Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Cam Akers..

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

They’re both going around round 10-11 in the average 12 team mock.

The injury narrative is dumb, anyone can get injured. 

But some get injured more than others.  Akers may be one of them.  He’s definitely someone that should probably be “handcuffed” IMO as long as it seems likely that Henderson is actually the guy that will take over the majority of carries if Akers goes down.

I agree that anyone can suffer an injury, so drafting a back up running that’s going to be my rb5-6 whom I don’t plan on playing unless there is an injury to the starter on a team that’s going to be very productive he then becomes a pretty good pick. Aka M Davis  

Now by the time the tenth - twelve round comes around I hope to have all my Rbs and WRs slots filled so I won’t need to draft either one of them. 

Now you keep using the comparison to K Hunt, like Lindsay is a player that’s in that category of player, no way is Lindsay as talented of a player as Hunt, so that’s not a good comparison. Plus their ADP reflects that so let’s stop with that comparison. 

And I know that Lindsay is a better talent then Henderson  and that Lindsay does have more stand alone value then Henderson, but I hope that I’m not in a position that I blew my draft at the rb slot that I need to use a back up running with stand alone value like Lindsay who’s going to be playing on one of, and maybe even the worst offense team in the nfl this next season. 

If I have a choice and since I would not need To relies on either one of them to lead my team to victory on a weekly bases, I’ll take the better handcuff who’s on the much better and productive team, and that would be Henderson, and since either one of them would be my 5-6 rb it wouldn’t bother me if they both gathered webs on my bench. Someone has to.  Plus you said Lindsay only competition on the Texans is DJ who’s not going to just fade away, DJ was by avg the 15th best rb in non ppr last season, now he won’t be this season on that team, and a banger like Ingram that would take away short yardage work from the smaller Lindsay, so I’m not so sure how much quality of work on what is going to be a horrible team Lindsay is going to be able to offer, I’m not going to trust him or any Texan player.  

Thanks. 

It’s the classic ceiling vs floor debate. Guy like Lindsay likely has a higher floor but lower ceiling. It’s not the end of the world to have one or two of those guys on your bench, but I do prefer be higher ceiling candidates.

I have the 11th pick in ppr and Cam is a guy I’m looking at with one of those turn picks potentially. I’m pretty set on Hopkins rnd 2 and I’m not sure if I value Cam in the 1st so we will see. Lot of time left.

4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I have the 11th pick in ppr and Cam is a guy I’m looking at with one of those turn picks potentially.

With the 11th and 14th picks you can probly aim higher than Cam and Hopkins; Aaron Jones and Stefon Diggs could be possible.

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

With the 11th and 14th picks you can probly aim higher than Cam and Hopkins; Aaron Jones and Stefon Diggs could be possible.

I like Hopkins better than Diggs and I’m still waiting on the Rodgers situation to assess any Packers. There’s also the prospect of getting 2 WRs there but I usually like to get at least 1 RB.

34 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I like Hopkins better than Diggs and I’m still waiting on the Rodgers situation to assess any Packers. There’s also the prospect of getting 2 WRs there but I usually like to get at least 1 RB.

Well, we know how good Jones is when Rodgers plays; I can only imagine how good he would be if they started giving him a Derrick Henry workload in Rodgers' absence.  So you really can't go wrong with a Jones pick regardless of Rodgers' decision.  In any case, it would be better than being stuck with Cam Akers.

I'm a little curious why you would value Hopkins over Diggs--who doesn't have the kind of competition around him that Hopkins does.

I don't think I'd do a WR/WR stunt in a 12 team league; you'd have to be pretty sure that Carson would still be there at pick 35 to execute the Carson/Davis coup at the 3/4 turn.

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I'm a little curious why you would value Hopkins over Diggs--who doesn't have the kind of competition around him that Hopkins does.

They are very close in every ranking and I just love Hopkins as a player and talent. Diggs season was closer his ceiling imo than Hopkins season which was business as usual. Only WR I have ahead of Hop is Tyreek who on the chiefs with their upgraded Oline could set records this year. 

But again, if Rodgers comes out today and says he’s fully committed to Green Bay and wants to win and go pack go, Adams is nothing less than a top 2 WR and maybe even easily the top.

6 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

But again, if Rodgers comes out today and says he’s fully committed to Green Bay and wants to win and go pack go, Adams is nothing less than a top 2 WR and maybe even easily the top.

Yeah, I would just assume that Adams would be gone before pick 14 in any case.

I think Dillon is going to be a real threat to A Jones for early down work, he’s not going replace Jones as the Packers rb1 , but he’s going to have an expanded roll and much more so then J Williams had while with the Packers.  

Hill/Akers works good for me if I’m drafting mid forst round or later , right now I only see four Rbs worthy of a first round pick. 

I would also Be cautions when it comes to drafting Packers based on Rodgers will soon be the new jeopardy host. 

Would also agree about the Diggs/ Allen combo I see a drop of from last season.  

Jones has been pretty effective while being efficient. Dhillon may be an upgrade over Williams and have upgraded flex appeal, but he’s not the same level of talent that Jones is.

Dillon doesn’t need to be as good, he just needs to produce, and at 247 lbs and if he’s learn a lot about playing in the nfl he will.  

Gives the team a different approach to short yardage and goal line work.  I saw  A Jones dropped 2 points per game last season compared to the before mandemic season of 2019.  

I would rather have Henderson now and before cause an injury can happen. 

Also saw that Rodgers turn down a contract offer a few more ago, the deva Qb isn’t helping. 

I think he should make his decision to be the new host of jeopardy 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Dillon doesn’t need to be as good, he just needs to produce, and at 247 lbs and if he’s learn a lot about playing in the nfl he will.  

Gives the team a different approach to short yardage and goal line work.  I saw  A Jones dropped 2 points per game last season compared to the before mandemic season of 2019.  

I'm to lazy to look it up but didn't Jones big 2019 season come at the expense of D. Adams injuries?

On 7/19/2021 at 6:23 AM, TimHauck said:

But some get injured more than others.  Akers may be one of them.  He’s definitely someone that should probably be “handcuffed” IMO as long as it seems likely that Henderson is actually the guy that will take over the majority of carries if Akers goes down.

I blame you for this.

1 minute ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I blame you for this.

LOL.  I figured he'd last a couple games at least!

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

I'm to lazy to look it up but didn't Jones big 2019 season come at the expense of D. Adams injuries?

Adams missed four games that season, but based solely on avg per game points , it was his worst for the past three seasons.  

I said it on here earlier and I’ll reiterate. Darrell Henderson is not that good. I’ll assume the Rams will bring someone in to share with him. Maybe kick the tires on an old vet like Gurley or Le’Veon. 

• Like 1

I would think they need to bring in a back up for Henderson. 

He’ll produce solely based on the team he’s on and Henderson is good enough.  

I don’t see Gurley retuning , I think it’ll be Peterson.  

On 7/20/2021 at 10:55 AM, LoOnAtIk said:

I said it on here earlier and I’ll reiterate. Darrell Henderson is not that good. I’ll assume the Rams will bring someone in to share with him. Maybe kick the tires on an old vet like Gurley or Le’Veon. 

I agree. He looks to me like a guy that’s mediocre. Maybe slightly better but not much 

23 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I agree. He looks to me like a guy that’s mediocre. Maybe slightly better but not much 

I'll be keeping my eye on Xavier Jones in camp. He seems to be the best homerun threat of what is left on the roster if they don't sign anyone.

I traded Jamaal Williams for Xavier Jones after missing on waivers.  I figure the Detroit offense is going to be pretty bad, but I also liked Xavier Jones a lot even last year.  I actually drafted him in my dynasty rookie draft, but had to cut him for roster space.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nobody said:

I traded Jamaal Williams for Xavier Jones after missing on waivers.

OUCH!

What are you going to do for an encore, trade Raheem Mostert for Giovani Bernard?

You wouldn't understand.  You're a numbers guy.  I watch football.

24 minutes ago, nobody said:

You wouldn't understand.  You're a numbers guy.  I watch football.

Great, but fantasy football is a numbers game.

I would rather have the Rams back up over the Lions back up, Henderson still has to prove that he can carry the load, and stay healthy, and the next man up for the Rams is in a better situation playing on a much better and more productive team. N

Swift as more talent then Henderson so he’ll be the Lions rb1, Henderson I’m not so sure e can handle that job for the entire season.  

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

I play the man

I think we have a new leader in the clubhouse for dumbest comment posted this pre-season…

39 minutes ago, nobody said:

You play the numbers.  I play the man. 

I win the game.

You guys are only about the analytics.  You have to consider the Manalytics.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, nobody said:

You have to consider the Manalytics.

How many points do you get in your league for those?

In my leagues, I only have to consider yards, receptions, and TDs (and the occasional fumble or 2 pt coversion).

Henderson’s ADP is simply ridiculous, and now it’s been reported by a reporter they see it being a RBBC, I wish this news would have waited, so an owner in my league would have over paid for him. 

On 7/20/2021 at 1:55 PM, LoOnAtIk said:

How are all those Henderson shares looking now?

32 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

How are all those Henderson shares looking now?

A hell of a lot better than the Xavier Jones shares.

After waiving Raymond Calais with an injury designation and Henderson dinging his thumb, the Rams had only three healthy RBs on their roster.  They signed Michel as depth, not to come in and take over Henderson's bellcow role.

But it's too bad @snatchit didn't trade for Mattison on Axe Elf's advice when he had the chance.  Greed won out over reason, and it cost him.

16 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

A hell of a lot better than the Xavier Jones shares.

After waiving Raymond Calais with an injury designation and Henderson dinging his thumb, the Rams had only three healthy RBs on their roster.  They signed Michel as depth, not to come in and take over Henderson's bellcow role.

But it's too bad @snatchit didn't trade for Mattison on Axe Elf's advice when he had the chance.  Greed won out over reason, and it cost him.

Incorrect if Henderson was drafted around the 4th round as opposed to Jones ADP. 

Also, the Rams didn’t sign Michel, they traded for him. They gave up not 1 but 2 draft picks which seems like a lot for someone that’s not gonna have any role.

Im not saying Michel is the new bellcow. What I’m saying is if it’s a 50/50 split that all but nukes Henderson’s 4th round ADP valuation.

9 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Incorrect if Henderson was drafted around the 4th round as opposed to Jones ADP.

Well, there are a lot of NFL teams' RB4s out there if just getting a RB in the last round is what's important to you.  Maybe Dare Ogunbowale of the Jaguars appeals to you for his ADP as well?  Some owners would rather draft players who will score fantasy points though...  ::: shrugs :::

11 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Also, the Rams didn’t sign Michel, they traded for him. They gave up not 1 but 2 draft picks which seems like a lot for someone that’s not gonna have any role.

Axually they gave up the conditional 4th round pick that they expect to receive from S John Johnson leaving in free agency, as reported by Ian Rapoport.  If for some reason that doesn't materialize, THEN the Patriots get a 5th and a 6th.

Given that Funk and Jones haven't provided much of a safety net if Henderson were to get hurt, it's not an outlandish price for a capable backup.  The Rams are trying to win now, they can't afford to throw away the season if their only starter-quality back gets hurt.

18 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Im not saying Michel is the new bellcow. What I’m saying is if it’s a 50/50 split that all but nukes Henderson’s 4th round ADP valuation.

It won't be a 50/50 split.  Michel's most fantasy-relevant contribution will probably be to vulture some goalline opportunities from Henderson--but Michel is largely an insurance policy.

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It won't be a 50/50 split.  Michel's most fantasy-relevant contribution will probably be to vulture some goalline opportunities from Henderson--but Michel is largely an insurance policy.

This is extremely wishful thinking. It might start out that way with Michel learning the playbook but once he’s up to speed I wouldn’t rule out a 50/50 split. I wouldn’t rule out Michel being the top dawg. Henderson has also proven to be fragile during his 2 years in a RBBC.

I think once Michel knows the system he’ll be the main guy 55/45 , also Henderson has missed as many games the last two seasons as Cook, four.  

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think once Michel knows the system he’ll be the main guy 55/45 , also Henderson has missed as many games the last two seasons as Cook, four.  

If Michel suits up and gets decent work in this final preseason game I’d say it’s possible 50/50 split as early as week 1.