Djgb13

Dunkin Donuts employee fatally assaults old man who used racial slur

During a heated argument, the 77 year old said a racial slur and the dunkin employee (27 years old) punched the elderly man in the jaw where he fell backwards and hit his skull. He died 3 days later. Apparently, the guy was in line at the drive thru and was upset over the lack of service he was getting. The guy was a regular but according to the dunkin employee “he was extremely rude that day”. 

Sounds to me like the black guy wasn’t doing his job like he should so the old guy, who is a regular,  complained and the black guy just wasn’t having it. I feel sure black guy said some focked up stuff to the old guy cause if he’s a regular then he’s acted normal every other day. No excuse the guy should have to die 

https://www.today.com/food/dunkin-employee-accused-fatally-punching-customer-who-used-racial-slur-t218359?cid=sm_npd_td_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2jWKVcT97vhrXKceb42dAai4ThqqOQhOOqB-vzX2DFrMlrio_H5eZI5SM

I guess you didn’t read the article. Perhaps read it and then give an opinion. The old man was told to leave and doubled down on calling the worker the n-word. Unfortunately, like another high profile case, just because you didn’t intend to kill someone doesn’t mean you won’t suffer the consequences when your actions lead you to kill someone.

Is it still kosher to ask for a black coffee?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, peenie said:

just because you didn’t intend to kill someone doesn’t mean you won’t suffer the consequences when your actions lead you to kill someone.

So you think this guy should be charged with second degree murder too?

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So you think this guy should be charged with second degree murder too?

I think he should be charged for his actions, whatever the court decides is appropriate. The old man didn’t hit the worker so in my opinion the punch was excessive force.

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

I think he should be charged for his actions, whatever the court decides is appropriate. The old man didn’t hit the worker so I’m my opinion the punch was excessive force. 

Murder.

If it were me, I would’ve told that old man that he can call me the n-word all he wanted but he still can’t get any donuts or coffee and if he didn’t get out of the store this n-word is calling the police to have him removed.

• Like 3

I always thought Drunkin Donuts was a better name

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, peenie said:

If it were me, I would’ve told that old man that he can call me the n-word all he wanted but he still can’t get any donuts or coffee and if he didn’t get out of the store this n-word is calling the police to have him removed.

So you thought it out before reacting. This loser didn't.

The problem with society. They react instead of thinking. It's because the average humanoid in the country is dumb as fock.

No justice, no peace

• Haha 5

59 minutes ago, peenie said:

I think he should be charged for his actions, whatever the court decides is appropriate. The old man didn’t hit the worker so in my opinion the punch was excessive force.

I agree, but "intent" is the driving force of the charge.  Now, I don't know anything that's not in this article, but from what I've read... involuntary manslaughter is the right charge.  NOT second degree murder.

54 minutes ago, peenie said:

If only people dealt with people like this on an everyday basis, things would be a lot better.

20 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I agree, but "intent" is the driving force of the charge.  Now, I don't know anything that's not in this article, but from what I've read... involuntary manslaughter is the right charge.  NOT second degree murder.

If only people dealt with people like this on an everyday basis, things would be a lot better.

Involuntary manslaughter? What does a person think could happen to a 77 year old guy if a 27 year old dude smashes him in the face with his fist?

99 times out of 100 the old guy is going down and then it's a crapshoot if he lives or not. 

It's murder. Just because the 27 year year old is stupid and didn't think about that doesn't make it involuntary.

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

When did Dunkin Donuts start hiring black people?

I was thinking the same thing. They open up pretty early in the morning. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Involuntary manslaughter? What does a person think could happen to a 77 year old guy if a 27 year old dude smashes him in the face with his fist?

No difference between this and Chauvin.  He didn't mean to kill the guy, but he should have expected it might happen.  Right?  The bogus Chauvin decision is going to change murder charges.  

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

I was thinking the same thing. They open up pretty early in the morning. 

And they work hard and as a team.

are we sure the old man didn't think he was at Church's? 

I don’t see where it says he used the N word. 

it's a cruller🍩 World than it used to be

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

No difference between this and Chauvin.  He didn't mean to kill the guy, but he should have expected it might happen.  Right?  The bogus Chauvin decision is going to change murder charges.  

I don’t know if it’s true but my mom told me that Derek Chauvin had done the knee on the neck thing before. She says he held a teenager like that for 14 minutes and the teen survived. I’m thinking he had no idea George Floyd was gonna die and probably didn’t get up off of him due to his experience of it not killing anyone. However, they couldn’t bring that info up in the trial because it was a case where he was charged for misbehavior. So...karma. He didn’t learn his lesson.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t see where it says he used the N word. 

Try reading the article.

Just now, peenie said:

Try reading the article.

You’re right, I Missed it. I’m the doofus. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re right, I Missed it. I’m the doofus. 

It’s okay, I forgive you. 

• Thanks 1

I give it a 5% chance the dude actually called him a nagger. Black people use it as an excuse for their violent behavior way too often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I give it a 5% chance the dude actually called him a nagger. Black people use it as an excuse for their violent behavior way too often.

If the old man was in the drive thru and was asked to leave but then decided to enter the store, he was trespassing. 
I believe you supported the death of Ahmaud Arbery for trespassing...

There are no winners in this scenario, a simple misunderstanding taken way too far.  I get the frustration of the old guy, but people working at fast food are not the elite among us, if you expect them to be then you will always be disappointed, unless its Chik Fil a.....for some reason.

Young guy got pissed, let his emotions govern his actions, likely did not want to kill the guy, but that is certainly a high probability if you punch an old person.

The notion that usage of a specific word creates an allowance for violence is also a big problem.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

If the old man was in the drive thru and was asked to leave but then decided to enter the store, he was trespassing. 

Yeah. The old guy deserved being murdered.

:rolleyes:

Arbery on the otherhand tried wrestling a gun away from someone protecting his neighborhood.

One guy wanted a donut and was going to pay for it, the other was breaking into garages.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, peenie said:

There is quite a difference between the cases don't you think? What was the employee defending? Did he consider his life in danger?  This was straight up anger. 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

if he didn’t get out of the store this n-word is calling the police to have him removed.

Wait. Police.

Uh.

You want them around or not?   Make up your focking mind.

So if you had your way and have police abolished (that's what BLM wants), then what?  

(and even if you don't believe in BLM, and you personally want police around, what if BLM got their way and there were no police)

Honestly then what? IF there were no police, who would you call?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Wait. Police.

Uh.

You want them around or not.  Make up your focking mind.

So if you had your way and have police abolished (that's what BLM wants), then what?  

Honestly then what? IF there were no police, who would you call?

I’m not a BLM member nor do I support not having police. You are making a false statement about my beliefs. Actually, you are making a false statement about most people’s beliefs. I don’t know not 1 single person, black or white, that wants to abolish the police.

29 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Exactly.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

I guess you didn’t read the article. Perhaps read it and then give an opinion. The old man was told to leave and doubled down on calling the worker the n-word. Unfortunately, like another high profile case, just because you didn’t intend to kill someone doesn’t mean you won’t suffer the consequences when your actions lead you to kill someone.

This is why you get laughed it. Sure he shouldn’t have said what he said. But of course you are QUICK to defend the dunkin employee even though he killed someone. In your eyes, it’s ok for me to kill a black guy if he calls me a cracker. See how retarded that sounds? 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

There is quite a difference between the cases don't you think? What was the employee defending? Did he consider his life in danger?  This was straight up anger. 

Why are you asking this question of me? Didn’t you read where I stated this man should be charged for the old man’s demise? 

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

I’m not a BLM member nor do I support not having police. You are making a false statement about my beliefs. Actually, you are making a false statement about most people’s beliefs. I don’t know not 1 single person, black or white, that wants to abolish the police.

I don't care if you you know anyone. 
I edited it (while you were typing your response) also, to clarify. I said even if you disagree, what if BLM gets their way.

Yes, there are folks that do. Much of BLM.  

So who do you call if police are abolished?

I'll answer for you.  People begin "taking matters into their own hands" (its the only option).  At that point, it will come down to sides. 

One one side, you'll have conservatives, former police etc vs liberals.    One side has 90% of the firepower and knows how to use them.

Abolishing the police, would mean basically abolishing the left.  Just an fyi.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

This is why you get laughed it. Sure he shouldn’t have said what he said. But of course you are QUICK to defend the dunkin employee even though he killed someone. In your eyes, it’s ok for me to kill a black guy if he calls me a cracker. See how retarded that sounds? 

I never defended the man. This is why I call all of you racist because despite what I say or do you put your racist thoughts on to me. Please quote where I supported this workers actions. Find it, I’ll be waiting.