Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

Jamaal Williams?

It makes sense; Lynn had both Gordon (as the "lead back") and Ekeler (as the "guy in space") with San Diego.

Hilarious, there he goes again killing fantasy players hopes and dreams. Swift gonna be good I’m thinking.

I'm a Jamaal Williams investor in dynasty and I can tell you that this makes no sense.  Williams is a plodder.   

I can’t see how this is going to take place, but I do expect for Swift to not be has ff productive as some think because of J Will.  

I don’t expect the lions to be any good next year. This probably makes Swift a DND for me. Even if it’s just smoke, I’m not calling that bluff.

At Swift’s current ADP I don’t see me getting him.  

His value right now is to high for me when the lions hired J Will.  

But I still see Swift being the Lions Rb1 , but a 1a 1b type of situation might indeed take place.  

56 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I don’t expect the lions to be any good next year.

That's what makes Amon-Ra St. Brown one of the more intriguing rookie WRs.

Goff has a history of feeding his slot receivers, and it's not like Breshad Perriman and Tyrell Williams are studs.  If they're playing from behind a lot, someone's going to get targets.  St. Brown isn't necessarily a blue-chip talent, but he's got opportunity in spades.

Reminds of Lyn hyping Tyrod Taylor over the the #1 franchise QB either the rocket arm.

Not good news for Lions fans. Downgrade at QB and anew coach who hypes the wrong guy.

On 5/20/2021 at 5:36 PM, nobody said:

I'm a Jamaal Williams investor in dynasty and I can tell you that this makes no sense.  Williams is a plodder.   

Agreed. Once the season rolling and Lynn see what kind of back he has in Swift I think he'll change his tune a bit and Williams will be nothing more.than to spell Swift, short yardage and goal line back. Williams will not be 1a. It'll be the other way around.

Have the Lions had a reliable fantasy RB since Barry Sanders?

Sure, they've had a guy here and there with a decent season, but they rarely have a RB that is worth more than a flex spot.

They have had plenty of RBs that looked like they were gonna take off due to them having a good QB and passing game most of the time.

It usually breaks down to a RBBC.

Yeah, Swift looks promising, but I wouldn't be shocked if the trend continues.

3 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Agreed. Once the season rolling and Lynn see what kind of back he has in Swift I think he'll change his tune a bit and Williams will be nothing more.than to spell Swift, short yardage and goal line back. Williams will not be 1a. It'll be the other way around.

Lynn considers the short yardage/goalline/pass blocking plodder to be his 1A.  The speedy guy to get the ball in space is his 1B.  Sounds like the 1A would be the guy to have in standard scoring, and the 1B would be more suited to PPR scoring (not that I would want either of them as a regular starter).

"Jamaal is what I'd call a classic 'A' back," Lynn told Chris Burke and Nick Baumgardner of The Athletic. "I like to break the backs down into 'A' and 'B'. My 'A' backs are normally my bigger backs. They can run between the tackles, block probably a little better than a 'B' back, they can also run the perimeter. I can leave those guys in there for all three downs."

"My 'B' back comes in, he's a guy that sometimes I want to use in space more," Lynn said. "He's my speed-in-space guy."

"I feel like Jamaal would be an outstanding 'A' back. I like his energy, I like his pad level and the way he runs the football between the tackles."

4 hours ago, DocNiner said:

At Swift current adp I would rather target J Williams. 

I think there is more to it than those that have a lot invested with Swift want to believe. 

I can easily see a 1a and 1b situation, as for me I’m in a 14 team non ppr, I’ll take the goal line guy that right now at the current adp is the better value. 

9 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Lynn considers the short yardage/goalline/pass blocking plodder to be his 1A.  The speedy guy to get the ball in space is his 1B.  Sounds like the 1A would be the guy to have in standard scoring, and the 1B would be more suited to PPR scoring (not that I would want either of them as a regular starter).

"Jamaal is what I'd call a classic 'A' back," Lynn told Chris Burke and Nick Baumgardner of The Athletic. "I like to break the backs down into 'A' and 'B'. My 'A' backs are normally my bigger backs. They can run between the tackles, block probably a little better than a 'B' back, they can also run the perimeter. I can leave those guys in there for all three downs."

"My 'B' back comes in, he's a guy that sometimes I want to use in space more," Lynn said. "He's my speed-in-space guy."

"I feel like Jamaal would be an outstanding 'A' back. I like his energy, I like his pad level and the way he runs the football between the tackles."

He will probably run Jammal Williams "until he pukes".

This is just preseason talk and I hope it tanks Swift's ADP.  

Could be preseason talk, might not be. 

1 hour ago, BobSanders_33 said:

He will probably run Jammal Williams "until he pukes".

This is just preseason talk and I hope it tanks Swift's ADP.  

It is indeed talk, and it is indeed the preseason.  However, it fits with what we know Lynn to have done with the Chargers, so it has more credibility than, say, Kyle Pitts having the best rookie TE season ever.

If Swift is the Austin Ekeler of the Lions, so be it.  Ekeler had some good years in that system.  It remains to be seen if the Lions' offense can function as highly as the Chargers' did.  But it sounds legit that Williams will be the Melvin Gordon.

19 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Lions working out Gurley I think. Wtf is up with Swift?

Doesn't bite enough kneecaps I guess.

24 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Lions working out Gurley I think. Wtf is up with Swift?

I am NOT saying this is what is going on in this case, or any particular case, but as prop gambling, $$$ fantasy football become larger and more prevalent is there a chance some of these front office types manipulate odds/ADPs intentionally?

Its hard not to look at tweets/posts/articles regarding Bitcoin, Doge, stocks, etc and not come to the conclusion there is a great deal of image manipulation for profit happenin. Why won't or hasn't it happened in the NFL?

An NFL front office/coaching staff at this point can affect a large amount of $$$ flows without ever impacting their teams performance on the field with these and other types of moves/comments.

Read today that the Lions coach said they are truly interested in Gurley. N

Also Lynn said hot hand approach for the Rbs, not good news for Swift owners.  

Or just more coach talk.  

Mmmm. The blot thickens. 

I expect Lyn will coach his way out of Detroit just as he did in LA.

I would expect the same. 

Hot hand approach should help Swift.  Williams has never had a hot hand and Gurley is washed.

40 minutes ago, nobody said:

Williams has never had a hot hand...

On November 26, 2017, Jamaal Williams posted 29.5 PPR fantasy points (135 yards from scrimmage, 4 receptions, 2 TDs).  Two weeks later, on December 10, he posted 30.8 PPR fantasy points (118 yards from scrimmage, 7 receptions, 2 TDs).

Last season week 12 both he and A Jones played, Williams out scored him non ppr 13-9. 

Horrible team this season and this talk about hot hand for the Rbs , I don’t think at his current ADP Swift is worth it.  

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

On November 26, 2017, Jamaal Williams posted 29.5 PPR fantasy points (135 yards from scrimmage, 4 receptions, 2 TDs).  Two weeks later, on December 10, he posted 30.8 PPR fantasy points (118 yards from scrimmage, 7 receptions, 2 TDs).

LOL I saw the little notification pop up and I said to myself, I bet that's either AxeElf or weepaws taking that Jamaal Williams never had a hot-hand tongue-in-cheek comment super literally.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

LOL I saw the little notification pop up and I said to myself, I bet that's either AxeElf or weepaws taking that Jamaal Williams never had a hot-hand tongue-in-cheek comment super literally.

Oh no, I realized you meant the complete opposite the first time I read it.  I was just agreeing with you.

9 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Oh no, I realized you meant the complete opposite the first time I read it.  I was just agreeing with you.

So is your point that Jamaal had a good game 4 years ago so if Detroit rides the hot hand Swift investors need to worry?

You Aspergers guys are really literal.  

5 hours ago, nobody said:

So is your point that Jamaal had a good game 4 years ago so if Detroit rides the hot hand Swift investors need to worry?

You Aspergers guys are really literal.  

No, my point was that whoever claimed that Jamaal Williams had never had a hot hand was incorrect.

You asparagus guys are really illiterate.

On 6/4/2021 at 1:59 PM, nobody said:

Hot hand approach should help Swift.  Williams has never had a hot hand and Gurley is washed.

I agree that it should help Swift, he’s the more talented player and we’ll see more how this situation is going to play out during the preseason, but J Williams as had a few very good ff games, I don’t think highly of any Lions player for ff this season, have you seen their over all offensive roster, so you said you own J Williams in a keeper league, I think you own a good back up that could be worth even more as the season goes forward.  

Lyn is a wild card type of couch and hard to get handle of how he’s going to use his players , so I’m not putting a lot of stock into what’s he said about basically rotating the two Rbs but I’m listening. 

My reply to you about him out scoring Jones week 12 was just for your informational use.  

Your welcome for the help. 

On 5/26/2021 at 10:02 AM, polecatt said:

Sure, they've had a guy here and there with a decent season, but they rarely have a RB that is worth more than a flex spot.

They have had plenty of RBs that looked like they were gonna take off due to them having a good QB and passing game most of the time.

I was an insanely, huuuuuuuuuge Kevin Jones backer.

I messed up on that one :(

2 hours ago, Kopy said:

Some teams you just have to assume the worst in some area's.  The Lions are a team that, if they're drafting an RB, he's the bust when you look and try to find out which RB's will be a bust in the draft.  Tampa is like that for QB's.  The Broncos are like that for WR's.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:02 AM, polecatt said:

Excellent observation. They've had literally only 3 RBs eclipse 1,000 yards rushing since Barry.

James Stewart

Kevin Jones

Reggie Bush

LOL yikes

Add to that they haven't had anyone crack 700 rushing yards since Joique Bell in 2014. WOW.

5 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Excellent observation. They've had literally only 3 RBs eclipse 1,000 yards rushing since Barry.

James Stewart

Kevin Jones

Reggie Bush

LOL yikes

Add to that they haven't had anyone crack 700 rushing yards since Joique Bell in 2014. WOW.

Three? That's more than I could remember, lol

Yes, I remember Joique Bell, he was an excellent low value PPR RB there for about 2 years. He was staple on my dynasty team that won back to back championships in 2013-14.

He caught like 40-50 passes, had about 1100-1200 total yards and scored like 8 total TDs each season. He was really just a glorified goal line RB that caught some passes.

20 hours ago, Kopy said:

Yeah, at one point I thought Ameer Abdullah was gonna be Jamaal Charles 2.0.

We've all been duped by the Lions at some point, nothing to be ashamed of 😆

I just added Jamaal in the 12th round of a $250 dynasty startup earlier today, so I will not tolerate any JW bashing moving forward 😎😄

If anyone is interested, I'll share the results of the draft when it is over. Jamaal is easily the worst player on my team and I'm not so sure he won't be a good flex option on occasion this year.

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

Three? That's more than I could remember, lol

Yes, I remember Joique Bell, he was an excellent low value PPR RB there for about 2 years. He was staple on my dynasty team that won back to back championships in 2013-14.

He caught like 40-50 passes, had about 1100-1200 total yards and scored like 8 total TDs each season. He was really just a glorified goal line RB that caught some passes.

Everyone loves Joique Bell lol he was a fantasy and real life fan favorite.

I do think Mr Williams landed in a good spot for his career.