Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

**Round One-Three Commentary**

Thanks for clearing up the issue of drafting def & kicker…..we must draft one of each!!

• Like 1

I'm not usually up by 6:00, sent my list to Mike & Fumble.  Let's do this!

Sorry about that guys.  I knew I should have just post my pick yesterday so I wouldn't forget.

• Like 1

What a surprise Hawkeye. Did you consider anyone else (no names yet)? 

3 minutes ago, robb said:

What a surprise Hawkeye. Did you consider anyone else (no names yet)? 

No, and that's why I thought of posting my pick yesterday.  Need to get in draft mode now.  Been a little hectic lately with getting a puppy Sunday.

18 minutes ago, remote controller said:

This Top 3 in this format is pretty set in stone.

Yeah, for me it was really close between Cook and Henry.  The #3 slot looks to be a good one this year.

Boy, Standard Scoring makes pick #5 very interesting.  Not much to say or defend until all the players that "should have gone" are taken, I guess.

I think the first five picks are all solid.  I considered Chubb after seeing some projections.  He was #2 on a few of them and is on a talented team.

Sorry. Was driving to the beach. 

I can find positives and negatives with every player outside cmc cook and henry at the RB position. So I’m honestly happy picking anywhere in the top 9 or so. 

also think the upside on Barkley makes him top 4 and I would select him over Kamara and Chubb. He’s got big question marks but so do those guys, imo. Had Barkley been gone there another back I would have taken that would have been viewed as against the grain. 

I was debating between Barkley and Kamara.

I still have those old reservations about taking a back coming off an ACL tear. Barkley's was early enough that he should be OK, but...

Barkley was going to be my pick, not surprised WW grabbed him there.  I think there is risk with this guy, but news reports suggest that the Giants are going to handle him with caution which should translate to him faring well over the length of the season.

Taylor is a decent value at 1.07 , he might be pedestrian but he also might outperform his ADP and get into the top tier overall for scoring. I think his value in this format could be muted just a bit, but decent value at that spot.

I wanted Kamara, and was hoping you'd take Barkley.

Can't deny the potential, IF he stays healthy, which has been a problem the last couple of years.  Love the talent, but I might be a little gun shy after last year.  Can't ever predict injuries, per se, but circumstance didn't make me comfortable enough.

Couldn’t pass up the value at 1.09 of Elliott. Could have a great year, also realize folks are down on him. He is still rather young and has his passing game in tack so no putting in 8 man fronts. Not an Elliott fan, but to get him at #9 is a bargain in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

I like the value of Elliot where you grabbed him, you should feel pretty good about that one.

Round 1 already feels more deep to me than it has been in a number of years, the "drop off" has yet to emerge in my eyes, where in years past one could reasonable place it in the 5-8 range.

• Like 1

He just has not appeared motivated since he got paid.  His ADP is around 8.  I see his ceiling as being kind of limited and his floor,  found.  He was horrible for me as my first pick last year so I am bitter.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, remote controller said:

He just has not appeared motivated since he got paid.  His ADP is around 8.  I see his ceiling as being kind of limited and his floor,  found.  He was horrible for me as my first pick last year so I am bitter.

His work ethic is an issue, he seems like a guy who won't get motivated unless money is on the line.

But the Dallas O-line was decimated by injuries last year, and the D couldn't stop anyone, which limited the running game.

He could easily bounce back, and I don't know that anyone else in this area has his upside.

35 minutes ago, robb said:

Couldn’t pass up the value at 1.09 of Elliott. Could have a great year, also realize folks are down on him. He is still rather young and has his passing game in tack so no putting in 8 man fronts. Not an Elliott fan, but to get him at #9 is a bargain in my opinion.

He was my pick at 6 if Barkley was not there. 

22 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

His work ethic is an issue, he seems like a guy who won't get motivated unless money is on the line.

But the Dallas O-line was decimated by injuries last year, and the D couldn't stop anyone, which limited the running game.

He could easily bounce back, and I don't know that anyone else in this area has his upside.

He was also better fantasy wise before his QB went down

Would anyone be available to text me for my next pick. I'm stuck on a damn call till 5pm and sometimes forget to check. 317 586 0589. Thanks a ton.

28 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Yep......pretty interesting.   🤬

Guess the reigning Champ wants to keep us in suspense!

39 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Would anyone be available to text me for my next pick. I'm stuck on a damn call till 5pm and sometimes forget to check. 317 586 0589. Thanks a ton.

I’ll remember to do that as should others.

Jones is currently my number 9 (ppr and standard my top 9 are the same) and will move up if his QB remains in Green Bay. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Jones is currently my number 9 (ppr and standard my top 9 are the same) and will move up if his QB remains in Green Bay. 

I have him at 9 also.

A little slow today. Need to pick up the pace a bit tomorrow. 😉

The turn has been made.

ICEMAN

Been sitting here hitting F5 all day. Not complaining, but I have to run an errand. I'll be back online to make my pick by 6pm Eastern.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

He was my pick at 6 if Barkley was not there. 

That was the other one I expected there to be questions about passing over at 5.  I like his talent, but as you've already pointed out, there's question marks in the group after the top 3 - though I would put Kamara up in that clump myself.

If this is PPR, I'm putting Adams on the table at 5.  But with Standard and 2 required RBs, it changes the valuing.

50 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

A little slow today. Need to pick up the pace a bit tomorrow. 😉

I have big chunks of open time (ie, computer work) tomorrow, so I'm hopeful that we swing through several rounds.

Seems historically, we always have one day that doesn't make sense . . . 

8 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Been sitting here hitting F5 all day. Not complaining, but I have to run an errand. I'll be back online to make my pick by 6pm Eastern.

Ray is likely fixin to hop on his sail boat and leave us all hanging like he normally does.  He's lucky he's so dead sexy!