Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

RTSports ADPs

I guess if I'm not allowed to link to an outside resource, someone will take this down, but I found it interesting to look at the "Trend" column over the past month (since the draft) in this ADP chart of RTSports leagues (real money leagues mostly from $20 to $250).  I also like that you can view ADPs from PPR scoring leagues, Best Ball leagues, and Superflex (2 QB) leagues, as well as their own Fantasy Championship leagues.  (Sorry they're not antiquated enough to care about standard scoring leagues.)

RTSports ADPs

A few notes of interest to me...

WTF is Jonathan Taylor doing in the 1st round?  Don't they know Marlon Mack is back?  And Taylor is from Wisconsin.

We can see Najee Harris is up 17 slots to an ADP of #16 overall--which means he was already being drafted much more highly at RTSports than he had been at Fantasy Football Calculator.

Trey Sermon got the biggest post-draft bump of any player I see; up 53 slots to pick 96 (end of the 8th round in 12 teamers).  Mike Davis jumped 29 points to pick 55, and Myles Gaskin got a pretty solid 27-slot gain to pick 48.

Cincinnati WRs took a hit with the drafting of Chase; down 17 points for Tee Higgins and down 19 points for Tyler Boyd, but Hayden Hurst took the biggest post-draft dive, from 125 all the way down to 205.  That's more than twice the 37 slot drop that Jeff Wilson took--and he's injured!  I just can't believe Pitts is going to make the other former first round TE obsolete from Day 1, so Hurst is definitely a good emergency TE that can at least get you through a few weeks until you can make other arrangements.

It's also interesting that Etienne went DOWN 9 slots after the draft--to pick 46!  Was he really being drafted at the 3/4 turn BEFORE the NFL draft?  I like Etienne more than most, but I don't think I'd be drafting him in the 4th round.  But I guess he's why James Robinson plummeted 30 slots from #23 overall before the draft.

More as I notice it...

Johnathan Taylor is going very high in some mock drafts I've seen. I kind of understand the hype but I don't much think I would draft him in the 1st round.

Look at the three RBs that go after him, Zeke, Chubb, and Aaron Jones. I don't see taking Taylor over any of them.  He had a good rookie season and I'm sure people are banking on an uptick in numbers with a year's experience. That's risky though, Zeke's best season was his rookie one, same with Barkley.

14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I guess if I'm not allowed to link to an outside resource, someone will take this down, but I found it interesting to look at the "Trend" column over the past month (since the draft) in this ADP chart of RTSports leagues (real money leagues mostly from $20 to $250).  I also like that you can view ADPs from PPR scoring leagues, Best Ball leagues, and Superflex (2 QB) leagues, as well as their own Fantasy Championship leagues.  (Sorry they're not antiquated enough to care about standard scoring leagues.)

RTSports ADPs

A few notes of interest to me...

WTF is Jonathan Taylor doing in the 1st round?  Don't they know Marlon Mack is back?  And Taylor is from Wisconsin.

We can see Najee Harris is up 17 slots to an ADP of #16 overall--which means he was already being drafted much more highly at RTSports than he had been at Fantasy Football Calculator.

Trey Sermon got the biggest post-draft bump of any player I see; up 53 slots to pick 96 (end of the 8th round in 12 teamers).  Mike Davis jumped 29 points to pick 55, and Myles Gaskin got a pretty solid 27-slot gain to pick 48.

Cincinnati WRs took a hit with the drafting of Chase; down 17 points for Tee Higgins and down 19 points for Tyler Boyd, but Hayden Hurst took the biggest post-draft dive, from 125 all the way down to 205.  That's more than twice the 37 slot drop that Jeff Wilson took--and he's injured!  I just can't believe Pitts is going to make the other former first round TE obsolete from Day 1, so Hurst is definitely a good emergency TE that can at least get you through a few weeks until you can make other arrangements.

It's also interesting that Etienne went DOWN 9 slots after the draft--to pick 46!  Was he really being drafted at the 3/4 turn BEFORE the NFL draft?  I like Etienne more than most, but I don't think I'd be drafting him in the 4th round.  But I guess he's why James Robinson plummeted 30 slots from #23 overall before the draft.

More as I notice it...

Where do you think CeeDee Lamb should be drafted?

If Dak stays healthy I see him being a WR1 this season, no worse than a strong WR2

5 hours ago, polecatt said:

Johnathan Taylor is going very high in some mock drafts I've seen. I kind of understand the hype but I don't much think I would draft him in the 1st round.

Look at the three RBs that go after him, Zeke, Chubb, and Aaron Jones. I don't see taking Taylor over any of them.  He had a good rookie season and I'm sure people are banking on an uptick in numbers with a year's experience. That's risky though, Zeke's best season was his rookie one, same with Barkley.

Yeah, Marlon Mack was a pretty solid RB before he got hurt; if he's all the way back, he's going to be (at a minimum) a credible 1B to Taylor's 1A--and Hines will still get his passing down duties.

Of all the current RBs with 1st-round ADPs, Taylor is the one most likely to return a RB2 performance

5 hours ago, polecatt said:

Where do you think CeeDee Lamb should be drafted?

If Dak stays healthy I see him being a WR1 this season, no worse than a strong WR2

Ya think?  For the first five weeks of 2020, when Dak was healthy, Lamb was the #11 PPR WR--in his first five games as a rookie.  In a COVID year with no preseason and little practice.

Did I emphasize that enough?

Lamb's current 4th round ADP is highly attractive, and I really wouldn't feel bad about drafting him as early as the 2/3 turn, presuming I drafted a blue-chjp RB in the 1st and can add Lamb along with the falling RB/WR of my choice (or heck, even Mahomes)--which is to say that I would give Lamb about the same consideration I would give DK Metcalf, Justin Jefferson, A.J. Brown, Calvin Ridley or Michael Thomas in an auction--but he's probably going to fall to someone with a later draft slot (7-12) in snake drafts.

He probably finishes the season somewhere in the WR5-WR8 range.

If Mack returns and is ready to go Taylor is an awful first round pick, two first round picks that don’t make any since, Taylor and Kelce, never draft a te before double digit rounds. 

In his first four games last season the Dak was avg 50 att per game, that would equal out to 800 for the season, ain’t going to happen. 

I would  think the Zeke is a top three rb in ppr or non , and he’ll have at least 70 plus more touches this next season. 

Now Lamb was the 11th best wr in ppr during those  first four games, but his own teammate was even better , I still think Cooper is the better pick and isn’t being draft that much higher than Lamb at this current time, , and Lamb ADP will even get closer has this off season gets closer to the start of the regular season. 

I think we’ll see Cooper end up as a low wr1 and Lamb as a high wr2. 

I hope everyone is doing good and staying healthy , peace comfort and joy . 

Amen 

On 5/29/2021 at 4:15 PM, AxeElf said:

Yeah, Marlon Mack was a pretty solid RB before he got hurt; if he's all the way back, he's going to be (at a minimum) a credible 1B to Taylor's 1A--and Hines will still get his passing down duties.

Of all the current RBs with 1st-round ADPs, Taylor is the one most likely to return a RB2 performance

Ya think?  For the first five weeks of 2020, when Dak was healthy, Lamb was the #11 PPR WR--in his first five games as a rookie.  In a COVID year with no preseason and little practice.

Did I emphasize that enough?

Lamb's current 4th round ADP is highly attractive, and I really wouldn't feel bad about drafting him as early as the 2/3 turn, presuming I drafted a blue-chjp RB in the 1st and can add Lamb along with the falling RB/WR of my choice (or heck, even Mahomes)--which is to say that I would give Lamb about the same consideration I would give DK Metcalf, Justin Jefferson, A.J. Brown, Calvin Ridley or Michael Thomas in an auction--but he's probably going to fall to someone with a later draft slot (7-12) in snake drafts.

He probably finishes the season somewhere in the WR5-WR8 range.

Oh yes, I know, I drafted him on my dynasty team along with Jeudy and Ruggs.

He was carrying my team at WR the early part of the season along with Robbie Anderson. It's PPR and we get a big bonus for long TD plays. He was ranked 7th when Dak went out.

I'm fully banking on him being a strong WR1 this season.

He’ll be a high wr2. 

On 5/29/2021 at 2:15 PM, AxeElf said:

yeah, it is hard to say how much Mack will dig into Taylors workload.

if hes the #2 guy there now, I'd suggest he still gets enough carries to hurt Taylors value.    To me, this makes him a very risky first round pick.

but if I'm drafting in any format and I see this, I'm happy to see it.   That means there is a better shot of a good player dropping to me on my next pick.   I have no problem with it whatsoever.