Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Illegal Immigration In America Has Continued To Decline

This article is pretty recent, and the facts are counter to what most people believe.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2021/03/10/illegal-immigration-in-america-has-continued-to-decline/?sh=1c7666a14e14

In a report that could provide context to most immigration news stories, new research reveals that the number of unauthorized immigrants has continued to decline in the United States. The unauthorized immigrant population fell to 10,350,000 in 2019, a decline of 12% since 2010.

Table 1: Undocumented Immigrant Population in the United States

Year Undocumented Population
2010  11,725,000
2011 11,315,000
2012 11,110,000
2013       11,010,000
2014 11,045,000
2015 11,045,000
2016 10,790,000
2017 10,640,000
2018 10,565,000
2019 10,350,000
  • Haha 1

But it’s a horrible CRISIS that Biden can’t manage. Fox News is trying to tell me so 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dear God. There is no hope for liberals to see what is right in their faces at the border. maddow cried about kids in cages and Trump right on tv.  Yet creepy joey is filling up those cages and distributing those people around the country at a rate higher than any time in the past 20+ years.

Tell cnn and msn to fock aff and go get some help.

WASHINGTON — Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said Tuesday the U.S. is expected to reach the highest number of people apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border in two decades.

“We are on pace to encounter more individuals on the southwest border than we have in the last 20 years. We are expelling most single adults and families. We are not expelling unaccompanied children," Mayorkas said in a statement addressing what he described as a “difficult” situation at the border

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Dear God. There is no hope for liberals to see what is right in their faces at the border. maddow cried about kids in cages and Trump right on tv.  Yet creepy joey is filling up those cages and distributing those people around the country at a rate higher than any time in the past 20+ years.

Tell cnn and msn to fock aff and go get some help.

WASHINGTON — Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said Tuesday the U.S. is expected to reach the highest number of people apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border in two decades.

“We are on pace to encounter more individuals on the southwest border than we have in the last 20 years. We are expelling most single adults and families. We are not expelling unaccompanied children," Mayorkas said in a statement addressing what he described as a “difficult” situation at the border

If they are being apprehended then that means the system is working?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

This article is pretty recent, and the facts are counter to what most people believe.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2021/03/10/illegal-immigration-in-america-has-continued-to-decline/?sh=1c7666a14e14

In a report that could provide context to most immigration news stories, new research reveals that the number of unauthorized immigrants has continued to decline in the United States. The unauthorized immigrant population fell to 10,350,000 in 2019, a decline of 12% since 2010.

2010  11,725,000
2011 11,315,000
2012 11,110,000
2013       11,010,000
2014 11,045,000
2015 11,045,000
2016 10,790,000
2017 10,640,000
2018 10,565,000
2019 10,350,000

Did you even read the methodology of the study this article is based on??  It's laughable.   Beyond that, I've never heard of the "Center for Migration Studies."  Have you?  I can't find too much about it but I'd be shocked if we didn't find them to be a biased organization putting out propaganda to support a predefined conclusion.  Then, of course, we have the fact that the data this study is based on is 2 years out of date, and we know a lot has changed in the last two years re: illegal immigration.

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Catch and release. Ever hear of it? Why do liberals talk so much about things they don’t know about? 

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

No. That is not the way the system should be working. There are caravans of people coming to this country and putting themselves in danger when the message should be out to fock off and to go through legal means to get in. 

Even the Mexican president called creepy joe an idiot. Cartels are getting rich over it all and our border is struggling. 

Listen to the leaders in the bordering towns for what they are saying.. Listen to the people who are finding kids in their fields. Listen to people who are finding dead people on their property.

This is a major crisis right now.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Did you even read the methodology of the study this article is based on??  It's laughable.   Beyond that, I've never heard of the "Center for Migration Studies."  Have you?  I can't find too much about it but I'd be shocked if we didn't find them to be a biased organization putting out propaganda to support a predefined conclusion.

All of the data sources are in line with the one I linked, for example below is a fox news article, and the 2017 numbers closely match the numbers I linked.

An analysis by the Pew Research Center estimates that roughly 10.5 million immigrants in the United States were here illegally in 2017.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/estimate-illegal-immigrants-make-up-23-percent-of-u-s-foreign-born-population

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

All of the data sources are in line with the one I linked, for example below is a fox news article, and the 2017 numbers closely match the numbers I linked.

An analysis by the Pew Research Center estimates that roughly 10.5 million immigrants in the United States were here illegally in 2017.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/estimate-illegal-immigrants-make-up-23-percent-of-u-s-foreign-born-population

Pew Research Center.  You want me to go pull some stats from CIS?   🤣

That chart shows me that it slowly declined under Trump.  Let's wait to see what it does under Biden and the cackler.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Pew Research Center.  You want me to go pull some stats from CIS?   🤣

Show me studies where the number of illegal immigrants has increased over the last ~15 years. I am aware of the yale study that shows that the number of illegal immigrants is probably higher than the official numbers, however that only details a single year and does not show a trend.

Show me a trend of data.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Show me studies where the number of illegal immigrants has increased over the last ~15 years. I am aware of the yale study that shows that the number of illegal immigrants is probably higher than the official numbers, however that only details a single year and does not show a trend.

Show me a trend of data.

I'm not gonna waste my time.  You believe what you want to believe.  Here's the thing about research regarding illegal aliens.  How do you think they can get accurate data?   If you're an illegal are you going around telling anonymous people?  Your first article is based upon an annual survey conducted by the U.S. government.  If the U.S. government calls you and asks if you're illegal, what do you think illegals are telling them?  But you believe what you want to believe. 

Just now, Strike said:

I'm not gonna waste my time.  You believe what you want to believe.  Here's the thing about research regarding illegal aliens.  How do you think they can get accurate data?   If you're an illegal are you going around telling anonymous people?  Your first article is based upon an annual survey conducted by the U.S. government.  If the U.S. government calls you and asks if you're illegal, what do you think illegals are telling them?  But you believe what you want to believe. 

I believe what the facts show. You have no facts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It HAD slowed down cause Trump was in office the past 4 years. Now that Biden is in, it’s turning into a Sh1t show. That study is based on the years Trump was president 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Ummmm the year is 2021.

It takes data scientists time to work with and study the data. The 2021 numbers will not be available until next year or the year after.

Just now, Djgb13 said:

It HAD slowed down cause Trump was in office the past 4 years. Now that Biden is in, it’s turning into a Sh1t show. That study is based on the years Trump was president 

It also dropped every year that Obama was president.

So all the border states, all the people who live there, all those people are lying?

Because a survey about immigration from years ago says so?

Wowzers

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

So all the border states, all the people who live there, all those people are lying?

CNN doesn't interview those people so...:dunno:

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Because a survey about immigration from years ago says so?

Wowzers

Short surges have happened in the past, even during Trump's time in presidency. However, as long as the surge of immigrants is handled quickly then it will not have a long term impact on the number of illegal immigrants in the country.

Give the border control more funding, etc. Get the surge under control, and lets keep the downward trend of illegal immigrants.

4 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

It also dropped every year that Obama was president.

I don’t believe that whatsoever. Not after seeing those big ass caravans coming while he was president. 

8 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

That's the whole point.  You don't have facts.  if you're thinking you're relying on "facts" you're wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I don’t believe that whatsoever. Not after seeing those big ass caravans coming while he was president. 

Then find the numbers to prove me wrong.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

That's the whole point.  You don't have facts.  if you're thinking you're relying on "facts" you're wrong. 

Then find facts to back up your point. I have changed my opinion on many things in the past. Unlike many geeks I can admit to losing an argument.

The next time I eat crow will not be either the first or last time. Until you do that, I am winning this argument.

Then find the numbers to prove me wrong.

Not trying to be a d1ck. Honestly I’m not. I just don’t need to and honestly don’t want to. Don’t really care. I just know bullsh1t when I see it and the “it dropped during Obama years” is bush1t. 

5 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Not trying to be a d1ck. Honestly I’m not. I just don’t need to and honestly don’t want to. Don’t really care. I just know bullsh1t when I see it and the “it dropped during Obama years” is bush1t. 

Actually it makes sense. Unemployment was high after the 2008 crash. There were less jobs in the US for illegal immigrants. It had nothing to do with Obama's policy but was rather due to the state of the united states economy.

Actually it makes sense. Unemployment was high after the 2008 crash. There were less jobs in the US for illegal immigrants. It had nothing to do with Obama's policy but was rather due to the state of the united states economy.

Maybe. I just know what I saw: thousands of people in caravans heading to America and we’re going to be let in. 

If you surrender at the border and ask for asylum you’re not considered illegal.  Nice trick. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

You won’t find much interest in facts here. It’s tribalism and culture wars for days. Apparently, “woke culture” is the biggest danger in the world. Immigration is probably a close second.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

You won’t find much interest in facts here. It’s tribalism and culture wars for days. Apparently, “woke culture” is the biggest danger in the world. Immigration is probably a close second.

Fact is more people are streaming through the border this year than any other year of the past 20+ years. 

Sad you deny it. 

• Confused 1

If there is no current surge at the border then why did the POTUS just do this?

The Biden administration has pulled more than $2 billion out of programs authorized by Congress for COVID-19 testing, emergency medical supplies and other health needs — and is spending it on shelter for the 45,000 unaccompanied migrant children that have flooded across the US border this year.

The original post was about a long-term trend. A lot of the responses are something like: “but things were really bad in April 2021!” Just like the stock market, if you get too hyped about short-term peaks or valleys, you are missing the forest for the trees. You see the same thing with climate change. If there’s a really hot month, some people think the oceans are going to evaporate in a week, and if it’s a really cold month, some people will claim that global warming isn’t happening at all.

Is it true that over half of the undocumented immigrant population were originally here legally but overstayed their visas?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Up to 81 million last year...only viable explanation

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

2010  11,725,000
2011 11,315,000
2012 11,110,000
2013       11,010,000
2014 11,045,000
2015 11,045,000
2016 10,790,000
2017 10,640,000
2018 10,565,000
2019 10,350,000

From 11 million to 10 million is not a true decline.  That's not distinguishable from white noise.

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

I know you are being a smartass, but you are 100% correct. Immigration of any kind, legal or illegal is what a good portion of us are against. 

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

If you want to start a culture war, an AWESOME way is to import 10-11 million people PER YEAR that are not a part of the current culture.   I think you are understand that though and are just trolling.

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

If you want to start a culture war, an AWESOME way is to import 10-11 million people PER YEAR that are not a part of the current culture.   I think you are understand that though and are just trolling.

Liberals are pretty stupid. Don't assume anything.