Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Could PS5 go through it's whole lifecycle without being available to most people?

1 minute ago, DonS said:

Not in my case. I bought mine to help me unwind after pounding your mom in the ass.  Helps me to overcome the intense shame and personal loathing I feel, and to get me ready for her next visit. :thumbsup:

whatever you say gamer loser :lol:

9 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

you guys are buying for your kids or nieces/nephews correct? :unsure:

My 7 year old got one last xmas, I am tired of playing on a Ps4 with him. I wanted my own ps5.  I don't play much, rarely ever. 

We went to the beach last night after work

WINTER IS COMING!

Just now, porkbutt said:

whatever you say gamer loser :lol:

I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" , as I don't bother with getting my ass handed to me online by 12 year olds.  I do enjoy some good violent story driven games though. 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" , as I don't bother with getting my ass handed to me online by 12 year olds.  I do enjoy some good violent story driven games though. 

I never play any games online. I just play them offline, whatever it is I like.

15 minutes ago, DonS said:

Wait a sec.  I thought you got one for Xmas (via wife winning raffle - aka sucking off a geek squad member) and then you gave it to your son? 

So now you have 2 PS5s while many BIPOC children have none.  You white privileged bastard!!!! :nono:

Correct.  

I have:

ps5

Switch

Xbox series x

i7 with Nvidia RTX 2080

I am the king of the nerds.

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have:

ps5

Switch

Xbox series x

i7 with Nvidia RTX 2080

Which system do you find yourself using the most?  Are the various platforms just to cover the bases as far as "exclusive" titles are concerned? 

What is the supply like over there now? I have a friend that is moving to Dallas next week to start school at SMU. I told him he should buy one here and take it there to sell.

Price is around $850 here... still room for profit?

8 minutes ago, DonS said:

Which system do you find yourself using the most?  Are the various platforms just to cover the bases as far as "exclusive" titles are concerned? 

I have ps5, switch lite, and i7 myself.

Switch is just for travel, which of course can't happen now. I'll probably upgrade that to a steam deck next year. 

10 minutes ago, DonS said:

I have 2 young kids and we are currently playing Minecraft, thank God for cross play.

The computer, PS5, and switch get equal time. The Xbox is only for exclusives.

18 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have 2 young kids and we are currently playing Minecraft, thank God for cross play.

The computer, PS5, and switch get equal time. The Xbox is only for exclusives.

Have you seen the stuff about the steam deck yet? Launches in December. Basically a full fledged PC in a handheld form factor. Can run windows, dock to a TV, and everything. Supposedly can play every game currently on steam.

That's going to be a hard get. I read that pre-orders are already months deep into 2022, and people are selling their places in line on eBay.

The guy I get my stuff from here says he will have some. I'm tempted to buy him out and scalp them, but that's such dooshy behavior I just can't do it. 

19 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have:

ps5

Switch

Xbox series x

i7 with Nvidia RTX 2080

I have Ps5 (soon to be 2), ps4 pro, switch and ipad pro :d

The switch gets turned on like once a month. 

Me when this thread started - :lol:

Me now - :(

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Me when this thread started - :lol:

Me now - :(

:thumbsup:

20 hours ago, porkbutt said:

you guys are buying for your kids or nieces/nephews correct? :unsure:

😅. I like this guy. 

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

I have Ps5 (soon to be 2), ps4 pro, switch and ipad pro :d

The switch gets turned on like once a month. 

I regret the ps5 purchase. I mainly did it because I knew I was going to spend most of 2021 locked in my house.

What I didn't realize, not having owned a console in years, is how absolutely focked the gaming industry is on the software side. I pretty much loathe all those companies. Fock EA. Fock Bethesda. Fock ubisoft. And fock Activision.

I should have gotten a gaming pc instead. I have a laptop with an i7 and a half decent nvidia card, but it's not really a gaming rig, it's an ultrabook and the thermals really hold it back.

Meanwhile I have a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra and galaxy tab s7+ that are more than capable of playing lots of things, but mobile gaming is a focking sewer. 

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I regret the ps5 purchase. I mainly did it because I knew I was going to spend most of 2021 locked in my house.

What I didn't realize, not having owned a console in years, is how absolutely focked the gaming industry is on the software side. I pretty much loathe all those companies. Fock EA. Fock Bethesda. Fock ubisoft. And fock Activision.

I should have gotten a gaming pc instead. I have a laptop with an i7 and a half decent nvidia card, but it's not really a gaming rig, it's an ultrabook and the thermals really hold it back.

Meanwhile I have a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra and galaxy tab s7+ that are more than capable of playing lots of things, but mobile gaming is a focking sewer. 

I am looking forward to playing CoD Vanguard with my kid.

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

I am looking forward to playing CoD Vanguard with my kid.

Will never ever buy a cod game again. Cold War was damn near 500gb, was the biggest pain in the ass ever to install the campaign, and was over in like 3 hours. Fock them.

I don't do multi-player. Ever. Which means gaming is kind of leaving me behind. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Have you seen the stuff about the steam deck yet? Launches in December. Basically a full fledged PC in a handheld form factor. Can run windows, dock to a TV, and everything. Supposedly can play every game currently on steam.

That's going to be a hard get. I read that pre-orders are already months deep into 2022, and people are selling their places in line on eBay.

The guy I get my stuff from here says he will have some. I'm tempted to buy him out and scalp them, but that's such dooshy behavior I just can't do it. 

I have read a fair bit about the steam deck. Historically all of steam's hardware has been hyped and all previous hardware has failed spectacularly and I am not sure this will be any different.

My brother is a Linux nerd and has an awful time getting even popular games to work correctly when we play online, such as Civ or Dont Starve Together. The vast majority of games are optimized for Windows, where as Linux is an afterthought. I just googled the stats, there are about 1/4 of the games that have native Linux support, and another 1/4 of the games that work flawless using Proton emulation. That leaves about 50% of the games that are "playable" in the sense that if you put up with the bugs you can play the game, however the experience will not be good.

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have read a fair bit about the steam deck. Historically all of steam's hardware has been hyped and all previous hardware has failed spectacularly and I am not sure this will be any different.

Best way to clean your deck is to steam it

20 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

My brother is a Linux nerd and has an awful time getting even popular games to work correctly when we play online, such as Civ or Dont Starve Together. The vast majority of games are optimized for Windows, where as Linux is an afterthought. I just googled the stats, there are about 1/4 of the games that have native Linux support, and another 1/4 of the games that work flawless using Proton emulation. That leaves about 50% of the games that are "playable" in the sense that if you put up with the bugs you can play the game, however the experience will not be good.

A couple of tech reviewers I trust got their hands on a demo unit and were impressed. I know Linustechtips was one.

From what I understand, you will be able to install windows on it and it will function as any other pc would.

The lowest level one is absolute garbage though. Too little storage, and the storage is too slow to boot. 

I can also see it having issues where even if it can play all games CURRENTLY on steam, that won't be the case for long.

But it does look like an awesome travel rig. Play it handheld on a plane, and carry an hdmi cable, a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, or controller, and you can plug it into a hotel TV and good to go. 

Finally got one. I caved in and did exactly what I said I would never do and that is to pay extra to get one. My PS4 was laboring so I cleaned the thing inside/out. Still sounded like jumbo jet getting ready to take off when I played any games. Would overheat from time to time. So I bought one that was listed as about a hundred bucks over retail. Got it last week and it's awesome. :thumbsup:

Now to explore some new games as I have played Witcher 3 like 10 times through, same with Uncharted and Last of Us 1 and 2 and Call of Duty (the WW2 one where you storm the beaches of Normandy).  

5 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Finally got one. I caved in and did exactly what I said I would never do and that is to pay extra to get one. My PS4 was laboring so I cleaned the thing inside/out. Still sounded like jumbo jet getting ready to take off when I played any games. Would overheat from time to time. So I bought one that was listed as about a hundred bucks over retail. Got it last week and it's awesome. :thumbsup:

Now to explore some new games as I have played Witcher 3 like 10 times through, same with Uncharted and Last of Us 1 and 2 and Call of Duty (the WW2 one where you storm the beaches of Normandy).  

:pointstosky:

48 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

I haven't played video games in 9 years.  I hope that helps.

I'll never stop.

Welp.... After about a year I was finally able to pick up a PS5 Console today directly from Sony...

I had signed up on their website to be included in the "invite only" selling events.  This was the third such event I participated in.  The first two the event sold out before my que came up.

Guess we'll see how she goes...

27 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Welp.... After about a year I was finally able to pick up a PS5 Console today directly from Sony...

I had signed up on their website to be included in the "invite only" selling events.  This was the third such event I participated in.  The first two the event sold out before my que came up.

Guess we'll see how she goes...

My PS4 sounded like a typhoon. PS5, whisper quiet. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm currently enjoying Deathloop.  Great game from the same studio that made Dishonored 1 and 2. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So there’s not a new version coming out this Christmas?

Even if they had a PS6 they wouldn't dare release it now.