RLLD

NBA ratings plummet

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Seedings don't mean shiit compared to the eye test. 

Arguably the weakest NBA Finals teams ever. 

These 2 teams have been pretty good for the past couple of years.  Many thought the Bucks would win it all last year.  

Neither are super teams that were put together by all stars joining their ranks.  

Maybe that’s why they look weak to you?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I don’t get some of these takes at all.  

We complain about too many fouls and flops, thus too many free throws.  

We complain that it’s all 3 pointers now, no inside game. 

Now we’re complaining that Giannis is a superior athlete with a great inside game but can’t shoot.  And the Suns are playing a pick and roll and there weren’t enough free throws.  

Bird and McHale played a lot of pick and roll

Wilt, Kareem and Shaq were only great in the paint   

They’re all just playing basketball, taking what the D gives them and playing to their strengths.  

What else are they supposed to do?  

My point is, simply, that to me the NBA nowadays is all about chucking up 3 pointers.   And that's not entertaining basketball to me.

You guys may like it and more power to ya, I can't stand it.

• Sad 1

Just now, vuduchile said:

These 2 teams have been pretty good for the past couple of years.

You're exactly right, these 2 are pretty good teams.

Teams that if an all time NBA Finals Teams draft were held, these two would be 2 of the last ever taken. 

But this has been a crazy season - due to injurie and sickness, these are the 2 that emerged. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Herbivore said:

you should stop talking about basketball

I dont watch the NBA. Im telling you what i hear on the radio.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

You're exactly right, these 2 are pretty good teams.

Teams that if an all time NBA Finals Teams draft were held, these two would be 2 of the last ever taken. 

But this has been a crazy season - due to injurie and sickness, these are the 2 that emerged. 

Again,

The Bucks have been a top tier team for the last couple of years.  They lost to the Heat in the semi finals last year. 

And the Suns beat the Lakers and the Nuggets to get to the finals this year. 

You obviously weren’t aware of all that, and you may not like it, but that doesn’t make it any less true.  

These are 2 of the best teams in the NBA regardless of injuries.   Period. 

Those are just the facts.  

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

My point is, simply, that to me the NBA nowadays is all about chucking up 3 pointers.   And that's not entertaining basketball to me.

You guys may like it and more power to ya, I can't stand it.

Giannis is the best player in the finals, and the 3 pointer is absolutely not a big part of his game.  

He’s also an amazing defender, and his defensive play is a big reason they’re up 3-2  now.  

On the other side, Ayton also has an inside game and plays excellent D   

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Seedings don't mean shiit compared to the eye test. 

Arguably the weakest NBA Finals teams ever. 

Ahhhh the immeasurable “eye test”. 

because it wasnt Utah vs the 76ers..the 1 seeds? Give me a break

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

I dont watch the NBA. Im telling you what i hear on the radio.  

oh ok, with that in mind, you should probably stop talking about the NBA

17 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Again,

The Bucks have been a top tier team for the last couple of years.  They lost to the Heat in the semi finals last year. 

And the Suns beat the Clippers and the Jazz last year to make it to the Western Conference Finals where they lost to The Lakers.  

You obviously weren’t aware of all that, and you may not like it, but that doesn’t make it any less true.  

These are 2 of the best teams in the NBA regardless of injuries.   Period. 

Those are just the facts.  

Suns had a 700 winning %.  The Bucks and Suns might not be all timer teams, with all timer players, but they both earned it and the series has been tight.1

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Good grief, undo your panties. 

These are 2 of the weaker teams we've seen in the Finals in a long time - both of which aren't there if countless players don't go down with injury/Covid. 

But they're still there, good for them. 

16 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Good grief, undo your panties. 

These are 2 of the weaker teams we've seen in the Finals in a long time - both of which aren't there if countless players don't go down with injury/Covid. 

But they're still there, good for them. 

You could literally say that about the last five or six champions that they benefited from injuries. 

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

These 2 teams have been pretty good for the past couple of years.  

:blink:

Phoenix hasn't had a winning record since the 2013-2014 season... and haven't made the playoffs since 2009-10 season.

8 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

You could literally say that about the last five or six champions that they benefited from injuries. 

Toronto in 2019......... given. 

Other than that, going back the last 9 you had: (LaBron) Lakers last year, Golden State 3x, (LaBron) Heat 2x, (LaBron) Cavs and (Duncan) Spurs - not really sure which of those teams won bcoz they lucked out on injuries. 

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Lol.  There’s certainly no shortage of unqualified opinions in this thread.  

2 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

If Len Bias doesn't die, the Celtics win 5 or 6 more titles in the 1980s / 1990s!!!!!  We need to strip Jordan of half his rings!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

If Len Bias doesn't die, the Celtics win 5 or 6 more titles in the 1980s / 1990s!!!!!  We need to strip Jordan of half his rings!!!!!!!!!

Isn't staying alive part of being a great basketball player.  Bias o/ded on cocaine.  Jordan didn't.

5 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Lol.  There’s certainly no shortage of unqualified opinions in this thread.  

So you have a certification badge, you're qualified? :lol:

5 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Toronto in 2019......... given. 

Other than that, going back the last 9 you had: (LaBron) Lakers last year, Golden State 3x, (LaBron) Heat 2x, (LaBron) Cavs and (Duncan) Spurs - not really sure which of those teams won bcoz they lucked out on injuries. 

2021 Kawhi

2020 Bam and Goran both out

2019 Klay and KD both injured

2018 CP3 in western conf finals

2017 Kawhi…again

2015 Love and Kyrie injured

happens….alot. 

24 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

2021 Kawhi

2020 Bam and Goran both out

2019 Klay and KD both injured

2018 CP3 in western conf finals

2017 Kawhi…again

2015 Love and Kyrie injured

happens….alot. 

Kawhi in 2021 and Klay/KD out in 2019  makes my point. Teams in the Finals who otherwise would never be there. 

As stated Toronto 2019 as the outlier - an examples of injury benefactors. 

Kawhi in 2017, seriously - that team was knocking out GS before Kawahi went down? 

2015 - Kevin Love shifted the balance of power? He and Kyrie were gonna stop GS and that dynasty? 

21 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Crackhead Len is easily my favorate Celtic of all time, I would have rather offed myself than play for the 80s Celtics too, so props. Meanwhile, Jordan or no, the 80s Bulls were one-dimensional, little more than roadkill regardless, and were easily dismissed first or second round outs who weren't relevant and weren't winning jack squat until the 90s anyway.

Milwaukee Bucks Valuation

2013: $312 Million
2021: $1.86 Billion

Why 2013?

That's when they drafted Giannis Antetokounmpo.   You know.  The super athletic bully who doesn’t shoot threes   That guy.  

All NBA teams have increased in value during that time period, but the Bucks have clearly outperformed others.

2013-2021 Valuation
Avg. NBA team: +330%
Milwaukee Bucks: +500%

They’re doomed.  The whole league is dead.  

The Bucks are weak.  They’re a part of this “Sh!t show” finals matchup.  

Revenues and valuation mean nothing.

Dumbasses.     

I just flipped the game on.  

End of the 3rd time winding down.  Bobby Portis defending Booker.  Booker drives to his left and hooks Portis' arm trying to get a call.  Portis plays excellent defense, so Booker sticks his elbow in Portis' chest.  and throws up a flailing shot.  Refs give him the call.  Announcers watch the replay and say "look a tall that contact they need to play through!"

So great.

5 seconds left after that fantastic play.  Jru Holiday dribbles down the court looking at the ground the whole time and shoots a step back three that almost misses the rim.  Amazing basketball.

Middleton throws a pass to Jru Holiday only Jru is staring off into space and the ball flies past him out of bounds.  Amazing basketball.

Chris paul blows by Tucker off a screen Tucker chases and Paul throws up a floater but then leans into a trailing tucker.  Of course, he gets the gift call.  And one!

So amazing.

Then Jru throws up an air ball.  Portis ends up with the ball and drives to the hoop.  Cam Johnson fresh off of a bricked three on the other end rakes across his wrist, and the ball goes out of bounds, but since he didn't flail wildly, he doesn't get the call.

NBA is FANtastic

I have watched 75% less NBA this year then normally.

With that said this NBA Finals is good television. Great matchup. 

Turns out Cam's strip was good, but during the inbound the ref decides to hangout with the ball while the bucks try to play full court pressure.

Jae Crowder bricks a wide open 3 and then Jru Holiday mishandles the pass.

Booker burns Tucker off the same exact pick action only Giannis is standing right under the rim and blocks it.  Jae Crowder gathers the blocked shot and throws up a 30 foot brick that misses the rim.  

Ensuing possession Giannis gets the ball directly under the rim in the paint double comes and Giannis tries to do something that is probably supposed ot be a post move and gets bailed out with a call.  

Jae Crowder tries to drive on Portis but slips down.  Portis called for a foul.  Portis runs down the court in disbelief and gets a tech.  Even the announcers say it wasn't a foul.

Awesome basketball here

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

Chris paul blows by Tucker off a screen Tucker chases and Paul throws up a floater but then leans into a trailing tucker.  Of course, he gets the gift call.  And one!

So amazing.

Then Jru throws up an air ball.  Portis ends up with the ball and drives to the hoop.  Cam Johnson fresh off of a bricked three on the other end rakes across his wrist, and the ball goes out of bounds, but since he didn't flail wildly, he doesn't get the call.

NBA is FANtastic

Way to ignore Giannis 40 pts, 5 blocks and 16-17 from the line.  

You’re an idiot.  

Giannis with another block on Booker when he didn't get the call on the obvious flail.  His favorite move.  It's Booker, so everyone agrees... Definite foul.

Giannis tries to bully to the line and gets fouled. Yay!

Paul steps back on Giannis.  He made sure to fall down when Paul hits his wrist after the shot.  Foul of course.

What a great game!

Giannis does a pick and slip.  Chris paul comes over and almost touches him for a non-shooting foul.  Portis gets a wide open layup.

Giannis dunks on three suns since they can't keep him out of the lane.

Paul loses his dribble for no reason.  Middleton bricks an opposite foot fade away

Conaghton flops to draw a charge on Booker.  Two can play that game.

Giannis takes a fadeawy.  It's more then three feet from the basket so it's a brick, but Conaghton gets the rebound and throws up a brick.

Crowder closes us out with a little floater where he purposely sticks his leg out trying to draw contact.  No one touches him.  He falls down anyway.

What a game.

These finals have been really good. I want a Game 7 so go Suns.

• Like 1

We're back.

Giannis and Middleton pass back and forth until Middleton hits a little floater.

Tucker actually did something!  Gets a steal on Booker.  Tucker got a lot of hand.  Booker is hopping mad.  How dare they not call a foul! 

Giannis with another layup.  Ayton hasn't figured out that Giannis is probably going to cut to the basket