Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

**Round One-Three Commentary**

I wasn't being critical, per se. Just a friendly reminder that we need to move at a faster pace if at all possible. :cheers:

• Like 1

I was kinda surprised to see Mixon at the turn, I thought he might be on the board at my second. But I do think he's a good rebound candidate, with Burrow coming back, and additions to the receiving corps and the offensive line.

I have access here at work but am having trouble getting access on my phone.  It's freezes on "checking email."   I'm trying to get a password reminder to my email. 

17 minutes ago, remote controller said:

It's upsetting when a corner is turned and we sit.  

And it isn’t Ray!

12 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Todays struggle has been brought to you by Matts.  Congrats Matts!  

Can you stop complaining? I made my pick 11 an hour after pick 10, I was driving home and pick was made on my ride home...

seriously stop complaining already!!!

I called and texted Shovel!

For the people who complain about speed of draft. Please understand people work and do other things during the day.  On average each pick took an hour.  The complaining already is too early.

i can see if it was 3 plus hours, but if there is a minimum time for each pick we should put it out there.

love doing this draft, we could really do without the whining of a reasonable pace.

I'm here...5 min please

Edit: I know it's early for JK, but this draft position absolutely sucks. I'm forced to reach a bit or always play from behind.

Been reading where in BB it’s best to have an early TE. I am usually a “take a TE first in round 10”, so, I’ll try it this way this year!

Kittle should have a bounce back year regardless of who is throwing him the ball. One of the top 3 TEs. 

It’s a gamble on my part…….but certainly not a reach.

5 minutes ago, robb said:

Been reading where in BB it’s best to have an early TE. I am usually a “take a TE first in round 10”, so, I’ll try it this way this year!

Kittle should have a bounce back year regardless of who is throwing him the ball. One of the top 3 TEs. 

I like Kittle especially if Lance starts, he will be a solid safety blanket for the rookie.

8 minutes ago, Matts Eagles said:

I like Kittle especially if Lance starts, he will be a solid safety blanket for the rookie.

Thanks Matt. I usually don’t travel down this road.

42 minutes ago, Matts Eagles said:

For the people who complain about speed of draft. Please understand people work and do other things during the day.  On average each pick took an hour.  The complaining already is too early.

i can see if it was 3 plus hours, but if there is a minimum time for each pick we should put it out there.

love doing this draft, we could really do without the whining of a reasonable pace.

I didn’t complain. As moderator, I just stated that we needed to pick up the pace a little. Didn’t blame anyone and I certainly wasn’t whining. Remote is Remote. Awesome dude. A tad bit impatient, though. :lol:

Fumble's out here playing chess while the rest of us are playing checkers. 

1 hour ago, Vikings4ever said:

I was kinda surprised to see Mixon at the turn, I thought he might be on the board at my second. But I do think he's a good rebound candidate, with Burrow coming back, and additions to the receiving corps and the offensive line.

Same. I had him pegged for my 2.7

2 hours ago, robb said:

We shouldn’t base our draft on BB though. It skews the results a little. 

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

A little, maybe, but not nearly enough to hurt the value of the mock.

Having a kicker get injured (or released) preseason can severely hurt your chance of winning the league, but you don't see anyone drafting a second kicker. At most, you'll have a slight edge given to inconsistent players when you're decided between 2 or 3 guys. Something you could see in a real draft, depending on the drafter's philosophy.

41 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Unfortunately it’s impossible. Once you know there’s a format and a title we all want to win, it’s human nature to make some decisions based on that info. 

I agree with Vikes, I don’t think it hurts the value of the mock though

• Like 1

It was hard choosing between Ridley and Diggs and another WR for me. RB value has dried up a bit for now from my perspective 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Unfortunately it’s impossible. Once you know there’s a format and a title we all want to win, it’s human nature to make some decisions based on that info. 

I agree with Vikes, I don’t think it hurts the value of the mock though

It’s not a huge deal but there are always a few picks that get made based on it.

14 hours ago, remote controller said:

Ray is likely fixin to hop on his sail boat and leave us all hanging like he normally does.  He's lucky he's so dead sexy!

Sailing is tonight my man.....hopefully the weather holds out.

I am a little distracted, my daughter received an appointment to the Naval Academy and we have rather long list of things to do between now and I-day on the 30th so every day is a frenzy now

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It’s not a huge deal but there are always a few picks that get made based on it.

Well, I guess I won’t do that again!

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I am a little distracted, my daughter received an appointment to the Naval Academy and we have rather long list of things to do between now and I-day on the 30th so every day is a frenzy now

Congrats man! My daughter got accepted to Purdue, joined AFROTC, then when Purdue went virtual last year just quit going to class and pissed away 20k. Proud dad!

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

I didn’t complain. As moderator, I just stated that we needed to pick up the pace a little. Didn’t blame anyone and I certainly wasn’t whining. Remote is Remote. Awesome dude. A tad bit impatient, though. :lol:

Just a tad. 😎 I'm officially old and crotchety.  The way I look at it is this isn't a casual commitment.  There are 13 busy individuals, all with a life, doing this task for FFToday.  When 4 hours (check out the time stamps) are wasted in the afternoon of the first day of the draft, and on a turn, where busy people are waiting to make their selection so they can relax........it's just sad.  If the truth hurts then I'm sorry.  It's not personal, just factual.  Lets do better today.

42 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Congrats man! My daughter got accepted to Purdue, joined AFROTC, then when Purdue went virtual last year just quit going to class and pissed away 20k. Proud dad!

I am hoping this entire pandemic thing really highlights the corruption that our university system uses to extort money from families.....and not suitably educate our kids.....

Just another fraud perpetuated on the American people.  And honestly, look at the chaff these universities are putting out, the despicable things they think and believe!

Even the military is now doing this pronoun bullsh!t.  Sickening.

But back to football.....I think that Tyreek Hill pick was something of a reach and I think we all deserve and explanation!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

congrats!

• Thanks 1

Still on football.....just got my confirmation of season tickets to Navy football, woot!!!

And, I forked up the extra $600 to let me take my RV for tailgating....   :banana:

14 hours ago, shovelheadt said:

I'm here...5 min please

Edit: I know it's early for JK, but this draft position absolutely sucks. I'm forced to reach a bit or always play from behind.

Kelce and Dobbins look fine to me.  Two great offenses and you have two key cogs to them.

14 hours ago, Matts Eagles said:

The problem is that yesterdays pace wasn't reasonable at all, and we have been asked to do better.  

10 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

It was hard choosing between Ridley and Diggs and another WR for me. RB value has dried up a bit for now from my perspective 

A real toss up.  My brain says take Ridley while my gut said look at what Diggs did with Josh last year.  We will leave you a back or two to choose from.

6 minutes ago, remote controller said:

The problem is that yesterdays pace wasn't reasonable at all, and we have been asked to do better.  

What is a reasonable draft? Maybe we add a timer or time limitation into the rules to better set expectations?

Edited by Matts Eagles

Just now, Matts Eagles said:

What is a reasonable draft? Maybe we add a timer into the rules to better set expectations?

we have one it's two hours.  all is good, we just need to do better today

4 minutes ago, Matts Eagles said:

What is a reasonable draft? Maybe we add a timer or time limitation into the rules to better set expectations?

Straight from the rules post:  The mock will begin at 8:00 AM CST, 6/8 and from past experience should take roughly 1-2 weeks to complete. Primary mocking time will be between 8:00 AM CST - 5:00 PM CST. You are certainly welcome to make picks after that time if you want, but official closing time each day will be 5:00 PM CST. If you know you won't be able to access the Mock board for any 2 hour period during official mocking time, please send a list of players to choose from to Mike FFToday or Fumble and one of us will make the pick on your behalf.

Just got in from morning rides.  Will pick in a couple minutes

We just ran into some bad timing yesterday of people logging off for an hour or so while on deck, and the OTC pick showing up and being made 5 minutes into that hour.

Not a big deal, but hopefully we can get a run of picks in with people online at the same time.

So that was added to this year’s rules?

it wasn’t in last years

The mock will begin at 8:00 AM CST, 6/8 and from past experience should take roughly 1-2 weeks to complete. Primary mocking time will be between 8:00 AM CST - 5:00 PM CST. You are certainly welcome to make picks after that time if you want, but official closing time each day will be 5:00 PM CST. If you know you won't be able to access the Mock board for any given period of time, please send a list of players to choose from to Mike FFToday or Fumble and one of us will make the pick on your behalf.

Draft Order

1 minute ago, Matts Eagles said:

So that was added to this year’s rules?

it wasn’t in last years

The mock will begin at 8:00 AM CST, 6/8 and from past experience should take roughly 1-2 weeks to complete. Primary mocking time will be between 8:00 AM CST - 5:00 PM CST. You are certainly welcome to make picks after that time if you want, but official closing time each day will be 5:00 PM CST. If you know you won't be able to access the Mock board for any given period of time, please send a list of players to choose from to Mike FFToday or Fumble and one of us will make the pick on your behalf.

Draft Order

It's known as the Ray Rule!  ;)