Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Dont be one of the people who thinks Zeke is not a top 5 RB this season. You are better than that.

There’s this strange phenomenon happening right now where people think Zeke had lost his status as a top guy and is a low end RB1 worth a back end 1st round pick maybe. This is silly and he’s still very much worth a top 4 pick as a high end RB1. He was the RB9 last season after starting as a top 5 guy before Dak and the entire Oline got hurt, killing the offense. He is not old, he has not lost a step, the cowboys offense is whole again. Pollard did not “earn a bigger part of the offense”, it will be Zekes ground game just like it has been. 

Last season was pretty much his rock bottom floor and was easily an RB1. Don’t look at stats without considering the context of last season and remembering what actually happened. 

I’m not downgrading him at all from how I saw him last season, which was a top tier RB worth a high 1st round pick. Taking Saquon Barkley over Zeke is ludicrous to me. If you took Zeke no.1 I wouldn’t even call you crazy. He’s the same guy he’s been.

Let’s just keep this under wraps, why spread the good news, right now he’s a 1.8 on FFC I want him to stay at that spot, or even more down more.  

In my 14 team non ppr at number eight I would have a steal.  

So to those reading this thread please ignore and keep lowering the better it would be for me.  

OP I agree.  

4 hours ago, tanatastic said:

There’s this strange phenomenon happening right now where people think Zeke had lost his status as a top guy and is a low end RB1 worth a back end 1st round pick maybe. This is silly and he’s still very much worth a top 4 pick as a high end RB1. He was the RB9 last season after starting as a top 5 guy before Dak and the entire Oline got hurt, killing the offense. He is not old, he has not lost a step, the cowboys offense is whole again. Pollard did not “earn a bigger part of the offense”, it will be Zekes ground game just like it has been. 

Last season was pretty much his rock bottom floor and was easily an RB1. Don’t look at stats without considering the context of last season and remembering what actually happened. 

I’m not downgrading him at all from how I saw him last season, which was a top tier RB worth a high 1st round pick. Taking Saquon Barkley over Zeke is ludicrous to me. If you took Zeke no.1 I wouldn’t even call you crazy. He’s the same guy he’s been.

An RB's fantasy production is often tied to that of the offense and the team as a whole.

the team was bad.   I'm sure with Dak returning, it will get better.   But the defense is still bad.

He probably is top 5 this year, but its not a lock like past years mostly due to the sad state of the team as a whole.

that being said if I"m drafting in the #5 or #6 slot in any format, and hes on the board, It would be difficult not to pick him.

I would be more concerned with Zeke's declining share of the offense than anything you mentioned.  2020 was the first year that Zeke averaged fewer than 20 touches per game (19.7), after averaging 23.6,  26.8, 25.4, and 22.2 touches per game in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 respectively.

That may just be because the Dallas offense had a harder time staying on the field than usual last year, translating into fewer touches for Zeke--or the Cowboys are just starting to rely less on the running game, and trusting Dak and the elite WR corps more.  If it was the former, Zeke could well be a top 5 RB again this season; if it was the latter, he could well slip out of the top 10.

Offense without Dak had a harder time moving the ball.  

Plus worst def the Cowboys have had based on points given up since The Zeke became a Cowboy. 

Amen. 

38 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I would be more concerned with Zeke's declining share of the offense than anything you mentioned.  2020 was the first year that Zeke averaged fewer than 20 touches per game (19.7), after averaging 23.6,  26.8, 25.4, and 22.2 touches per game in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 respectively.

That may just be because the Dallas offense had a harder time staying on the field than usual last year, translating into fewer touches for Zeke--or the Cowboys are just starting to rely less on the running game, and trusting Dak and the elite WR corps more.  If it was the former, Zeke could well be a top 5 RB again this season; if it was the latter, he could well slip out of the top 10.

I’d heavily bet the former. Completely different team with the Oline injuries and Dak hurt, there’s almost nothing worth carrying over for this years projections once the QB went down. He was doing good for the time Dak was on the field and that’s with him on pace to match or break the record for most passes thrown in a season so they prob will trust him to pass more. If that moves the offense, the scoring opportunities should balance out the lack of running game for Zekes personal production.

Let’s hope his current ADP drops. 

but how good will Dak be?  He's coming off what I consider a pretty big injury. Does he pick up where he left off or is he a shell of his former self?

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Better offense will be good for Zeke so it still works out in his favor. He’s basically a lock to be an RB1 absent injury, and unlike some he’s not a huge risk to miss time. Not too many of those out there

4 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

but how good will Dak be?  He's coming off what I consider a pretty big injury. Does he pick up where he left off or is he a shell of his former self?

Which former self? 

His first three seasons he was a high qb2 , in 2019 he become a top five Qb, last season was on pace to have his best season. 

I think he’ll be darn good, the Cowboys have placed around him a multitude of weapons to assure that.  

Now have you heard about some set backs? 

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Which former self? 

His first three seasons he was a high qb2 , in 2019 he become a top five Qb, last season was on pace to have his best season. 

I think he’ll be darn good, the Cowboys have placed around him a multitude of weapons to assure that.  

Now have you heard about some set backs? 

no but I've seen the pictures of his injury. That alone throughs up a red flag for me.

Come on Tony Pollard.

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

The Cowboys offense had just about everything go wrong that could last season, outside of Zeke getting injured. Of course he's not gonna have a great season.

I think he's still one of the best RBs in the NFL. The Cowboys should have a big time offense. Zeke will be a big part of that.

A top 5 pick, I could see it. Certainly a top 10 pick.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kopy said:

Come on Tony Pollard.

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

My initial thought was Pollard when I Elf mentioned the reduced touches, and Pollard's touches did go up over 1 per game.  Part of that bump was due to Elliott missing 1 game, but still, Pollards touches went up about a .5 per game.  I don't think that's a sign of things changing as much just happenstance.  Elliott is pretty much locked in to Dallas for the next 2 years because of his contract extension, so I'm thinking that if you're hoping for Pollard, you'd have to be hoping for an injury to Elliott.