Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

Jamaal Williams?

You cannot mention the Lions RBs of recent yore and not include Kevin Smith and his outlier combination of productivity and fragility.

I expect Jamaal to reprise his role on an unfortunately lesser situation than what he had in Green Bay. He was flex-able behind Aaron Jones and will be behind Swift.

50 minutes ago, DrG said:

You cannot mention the Lions RBs of recent yore and not include Kevin Smith and his outlier combination of productivity and fragility.

I expect Jamaal to reprise his role on an unfortunately lesser situation than what he had in Green Bay. He was flex-able behind Aaron Jones and will be behind Swift.

Agreed the team he’s now on will be horrible and that alone will hurt his and all those other players production, I’m personally in my 14 team non ppr league being staying away from Lions players unless I can get really cheap value. 

Now the new head coach is talking about playing the hot hand. 

I hate coach talk. But this looks like a true RBBC with the coach saying that if the hot hand is Williams they will find other ways to use Swift.  

I’m not interested in any Texans and Jets and Most Lions , I’ll take a late draft pick on J Williams based on his current ADP, which now could start to rise.  

More help for you mr wolves. 

Thanks. 

Swift far better and JWill even has some potential flex appeal but it’s going to be a committee. Both guys are worth a stash in case of injury. 

Hard to draft Swift for stash at his current ADP.  

Your drafting him as a rb two a this current time, but that could change by the end of August 

15 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Hard to draft Swift for stash at his current ADP.  

Your drafting him as a rb two a this current time, but that could change by the end of August 

Ha my bad I meant to say that JWill has the flex appeal and I fixed it. Swift is def drafted as an RB2 and could even gain adp as the weeks go on. 

Jamaal Williams is a three yards and a cloud of dust type.  I doubt he will have the hot hand very often.

I doubt that any player on the Lions will have a hot hand throughout the season, that team is so limited on offense. 

But I wouldn’t spend a late third round pick on Swift. 

To many variables that show me that he won’t return his ADP back to the owner that will spend a third round pick rb2 on him. M

Swift ranked 21 in avg last season, and that was with 10 total tds, the Lions might not score ten tds as a team.  

Williams a very late round pick would be the right call, and it will turn out to be the better pick. M

Would agree about Swift, flex with upside.  

I like J Williams as a rb4-5 I think his ADP might rise some of during the preseason he does play more.  

Hockensen would be the best Lions offense player to own imo, but even that’s limited, last season he was the 7th te non ppr based on avg per game, can’t see more then that with Goff at the helm.