tubby_mcgee

Restaurants all over the US....worker shortage. Thanks, liberals!

25 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

No such thing as indigenous indians to the US. Indians in the US migrated here like anyone else. Indians were nomads who slaughtered each other for land and revenge. They kidnapped women from other tribes, raped them repeatedly, scalped captives alive, buried enemies up to their necks and cut their eyelids off so their eyes would bun in the sun. They formed no national government, no binding treaties on territirial rights, nothing. 

As far as they are concerned, they got what they were dishing out.

Indians have been portrayed as the most noble people to ever live. But that isn't reality.

They were vicious and nasty.  Rape, murder and torture... about as uncivilized as people can be. God bless Andrew Jackson.

but but but liberals TESTED UBI in small samples several times over the past 10 years and there were NOTHING but positive results!!!!  Therefore, handing out regular free money SIMPLY cannot be the cause!  Also, if you disagree with, you must be young and stupid!!!!!  Because I say so!!!!!!!!

/liberallogic

• Confused 1

Just now, GobbleDog said:

Indians have been portrayed as the most noble people to ever live. But that isn't reality.

They were vicious and nasty.  Rape, murder and torture... about as uncivilized as people can be. God bless Andrew Jackson.

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Yep. No one can dispute it logically.

7 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

So if no one is on it, we can get rid of it. :thumbsup:

I’m fine with getting rid of it.  I just don’t know if that would completely solve the restaurant worker shortage 

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

I’m fine with getting rid of it.  I just don’t know if that would completely solve the restaurant worker shortage 

it would solve it.

I just love the logic pretzels people twist themselves into over this issue. Some people making just over 2$ an hour working sh!t jobs for tips that can't always be counted on decided they didn't want to deal with the crappy working conditions, stagnant wages, difficult hours and a$$hole customers anymore and dropped out of the restaurant/bar industry. They're smart. They either found better work or they're soaking up whatever benefits they can get while they can get them. They're just making an intelligent financial decision. The same type of financial decision that has been made a million times over by those that own businesses. They're going to make more money for themselves, and fuk everyone that doesn't like it or gets hurt by it. They're looking out for themselves first. 

If any of you say you'd do it differently, you're either lying or stupid. In this crowd, likely both.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I just love the logic pretzels people twist themselves into over this issue. Some people making just over 2$ an hour working sh!t jobs for tips that can't always be counted on decided they didn't want to deal with the crappy working conditions, stagnant wages, difficult hours and a$$hole customers anymore and dropped out of the restaurant/bar industry. They're smart. They either found better work or they're soaking up whatever benefits they can get while they can get them. They're just making an intelligent financial decision. The same type of financial decision that has been made a million times over by those that own businesses. They're going to make more money for themselves, and fuk everyone that doesn't like it or gets hurt by it. They're looking out for themselves first. 

If any of you say you'd do it differently, you're either lying or stupid. In this crowd, likely both.

I worked it for years and loved it. i probably made more than you make today. 

Flexibility in early life circumstances are very important to people working their way through school, or whatever circumstances. 

Plus I have friends from 25 years later from those experiences and life is good. You have no idea what you are talking about rusty.

You are stupid.

• Sad 1

On 5/25/2021 at 12:27 PM, lod001 said:

You're doing great work in here. 👍

These idiots that wait too long are not going to have a seat at the table once the free $ dries up as it is in mostly R run states. 

I can't wait for that day to come. Unemployment should only go to people who are wanting to work and are actively trying to get work.

That other thread about some state may offer cash incentives for people to go back to work? Why? Just cut off all the free money. Make people prove they are applying for jobs and not turning any of them down if they get offers. Especially people who were doing unskilled labor prior to all this chinese flu mess. There is no reason they shouldn't be working 40 or more hours a week. Or whatever they need to live.

• Sad 1

On 5/25/2021 at 2:15 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

I consider 2 weeks immediate because a lot of people these days are on 2-week pay cycles.  So I'm thinking 1 pay period.  These people will realize that there's no more daddy and now they'll have to go back to work.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:07 PM, Utilit99 said:

it would solve it.

Extra unemployment been over for 18 days.  Still see now hiring signs at literally every single restaurant in town.

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry, did the end of extra Federal benefits for unemployment after under Biden? Who's the guy who started it first?

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Extra unemployment been over for 18 days.  Still see now hiring signs at literally every single restaurant in town.

Advanced child tax credit has something to do with that probably.

But also bear in mind that there's a story that isn't being told. Sure, Taco Bell can't get employees to scrub their toilets. But GrubHub can't hire enough people.

People are just Choosing different ways to make money.

Damn sure Taco Bell would drop him like a hot rock. 

11 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Advanced child tax credit has something to do with that probably.

But also bear in mind that there's a story that isn't being told. Sure, Taco Bell can't get employees to scrub their toilets. But GrubHub can't hire enough people.

People are just Choosing different ways to make money.

Damn sure Taco Bell would drop him like a hot rock. 

What are people doing to earn money in lieu of working jobs?

48 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

They’re getting education to get a better job, or working jobs where they don’t have to deal with the general public (construction, etc).

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Holy reading comprehension Batman. Re-read my post. I don't know how to say it any differently.

Lots of folks are ditching the aprons and hair nets 4 gig type jobs that they can control.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Holy reading comprehension Batman. Re-read my post. I don't know how to say it any differently.

Lots of folks are ditching the aprons and hair nets 4 gig type jobs that they can control.

Perhaps true, but is there any aggregate data to support this idea?  You’re saying the reason small businesses are struggling to fill openings is because people have gotten better jobs instead.

My wife is CEO of a company that employs roughly 60 people and they’re struggling to find people.  I work for a fortune 100 and a $90k position in Chicago recently garnered only 3 applicants.  

I see signs at all sorts of businesses in Indy— trucking, mechanical, warehouse, construction.  Maybe these are the crummy jobs people are replacing with better employment.

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

Perhaps true, but is there any aggregate data to support this idea?  You’re saying the reason small businesses are struggling to fill openings is because people have gotten better jobs instead.

My wife is CEO of a company that employs roughly 60 people and they’re struggling to find people.  I work for a fortune 100 and a $90k position in Chicago recently garnered only 3 applicants.  

I see signs at all sorts of businesses in Indy— trucking, mechanical, warehouse, construction.  Maybe these are the crummy jobs people are replacing with better employment.

I think companies are having a harder time filling "real" jobs too, but that's not because of extra unemployment.   Someone making $90k isn't replacing their income with $600/week or whatever.

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I think companies are having a harder time filling "real" jobs too, but that's not because of extra unemployment.   Someone making $90k isn't replacing their income with $600/week or whatever.

Agreed. 

I think the fast food shortages, etc are going to be short-term. They'll just have ordering kiosks. Which many already do. They'll just expand the rollout and accelerate it.

So much of this is self-inflicted. For example, just a burger at Five Guys no fries  no shake no drink, just the burger and taxes? Is more than any one of their employees makes in a single hour.

Do a lot fast food restaurants in other areas still not even have the inside open?  Seems to be the case in my area.

I think they realized they save a lot of money not having to clean.  Which is fine I guess but in my area they don’t even usually have a sign saying the inside is closed, just have the door locked.  Tried to go to Wendy’s the other day and saw a kid running around inside so assumed it was open.  Nope, must have just been one of the employees kids that they brought to work.

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I think the fast food shortages, etc are going to be short-term. They'll just have ordering kiosks. Which many already do. They'll just expand the rollout and accelerate it.

So much of this is self-inflicted. For example, just a burger at Five Guys no fries  no shake no drink, just the burger and taxes? Is more than any one of their employees makes in a single hour.

Five Guys has been a ripoff for years now. Their prices used to be reasonable 10 years ago, but I swear they raised the burger price a dollar every year since then.

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Five Guys has been a ripoff for years now. Their prices used to be reasonable 10 years ago, but I swear they raised the burger price a dollar every year since then.

They'll fail. 

And blame Covid

Went to a bar the other night...wings were listed at Market Price  .

Wtf its a chicken wing not lobster.

I guess there is a shortage of wings...

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

They'll fail. 

And blame Covid

You dopes act like the lockdowns didn't severely negatively affect restaurants over the past year and a half. 

Why do you try so hard to try to make a case for this crap?

I bet you think all the liberal riots last year didn't cost businesses many problems. 

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You dopes act like the lockdowns didn't severely negatively affect restaurants over the past year and a half. 

Why do you try so hard to try to make a case for this crap?

I bet you think all the liberal riots last year didn't cost businesses many problems. 

Why hasn't the restaurant worker labor shortage been solved yet?  Extra unemployment ended.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Why hasn't the restaurant worker labor shortage been solved yet?  Extra unemployment ended.

Liberal government. Massive spending. None of it to help small businesses. 

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Liberal government. Massive spending. None of it to help small businesses. 

that's some heavy goalpost moving you're doing

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Tyson one of the largest chicken distributors will only take deliveries from vaccinated drivers.

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

that's some heavy goalpost moving you're doing

You don't have to believe what is actually going on. You can make up your own reasons and run with them. 

Where are those unemployment teat sucking people working now that the extended unemployment benefits are over? I thought that was the reason why jobs were hard to fill. A problem pops up every time a specific group of people want to make a narrative to fit their political viewpoint. There are many reasons why jobs aren't being filled, but the damn liberals and their handouts aren't the sole cause. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I can see that.  But you are saying this phenomenon happened over night?  (Within a year)

12 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

There is.  Wings are expensive as F.  Many places stopped doing wing night because they can't sell them at a decent price.  

22 hours ago, TimHauck said:

$600 is only the Federal supplement to unemployment. Depending on where you live, states are also paying up to $850 dollars per week. 

18 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

$600 is only the Federal supplement to unemployment. Depending on where you live, states are also paying up to $850 dollars per week. 

The federal supplement had been $300 since July 2020, not $600 and most states limit their unemployment to 26 weeks. As much as people want to blame govt. handouts for the current situation, it's just a part of the issue, not the sole reason. 

• Thanks 1