Sign in to follow this  
Mike Isles

****Official 2021 NHL playoffs thread****

NHL Playoffs are unlike anything.  If *your* team is in it, its the best thing in sports.  :cheers:

Caps vs Bruins is a melee involving some of the dirtiest players in the league. Probably gonna be multiple players with season-ending injuries and other players with suspensions.

Someday maybe the Sabres will make the playoffs again…

In the Bruins - Caps game, I was sure the Bs would lose in OT. Usually, one team dominates the OT, then the other team gets a lucky bounce and ends it. This time, the Bs dominated, and got the lucky bounce (well, the lucky f*** up, anyway. Thanks, Samsonov and Schultz :clap:). Good to see the right team win it.

3 games, 3 OTs. I can't take this....

3 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

In the Bruins - Caps game, I was sure the Bs would lose in OT. Usually, one team dominates the OT, then the other team gets a lucky bounce and ends it. This time, the Bs dominated, and got the lucky bounce (well, the lucky f*** up, anyway. Thanks, Samsonov and Schultz :clap:). Good to see the right team win it.

3 games, 3 OTs. I can't take this....

I've been too busy to watch. I watched game 1, but that was it so far.  I have them on DVR, not the same when you know who wins

14 minutes ago, edjr said:

I've been too busy to watch. I watched game 1, but that was it so far.  I have them on DVR, not the same when you know who wins

Yeah, an early round game, I don't know if I'd watch a recorded game where I knew the result. Conference finals maybe, Cup final definitely.

Just now, Thornton Melon said:

Yeah, an early round game, I don't know if I'd watch a recorded game where I knew the result. Conference finals maybe, Cup final definitely.

I am working from home 4 days a week. In a bit I will watch the goals/fights and 2nd overtime

Bruins might have to wait a week to play again if the Pens-Isles goes 7. I suppose the rest would be nice, but I don't want to see Tuukka lose his edge. He's dialed in right now.

An unnecessary cheap shot by the Jets' Mark Scheifele on the Canadians Jake Evans yesterday...

On 5/18/2021 at 10:52 PM, KSB2424 said:

NHL Playoffs are unlike anything.  If *your* team is in it, its the best thing in sports.  :cheers:

This.  It is very difficult to watch 2 other teams in NHL playoffs. I can do it no problem in MLB and NFL.  

18 minutes ago, posty said:

An unnecessary cheap shot by the Jets' Mark Scheifele on the Canadians Jake Evans yesterday...

I don’t know how I feel about this one.  He was trying to prevent a goal and not to blame the victim but he had his head down. Was vicious though. 

9 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

I don’t know how I feel about this one.  He was trying to prevent a goal and not to blame the victim but he had his head down. Was vicious though. 

he hit him in the head

1 hour ago, Mike Isles said:

It looked like he wasn't even attempting to play the puck though...  Was watching when it happened, he was out before he even hit the ice with his face...

Bruins didn't deserve that one. They made so many mistakes in their own end, especially in OT. They were out-hit, and out-hustled the whole game, and lucky to come away with the W.

But I'll take it :clap:

19 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Bruins didn't deserve that one. They made so many mistakes in their own end, especially in OT. They were out-hit, and out-hustled the whole game, and lucky to come away with the W.

But I'll take it :clap:

See I disagree- I felt Bs kept Isles on the outside all game. Never got chances in the slot. Good D. Varly kept Isles in games. After Matt scored yes it was all Isles. OT was just a small sample. (Isles wasted power play with couple mins in regulation)

12 hours ago, posty said:

Knocked a dude unconscious and nothing happens. Little pushing and shoving and off Scheifele skates.  That deserved a bench clearing beat down. The Canadians are p*ssies. 

8 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Knocked a dude unconscious and nothing happens. Little pushing and shoving and off Scheifele skates.  That deserved a bench clearing beat down. The Canadians are p*ssies. 

I still do not see it as dirty. Hard hit yes. But should not of been major and 4 game suspension- woke- this NHL Playoffs!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

I still do not see it as dirty. Hard hit yes. But should not of been major and 4 game suspension- woke- this NHL Playoffs!!!!!

I semi-agree it didn't look full-on intentional dirty... but the Canadians still should've stuck up for their teammate who looked near dead on the ice.

7 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

See I disagree- I felt Bs kept Isles on the outside all game. Never got chances in the slot. Good D. Varly kept Isles in games. After Matt scored yes it was all Isles. OT was just a small sample. (Isles wasted power play with couple mins in regulation)

You have a point. I do look at my team more critically when I'm watching. The B's did have alot of turnovers, though.

I think this one is going the full 7.

3 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

You have a point. I do look at my team more critically when I'm watching. The B's did have alot of turnovers, though.

I think this one is going the full 7.

You have a good point as well. Islanders did take the puck away a lot which was exciting but they couldn’t do anything with it. 

Oh yeah. Close game. 4-1 does not show how tight this game was. 

3 game series now. Good Luck Bs fans. 

Tuukka didn't look like himself at all last night. His back injury must be flaring up. On one of the goals, it looked like he just fell forward trying to make the save. 

If Swayman gets the nod, he"d better play like he did in the regular season, or the B's are done on Wednesday. He looked pretty shaky last night in his limited action.

Man, Montreal is clicking right now...

Of course the Jets swept the Oilers out of the first round and got swept themselves...  Could be interesting to see them against Vegas or Colorado...

Montreal knocked off more teams in the last 2 weeks then the Maple Loafs have in 17 years. 
(Seen on the internet- not my own). 

• Like 1

Isles capitialized on the Bruins' f'ups last night. Bruins squandered their opportunities.

As the B's were losing last night, I thought to myself "I hate Tampon Bay, but how could I root for the Islanders to beat them?". I already feel that starting to wear off, though.

Go Isles (at least in the semis).

Has Cassidy been fired yet? How about Sweeney? How about Rask?  I will never watch another game if Rask is on this team

I hope someone on Tampa Bay knocks out Palmieri's teeth

5 hours ago, edjr said:

Has Cassidy been fired yet? How about Sweeney? How about Rask?  I will never watch another game if Rask is on this team

I hope someone on Tampa Bay knocks out Palmieri's teeth

Yeah. Pal is the dirty player. Your teams players got 3 fines (and the whiny coach). 
Bs were out played and out coached.