Sign in to follow this  
Crestwood 2

Any Chicago bros or hoes here?

Fock, moved her a year ago. Great part of the city ..  River North. Has turned to absolute trash lately. ( Save your comments HT, we all know you live in a safe nest outside of nyc and hate Chicago)

I mean wtf, so I live in a very tall building on the river, ( guess which one 🤔) . Starts with the letter T

Man, it’s craziness outside. The homelessness, the police presence (love them)  but the drug dealers are unreal. I’m not a cop but I look like a cop lol.  The fuckin cocaine trade is unbelievable here... forget the weed. 

rant over 

Spent half my life there. Didn't live in the city tthough but for only a year or so. Otherwise in the west burbs.

Used to be focking awesome on the north side. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Fock, moved her a year ago. Great part of the city ..  River North. Has turned to absolute trash lately. ( Save your comments HT, we all know you live in a safe nest outside of nyc and hate Chicago)

I mean wtf, so I live in a very tall building on the river, ( guess which one 🤔) . Starts with the letter T

Man, it’s craziness outside. The homelessness, the police presence (love them)  but the drug dealers are unreal. I’m not a cop but I look like a cop lol.  The fuckin cocaine trade is unbelievable here... forget the weed. 

rant over 

I’ve been to Chicago a couple of times. Had a great time   Don’t hate it at all. Probably won’t go back though. Shame, I loved Wrigley. 

I hear the Arlington race track may close within a year. Better go before it does. I visited once and it was beautiful.  Gonna be razed in favor of a giant residential development soon, barring a financial miracle.

@Moz was from there, i do not even feel bad about the money.  I have his email and tried looking him up a few years ago but could not find him.

Another one bites the dust.

33 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I hear the Arlington race track may close within a year. Better go before it does. I visited once and it was beautiful.  Gonna be razed in favor of a giant residential development soon, barring a financial miracle.

It is beautiful. Been to the Arlington Million as well. Sad to see it go. Hope the Bears buy the space for a new stadium.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Lived downtown for about 6 months 15 years ago and loved it. Have visited a handful of times since. No intentions of going back anytime soon.

5 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Oh that's terrible news.    I grew up in Evanston.  Spent some time in the Chgo burbs after college.   Used to ride up there.  Sit in the bleachers, have a beer or two on a warm day and watch the races.   Was so beautiful there.  Some great memories.

Standing right next to the rail as they fly by at top speed is really something.  That's sad news.

8 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I think there have been talks of the Bears building a stadium in place of the track.  I hope they do because it's terrible getting to and from Soldier Field on game days.

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’ve been to Chicago a couple of times. Had a great time   Don’t hate it at all. Probably won’t go back though. Shame, I loved Wrigley. 

Yeah. It really is a shame. Wrigley is beautiful. Been there once. 2.5 billion renovation last couple years. Definitely one of those iconic ballparks 

2 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Yeah. It really is a shame. Wrigley is beautiful. Been there once. 2.5 billion renovation last couple years. Definitely one of those iconic ballparks 

It's not Wrigley anymore from what I see on TV. Old Comiskey was better IMO. Both were great though.  

11 hours ago, Crestwood 2 said:

rant over 

We lived in Chicago (West Town) before we moved to MI.  Pre-pandemic, we would take 10-12 trips into the city every year.  Ball games, restaurants, concerts, meet up with friends, whatever.   

We haven't been back since all the nonsense started.  

Reading your post, and hearing similar things from others makes me wonder if we ever will.  

I’ve actually not been inside... just have seen the outside lol. I think they put on a retractable roof or something. But it’s amazing to see.... right in the center of town. 

Just now, vuduchile said:

We lived in Chicago (West Town) before we moved to MI.  Pre-pandemic, we would take 10-12 trips into the city every year.  Ball games, restaurants, concerts, meet up with friends, whatever.   

We haven't been back since all the nonsense started.  

Reading your post, and hearing similar things from others makes me wonder if we ever will.  

Yeah, I hear ya. I think all big cities are going through the same thing. I’ve always been a “city” guy... couldn’t stand the burbs. Grew up in south jersey, went to school in Philly, lived in Manhattan for 8 years, DC for 6, Chicago for one. 

I’ll tell you though, somebody is trying to keep this city beautiful and it ain’t the mayor.  I live a few blocks from Michigan Ave. We have beautiful tulips and human feces everywhere.  I’m still trying to figure this city out lol

I went to conference in downtown 25 years go...we stop the car at a light and kids run up start washing windows...guys peddling jewelry...homeless beggin for food...i admit I was culture shocked

I think NYC and Chicago have the same issue: Young wokesters from elsewhere moved there, got good jobs and focked everything up. 

3 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I went to conference in downtown 25 years go...we stop the car at a light and kids run up start washing windows...guys peddling jewelry...homeless beggin for food...i admit I was culture shocked

Yeah, homelessness and addicts are out of control here. I live in a nice part of the city but holy shiot, the second I step outside I’m stepping in shiot (dog or person) , being offered cocaine at Dunkin Donuts., stepping over homeless people.  

I am very compassionate about the homeless people and my wife and I try to help them out as much as we can. It’s out of control though. Rarely give cash but we hand out donated shiot.  

otherwise....most beautiful city in the world. The rivers, the lake.. convince me otherwise 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think NYC and Chicago have the same issue: Young wokesters from elsewhere moved there, got good jobs and focked everything up. 

Probably. I know that’s definitely NYC’s issue. Still trying to figure out Chicago.  

1 hour ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Probably. I know that’s definitely NYC’s issue. Still trying to figure out Chicago.  

The problem with Chicago is poor leadership.  When I lived there, Daly and the cops kept tighter reigns on the undesirables.   There've always been criminals and homeless folks, but they were kept in check outside the ghettos.  

Yeah, this is true.

I can’t believe this mayor. Lightfoot would definitely kick Deblasios  ass as worst mayor of all time. She’s known as Beetlejuice here 😂😂😂

A few years back on PBS they had a show about "greatest hot dog restaurants in America" one of which featured Chicago's SuperDawg.  So when I was there I had to go.  Turned out to be a run down building, cramped inside, no AC, and ghetto employees.  The hot dog was good though. I'll never forget the menu... Supercheesie, Whooperburger, Whoopercheesie, etc.

On 6/4/2021 at 8:51 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

I think there have been talks of the Bears building a stadium in place of the track.  I hope they do because it's terrible getting to and from Soldier Field on game days.

I doubt it will be any better at Arlington. Traffic sucks everywhere around the city

On 6/4/2021 at 12:43 PM, vuduchile said:

The problem with Chicago is poor leadership.  When I lived there, Daly and the cops kept tighter reigns on the undesirables.   There've always been criminals and homeless folks, but they were kept in check outside the ghettos.  

His dad segregated the city. Made sure no one caused too much trouble in the nice parts of town

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

His dad segregated the city. Made sure no one caused too much trouble in the nice parts of town

Yes.  Except for Cabrini Green, which was finally torn down. But given it's proximity to the Gold Coast, the violence and mayhem there was still pretty self-contained. Now it sounds like Lighthead and the cops let the riff-raff roam free all over.  

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Yes.  Except for Cabrini Green, which was finally torn down. But given it's proximity to the Gold Coast, the violence and mayhem there was still pretty self-contained. Now it sounds like Lighthead and the cops let the riff-raff roam free all over.  

Cabrini Green  reminds me of vampires (the residents) and jane byrne (the mayor).

That place needed to be wiped out, just like a bunch of neighborhoods in Chicago today need to be wiped out.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

It’s really focking strange . Gold Coast is obviously the “it” neighborhood but so many crackheads there

6 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

A few years back on PBS they had a show about "greatest hot dog restaurants in America" one of which featured Chicago's SuperDawg.  So when I was there I had to go.  Turned out to be a run down building, cramped inside, no AC, and ghetto employees.  The hot dog was good though. I'll never forget the menu... Supercheesie, Whooperburger, Whoopercheesie, etc.

You missed the point if you didn’t ask for a chocolate shake 

On 6/5/2021 at 3:06 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

I doubt it will be any better at Arlington. Traffic sucks everywhere around the city

It has to be 10x better than going to Soldier field.  Just looking at the aerial map it looks to having more parking right next to the venue and the surrounding area is suburbs instead of a large portion of the city.  It's also about a 45 minute shorter drive from Iowa.  I'm all for it.

I don’t know much about Chicago but I bet if the city destroyed all of the low income high rise housing and instead disperse the poor it would rid the city of most its crime problem.

• Haha 2

On 6/5/2021 at 12:00 AM, Crestwood 2 said:

I’ve actually not been inside... just have seen the outside lol. I think they put on a retractable roof or something. But it’s amazing to see.... right in the center of town. 

They put a roof on Wrigley fockong field?!? What heathen barbarian pos made that call?

When I was in high school, I was in the band, and we got to play the national anthem at Wrigley.

Now as many of you know, I am firmly in the fock baseball camp. But being there, down on the field, was pretty fockong cool. You could just feel the history of that place.

Is nothing sacred?

And fock the bears if they leave soldier field. They already focked it up with the last remodel. Looked like a focking UFO was fockong a classical building. But the site is perfect. 

9 hours ago, peenie said:

I don’t know much about Chicago but I bet if the city destroyed all of the low income high rise housing and instead disperse the poor it would rid the city of most its crime problem.

So... you're saying the poor, black residents are a problem? Check your privilege peenie. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

They put a roof on Wrigley fockong field?!? What heathen barbarian pos made that call?

When I was in high school, I was in the band, and we got to play the national anthem at Wrigley.

Now as many of you know, I am firmly in the fock baseball camp. But being there, down on the field, was pretty fockong cool. You could just feel the history of that place.

Is nothing sacred?

And fock the bears if they leave soldier field. They already focked it up with the last remodel. Looked like a focking UFO was fockong a classical building. But the site is perfect. 

There’s no roof on Wrigley.  

18 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

:lol:

Roof on Wrigley Field, that is kind of funny. Dear God, it took them 100 years to get lights.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Ok, I must have badly misread the thread. That's good, that would be sacrilege. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Ok, I must have badly misread the thread. That's good, that would be sacrilege. 

You didn’t misread it.  The OP said “they put a roof on it or something. “

On 6/8/2021 at 7:43 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

So... you're saying the poor, black residents are a problem? Check your privilege peenie. 

Actually, I'm saying segregation and concentrated poverty causes the crime problem. 

2 hours ago, peenie said:

Actually, I'm saying segregation and concentrated poverty causes the crime problem. 

Segregation is the way to go. But you have to go all the way. Black people cant have white liberals getting involved. Black people are plenty capable of handling their own business. They were doing a lot better on many issues before the liberals came along. Not perfect, but better. And I say they’d be a lot better off today if they did their own thing. It would have had its obstacles, but I think it would have gotten figured out. Black people want safe neighborhoods . and decent schools just like everyone else. 

• Thanks 1