Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Starting My Ghetto Drive Inn Back Up

29 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

So... one can watch a movie in balls ass heat being eaten by mosquitos?

My sister does this too. I don't get it. 

Mosquitos was never a issue last year and hot as heck.  If they are will burn some candles. I don't live in the woods anymore and they aren't bad in the city. Fun times and usually have a lot family & friends over watching the movie. Reason I do it I miss the Drive Inn days, Only movies they show at the Drive Inn Movies 30  miles from me are all kids  animation movies.

I play some bad arse sh!t too. Platoon, Southern Comfort The Wanderers and etc. I do play kid friendly ones like Silver Bullet & Lost Boys.

2 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Mosquitos was never a issue last year and hot as heck.  If they are will burn some candles. I don't live in the woods anymore and they aren't bad in the city. Fun times and usually have a lot family & friends over watching the movie. Reason I do it I miss the Drive Inn days, Only movies they show at the Drive Inn Movies 30  miles from me are all kids  animation movies.

Fair enough. I've never actually been to a drive in. The only one in Memphis as a teenager was in the ghetto, and only showed pron. I think Some hipsters opened one in recent Years though.

And my brothers house backs up to Swampy woods. It's brutal.

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Cool.  What is your setup?

Don't get too excited.  It's just a slide projector and a cvm stained bedsheet.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Don't get too excited.  It's just a slide projector and a cvm stained bedsheet.  

This reminds me of the dog I had when I was a kid.  His name was Stains.  One morning when I let him out he ran off and never came back.  I must have stood at that door for hours calling for him until pops whooped my ass.

COME STAINS!!!  COME STAINS!!!  

:cry:

• Like 1

Is the African Amurican dude you had a falling out with invited?  :(

8 hours ago, fandandy said:

Cool.  What is your setup?

I bought a $135 projector of Amazon and a $70 80 inch white screen with poles. I hook my firestick to the projector and use my bluetooth speaker. Works and looks pretty darn good. I also watch sports on it outside now and then as well.

25 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Yep we are still Bros but just haven't hanged out much lately.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

I bought a $135 projector of Amazon and a $70 80 inch white screen with poles. I hook my firestick to the projector and use my bluetooth speaker. Works and looks pretty darn good. I also what sports on it outside now and then as well.

Awesome.  There is a wall on the backside of the store garage that I have often thought about doing something similar to.  Prolly never will but I had never thought of hooking a firestick to a projector.  That's pretty slick.

Just now, fandandy said:

Awesome.  There is a wall on the backside of the store garage that I have often thought about doing something similar to.  Prolly never will but I had never thought of hooking a firestick to a projector.  That's pretty slick.

Yea it's pretty cool and the wall would work. My Buddy made his own screen and painted ir gray and hung it to his shed. His setup turn out pretty good as well.

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Fair enough. I've never actually been to a drive in. The only one in Memphis as a teenager was in the ghetto, and only showed pron. I think Some hipsters opened one in recent Years though.

And my brothers house backs up to Swampy woods. It's brutal.

I grew up loving the Drive Inn and funny story my dad took me and my friend to one in FLA. Was some low budget knock off movie of King Kong, They had another screen in the back that was showing pron. My dad turnaround and caught us watching that one lol. Yea your brothers place doesn't sound like the best place for one.

I have a 65 inch tv in the backyard. Watch football in the pool in september. It's focking awesome. 

Drive Inn starts tonight Zilla vs Kong, was going to to rent it on prime for 5 to 6 bucks. Amazon wont let you rent it and wants you to buy it for $30. F no and have it ready to go for free! What is a matter with Amazon and there movie prices  ? They are so greedy they actually get nothing from me and many others that was willing to pay.

On 6/3/2021 at 8:58 PM, shorepatrol said:

I have a 65 inch tv in the backyard. Watch football in the pool in september. It's focking awesome. 

Very cool!

On 6/3/2021 at 6:50 PM, Mookz said:

Bro said he will be here tonight.

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Drive Inn starts tonight Zilla vs Kong, was going to to rent it on prime for 5 to 6 bucks. Amazon wont let you rent it and wants you to buy it for $30. F no and have it ready to go for free! What is a matter with Amazon and there movie prices  ? They are so greedy they actually get nothing from me and many others that was willing to pay.

Now it's ghetto

4 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Bro said he will be here tonight.

Nice!  Give him my best and one day he might be in the market for Toyota door handles.  :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Mookz said:

Nice!  Give him my best and one day he might be in the market for Toyota door handles.  :thumbsup:

Will do and when I went to get beer a bit ago my driver side window won't roll up now.

22 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Will do and when I went to get beer a bit ago my driver side window won't roll up now.

Dammit :mad:

If there's rain in the forecast we may have to break out the tarp again.  

58 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Dammit :mad:

If there's rain in the forecast we may have to break out the tarp again.  

I have a towel shut in it for now covering it.

I have a appointment with the garage a block away for Tuesday. So now I have to run around with no window for a week. Was reading up on the motors for one window, around $50 to $100. Probably close to $200 counting labor. I miss roll down windows and no reason for the change!

Might have to duct tape some plastic up till then. That means me and the GF will have to exit out of the passenger door when done driving.  Since none of the inside door handles work;

Going to see if they can fix them another time.

Oh Ghetto Drive Inn sucked and my friend didn't come over, Had a decent copy of Kong vs Zilla ready. My mom came out to watch and step on the cord and shut everything down. Eventually got things going again but couldn't find the good feed I had. Watched one that kept freezing up and got tired of it. We ended up watching two EP;s of Last Man Standing.