Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL Players Are Dumb

And they prove it all the time. This tackle for the Broncos tore his Achilles while working out away from the team facility, like many are electing to do because of Covid (give me a break). Anyhow , it’s clear in every NFL players contract that if injured away from the team, you don’t get paid until you can play again . It’s clear as day. Well, this guy cost himself 10 million. Now NFL players are questioning it, including the increasingly annoying Pat Mahomes. How stupid are these guys? Didn’t they all go to college? They seem to have a grasp of political/ social issues and policing, why can’t they read their own contract ? I knew this, and I never read one. 

He needed to go to the team facility afterward and pretend he got the injury there.

He'll still get his money by the way.  Optics are too bad not to pay him.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

He needed to go to the team facility afterward and pretend he got the injury there.

He'll still get his money by the way.  Optics are too bad not to pay him.

No he won’t. You’re opening up a can of worms if you pay him. Every one of these knuckleheads who get hurt doing stupid things will just say they were working out. That’s the  reason they have that in the contracts.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No he won’t. You’re opening up a can of worms if you pay him. Every one of these knuckleheads who get hurt doing stupid things will just say they were working out. That’s the  reason they have that in the contracts.

I think ultimately they will pay him. From what I understand, he was working out normally. And there is the whole pandemic thing, although that's been bullsh!t for some time now.

That clause is in there mostly for stuff like skiing and surfing and other adventure sports I think. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I think ultimately they will pay him. From what I understand, he was working out normally. And there is the whole pandemic thing, although that's been bullsh!t for some time now.

That clause is in there mostly for stuff like skiing and surfing and other adventure sports I think. 

It specifically says working out. The skiing and stuff is a given. They explicitly laid it out like that for a reason. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

It specifically says working out. The skiing and stuff is a given. They explicitly laid it out like that for a reason. 

Right. But they've almost gotta make an exception given the pandemic this year and all. We shall see. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Right. But they've almost gotta make an exception given the pandemic this year and all. We shall see. 

Yeah, when you factor in the crying about the Covid and sprinkle in some racism I could see the Broncos giving in. I withdraw my earlier. I keep thinking we live in a world with individual accountability.  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, when you factor in the crying about the Covid and sprinkle in some racism I could see the Broncos giving in. I withdraw my earlier. I keep thinking we live in a world with individual accountability.  

I mean, I doubt the facility is even open. Most aren't, and haven't been for ages.

Would be really petty to punish a guy for doing exactly what you want him to be doing. 

25 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I mean, I doubt the facility is even open. Most aren't, and haven't been for ages.

Would be really petty to punish a guy for doing exactly what you want him to be doing. 

The facilities are open. Many players have used them. 

25 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

We could start a never ending list of dumb ass players. 

The list starts with WRs that sign with Baltimore. :pointstosky:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I think it depends on if they want to keep him. He signed a big contract, only managed 3 games in 2019, opted out last year, then chose not to show up to OTAs. Next year, he's going to be a 30 year old, who hasn't played in 2 years (and barely played the year before), coming off an Achilles injury, with a 10 figure salary. If the Broncos are considering cutting him, you gotta figure they won't pay him this year.

All I could think of from your thread title (not you, but the players). :lol:

I would like for you to change the Original title to:  At least 8 out of 10 Americans are Dumb.

I hate people.  Just go out into public and try to talk to random folks, its nauseating.  

• Thanks 1

I always prescribed to 7 out if 10 was worthless.  But with the schooling Millenials have gotten, we may have well pushed it to 8 out of 10.

9 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I would like for you to change the Original title to:  At least 8 out of 10 Americans are Dumb.

I hate people.  Just go out into public and try to talk to random folks, its nauseating.  

But these guys are college educated with agents and lawyers. And all their co-workers are college educated as well. How can one of the biggest stars who is so articulate and outspoken on what’s wrong with our society not know about this facet of all nfl contracts? He can read. 

17 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You make a good point about people lying though.  He could be lying about getting injured while working out for all we know.

Cut.

It's funny. If this had happened in February, he probably would still have a job and be paid. But the union decided to pick a fight over workouts, and James is one of the players who went along with the union. Now he's out millions of dollars.