Sign in to follow this  
Drizzay

Nobody likes Bryson

4 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Ha, there is the case for that. Should the golfers be held accountable for where fans want to stand? 

Outside of declaring local rules to prevent certain paths - really not sure what the Tour can do... Fans may just have to be on the lookout - be aware of their surroundings. 

O b lines would help.

Add Phil to the list. 

No way anybody can handle being around that dude for an extended period of time.

21 minutes ago, Reality said:

No way anybody can handle being around that dude for an extended period of time.

You could see it when he first emerged in the NCAAs.  His style, demeanor, and infatuation with The Golfing Machine makes him too wack-a-doodle.

Not Bryson related, but we don’t have a golf thread. I myself, have wondered what type of magic is infused into these, considering the price. 

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Not Bryson related, but we don’t have a golf thread. I myself, have wondered what type of magic is infused into these, considering the price. 

Funny vid.  The clubs are hype.  Theres some also-rans playing PXG.  I mean, why isnt Paige Spiranic out on tour? She games PXG. Every manufacturer is right on the razors edge with USGA requirements.  It would be different if it was "anything goes" with club tech.  

On 7/5/2021 at 9:15 AM, Cruzer said:

DeChamtool strikes again. 

As the defending champion, as Rocket Mortgage one of his touring sponsors - he flat out up and bolts after Friday's round, stiffing his fans, stiffing his sponsor. 

Column: Bryson DeChambeau owes the Rocket Mortgage Classic — and Detroit — a lot more than silence (yahoo.com)

In his defense, can you blame him for wanting to get out of Detroit as soon as possible?

22 minutes ago, Bert said:

In his defense, can you blame him for wanting to get out of Detroit as soon as possible?

Oh man, that's cold. :D

Watching a bit of the tourney, I was actually impressed with how awesome the golf course looked. An old styled, tree lined track - she resembled Colonial in many ways. 

Chips in on 1 after a terrible approach by Rodgers 

3 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Wtf. 5 footer for eagle and ya par it? 

I love watching this thing. I hope it is legit live and don’t do some fast forward stuff as it gets dark. 

Aaron Rodgers told Golf Magazine he is a 3.5

13.5 looks more accurate 

I've skied that big mountain in the background many times

Thoughts on The Match 

Phil Mickelson - love him or hate him, he makes these things fun. It is his antics and needling of the competition that put life into this. 

I doubt Bryson or Rodgers will be invited back. Both are dry as toast. (although, Phil did try to get Bryson to talk, it didn't work). 

Off the top of my head, Spieth would probably be good. Morikawa, maybe? Tiger if he is healthy. 

They made mention of possibly DJ and Gretzky teaming up, but DJ is half retarded and introverted. 

10 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Thoughts on The Match 

Phil Mickelson - love him or hate him, he makes these things fun. It is his antics and needling of the competition that put life into this. 

I doubt Bryson or Rodgers will be invited back. Both are dry as toast. (although, Phil did try to get Bryson to talk, it didn't work). 

Off the top of my head, Spieth would probably be good. Morikawa, maybe? Tiger if he is healthy. 

They made mention of possibly DJ and Gretzky teaming up, but DJ is half retarded and introverted. 

Yeah, DJ was meh during the match at Seminole

Definitely needs guys talking trash. Speef would.

Brady needs to go. He pouts too much when he starts sucking. It's all for fun. 

On 7/6/2021 at 12:00 PM, Cruzer said:

Oh man, that's cold. :D

Watching a bit of the tourney, I was actually impressed with how awesome the golf course looked. An old styled, tree lined track - she resembled Colonial in many ways. 

Outstanding golf course in my opinion.   I'm sure there a million out there but man do I want to play that now.

4 hours ago, lod001 said:

Definitely needs guys talking trash. Speef would.

Brady needs to go. He pouts too much when he starts sucking. It's all for fun. 

J. Timberlake would be good. He's a golf maniac, would certainly mix it up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Romo? Steph Curry?

With Phil and Speef. :thumbsup:

I like him just fine :dunno:

Most don't like him because he hits it longer than them

Bill Murray?

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Outstanding golf course in my opinion.   I'm sure there a million out there but man do I want to play that now.

https://bigskyresort.com/summer-activities/disc-golf

23 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Aaron Rodgers told Golf Magazine he is a 3.5

13.5 looks more accurate 

guy putted lights out.

5 hours ago, supermike80 said:

visually yes and probably fun to play but I find the holes weird. 9 seemed to be a 288 yard par 4? playing downhill and at altitude... phil hit a hybrid over the green and bryson hit a 4 iron long left. Out of curiosity, why would that play as a par 4? And there were other 4's where Brady and Rodgers were hitting it 30 yards short of the green.  Course seemed gimmicky. 

8 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Thoughts on The Match 

I actually thought Rodgers was hilarious. Super dry humor but he kept making fun of Phil giving all that instruction to Brady on each shot and he was making fun of Phils classic thumbs up. He walked a few putts in. I found him entertaining enough. 

Brady is actually weaker. Worse golfer and wasn't talking too much trash. I think one of the few times he made me laugh was on the phone with Gronk saying he was 30 feet from the leader of the Packers, "I think". 

Bryson wasn't good. As the other pro, you would have hoped he would have gotten the memo to talk through shots a little more. you could tell Phil was trying to get it out of him. Hearing a little of their thought process is one of the elements that makes these things watchable. 

Rahm! ... Spieth, Fowler?, Rory on the pro side

Larry Fitz, Curry again, Peyton again, agree with Cruzer on Timberlake, 

13 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

guy putted lights out.

I was a bit premature on that statement. :doh:

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Would love to see Fitz, he'd be great too.

Truth be told, they should have Peyton every year - that dude is gold!

Johnny Manziel is going to try to get his tour card....

Bwahhahahhahah

11 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I actually thought Rodgers was hilarious. Super dry humor but he kept making fun of Phil giving all that instruction to Brady on each shot and he was making fun of Phils classic thumbs up. He walked a few putts in. I found him entertaining enough. 

Brady is actually weaker. Worse golfer and wasn't talking too much trash. I think one of the few times he made me laugh was on the phone with Gronk saying he was 30 feet from the leader of the Packers, "I think". 

Bryson wasn't good. As the other pro, you would have hoped he would have gotten the memo to talk through shots a little more. you could tell Phil was trying to get it out of him. Hearing a little of their thought process is one of the elements that makes these things watchable. 

Rahm! ... Spieth, Fowler?, Rory on the pro side

I thought all 4 were stiff and boring as fock.   Brady is a gigantic nerd and is not entertaining at all.  I wanted some real trash talk, some pranks, etc.  

Someone bark NOONAN during a putt....run over  a ball with the cart...Those kinds of things. Or at least mess around. 

There was that quick video where Mickelson took Bryson's club from his bag and bent it.  Now obviously that's too far(and the video was fake) but some goofy stuff like that.  What's wrong with telling Brady he sucks when he misses a putt?  

12 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

visually yes and probably fun to play but I find the holes weird. 9 seemed to be a 288 yard par 4? playing downhill and at altitude... phil hit a hybrid over the green and bryson hit a 4 iron long left. Out of curiosity, why would that play as a par 4? And there were other 4's where Brady and Rodgers were hitting it 30 yards short of the green.  Course seemed gimmicky. 

Yeah good point.  I hate the "carnival holes" but the visuals would probably make up for that.  Id be there as much for the scenery as the gold

14 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I thought all 4 were stiff and boring as fock.   Brady is a gigantic nerd and is not entertaining at all.  I wanted some real trash talk, some pranks, etc.  

Someone bark NOONAN during a putt....run over  a ball with the cart...Those kinds of things. Or at least mess around. 

There was that quick video where Mickelson took Bryson's club from his bag and bent it.  Now obviously that's too far(and the video was fake) but some goofy stuff like that.  What's wrong with telling Brady he sucks when he misses a putt?  

The bending of the club was the week before at the Rocket Mortgage. 

On the pro side, most of the young guys are pretty boring when interviewed.  It is golf, after all.   And if you match up a 22 year old pro with a 35 year old QB, there is a bit of a generational gap that becomes an issue.  The young guy may not be willing to needle the older superstar from another sport.

So, I'm not sure who you would get.   I like the suggestion of Rahm -- he's kind of an old soul.  If Justin Thomas wasn't outed as a homophobe, he probably would have been a good choice, but he's not going to get that kind of slot any time soon.  Ricky is actually kind of boring.  Morikawa seems to have a little personality, but might be just a little too nice and not yet a big enough name.   

We need a Lee Trevino on the current tour.  He would have been outstanding for an event like this.

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

The bending of the club was the week before at the Rocket Mortgage. 

I know.

16 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Would love to see Fitz, he'd be great too.

Truth be told, they should have Peyton every year - that dude is gold!

:thumbsup: