tubby_mcgee

Restaurants all over the US....worker shortage. Thanks, liberals!

5 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Weren't these jobs filled before the pandemic?  Or is this going to be an excuse used by liberals as to why unlimited immigration from Mexico is a good thing?

Why does everything have to be political? We are in the midst of a once in a lifetime pandemic. There are still many people that are leery of working in situations with direct contact with others. Why do you think there is a shortage of Uber and taxi drivers and nurses?

Great plan, allow people into the country who don't speak English and have them be waiters and waitresses.

Politics has nothing to do with this, nothing. 

23 minutes ago, paulinstl said:

Why does everything have to be political? We are in the midst of a once in a lifetime pandemic. There are still many people that are leery of working in situations with direct contact with others. Why do you think there is a shortage of Uber and taxi drivers and nurses?

Great plan, allow people into the country who don't speak English and have them be waiters and waitresses.

It isn’t a Once in a lifetime pandemic, politics has made it a pandemic. Covid is here to stay, how long do you want to play the game? 
Don’t be afraid to see what you see.

16 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Went to a bar the other night...wings were listed at Market Price  .

Wtf its a chicken wing not lobster.

I guess there is a shortage of wings...

I worked with a wing place.

pre-covid= 40# case was $100

currently= 40# case is around $170-180.

they either have to raise prices or change portion size.  

52 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

It isn’t a Once in a lifetime pandemic, politics has made it a pandemic. Covid is here to stay, how long do you want to play the game? 
Don’t be afraid to see what you see.

Absolutely. 

You wouldn't have people saying, "Unvaccinated people are Republicans" if this weren't political. Unvaccinated and Republican wouldn't even be in the same sentence if this hadn't become a political virus. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I can see that.  But you are saying this phenomenon happened over night?  (Within a year)

Yeah, it happened when they realized their jobs were not secure since they were all laid off/furloughed in March 2020 (most of which would have happened for at least 6+ weeks regardless of any restrictions that were implemented).   Many of which used that time that they didn't have a job to get different education/training or a different job.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Absolutely. 

You wouldn't have people saying, "Unvaccinated people are Republicans" if this weren't political. Unvaccinated and Republican wouldn't even be in the same sentence if this hadn't become a political virus. 

That’s just facts. 88% of Dems are vaccinated vs. 55% of Republicans. Only 46% of people who support Trump more than the GOP are vaccinated. Link

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, paulinstl said:

Because everything is political.  I didn't make it so, but I can't help but notice the anticipated politicization of a topic before it happens.  The left is very predictable in this way.

The logical conclusion of your comments in this thread is that there are people able to work these jobs, but don't want to be in close proximity to others, though they are not receiving unemployment benefits.  There's a hole in that conclusion somewhere.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

That’s just facts. 88% of Dems are vaccinated vs. 55% of Republicans. Only 46% of people who support Trump more than the GOP are vaccinated. Link

It’s a poll and has no facts behind it but believe what you want. The 2 group with the highest unvaccinated rates are Black Americans and people with advanced degrees.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, MDC said:

IMO polls do not equal facts. 

I'd be interesting in seeing the actual questions on these polls. I know plenty of Republicans (that doesn't mean they are Trump supporters, BTW), that got vaccinated.  

3 hours ago, MDC said:

these numbers are completely made up and if you trust them then you may be even more gullible than I thought 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

It’s a poll and has no facts behind it but believe what you want. The 2 group with the highest unvaccinated rates are Black Americans and people with advanced degrees.

Link?

The only thing I saw on "advanced degrees" being hesitant was based on a facebook poll, and it was only referring to PhD's as being somewhat hesitant.  Those with Masters and MD's/JD's were not.   And the PhD data was later retracted due to the fact that they couldn't trust the self-reported data from facebook.  In addition, even the initial data still showed PhD's as being less hesitant than those living in areas with the 2 highest quartile Trump votes.

I wonder if paulie still thinks this isn't political? 

9 hours ago, MDC said:

That link to a POLL is wack.  It’s says 76% of AA’s are vaccinated.  :lol:

it’s widely known the AA community is lagging behind on getting vaccinated. There have been news specials about it on all kinds of networks.  

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/569483-why-arent-black-americans-getting-vaccinated

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/07/vaccine-equity-black-americans-biden-491973

17 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah, it happened when they realized their jobs were not secure since they were all laid off/furloughed in March 2020 (most of which would have happened for at least 6+ weeks regardless of any restrictions that were implemented).   Many of which used that time that they didn't have a job to get different education/training or a different job.

Is there data to support this?  I don’t wanna throw anecdotal evidence at this in response again, like I did before.  The way I understand your position is this: people aren’t driving trucks, warehousing, waiting tables, doing construction, etc because they got better jobs.

Must be all those new really well paying green energy jobs that are taking our local busboys.  Err I mean buspersons.

17 hours ago, MDC said:

What a tard. Polls are useless.

35 minutes ago, LOD01 said:

What a tard. Polls are useless.

Your feelings are what matter. :( 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Your feelings are what matter. :( 

MDC that poll is wildly flawed.  There are two groups who lag behind in vaccinations.  Rural community whites and African Americans.  They both have one thing in common albeit for different reasons.  General distrust of government and/or Big Pharma.  

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

MDC that poll is wildly flawed.  There are two groups who lag behind in vaccinations.  Rural community whites and African Americans.  They both have one thing in common albeit for different reasons.  General distrust of government and/or Big Pharma.  

More overt racism from cuck, based in fake news.

Here are the facts, they may contradict a fake NBC "poll". :lol:

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/percent-of-total-population-that-has-received-a-covid-19-vaccine-by-race-ethnicity/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel={"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"}

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

Is there data to support this?  I don’t wanna throw anecdotal evidence at this in response again, like I did before.  The way I understand your position is this: people aren’t driving trucks, warehousing, waiting tables, doing construction, etc because they got better jobs.

I was mostly referring to the restaurant industry, which seems to be the hardest hit:

https://www.nrn.com/workforce/four-reasons-workers-are-staying-away-restaurant-industry-and-what-you-can-do-about-it

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/14/us-restaurant-workers-covid-pandemic-labor-shortages

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/09/17/fast-food-labor-shortage/

26 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This is a fair statement.  But for some reason Republicans (which "rural community whites" overwhelmingly are) don't want to admit that they have low vaccination rates also, instead just saying "but what about the blacks???"

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Thanks for the data.  So 52% vs. 43% for white vs. black, not a crazy difference, and of course the white number is being increased by white Democrats.   This is evident because in the Southern states the gap is closer, with blacks actually have a higher percentage vaccinated than whites in Louisiana and Mississippi, and equal in Alabama and West Virginia.

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

MDC that poll is wildly flawed. 

Because there was a problem with the methodology? Or because you don’t like the result? 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, MDC said:

True or false?  No one asked about party affiliation when getting vaccinated.

20 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

I wonder if paulie still thinks this isn't political? 

I was referring to the lack of service workers, nothing more. It's everybody here who wants to make more of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/20/2021 at 1:46 PM, MDC said:

Statistical facts only count when you want them to.

blacks = bad

9 hours ago, MDC said:

Because there was a problem with the methodology? Or because you don’t like the result? 

Because the "poll" where they randomly ask people questions normally over a phone is different than hard data.  i.e. when you fill out a form before you get vaccinated.  I'm just saying as soon as I saw 76% of AA's were vaccinated it was clear as day your link was trash as all other hard data is nowhere even close to that.  

IIRC I filled out a small form before my vaccination.  Name, gender, race, age etc.  You know the normal stuff.  I don't recall if I had to write down who I voted for.  :lol:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

True or false?  No one asked about party affiliation when getting vaccinated.

Bingo, I just pointed that out and didn't see your post.  They have data based on forms filled out when you get vaccinated.  Age, race, ect.  

A random poll where they call people is trash.  Just like the "polls" in 2016 election.  

4 hours ago, paulinstl said:

I was referring to the lack of service workers, nothing more. It's everybody here who wants to make more of it.

Exactly, because they just want to blame every negative thing on a president who represents the opposing party. 

The worker shortage in the service industry is people not wanting to work thanks to stimulus checks and unemployment combined with people not coming back to restaurants and doing other things plus the insane demand for workers with so much opening at once.

It's similar to car inventory. The pandemic postponed buyer timetables, and then came a buying spree that destroyed inventory. 

But posters here will jam their square beliefs peg into a round political hole every chance they get and not read past a headline.

Dumb.

34 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Because the "poll" where they randomly ask people questions normally over a phone is different than hard data.  i.e. when you fill out a form before you get vaccinated.  I'm just saying as soon as I saw 76% of AA's were vaccinated it was clear as day your link was trash as all other hard data is nowhere even close to that.  

IIRC I filled out a small form before my vaccination.  Name, gender, race, age etc.  You know the normal stuff.  I don't recall if I had to write down who I voted for.  :lol:

You know that polls are typically conducted by phone with a margin of error right? Okay he difference is that this one made you sad and mad. :( :lol: 

32 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Bingo, I just pointed that out and didn't see your post.  They have data based on forms filled out when you get vaccinated.  Age, race, ect.  

A random poll where they call people is trash.  Just like the "polls" in 2016 election.  

The 2016 polls said Hilkary would win the popular vote  by 3%.

She won it by 2%. :mellow: 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Yup.  All polls are garbage.

So @MDC you stand by the 76% of African Americans are vaccinated poll result you posted?  I’ll even give you a 5% margin of error both ways.  

You stand by that?  Yes or no. 

:lol:

28 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

When she told me my pole was garbage. 😥

Put it in her azz next time then.  That'll serve her right.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

The 2016 polls said Hilkary would win the popular vote  by 3%.

She won it by 2%. :mellow: 

Just like George H Bush over Clinton?