It's good to be Tom Brady

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

thats a cheap ass Yacht

He has a little dinghy.

10 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

thats a cheap ass Yacht

Prolly got it on sail. 

• Thanks 1

I don't know what exactly differentiates from a boat to a yacht, but the video looks cool.

20 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

thats a cheap ass Yacht

I wouldn't want anything bigger than that.  I think that boat is sweeeeeet.  

19 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

I wouldn't want anything bigger than that.  I think that boat is sweeeeeet.  

Oh it is I’d love it. I’m just saying from what I hear about price wise is low

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

He probably brought his knee pads and "negotiated" a lower price. 

boat's gay like himself. get a fishing boat already....that's a wine and cheese cruiser.

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Yeah you certainly hear of them being many times more expensive, and you’d think he could afford it. But good on him, I guess, for not getting a ridiculously ostentatious one

• Like 1

Tawmee said he would give up two of his Super Bowl rings to have the undefeated season.  Lol. The G-Men! 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tawmee said he would give up two of his Super Bowl rings to have the undefeated season.  Lol. The G-Men! 

So in that scenario he’s basically giving away one because you’d necessarily get one back with the undefeated season, right?

Seems reasonable.

But fock him

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So in that scenario he’s basically giving away one because you’d necessarily get one back with the undefeated season, right?

Seems reasonable.

But fock him

I guess. But he does have to give up two. Witch two? Not the Tampa one, no way. I do have to laugh when Patriots fans, like PFB, claim it doesn’t bother them. Yes it does. Stings till this day. Lol. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess. But he does have to give up two. Witch two? Not the Tampa one, no way. I do have to laugh when Patriots fans, like PFB, claim it doesn’t bother them. Yes it does. Stings till this day. Lol. 

No it really doesn’t. He won six with us. Good for him getting another one in Tampa. Wasn’t happening with the Pats anyway, they were in a tough spot with the cap and didn’t have a lot of decent draft picks work out. Did you see Cam’s receivers last year? Not even Tommy Boy could’ve done much with that. Plus no Hightower, Chung, Cannon etc. Even with Brady they would’ve been a wildcard one and done at best

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

No it really doesn’t. He won six with us. Good for him getting another one in Tampa. Wasn’t happening with the Pats anyway, they were in a tough spot with the cap and didn’t have a lot of decent draft picks work out. Did you see Cam’s receivers last year? Not even Tommy Boy could’ve done much with that. Plus no Hightower, Chung, Cannon etc. Even with Brady they would’ve been a wildcard one and done at best

Aw, Worms still believes the salary cap is real.  Such a sweet, innocent kid.  

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Aw, Worms still believes the salary cap is real.  Such a sweet, innocent kid.  

It was real to the Patriots last year and a bunch of other teams this year. Or did you think no one else was interested in two of the top TEs in the game? :lol: :doh:

13 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It was real to the Patriots last year and a bunch of other teams this year. Or did you think no one else was interested in two of the top TEs in the game? :lol: :doh:

They pick and choose when it’s important. And I wouldn’t call either one of them a top TE. One is hurt all the time and the other is a perennial tease. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They pick and choose when it’s important. And I wouldn’t call either one of them a top TE. One is hurt all the time and the other is a perennial tease. 

Yeah I guess nobody was interested in the best pass rusher in free agency or two of the top WRs either. All in their prime including the aforementioned TEs. Nothing to do with the cap for sure

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah I guess nobody was interested in the best pass rusher in free agency or two of the top WRs either. All in their prime including the aforementioned TEs. Nothing to do with the cap for sure

Agholar is a top WR? Lay off the crack Hunter. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Agholar is a top WR? Lay off the crack Hunter. 

Of those who were free agents. Try to keep up :doh: 

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Of those who were free agents. Try to keep up :doh: 

Not even then.  18-1

On 5/6/2021 at 2:07 AM, wiffleball said:

I don't know what exactly differentiates from a boat to a yacht, but the video looks cool.

I think a boat you drive yourself. A yacht has a crew. 

On 5/6/2021 at 12:54 AM, wiffleball said:

First rule of wealth. Own your home, lease your toys.

My dad always says, “if it floats, focks, or flies, you're better off renting.”

Mom didn't like that one. She also didn't like him telling us when we were ten. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not even then. 

Highest YPC in the league last year. Maybe he pans out, maybe not, but you’re only embarrassing yourself if you think there wasn’t competition for his services.

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Highest YPC in the league last year. Maybe he pans out, maybe not, but you’re only embarrassing yourself if you think there wasn’t competition for his services.

Who had the second highest? 

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Don’t know, don’t care. Did they also lead their team in receiving yards and pile up 8 TDs?

On 5/5/2021 at 10:49 AM, NorthernVike said:

Buccaneers QB Tom Brady purchases new $6 million, 77-foot yacht

Buccaneers QB Tom Brady purchases new $6 million, 77-foot yacht (msn.com)

You don't need the "$6M" number or the "77-foot yacht" to make that claim.  Just look that the two mothers of his children.  That's all you need to know to make the statement "It's good to be Tom Brady".

31 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

For the record, Marquez Valdes-Scantling was #1 in Y/R last year at 20.9 ypr.  Agholor was 2nd at 18.7 and DJ Moore was 3rd at 18.1

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

For the record, Marquez Valdes-Scantling was #1 in Y/R last year at 20.9 ypr.  Agholor was 2nd at 18.7 and DJ Moore was 3rd at 18.1

Technically speaking, sure, but typically you have some minimum number of catches so as to not skew the stat, and that’s where Agholor was #1.

He had a good year. 8 tds, 900 yards (in a not very pass-happy offense), led league in YPC among those with something like 40+ catches IIRC. I know he was a bust in philly but he resuscitated his career and other teams surely would have signed him but for not being able to take on the CAP hit, which was the whole original point here.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Murderers row.  They should fit them for the gold jacket now. YPC. What a stupid stat. For real football. It’s ok for fantasy.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Murderers row.  They should fit them for the gold jacket now. YPC. What a stupid stat. For real football. It’s ok for fantasy.  

Your John Wayne act is getting thin :( 

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Your John Wayne act is getting thin :( 

It’s a stupid stat, like most football stats are. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s a stupid stat, like most football stats are. 

The advanced metrics liked him too, check out PFF.

Bottom line it’s time to throw in the towel, buddy :( 

13 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Technically speaking, sure, but typically you have some minimum number of catches so as to not skew the stat, and that’s where Agholor was #1.

He had a good year. 8 tds, 900 yards (in a not very pass-happy offense), led league in YPC among those with something like 40+ catches IIRC. I know he was a bust in philly but he resuscitated his career and other teams surely would have signed him but for not being able to take on the CAP hit, which was the whole original point here.

These guys don't seem to have a problem with the number of catches by MVS.

Here's what they state as qualifications (it's at the bottom of the page).

* All Games qualifier is on pace for at least 30 receptions
* Home Games qualifier is on pace for at least 12 receptions
* Away/Neutral Games qualifier is on pace for at least 12 receptions
* Division Games qualifier is on pace for at least 6 receptions
* Conference Games qualifier is on pace for at least 12 receptions
* Last 2 Weeks qualifier is on pace for at least 2 receptions
* Last 4 Weeks qualifier is on pace for at least 3 receptions
* Vs. TR Top 10 qualifier is on pace for at least 3 receptions

To note, I don't have any issues with Agholor, I was simply stating that he was #2 in ypr.  I mean, that's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things... being #2 in the league isn't anything to be mad about.  I will say though, it's not really a stat I'd boast about.  Just saying 900 yards and 8 TD's is enough.  Yards per reception is such a freaky thing, it's not really a predictor of anything.

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That particular stat, yeah, I agree with you... but Agholor did have a solid season.  He's right, 900 yards and 8 TD's is good.  It's something every team would like having.  I mean, did the Giants even have a WR with 900 yards?  Did they even have 1 with 5 TD's?

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That particular stat, yeah, I agree with you... but Agholor did have a solid season.  He's right, 900 yards and 8 TD's is good.  It's something every team would like having.  I mean, did the Giants even have a WR with 900 yards?  Did they even have 1 with 5 TD's?

What do the giants have to do with it? You mad that the refs had to hand the Bucs that game against them?