JustinCharge

SEVEN Yankees fall ill with covid - ALL were vaccinated

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Of course that’s possible.  But the vaccine is still reducing infections and thus spread which is also part of “its job.”

I kinda think they should just stop giving the J&J.  First the blood clots (albeit 6 out of 6 million) and now continued evidence that it’s not as effective as Pfizer/Moderna.  The only real reason to get it was because it’s “only 1 dose,” but it’s possible 1 dose of Pfizer/Moderna might even be more effective.

The REAL danger at THIS point is mutations, and the vaccine doesn't seem to do anything about that.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

The REAL danger at THIS point is mutations, and the vaccine doesn't seem to do anything about that.

Covid, and strains thereafter, are here to stay forever, just like the common cold, chicken pox, measles, shingles, and the seasonal flu.  They'll have to continue to develop vaccines.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Covid, and strains thereafter, are here to stay forever, just like the common cold, chicken pox, measles, shingles, and the seasonal flu.  They'll have to continue to develop vaccines.

So the vaccine does nothing.  They used to talk about ERADICATING disease.  Now we live with them huh.

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

So the vaccine does nothing.

They reduce the numbers.  Just like the flu vaccines.  And just like the flu vaccines, you don't need to get one... it's just not a bad idea to get one.  I think where state governments are going too far is requiring the vaccinations in order to participate in activities.  I think it's best for older people to get them.  As for people under 50, it should be left up to them.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

They reduce the numbers.  Just like the flu vaccines.  And just like the flu vaccines, you don't need to get one... it's just not a bad idea to get one.  I think where governments are going too far is requiring the vaccinations in order to participate in activities.  I think it's best for older people to get them.  As for people under 50, it should be left up to them.

I never in my life heard vaccines make the symptoms less potent.   Never. Vaccines always outright made you immune.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

I never in my life heard vaccines make the symptoms less potent.   Never. Vaccines always outright made you immune.

Correct... but virus' always mutate, that's why I say it's here forever.  It's why the vaccines shouldn't be a requirement.  Vaccines aren't perfect.  There's error.  That's why there's always mutations.  It's why there are people every year who get a flu shot, but still get the flu.

16 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

It reduces the spread.  Less spread, less chance for mutations.

28 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

The flu vaccine isn't close to 100%. It's usually around 50% effective, but it typically lessens symptoms if you do get the flu. This information has been out for a long time now.

32 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

To properly sell it, they were required to change the definition. That's the bizzaro world we live in now. I mean, we have folks who've already had the virus being vaccinated...

:wacko:

Luckily, most of the country has moved on. Nobody in my area needed the CDC to tell us we could go outside without a mask. It's good to live in a sane area of the country.

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I’m not. I’m independent.  I voted for Trump (twice).  I did vote for Obama in 2008 but that was when I was in college, and have went Republican in the presidential elections since then although I have voted for a couple local Dem politicians I like.  I really don’t even comment on most of the political stuff here. 

Covid shouldn’t be a political issue.  I just think it’s a big deal and want to get back to normal - and the vaccine is our best chance at doing that without continuing to have unnecessary deaths.  So it’s a little frustrating (yet not unexpected) that many of the same people saying covid was NBD in the first place are the same ones spreading conspiracy theories about the vaccine.

WTF is it with these guys and the "I'm an Independent" shtick?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Casual Observer said:

Embarrassment.  :dunno: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

As I predicted months ago, they will eventually just roll this virus 'vaccine' into the flu vaccine.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

To properly sell it, they were required to change the definition. That's the bizzaro world we live in now. I mean, we have folks who've already had the virus being vaccinated...

:wacko:

Luckily, most of the country has moved on. Nobody in my area needed the CDC to tell us we could go outside without a mask. It's good to live in a sane area of the country.

FL is the free world now. The great thing is the true idiots won't come here now the more DeSantis speaks the truth. The libs will stay in their hellholes.

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

So the vaccine does nothing.  They used to talk about ERADICATING disease.  Now we live with them huh.

It's not really a vaccine. They just pimp it as a vaccine to get the lemmings to take it. Easier than calling it what it is and the tards saying 'huh, what?'

28 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

I won't have to keep saying it if people don't keep claiming I'm a "lib" or some guy from a different website.   Sho Nuff?   The name sounds familiar from the FF board, but don't really remember much about him.

32 minutes ago, lod001 said:

As I predicted months ago, they will eventually just roll this virus 'vaccine' into the flu vaccine.

I don't know enough about the chemical aspects, but I'm guessing that every year, every pharmacy will offer a flu shot and Covid shot.

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

It prevents infections.  It just doesn't prevent ALL infections.  And the J&J is less effective at doing so than the Pfizer/Moderna.

I read that they cannot prove that it doesn't prevent infections because they didn't have time to the do the studies to prove it or not. People may be infected but not getting sick or showing any symptoms. 

One caveat to be aware of is that we do not yet know if people who are vaccinated can still be infected if exposed to the virus in the community. If they are exposed, there is a chance that the virus could replicate at low levels in the nasal or oral cavity before the immune system stops it. If this happens, the individual may be able to shed the virus produced during the brief period of replication.

Last updated: 5/4/2021

57 minutes ago, peenie said:

I read that they cannot prove that it doesn't prevent infections because they didn't have time to the do the studies to prove it or not. People may be infected but not getting sick or showing any symptoms. 

Yeah this doesn’t contradict what I said.  It prevents infections, it just doesn’t prevent ALL infections.  You think they didn’t test everyone in the trials?

On 5/13/2021 at 3:18 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't "claim" it... we all know it's true.  We all know the vaccine isn't 100%, right?  That's not something people are questioning.  Is it better than 98.5%?  If it's not, then we know for a fact that it doesn't improve your chances because we know that 98.5% of the people who got covid, survived.

Now, my point isn't to say we shouldn't develop a vaccine or that people shouldn't get them.  My point is, that it shouldn't be a mandate or prohibit people from activities/events if they didn't get it.  It should be handled just like the flu vaccine.  Get if you want it.  Don't if you don't want to.  No biggie.

You are messing up the math.  The easy way to look at it is that the vaccine effective rate is on top of everything else.  Say 10000 people got Covid.  Without the vaccine, 1.5% or 150 would die.  With the vaccine, those 10000 people would be reduced by 95%, so only 500 would actually get it.  Of those, 1.5% or 7.5 people would die.

This presumes the vaccine has no benefits in survival if contracted, which is not the case since it does help with that as well.  But my point is you are comparing apples and oranges.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You are messing up the math.  The easy way to look at it is that the vaccine effective rate is on top of everything else.  Say 10000 people got Covid.  Without the vaccine, 1.5% or 150 would die.  With the vaccine, those 10000 people would be reduced by 95%, so only 500 would actually get it.  Of those, 1.5% or 7.5 people would die.

This presumes the vaccine has no benefits in survival if contracted, which is not the case since it does help with that as well.  But my point is you are comparing apples and oranges.

I gotchya.  Yeah, I was messing up the math.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't know enough about the chemical aspects, but I'm guessing that every year, every pharmacy will offer a flu shot and Covid shot.

They want this crap in everyone so they can add to the totals if they combine the flu shot with this garbage.

Just now, lod001 said:

They want this crap in everyone so they can add to the totals if they combine the flu shot with this garbage.

I don't doubt it.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I gotchya.  Yeah, I was messing up the math.

Apology accepted

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Apology accepted

Doesn't change how I feel about it.  People who are older should get it.  We know this affects them more than anyone else.  People who aren't healthy should as well.  But NO ONE should be denied access to anything if they choose not to get it.

28 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The truth is that 1.5% has been predictable and by vaxxing only those, we would eliminate 95% of deaths. Vaxxing the other 98.5% is pretty much a waste.  

8 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Covid shouldn’t be a political issue.  I just think it’s a big deal and want to get back to normal - and the vaccine is our best chance at doing that without continuing to have unnecessary deaths.  So it’s a little frustrating (yet not unexpected) that many of the same people saying covid was NBD in the first place are the same ones spreading conspiracy theories about the vaccine.

Well im sick of the democrats too.  

pelosi came out at the start and said covid was no big deal and just trump being racist against asians, then turning on a dime to claim is the worst crisis ever, then spreading conspiracy theories that the republicans are all anti-vaxxers and want all blacks dead from covid. 

its been disgusting. 

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Doesn't change how I feel about it.  People who are older should get it.  We know this affects them more than anyone else.  People who aren't healthy should as well.  But NO ONE should be denied access to anything if they choose not to get it.

That’s fine to have those opinions.  But they are completely different than some of the things you were posting earlier in this thread.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

Well im sick of the democrats too.  

pelosi came out at the start and said covid was no big deal and just trump being racist against asians, then turning on a dime to claim is the worst crisis ever, then spreading conspiracy theories that the republicans are all anti-vaxxers and want all blacks dead from covid. 

its been disgusting. 

I agree.

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

That’s fine to have those opinions.  But they are completely different than some of the things you were posting earlier in this thread.

Not really.  The results of the vaccinations shouldn't have any impact on people's rights.  Every Covid topic is just a continuation of another one.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I won't have to keep saying it if people don't keep claiming I'm a "lib" or some guy from a different website.   Sho Nuff?   The name sounds familiar from the FF board, but don't really remember much about him.

You are a lib.

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not really.  The results of the vaccinations shouldn't have any impact on people's rights.  Every Covid topic is just a continuation of another one.

Ok so don’t spread falsehoods about their effectiveness, thanks

No one knows the effectiveness of this  shlt nor the downstream possibilities of severe negative consequences of it either. BUT, the good news is you can get a free order of small fries and a burger if you let someone inject the unapproved drug into your body. Easy decision right there. Duh...

:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

No one knows the effectiveness of this  shlt nor the downstream possibilities of severe negative consequences of it either. BUT, the good news is you can get a free order of small fries and a burger if you let someone inject the unapproved drug into your body. Easy decision right there. Duh...

:thumbsup:

PHIL MURPHY IS GIVING ONE WHOLE FREE BEER!

14 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

PHIL MURPHY IS GIVING ONE WHOLE FREE BEER!

There we go. I'm in.

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

You think they didn’t test everyone in the trials?

Yes, I guess you are right, lol. True. I just think they didn't do the extensive years of studies that they normally would and have read (somewhere) that the only thing that can be guaranteed is no severe symptoms. 

How many dead?

Babe Ruth would've banged the nurse, shoved the vax up her hoo-ha, then go out and swat 3 HRs. 

buncha fockin' poosays these days :music_guitarred:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

The truth is that 1.5% has been predictable and by vaxxing only those, we would eliminate 95% of deaths. Vaxxing the other 98.5% is pretty much a waste.  

Not at all.  First off that's not plausible because there's no way to know which 98.5% would not need to be vaccinated.  Also, vaccinating the majority of people will eventually dwindle the numbers of people the virus can jump to and from.  Once it gets so one person can only spread it to less than one person then eventually the virus will be eradicated from the majority of the population or only in very small pockets of places.  

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

And 6 of them asymptomatic?  I would say that's a victory for vaccines? No?

No. Absolutely no proof that the 'vaccine' is the result of the asymptomatic results. It does say that the vaccine did nothing to stop them from getting it. Fauci & the media would like to say ''oh it's because they were vaccinated". That's the BS they are peddling now after the 'vaccines' were found to not stop people from getting it. They just make up as they go, knowing the masses will eat it up.

There are millions out there that are completely asymptomatic without the 'vaccine'. They never get tested because they have no symptoms. You wouldn't even know these 6 had it if not for being tested.

3 hours ago, lod001 said:

No. Absolutely no proof that the 'vaccine' is the result of the asymptomatic results. It does say that the vaccine did nothing to stop them from getting it. Fauci & the media would like to say ''oh it's because they were vaccinated". That's the BS they are peddling now after the 'vaccines' were found to not stop people from getting it. They just make up as they go, knowing the masses will eat it up.

I do actually agree with you here.  

I’d just change “vaccines” in the second to last sentence to “vaccine”.  Looking like the J&J is far inferior to Pfizer/Moderna.