RLLD

NBA ratings plummet

20 minutes ago, Reality said:

So, the ratings are an absolute disaster for the NBA. They will try to sugar coat it by saying it's up over last year but, it's bad. 8 million people watched game 1 compared to 18 million just 4 years ago. 

The NBA has a massive viewership problem.

Players talk too much. Plus the game is boring as Fock for the first three quarters plus. Tune in with 5 minutes left and you’ll see what you need to see. 

If ratings dont matter, I have a solution.  Just stop televising the games.  I mean, they should put their money where their mouth is.  If it doesn't matter how many watch on TV because of youtube clips and whatnot, just shut down the televised broadcasts.  Its a waste of time, right?

Actually, if this keeps up, the networks and cable stations will do it for them.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Players talk too much. Plus the game is boring as Fock for the first three quarters plus. Tune in with 5 minutes left and you’ll see what you need to see. 

Plus they take games off in the regular season and everyone gets hurt in the playoffs now.

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And the last 5 minutes takes 35 minutes to get through.

16 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

If ratings dont matter, I have a solution.  Just stop televising the games.  I mean, they should put their money where their mouth is.  If it doesn't matter how many watch on TV because of youtube clips and whatnot, just shut down the televised broadcasts.  Its a waste of time, right?

Actually, if this keeps up, the networks and cable stations will do it for them.

They’ve been doing a bunch of advertising for YouTube TV during the games.  I don’t know if it is part of some longer term takeover play (i.e., future contract for games on the service) or just that ABC took the money like YouTube is any customer.  :dunno: 

The sports biggest star is also an unlikeable, illiterate moron. I don’t think that’s ever happened before. 

I watched the 1st 3 minutes of game 1 of the finals. That was it. Done.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

I have a better solution, stop talking, posting, or commenting about the NBA.  You don't like it, thats fine.  Everything you say about it is dumb.  The NBA is huge, and not going anywhere but up.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The sports biggest star is also an unlikeable, illiterate moron. I don’t think that’s ever happened before. 

I am not a Lebron fan, but your opinion here is just that, your opinion.  He is generally thought of pretty well.  Your second comment is beyond stupid.  

8 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I have a better solution, stop talking, posting, or commenting about the NBA.  You don't like it, thats fine.  Everything you say about it is dumb.  The NBA is huge, and not going anywhere but up.  

Not going anywhere but up. :lol:

The NBA likes to tout its television ratings to the mainstream media, seemingly to push the narrative that people are watching in droves. The mainstream media all too often gladly accepts it as gospel, then pushes the same narrative to the 

But things aren’t always what they seem, OutKick founder Clay Travis says.

"They narrowly managed to avoid an all-time low Game 1 NBA Finals rating," Clay says, referring to the Suns-Bucks series. "In the bubble last year, they posted a tiny number. They managed to just get over the hurdle of that number in Game 1 on Tuesday.

"Now, why is this happening? Why are NBA ratings down so massively at a time when most other sports leagues have recovered in a pretty substantial way? The league went broke because they went woke. This is not difficult to understand."

Suns v. Bucks..... the ratings were destined to be shiit no matter what. 

Would have gotten a better gage if had been something like Golden State/Brooklyn. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I am not a Lebron fan, but your opinion here is just that, your opinion.  He is generally thought of pretty well.  Your second comment is beyond stupid.  

Dr. J,Magic, Bird, Shaq and Kobe were all well liked. “Generally thought of”. So a slight majority? Yeah, that doesn’t get it done. Calm down.  Being triggered makes you stupid. More than usual.  

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Suns v. Bucks..... the ratings were destined to be shiit no matter what. 

Would have gotten a better gage if had been something like Golden State/Brooklyn. 

Not this bad.  It’s a bloodbath. 

In the last week or so I've watched highlights of the finals, but things look a little odd to me since the last time I've watched basketball.

No not that! 🤣

At what point did they make traveling legal?

I mean really, I swear I've seen these guys tuck the ball under their arms and run about 5-8 steps carrying it to the basket 😮

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not this bad.  It’s a bloodbath. 

I've not watched a second of the Finals - no plans to. 

It would take my Mavs making it back before I prolly ever do again. 

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

They can’t. The networks have 17 opinion shows a day talking about the games that nobody is watching. So for the ratings, you have to add up the game viewers as well as all their gossip shows. 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Dr. J,Magic, Bird, Shaq and Kobe were all well liked. “Generally thought of”. So a slight majority? Yeah, that doesn’t get it done. Calm down.  Being triggered makes you stupid. More than usual.  

there have been endless complaints over the years that the league was all thugs.  Kobe was not well liked..at all.  Deservedly so for him.  He only reshaped his image after bball.  The NBA is too woke for you, and every righty in this and other threads are throwing fits trying to knock it down.  Its not going anywhere, and going up.  Deal with it.

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

there have been endless complaints over the years that the league was all thugs.  Kobe was not well liked..at all.  Deservedly so for him.  He only reshaped his image after bball.  The NBA is too woke for you, and every righty in this and other threads are throwing fits trying to knock it down.  Its not going anywhere, and going up.  Deal with it.

It may go up, but it definitely plummeted. That’s not a good thing. It’s gonna be an uphill climb. What happened? 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What's worse is the last 5 minutes of NBA basketball are absolutely broken. 

Team A up by a few points. Stall stall stall...

Team B - Once they know they are running out of time they intentionally foul over and over again. It's worse if the other team isn't in the bonus yet.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

What's worse is the last 5 minutes of NBA basketball are absolutely broken. 

Team A up by a few points. Stall stall stall...

Team B - Once they know they are running out of time they intentionally foul over and over again. It's worse if the other team isn't in the bonus yet.

Intentional fouls at the end of the game should 10 freethrows against the fouling team.

8 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I was a huge NBA fan. It was my favorite sport to watch. More so than NFL, MLB etc... I had season tickets to the Pistons for years. I didn't care about the thugs I come to expect that behavior from black people. What turns me off is the political crap. Leftys like you laughed and said nobody cares about that stuff and that I was stupid for turning it off. Well as the years have gone by more and more people are turning it off. 

I get that people consume media differently now, but you don't drop this far and this fast unless the league is doing something to push customers away. And that's exactly what they did. Leftys like you will never admit it and that's fine. The NBA doesn't care because it's not hurting too much yet. But unless they turn these numbers around they can say goodbye to those fat TV deals. And when the TV deals go so will all the help they send to WNBA. 

I for one am looking forward to it.

#BLM

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lol at herbie.  

LOL at you and that dumb poll.  Negative Twitter comments...pah-lease.  How many huge endorsements does the most hated player in the league have?  

Just now, Herbivore said:

LOL at you and that dumb poll.  Negative Twitter comments...pah-lease.  How many huge endorsements does the most hated player in the league have?  

He's not liked.  He may be liked by the right people but in general he is disliked.  You, who appear to be a raging NBA fan, do not care for him.  KSB who was a raging Lebron fan has said he has cooled on him over the last few years.  

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I was a huge NBA fan. It was my favorite sport to watch. More so than NFL, MLB etc... I had season tickets to the Pistons for years. I didn't care about the thugs I come to expect that behavior from black people. What turns me off is the political crap. Leftys like you laughed and said nobody cares about that stuff and that I was stupid for turning it off. Well as the years have gone by more and more people are turning it off. 

I get that people consume media differently now, but you don't drop this far and this fast unless the league is doing something to push customers away. And that's exactly what they did. Leftys like you will never admit it and that's fine. The NBA doesn't care because it's not hurting too much yet. But unless they turn these numbers around they can say goodbye to those fat TV deals. And when the TV deals go so will all the help they send to WNBA. 

I for one am looking forward to it.

#BLM

I did think it was stupid for people to turn away from the NFL for the kneeling, maybe I said similar things about woke NBA stuff, but its mainly cause I love the games and couldnt care less about the other stuff, political or human interest, etc.  Time will tell, but I predict the NBA revenue continues to go up, substantially, with blips here and there.  like Mil vs Pho.  

On 5/15/2021 at 7:13 PM, RLLD said:

https://sportsnaut.com/nba-tv-ratings/

Have to say there is some recent little pieces in the news that give us some hope that all of this trite social complaining bullsh!t might be challenged finally.

I wonder how long and intensely the overpaid crybaby poosays in the NBA will have to face up to this before they stop perpetuating the lies

NBA doesn't have anything to with basketball anymore. 

All pro sports are beginning to see that they must try to pull in non-sports people for their revenue, as the sporting minds have left. 

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

He's not liked.  He may be liked by the right people but in general he is disliked.  You, who appear to be a raging NBA fan, do not care for him.  KSB who was a raging Lebron fan has said he has cooled on him over the last few years.  

I am a big NBA fan.  Haven't liked many players in general, in any sport really.  There are 2 reasons people don't like him.  Woke stuff, and a weird kind of conceit or narcissism.  ie when he won with Cavs, all the I did it! stuff, when it was Kyrie hitting the big shots.  He is a family man, no clubbing, or thug type stuff, he helps the community in a number of ways, plays with class.  

Man created the NBA to give dumb people something to aspire to do with their lives. Number 2 on the list is gangs. 

Looking forward to rooting against the USA Olympic basketball team. Both of them.  Soccer too. 

LeBron for president.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Looking forward to rooting against the USA Olympic basketball team. Both of them.  Soccer too. 

I like how they keep because the NBA offense is all about drawing could now and the international refs just aren't giving them to the players that overtly lurch into defenders.

I don't like Lebron either.  I root against him whenever I can.   But his popularity among certain groups is undeniable.  

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I don't like Lebron either.  I root against him whenever I can.   But his popularity among certain groups is undeniable.  

See my above comment

So much ignorance in this thread.  I don't care for watching the NBA but they are doing just fine.  They are not going anywhere.  No different than the NFL and MLB doing just fine.

10 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Sure. Unlike MJ, who was popular amongst all groups. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So much ignorance in this thread.  I don't care for watching the NBA but they are doing just fine.  They are not going anywhere.  No different than the NFL and MLB doing just fine.

They are not doing just fine. Their ratings are in a free fall. Doesn’t mean they are going out of business. Pretty sure no one said that, so I don’t know why you bring it up.  Oh yeah, because your point is awful so you had to embellish.  Typical. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sure. Unlike MJ, who was popular amongst all groups. 

As a Celtics fan I can tell you, he was not popular among all groups.