kozmiq

How may Foul Balls / Home Runs have you gotten at a Baseball game; in your life

When I was a kid, a guy from my school used to go to games early and watch batting practice.                                                                                                                                       Seems I remember him having 9-10 Balls hit into the bleachers before the games.  But he went to a lot of games.

Myself, I've gotten 2 Fouls during games.  Been to probably 100 games in my life.                                                                                                                                                                     My neighbor  was telling me that had never gotten a Ball in about 50-60 games before this year.  But this year he's gotten 3 already BUT with limited attendances.

Anybody get multiple Balls in the stands.  Anybody get a Home Run ball from the opposing team and did you throw it back onto the field.

No MLB balls, but went to a ton of AAA games as a kid.  I prob got 25 combined between HR, fouls, and having a ball tossed by a player or ump.

Once I went to a game with my dad when I was a kid. There was an older Mexican guy sitting next to us and when we sat down he started conversation. He ended up promising me he would catch a foul ball for me in that game. He was wearing some old tattered glove, maybe since from when he was a kid. 

A ball came our way, almost right to him. He got his glove on it but fumbled it and it dropped down over the balcony we were in.

Another one came just over his head, and he got a glove on it but it bounced into the seats behind him.

A third ball came our way over to his left (we were on his right) and he caught the ball and gave it to me.

That was focking wild I was thinking when I was a couple years older. How did he get so many chances in that game? All I could think of now was that maybe he was a season ticket holder and knew that seat was a prime location (front row, first base side, second balcony) for foul balls every game. :dunno:

Rough estimate, I have been to about 5-600 MLB games in my life. Not one. Closest ever was a HR into LF in the old Yankee stadium. Righetti gave it up in the bottom of the ninth, 1989 or so. The ball went over my head but I didn’t see it because I knew it was gone at the crack and I was hanging my head. My friend sitting next to me snatched it. Dave Lapoint started that game. Mid week day game. Yanks came back to win on a Bob Guerin opposite field hit. 

None but once I saw this dwarf hit a perfect pitch for a foul ball that killed some chick sitting in the bleachers. 

Never really close, maybe same section a few times, mostly spring training games. :( 

Zero.  I've witnessed the douche bag guy that used to push kids out of the way.  He was such a fat fock.

I've been to one spring training game. Didn't catch a ball. Didn't want to be there. Baseball sucks.

None. When you grow up poor, you don't go to games.

As an adult i caught a home run from demitri Young. I gave it to a kid sitting near by. My best foul ball take was during BP when I was a kid where I got 4. The usher told me to leave which I thought was lame. I ended up selling one to some dude for $20 and gave two others away.

At the old tiger stadium the pitchers had their own dugouts in the outfield foul line. When I was a kid some dude from the Twins asked me to get him a pizza. He gave me some money and I went and got it. Focker didn't give me anything not even a signed ball and he didn't even let me keep the change.

32 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Zero, but I've only been to three MLB games ever and I spent the entirety of one of them in the bar playing video trivia. 

Did you win?

1 foul ball. Riverfront stadium- June 2002.  

stiiting row 1 on first base side. First batter of the game, Ichiro got out in front of a change up and hit a screamer right at me. I caught it with 2 hands and didn’t feel anything at the time because I was hammered, but the mitts were sore for a few days after. 

5 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I caught a home run from demitri Young. I gave it to a kid sitting near by. My best foul ball take was during BP where I got 4. The usher told me to leave which I thought was lame. I ended up selling one to some dude for $20 and gave two others away.

At the old tiger stadium the pitchers had their own dugouts in the outfield foul line. When I was a kid some dude from the Twins asked me to get him a pizza. He gave me some money and I went and got it. Focker didn't give me anything not even a signed ball and he didn't even let me keep the change.

Meet James Harden. Possibly the biggest POS on earth, Saw a young kid, probably 9 or 10 ask for his autograph outside a hotel. Immediately jumped into a Bentley and said “ gas it” ., True scum

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Did you win?

Probably not. I was 21 and hammered. It was at the Texas rangers stadium. I think they had a tgi Friday's in there at the time. 

Nothing. Not even close.

Have gotten about a half-dozen pucks though.

(Not at a baseball game :lol:)

On 6/5/2021 at 1:38 AM, Cdub100 said:

As an adult i caught a home run from demitri Young. I gave it to a kid sitting near by. My best foul ball take was during BP when I was a kid where I got 4. The usher told me to leave which I thought was lame. I ended up selling one to some dude for $20 and gave two others away.

Maybe the toppings you chose weren't on his Mount Rushmore.  :(

On 6/4/2021 at 11:22 PM, kutulu said:

None but once I saw this dwarf hit a perfect pitch for a foul ball that killed some chick sitting in the bleachers. 

Owen Meany?

Been to lots of games.  Not one foul ball or homer caught. None hit near enough to have a realistic shot.