals, Bears, Lions, Jaguars, Titans, Eagles and a week 17 game vs the Bengals. 1-2 of the might wind up being good but most will be very bad.  As long as they 49ers aren't ravaged by injuries again they should get in.  Giants deserve consideration for a wild card as well because they have quite a few potentially terrible clubs to beat up on but I will pick the Niners.

It’ll be an interesting year and I could see more shakeup than usual.

I’ll go Rams, Bucs, Giants and Packers in the NFC (I don’t think Rodgers is leaving). Bears and Cardinals as wildcards. NFC West is especially hard to call as they could all easily be playoff teams.

In the AFC I like Indy, Buffalo, Baltimore and Kansas City. I think New England gets back into the playoffs with Chargers the other wildcard. Quite possible though that Miami replaces NE, probably even likely. I also don’t feel great about leaving Tennessee out.

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’ll be an interesting year and I could see more shakeup than usual.

I’ll go Rams, Bucs, Giants and Packers in the NFC (I don’t think Rodgers is leaving). Bears and Cardinals as wildcards. NFC West is especially hard to call as they could all easily be playoff teams.

In the AFC I like Indy, Buffalo, Baltimore and Kansas City. I think New England gets back into the playoffs with Chargers the other wildcard. Quite possible though that Miami replaces NE, probably even likely. I also don’t feel great about leaving Tennessee out.

I think Rodgers will hold out or get traded.  He's done playing for them though.

NFC

1. Tampa
  2. Los Angeles
  3. Washington
  4. Green Bay
  5. Seattle
  6. Minnesota
  7. New York

AFC

1. Buffalo
  2. Kansas City
  3. Indianapolis
  4. Baltimore
  5. Tennessee
  6. Miami
  7. Jacksonville

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Giants. :lol:

There's always a team with a weak schedule that makes the playoffs even if they really arent a playoff team.  Giants could very well be that team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Giants. :lol:

Just now, JustinCharge said:

There's always a team with a weak schedule that makes the playoffs even if they really arent a playoff team.  Giants could very well be that team.

I don't think the Giants will be a bad team.  Barkley should be back.  Jones isn't bad.  They added Golladay and Toney.  An "ok" OLine and a really good DLine.  I can see them winning 9 or 10 games.  I didn't look at their opponents, but talent-wise, they should be a solid team overall.

4 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I guess anything is possible in that weak ass division. Even a shlt team can make it in like Football Team did last year.

Indy over Buffalo

Tampa over Seattle

Indy beats Tampa 27-26 on a Rodgrigo Blankenship, last second field goal.

:pointstosky:  :first:

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't think the Giants will be a bad team.  Barkley should be back.  Jones isn't bad.  They added Golladay and Toney.  An "ok" OLine and a really good DLine.  I can see them winning 9 or 10 games.  I didn't look at their opponents, but talent-wise, they should be a solid team overall.

The division is weak for starters.  Home vs the Falcons and Raiders.  Away at the Bears.  Also the Dolphins as the 17th game and they don't have a QB.  I count up 8 easy games.

8 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

The division is weak for starters.  Home vs the Falcons and Raiders.  Away at the Bears.  Also the Dolphins as the 17th game and they don't have a QB.

I don't think it's weak.  Them and Washington could very well be 10-win teams.  I can see Dallas at 8 or 9.  I just looked up their opponents and not that hard.  They get the NFC South... no reason they can't beat Atlanta, Carolina, and NO.  Go 3-3 in their Division, that's 6-4.  They play the AFC West.  Why is Vegas and Denver hard?  Both are at home.  Split that division, they're at 8-6.  Miami, Chicago, and LA.  I don't see why they can't win 2 of those 3.  10-7.  They win 1, that's 9-8.  That could get them the last spot in the playoffs.

I think Jones is-can/will be a solid QB.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

I guess anything is possible in that weak ass division. Even a shlt team can make it in like Football Team did last year.

1985 called.  They said the NFC north has won a whopping 2 Super Bowls since then and two teams have never won one in that division, and you need to stfu and stop reminding everyone how pathetic it really is.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

1985 called.  They said the NFC north has won a whopping 2 Super Bowls since then and two teams have never won one in that division, and you need to stfu and stop reminding everyone how pathetic it really is.  

It's not my fault the giants suck and that a different team won their division with a .438 winning percentage. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

Some of you really think Jacob Eason is going to lead the Colts into the playoffs, LOL

23 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

It's not my fault the giants suck and that a different team won their division with a .438 winning percentage. :dunno:

It happened once. Now they are tied with the pathetic NFC North.  

Interested to see how the Pats do now that they’re starters are returning this year instead of opting out like they did last year. Hopefully they get more receivers cause their best receiver just retired 

Some true fan you are

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Div Winners

Rams, Tampa, Team, Bears

Colts, Bills, Browns, Chargers

:lol:

Why do people think the chargers are going to be that good?  Anything can happen, but it's probably going to take 13 or 14 wins to top the chiefs.  I just don't see the chargers doing that.  They probably aren't even going to have Melvin Ingram.  What did they do this off-season to improve that much?

10 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

:lol:

In their last 8 reg. season games, the Chiefs won by 2, 4, 3, 6, 6, 3, 3 with some really bad teams in there, and then lost by 17.  Then got smoked in the SB.  They are beatable. :dunno:

8 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

In their last 8 reg. season games, the Chiefs won by 2, 4, 3, 6, 6, 3, 3 with some really bad teams in there, and then lost by 17.  Then got smoked in the SB.  They are beatable. :dunno:

They need to get their running game unfocked. The trade for Brown should help.  But they are not dominant. No one is. 

1 hour ago, Meglamaniac said:

Some of you really think Jacob Eason is going to lead the Colts into the playoffs, LOL

They got this fella by the name of Carson Wentz. Got his team to 11-2 en route to a super bowl win not so long ago :dunno:

5 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

6 teams per conference.  4 division champs and 2 wild cards.  17 game schedule.

for me:

AFC: Chiefs, Bills, Colts.  I'll pencil in the Browns as AFC North division winners.  That leaves 2 spots for the Patriots, Broncos (assuming Aaron Rodgers), Chargers, Ravens and Steelers.  I'll pencil the Ravens in as an automatic playoff spot because they should always win lots of regular season games the way they are built.  I'll give the second spot to the Broncos.

NFC: Rams, Buccaneers, WFT, Vikings for the 4 division champs.  Panthers, Cowboys, Cardinals, Giants, Falcons, 49ers, Seahawks for 2 wild cards.  Seahawks take one.  I'll pencil in the 49ers as the other one because they have a large slate of potential meatballs on their schedule:  Home vs the Cardinals, Packers, Texans, Colts, Falcons and away vs the Cardinals, Bears, Lions, Jaguars, Titans, Eagles and a week 17 game vs the Bengals. 1-2 of the might wind up being good but most will be very bad.  As long as they 49ers aren't ravaged by injuries again they should get in.  Giants deserve consideration for a wild card as well because they have quite a few potentially terrible clubs to beat up on but I will pick the Niners.

Remember it's 7 playoff teams now- 3 wild cards. 

AFC: Pats, Browns, Colts, Chargers:

Wild Cards: Bills/Chiefs/Titans

NFC: Jints, Bears, Bucs, SFO

Wild Cards: Carolina/Dallas/Rams

:music_guitarred:

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

They got this fella by the name of Carson Wentz. Got his team to 11-2 en route to a super bowl win not so long ago :dunno:

4 years ago. 

The last time a NFC East team won back-to-back Division titles was during PHI's 2004 run - when those teams were competing for NFC Championships. 

This WFT isn't going to be the 1st since then - they aren't winning the East. 

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He’s 28. 

Then just say that, don’t bring up a hot streak from fours years ago that hasn’t been duplicated since. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then just say that, don’t bring up a hot streak from fours years ago that hasn’t been duplicated since. 

I’ll bring up whatever I want :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Like I said, Eason would have to lead them into the playoffs

I feel very comfortable saying the Rams will be the #1 seed in the NFC.  I don't think the Chiefs get it in the AFC.  Probably the Bills in the AFC.

10 hours ago, Cruzer said:

The last time a NFC East team won back-to-back Division titles was during PHI's 2004 run - when those teams were competing for NFC Championships. 

This WFT isn't going to be the 1st since then - they aren't winning the East. 

If Dak doesn't get hurt the boys win easily, BUT, if they had any defense at all, he doesn't get hurt.  Same predicament this year, with a less mobile Dak. The WFT might just repeat because the 1st year was a total fluke and they are vastly better this year. Eagles and Giants are non factors. 

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

If Dak doesn't get hurt the boys win easily, BUT, if they had any defense at all, he doesn't get hurt.  Same predicament this year, with a less mobile Dak. The WFT might just repeat because the 1st year was a total fluke and they are vastly better this year. Eagles and Giants are non factors. 

Another factor - Dallas has like the 2nd easiest strength of schedule this year. With Dak and the offensive line all returning from injury - they should do well. 

Then again, it's us - we could fock up a 2 car parade. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

* saved

6 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

the Cowboys got slaughtered with Dak by the Browns.  Dak was absolutely useless until garbage time. When the Browns backed off, he started scoring like mad.  That was the nail in the coffin to Dak's career to me.  He just disappears far too often in big games, and that was the last time for in my mind.  Dak sucks.

I advocated cutting Dak and drafting a QB.  Coulda traded up and got Fields.

11 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

the Cowboys got slaughtered with Dak by the Browns.  Dak was absolutely useless until garbage time. When the Browns backed off, he started scoring like mad.  That was the nail in the coffin to Dak's career to me.  He just disappears far too often in big games, and that was the last time for in my mind.  Dak sucks.

While I am an unabashed Dak supporter, they have mishandled him at every turn.  Jerry continually focks up and pay players way too much.  In the end, he should have let Dak test the market in a QB heavy draft.  My opinion is that Jerry is always afraid of letting players go and looking dumb. He is too tied to what the fans think of him. 

21 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

You're also the one who said to bank it, Dallas wasn't paying Dak and he had played his last game as a Cowboy. As I pointed out, you're about 0-12 on Cowboys calls. 

If you remember in that game, Dallas actually led 14-7 after the 1st qrt. It was then CLE went on a tear, running it down our throats - our defense simply couldn't stop them, simply couldn't get off the field. Dak and his 4tds, 500 yards is the only reason we came back at all. Baker barely clipped 160 in the air that day - mostly bcoz he didn't have to throw. 

• Like 1