Sign in to follow this  
TheNewGirl

Experts Warn of Coming Inflation

If only we could have predicted this or something. 🤔

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9541387/Grocery-gas-electricity-prices-surge-inflation-warnings-grow.html?fbclid=IwAR2SnKSQyEgJQqJWyGgW1Mi7gOuJdUu2M_Sn6CCawjHW-qiQ08pxOaP2FEY

It might seem like a complicated concept, but it plays out in real life: The average price of coffee is now up nearly 8 percent compared to last year, while the price of bread is up 11 percent, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data. Gasoline is up a whopping 22 percent. 

Meanwhile, food prices have already increased 3.5 percent over the past year and energy prices are up 13 percent. 

The prices of raw materials - such as steel, lumber and cotton - that are used to make everything have also been surging. 

Companies have already said they will be passing on the higher costs of those raw materials onto consumers.  

1 minute ago, peenie said:

Dah heck? You made fun of me for making a very similar thread!

Is it time to cash out? - The Geek Club - FFToday Forums

Wrong. 

I made fun of you beause you have no idea what you're talking about. Also, yours is about cashing out of the market. Mine is about goods and services becoming more and more expenisve, companies passing the expense to consumers and no one wants to work. Companies like McDonalds are offering people $50 just to SHOW UP for an interview. 

If you can't see the difference, then yeah, I stand by my point tht you don't know what you're talking about. 

The stock market offers very little in the "health" of our economy. What people are buying and spending money on is where is it's at. 

• Like 1

Prices are not rising so much as our currency is being devalued.

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

Wrong. 

I made fun of you beause you have no idea what you're talking about. Also, yours is about cashing out of the market. Mine is about goods and services becoming more and more expenisve, companies passing the expense to consumers and no one wants to work. Companies like McDonalds are offering people $50 just to SHOW UP for an interview. 

If you can't see the difference, then yeah, I stand by my point tht you don't know what you're talking about. 

The stock market offers very little in the "health" of our economy. What people are buying and spending money on is where is it's at. 

You're not TNG! You're an imposter!!!

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Prices are not rising so much as our currency is being devalued.

I guess that's what happens when the govt gives you "free money." 

• Thanks 1

Coming? It’s here.  Who the Fock are they kidding? Everything is more expensive. Amazon prices suck now. 

54 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I guess that's what happens when the govt gives you "free money." 

Omg, this is everything I stated my thread! 

7 minutes ago, peenie said:

Omg, this is everything I stated my thread! 

Ok, peenie. Whatever you say. 

10 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Ok, peenie. Whatever you say. 

If you go back and read her thread you'll see that she did talk about the government handing out too much money and worry about a possible depression.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

If you go back and read her thread you'll see that she did talk about the government handing out too much money and worry about a possible depression.

I know. :)

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So, who gets blamed for this?

which side wants to keep giving out more and more money and spend 5 gazillion on green new nonsense?

which side wants people to go back to work?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

which side wants to keep giving out more and more money and spend 5 gazillion on green new nonsense?

They both have been giving out money and spending a ton of it.  Only the left wants to spend it on their green deal.  Neither side is innocent when it comes to not being fiscally responsible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They both have been giving out money and spending a ton of it.  Only the left wants to spend it on their green deal.  Neither side is innocent when it comes to not being fiscally responsible.

right, but look thru unrose colored glasses, which side keeps opposing stimulus, giving money to pet foreign projects?

its 2021, there isnt a single decision that can be blamed on the right, they literally dont hold any decision powers

Trump wanted to give out money, the RNC didnt, I disagreed with Trump, as did most conservatives.

He also wanted the country to be completely open and to keep illegals from flooding

all of those things I said are part of the DNC platform

you dont see R governors offering money to illegals

• Thanks 1

Shocked I say, SHOCKED!

When the government pisses out money left and right everyone becomes piss poor 

l0HFkA6omUyjVYqw8.gif.cc7f8d9e20059f38c8be4c042ab866dd.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Biden reiterated forecasts that project inflation will ease substantially by the end of 2022.

This is a boldface focking lie....

It will probably ease up about a month before midterms and then really kick in...  If it isn't any lower, good luck finding it in the MSM anywhere...

On 5/6/2021 at 2:24 PM, TheNewGirl said:

Wrong. 

I got two turntables and a microphone. :banana:

• Haha 2

We buy too much from China, so when China's manufacturers have massive inflation it makes sense that we have inflation.

We are screwed in this cycle, however the only way to prevent this in future economic cycles would be to not be so dependent on chinese manufacturing.  I know the article I am linking is old, however our consumer price index will lag behind the chinese manufacturing price index. So it is valid as far as our inflation is concerned.

There is nothing biden can do to slow down inflation before the end of the year. Him saying he can slow it down is a lie.

Article for chinese manufacturing inflation:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/10/chinas-producer-prices-rose-at-fastest-pace-in-26-years-in-october.html

I am pretty sure some people have been saying this very thing was coming; and were laughed at about it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BLS said:

I am pretty sure some people have been saying this very thing was coming; and were laughed at about it.

Bump the hyperinflation thread.

11 minutes ago, BLS said:

It’s funny how before the election ppl were told this was going to happen. Got laughed at. After the election was over and things IMMEDIATELY started going up they told them again. Laughed at. Fast forward to today. It’s being blamed on trump and covid :doh: Any time I ask “well how come Sh1t was expensive when Obama was in office, cheap when trump was in, and back to being expensive when Biden is in office” all I get is “you don’t know how an economy works!!!” Swear I wish covid would’ve done worse damage to California and New York than it did 😒

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

It’s funny how before the election ppl were told this was going to happen. Got laughed at. After the election was over and things IMMEDIATELY started going up they told them again. Laughed at. Fast forward to today. It’s being blamed on trump and covid :doh: Any time I ask “well how come Sh1t was expensive when Obama was in office, cheap when trump was in, and back to being expensive when Biden is in office” all I get is “you don’t know how an economy works!!!” Swear I wish covid would’ve done worse damage to California and New York than it did 😒

What specific Biden policies have resulted in higher inflation?

5 minutes ago, vomit said:

Ice cream futures?

5 minutes ago, vomit said:

You don't think printing up 5+ Trillion Dollars and injecting it directly into the economy might have inflationary results?

BTW...this isn't really all on Biden.  Trump did it too.  But Obama was the worst.

5 minutes ago, BLS said:

You don't think printing up 5+ Trillion Dollars and injecting it directly into the economy might have inflationary results?

BTW...this isn't really all on Biden.  Trump did it too.  But Obama was the worst.

That's exactly my point.  The djdb idiot said inflation was higher under Obama, low under Trump and now high again the day after election.  It doesn't work that way.

Inflation is pretty complicated, but the fed injecting trillions is a huge culprit, and this really ramped up under Bush with the financial crisis.  Supply chain issues are big too, which Biden hasn't done anything to fix, if we want to give him some blame.

43 minutes ago, vomit said:

That's exactly my point.  The djdb idiot said inflation was higher under Obama, low under Trump and now high again the day after election.  It doesn't work that way.

Inflation is pretty complicated, but the fed injecting trillions is a huge culprit, and this really ramped up under Bush with the financial crisis.  Supply chain issues are big too, which Biden hasn't done anything to fix, if we want to give him some blame.

Shut the fock up dumb ass. Fact is you can’t handle it cause what I said you can’t disprove. And it pisses you off to no end :lol: oh and Biden doesn’t have “policies”. Doesn’t need them. Why? Cause his “policy” is repealing everything trump did which in turn caused prices to skyrocket. 

Prime example: remember insulin? How much it cost before trump? Yea, he signed an order to make it lower. What did Biden do? That’s right he repealed it. What happened to prices? Did they stay the same? Hmmm???? Nope they didn’t. Shot right back up. Which is what happened to everything else essentially. Now Biden is trying to put lowering the cost of insulin in his bills he’s passing and using that as an excuse when republicans don’t back his plan. “BuT tHe InSuLiN” don’t create a problem and tout yourself as being the “fix” for it. 

This retard got schooled by not only me but everyone else in here. Nominally I’m nice but this fagg0t wants to act like a d1ck so I’ll make him look like the retarded kid from South Park 

• Thanks 1

There was a time when the Federal Reserve would attempt to curb inflation 'before' it got out of hand.

Now they seem absolutely terrified to raise rates a measly 25 basis points. They keep talking about raising, but that's all it's been.....talk.

Keeping interest rates too low for too long impacts a lot of things. 

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/we-can-t-afford-our-home-anymore-112712.html

Is it any wonder that there's been an insatiable demand for low income/affordable housing for 10+ years ?

The country is out of control in many ways.

Going to be interesting to see it all unwind at some point.

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Shut up dumb ass. Fact is you can’t handle it cause what I said you can’t disprove. And it pisses you off to no end :lol: oh and Biden doesn’t have “policies”. Doesn’t need them. Why? Cause his “policy” is repealing everything trump did which in turn caused prices to skyrocket. 

Prime example: remember insulin? How much it cost before trump? Yea, he signed an order to make it lower. What did Biden do? That’s right he repealed it. What happened to prices? Did they stay the same? Hmmm???? Nope they didn’t. Shot right back up. Which is what happened to everything else essentially. Now Biden is trying to put lowering the cost of insulin in his bills he’s passing and using that as an excuse when republicans don’t back his plan. “BuT tHe InSuLiN” don’t create a problem and tout yourself as being the “fix” for it. 

Vomit/ Gutterboy just got owned. Stay down fella. 

• Thanks 1

Democrats:. The GOP is evil for trying to stop us from raising the debt ceiling!!!!

Also democrats:. Both sides are equally to blame for high inflation.   

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Vomit/ Gutterboy just got owned. Stay down fella. 

Ah so that’s who it is. No wonder the guy is a complete focking loon 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Democrats:. The GOP is evil for trying to stop us from raising the debt ceiling!!!!

Also democrats:. Both sides are equally to blame for high inflation.   

They just make it up. Kids in cages, very fine people, bleach. Russia! Paying Russians to shoot our troops.  All bullshit. The truth about Biden and his focked up family is way worse than what they made up about Trumps. Only a sucker continues to believe the left at this point. 

15 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Shut the fock up dumb ass. Fact is you can’t handle it cause what I said you can’t disprove. And it pisses you off to no end :lol: oh and Biden doesn’t have “policies”. Doesn’t need them. Why? Cause his “policy” is repealing everything trump did which in turn caused prices to skyrocket. 

This retard got schooled by not only me but everyone else in here. Nominally I’m nice but this fagg0t wants to act like a d1ck so I’ll make him look like the retarded kid from South Park 

I'm sorry digby but I've had enough of your sh!t talking.  I'm normally a nice guy but you need to be put in your place here.

Here is what you said " Sh1t was expensive when Obama was in office, cheap when trump was in, and back to being expensive when Biden is in office"

I can't disprove it?

How about using data?  I don't expect you to understand this, but the inflation rate during the Obama Admin was 1.37%.  During the Trump admin, it was 1.90%.  This directly refutes your statement.  You are wrong.  You talked sh!t and I busted you.

If you want to make it interesting, during the W years, it was 2.84%, higher than both.

Here is the data: https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/inflation-rate-cpi

It might be time to delete your account now.