Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

RI mom says she could face lawsuit after demanding answers on CRT curriculum in elementary school

Screw that. If they didn't share the curriculum at first request I'm pulling my kid from that school.

Add this bullshlt to the creepy joe's America list.

A Rhode Island mother said Wednesday she could face a lawsuit for seeking information about critical race theory material that was being taught to her daughter in school.

"I wanted to speak out because I have to fight for my daughter's education and I'm in a special position. I don't have a job to lose because I'm a stay-at-home mom. My daughter is just starting out in school. So if I have to send her to private school, I will," Nicole Solas told "Fox & Friends." 

When Solas enrolled her daughter in school, she said she wanted to know if they were doing anything with gender theory or anti-racism. 

She called the principal and was told that they don't refer to "kids as boys and girls." 

"I was also told that they refrain from using gendered terminology in general terms of anti-racism. I was told that kids in kindergarten are asked what could have been done differently at Thanksgiving, and this struck me as a way to shame children for their American heritage," Solas said. 

After failing to get meaningful answers, Solas sought to see the curriculum for herself, which was a challenge. She had not yet gotten a copy of the curriculum after requesting it.

Solas was advised by the school district to submit a public records request through the Access to Public Records Act. Upon receiving some information, Solas said she "did not see any evidence of gender theory or anti-racism" but knew that it was being taught to students.

She continued to use the APRA request system to seek answers to more of her questions.

"I have a lot of questions. I'm asking them. I wish that my questions would have been answered without having to do it this way. But they told me to do it with their own questions. They're teaching something that they're trying to hide from you. … They're being opaque about it."

Solas said the school district was scheduled to meet about possible legal action over her request. According to a local report, a school committee was considering a lawsuit to challenge Solas' requests. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rhode-island-mother-lawsuit-critical-race-theory-requests

A “stay at home mom” whose kid goes to school—aka she doesn’t do sh1t.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

If they are really trying to hide it, that is indicative that they know what they are doing is wrong.

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Looks to me like she is looking out for her kid's education. Maybe if your mom did that you wouldn't be a retard blaming other kid's mom's for looking out for their own. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Whats raciss about Thanksgiving? :unsure:

White man speak with forked tongue

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You ain't exactly killing it in the relationship department. Maybe time to retool the attitude. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You ain't exactly killing it in the relationship department. Maybe time to retool the attitude. :dunno:

:blink:

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

If they are really trying to hide it, that is indicative that they know what they are doing is wrong.

It's like little kids trying to hide something from their parents. Except this is grown adults trying to hide something from other's parents.

12 minutes ago, DonS said:

White man speak with forked tongue

I learned that we celebrated a harvest with Native Americans. :dunno:

Just now, jerryskids said:

I learned that we celebrated a harvest with Native Americans. :dunno:

So did I, but that was obviously a lie because everything whitey has ever done is evil.   :nono:

Just a matter of time before kindergarteners making the classic Thanksgiving hand turkeys art projects is somehow tied to genocide or something. 

20 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I skimmed the article.  Did it say she had no younger children?

When exactly did calling eachother he and she become a no no in schools?  Seems to be gaining steam quickly.  Weird times.

She's doing the Lords work right there.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

This. If you have to hide it then you shouldn’t be doing it. Plus, kindergarten? Seriously? They don’t even have the mental capacity to do stuff like this and use critical thinking. What they’re doing is the definition of indoctrination. Start them young when they don’t know any better and raise them believing because they’re white they’re automatically wrong

To find out what is really being taught somebody needs to have a kid wearing a wire or with a spy cam in their backpack.  Project Veritas Junior. :pointstosky:

It is time for a SCOTUS redo

Brown vs Board of Ed - throw it out. 

Just wait until google / facebook algorithms are tied to the school system.  Schools will start profiling parents and if they are deemed to be anything but radical left, they will place their kids into intense brainwashing.

Just now, Fireballer said:

Strange take, but OK.

I thought the same thing. Why bust on a mom that wants to know what her kid is being taught at the school she is paying them to teach math, spelling, etc ...?

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

See the indoctrinated leftist? I disagree with you, so you’re deficient.  You would think that the losing steak these arrogant know it all’s are on would humble them a little bit, but no.  Same guy that calls people “anti intellectual”.  Look at him. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

See the indoctrinated leftist? I disagree with you, so you’re deficient.  You would think that the losing steak these arrogant know it all’s are on would humble them a little bit, but no.  Same guy that calls people “anti intellectual”.  Look at him. 

You’re one of the cucks Bill Burr was talking about:

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You’re one of the cucks Bill Burr was talking about:

Tranlation:

HT's not wrong, but Im just gonna make fun of him

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Tranlation:

HT's not wrong, but Im just gonna make fun of him

It's all the liberals have left. Name calling, or violence. There is absolutely nothing left for them to stand up for given what the democrats are doing these days.

If 2022 voting goes bad for conservative voters, we are all focked. 

I just watched a zoom conference about my district's new curriculum about race. It's some young white male teacher that put it together.

There aren't a lot of details on what they are teaching. The presentation did mention they will discuss the history of racism in our local community (redlining etc). I'm fine teaching this stuff. He cited Ibram Kendi a few times and mentioned that everyone on the zoom call should go read his work but didn't say what parts of Kendi's work would be included in curriculum.

He also addressed the topic of parents that don't want their kids learning this stuff. He stressed they aren't indoctrinating anyone's children into an ideology, but only presenting information to them. Nowhere in the presentation did he say that they were also presenting views of prominent blacks that oppose CRT, like John McWhorter or Coleman Hughes. So not all information is being provided, only the information that the district wants the children to see. I would not be surprised if my district has my kids apologizing for their whiteness within 5 years. It's just insanity how fast this is moving.

I am strongly opposed to teaching religion in schools because I am very uncomfortable with the state indoctrinating children into any religion or ideology. This is right along those same lines. It's seems like something you would see in a dictatorship, not here. 

11 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I just watched a zoom conference about my district's new curriculum about race. It's some young white male teacher that put it together.

There aren't a lot of details on what they are teaching. The presentation did mention they will discuss the history of racism in our local community (redlining etc). I'm fine teaching this stuff. He cited Ibram Kendi a few times and mentioned that everyone on the zoom call should go read his work but didn't say what parts of Kendi's work would be included in curriculum.

He also addressed the topic of parents that don't want their kids learning this stuff. He stressed they aren't indoctrinating anyone's children into an ideology, but only presenting information to them. Nowhere in the presentation did he say that they were also presenting views of prominent blacks that oppose CRT, like John McWhorter or Coleman Hughes. So not all information is being provided, only the information that the district wants the children to see. I would not be surprised if my district has my kids apologizing for their whiteness within 5 years. It's just insanity how fast this is moving.

I am strongly opposed to teaching religion in schools because I am very uncomfortable with the state indoctrinating children into any religion or ideology. This is right along those same lines. It's seems like something you would see in a dictatorship, not here. 

I don't think any state schools are teaching religion. But you are right. This BS is simply wrong. I wouldn't let my kid go there. But, it's not so easy for some parents to pick and choose or up and move. 

This crap needs to be lashed out at. Can't be accepting what the liberals want to teach to kids. Fight it in one way or another. Let the black parents send their kids to these schools if that is what they want. Teach black kids that all the white people hate them now and ever since way before they were born. Let them all be the racists.

17 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Your kids are fuked.  

I agree. I've already spoken with my wife and shes not opposed to private schools. I am unsure. I dont want to isolate them from views I disagree with, I would just like them to be presented with both sides. Again, that is not happening here.

Schools should be spending time on Math, Science, etc. This is just a bullshi!t waste of time that makes some teacher feel better about whatever white guilt hes carrying around.

The most disturbing part to me is that this is 100% the state trying to mold my child into what they decide is a good little citizen, whether I like it or not. And as previously stated they are trying to do this without parents knowing. In my district, there is information but it is very vague. In the earlier example, they are actively trying to prevent parents from knowing what their own children are being taught. I would think liberals and conservatives could come together and agree that this is wrong, but this thread serves as an example of some liberals here just ignoring or mocking it because...well...because screw Repubs!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Hey good post.  I agree.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Is it possible, nay likely, that you guys are overreacting just a wee bit?

Overreacting about a school wanting to teach little kids that they are racist if they are white?

You're a focking idiot.

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Overreacting about a school wanting to teach little kids that they are racist if they are white?

You're a focking idiot.

He's the one who couldn't find a reason to condemn Netflix for the "Cuties" bullsh!t so you gotta know he's gonna downplay anything that indoctrinates kids into warped leftist thought.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You're a focking idiot.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Is it possible, nay likely, that you guys are overreacting just a wee bit?

See above…

Thank you Baby Jebus that my kids have graduated from college - with real degrees and jobs - so I don't have to worry about this sh1t.

Hopefully things settle down before any grandkids enter the picture. 🤞

11 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

It's all the liberals have left. Name calling, or violence. There is absolutely nothing left for them to stand up for given what the democrats are doing these days.

If 2022 voting goes bad for conservative voters, we are all focked. 

People who care, like this mom, have to run for local school boards, win, and start reversing these practices.

15 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I hear some people have more than one kid...

11 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I hear some people have more than one kid...

He's just been so bitter and hateful all the time lately, spewing his diarrhea everywhere. A few days ago, he spammed the board with nonsense.