Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

**Round One-Three Commentary**

5 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

We just ran into some bad timing yesterday of people logging off for an hour or so while on deck, and the OTC pick showing up and being made 5 minutes into that hour.

Not a big deal, but hopefully we can get a run of picks in with people online at the same time.

Made it worse because I didn't check in here before I left at 4 this morning.  I was sure that Ray wouldn't pick off hours, and so I didn't bother.

Oops.

I went real hard between Hopkins and a RB, but I felt the RB tier is just a tiny bit bigger, and was sure the WR tier would get picked clean before coming back to me.

53 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I am hoping this entire pandemic thing really highlights the corruption that our university system uses to extort money from families.....and not suitably educate our kids.....

Just another fraud perpetuated on the American people.  And honestly, look at the chaff these universities are putting out, the despicable things they think and believe!

Even the military is now doing this pronoun bullsh!t.  Sickening.

But back to football.....I think that Tyreek Hill pick was something of a reach and I think we all deserve and explanation!

Agree completely.  We adjusted our High School curriculum to Tech prep with a University path.  We are a small Texas town and we realized that tradesmen are needed everywhere and this is a jump start to making, not spending money.  It's been a hit.

Hey............................can we slow down a bit? Those 3 picks came way too fast.

Does anybody really think Tyreek Hill was a reach at 1.08? As an Ezekiel Elliott owner last season, there was no way I was touching him. He's a safe pick and everything, but I question his ceiling. 

The pick I'm shocked no one is talking about is Davante Adams. Have we ever had a draft in June in which a player's value is so much in flux? If Rodgers plays, then Adams was a steal at 2.01. But, if Rodgers isn't in Green Bay next season, it could be a terrible pick. I thought it took guts to pick him that high. 

Just now, Fumbleweed said:

Does anybody really think Tyreek Hill was a reach at 1.08? As an Ezekiel Elliott owner last season, there was no way I was touching him. He's a safe pick and everything, but I question his ceiling. 

The pick I'm shocked no one is talking about is Davante Adams. Have we ever had a draft in June in which a player's value is so much in flux? If Rodgers plays, then Adams was a steal at 2.01. But, if Rodgers isn't in Green Bay next season, it could be a terrible pick. I thought it took guts to pick him that high. 

I was grabbing Hill at 1.10....so no. And I agree on Adams...no way to know what he's going to do.

3 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Le'Veon Bell when he threatened (and went through) with his holdout comes to mind.

But Adams should get fed no matter who his QB is. I would think the situation would affect his PPR value less, but I would be surprised if he drops out of the top 10 in standard scoring with Love. So, without Rodgers, not worth the 2.01, but also not a case of him dropping multiple rounds.

4 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Le'Veon Bell when he threatened (and went through) with his holdout comes to mind.

But Adams should get fed no matter who his QB is. I would think the situation would affect his PPR value less, but I would be surprised if he drops out of the top 10 in standard scoring with Love. So, without Rodgers, not worth the 2.01, but also not a case of him dropping multiple rounds.

I see your point, but Love and Adams have no chemistry that we know of and that takes time to develop. I think it would make him a WR in the 9-12 range if Rodgers isn't the guy throwing him the ball. 

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

It's known as the Ray Rule!  ;)

:mellow:

• Haha 1

I'm pretty happy with my first three picks so far.  A.J. Brown should actually be helped by the addition of Julio and I feel that Robinson is going to have a great year.

24 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I would have loved a Hill/Kelce start.  Both are first rounders easily to me.  Aaron Jones and Davante Adams were picks that needed to be taken, just glad I wasn't in that region of the draft where I needed to make that decision.

Im in the "stud RB" camp, so my top 9 in PPR or Non would be CMC, Henry, Cook, Barkley, Kamara, Elliot, Chubb, Taylor and Jones. I don't think about WR until after these 9 are gone and I don't even like the idea of having to pop the first WR off the board in the late 1st round when I can have a Hopkins or Jefferson in the late 2nd. 

As far as that first WR being Hill, I think he gains a little on the field in standard scoring but I can see a case for a few guys being the first receivers taken. Its personal preference and with all of that said, I wouldn't call Hill a reach at 8 since I wouldnt expect everyone to agree with my stance on both (RB and WR)  positions.

Adams scares me. Less so in standard and less so in BB format. He likely doesnt need an existing rapport with Love to be fed a high volume of targets as the stud he is but we did see Michael Thomas suffer without his stud QB last year. Its not a perfect comparison as Thomas was dealing with his own crap but it should be kept in mind. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm pretty happy with my first three picks so far.  A.J. Brown should actually be helped by the addition of Julio and I feel that Robinson is going to have a great year.

I agree on AJ but wonder how having not just 1 new QB, but 2 will affect Robinson.

Just now, remote controller said:

I agree on AJ but wonder how having not just 1 new QB, but 2 will affect Robinson.

He did great with Trubisky and I don't see that changing.  He's a great WR that gets the ball fed to him a lot.  Could be a risky pick but I'll take it.

"Does anybody really think Tyreek Hill was a reach at 1.08?"

"I was grabbing Hill at 1.10"

I must be the only one who thinks this is too soon for Hill. Not a fan of him, even in a Standard league. But, too each their own.

Gibson is a “steal” in the early 3rd here. Great pick!

Had just woken up when I made the Thomas pick and immediately started second-guessing, especially seeing AJ go right after.  I suppose I'm banking on Jameis "winning" the QB position to retain value here, if Taysom is the guy I could be in trouble.

I had a few other options at RB, but I went with Gibson hoping he earned more opportunities after last year.  And yes, hopefully the toe isn't a problem, but hey, it's June!

Well, there goes about 15 years of June Mock history. I'm sure Fumble will mention it in his post draft analysis.

I'm not going to take a QB in round 1 or 2. Round 3 it would have to be a hell of a value. We've reached that point.

I was really hoping for Gibson or Ekeler to fall, but I'll take the upside of Kamara/Hopkins/Mahomes any day.

1 minute ago, Vikings4ever said:

Well, there goes about 15 years of June Mock history. I'm sure Fumble will mention it in his post draft analysis.

I'm not going to take a QB in round 1 or 2. Round 3 it would have to be a hell of a value. We've reached that point.

I was really hoping for Gibson or Ekeler to fall, but I'll take the upside of Kamara/Hopkins/Mahomes any day.

Given that I think QBs fall too far in this draft anyway, there's probably no need to tell you how much I love the pick. Trends are meant to be broken. 

If you hadn't taken Mahomes, I was taking him.  Love/hate the pick.

Gamble almost paid off. Was so hoping Harris would fall to 3.08. Bummer. :(

I wish my team read Henry, Hopkins, Gibson, but Henry, Jefferson, and Ekeler it is.  All 3 players from top 9 offenses last season.  Shocking to see that the Vikings were the #4 offense last year. The Titans were the #3, and the Chargers #9.

3 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Gamble almost paid off. Was so hoping Harris would fall to 3.08. Bummer. :(

I almost took the young fresh legs of Harris.  Those were the two I was deciding between.  The kicker for me was the Steelers were the worst rushing team in the NFL last year, and that just isn't on the backs.

3 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I almost took the young fresh legs of Harris.  Those were the two I was deciding between.  The kicker for me was the Steelers were the worst rushing team in the NFL last year, and that just isn't on the backs.

Yeah, actually, it was.  ;)

I had another name typed in and talked myself into Harris because I think he has a more predictable workload. 

19 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I had another name typed in and talked myself into Harris because I think he has a more predictable workload. 

I love the workload.  I have a problem with the state of the offense.

Was hoping that Mahomey might fall to me, was not ready to switch gears, decided that there was a drop off here....struggled to decide how I wanted to deal with it.

Ultimately, saw Terry McLaurin as a decent value based on the new QB situation and his past performance and perhaps he can outperform his ADP for the coming year, the other options were just less appealing for a variety of reasons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Was hoping that Mahomey might fall to me, was not ready to switch gears, decided that there was a drop off here....struggled to decide how I wanted to deal with it.

Ultimately, saw Terry McLaurin as a decent value based on the new QB situation and his past performance and perhaps he can outperform his ADP for the coming year, the other options were just less appealing for a variety of reasons.

I like it a lot.  That Defense giving the team the ball back and a QB who can out perform what they had.  McLaurin has been solid in both of hi seasons.

Thank you Ray! McLaurin was the top player left on my board and I didn't want to go WR-WR-WR....yet couldn't resist taking him based on the fact that I think he'll be a top 6-8 WR this season. Getting Diggs and McLaurin in back to back rounds makes your team tough to beat if both stay healthy. Throw in a good, young set of legs like Taylor and you're off to a great start. 

8 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Thank you Ray! McLaurin was the top player left on my board and I didn't want to go WR-WR-WR....yet couldn't resist taking him based on the fact that I think he'll be a top 6-8 WR this season. Getting Diggs and McLaurin in back to back rounds makes your team tough to beat if both stay healthy. Throw in a good, young set of legs like Taylor and you're off to a great start. 

flirt!  😘

1 minute ago, remote controller said:

flirt!  😘

We all flirt with Ray. He's a beautiful human being. 

• Like 1

I hate the Evan’s pick, but 2-3 WRs will be selected before my next pick so I thought I had best get my WR1. Evan’s will do fine in a Standard scoring league, just not a fav of mine.