Sign in to follow this  
JagFan

Tim Tebow

If he makes the roster, and I believe he will, what are the expectations fantasy wise in TE mandatory leagues?

I wouldnt be drafting him.

he is a player to watch.   nothing more. (not yet anyways)

dude has been out of football for a while.  while he is a great athlete it takes a while to get on board with that much time off and a change of position to boot.

I expect the first half of the season will be nothing to write home about.  If he breaks out it will be later in the season or next year.(more likely next year)

If you have a top 5 TE already, you probably dont pay attention to the guy unless you have an injury or bye.

Keep an eye on him for sure.    and if he shows signs of life you can pick him up as a bye, streaming, or injury replacement provided you have the roster space.

thing is... not many leagues have rules that make it to your advantage to hold more than one TE on your roster so hes a tough guy to waste a roster spot on unless hes lighting it up.

I expect Meyer to try to turn him into Taysom Hill.

So, slotted as a TE, he may be worth a late round gamble in deep leagues, but even the best case scenario, way too inconsistent to feel comfortable starting him on an every week basis.

If your league gives extra points for pre-game prayers he should be a first round draft pick...

I expect him to get cut before the season starts.  This is just his former coach doing him a favor and the organization gets to sell some extra merchandise as a bonus.

6 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

I expect Meyer to try to turn him into Taysom Hill.

This, but less productively.  He's basically undraftable unless you can roster him as a TE in a BestBall league or something.

8 hours ago, JagFan said:

If he makes the roster, and I believe he will, what are the expectations fantasy wise in TE mandatory leagues?

Not even worth a spot on a roster at the te slot. 

What say you? 

8 hours ago, jrokh said:

If your league gives extra points for pre-game prayers he should be a first round draft pick...

🤣 Too True.  if pre game prayers counted, he'd be top of the league.

The Jags didn't throw the ball much to their TE's last year... I think they all combined for just over 100 targets with Eifert getting the lions share and O'Shaughnessy virtually all of the rest.  The addition of Lawrence and Etienne will probably lead more to the Jags being a more ball controlled offense.  So I can actually see them throwing the ball less this year than last year, even with the extra game.  My guess is that Tebow doesn't make the team.  If he does, I think at best, he'll be the 2nd option at TE.  Last year, O'Shaughnessy was that guy and he posted a 28/262/0 season.  I don't see how Tebow would do better than that, which is about 3.5 fpg.  Actually, he might run and pass a little... so I'll give him 5 fpg.  Not even roster or waiver wire worthy.

The best way to look at this is to look at what Urban Meyer most recently did as a coach.  As coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes he NEVER threw the ball to his tight ends!  They were mostly used for blocking!!   I'd be surprised if he makes the final roster, but if he does he has ZERO fantasy relevancy!   

1 hour ago, Maulers1973 said:

The best way to look at this is to look at what Urban Meyer most recently did as a coach.  As coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes he NEVER threw the ball to his tight ends!  They were mostly used for blocking!!   I'd be surprised if he makes the final roster, but if he does he has ZERO fantasy relevancy!   

He might, if he goes the Taysom Hill route and remains listed as a TE, but gains stats for passing and rushing too.

Problem with the Taysom Hill route is you're taking the ball out of Trevor Lawrence's hands.  Brees' arm was shot so it made a little more sense with him.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Problem with the Taysom Hill route is you're taking the ball out of Trevor Lawrence's hands.

Well, I'M not; Coach Meyer is.  But right now, he's looking like a longshot to make the team.

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Well, I'M not; Coach Meyer is.

Thanks for that clarification. I wasn't sure there for a second!

Just saw there’s a rumor he’s wearing #85 to honor his former college TE.  That wasn’t even his number.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JagFan said:

Just saw there’s a rumor he’s wearing #85 to honor his former college TE.  That wasn’t even his number.

He’s on the right team.