Sign in to follow this  
Matts Eagles

Buy/Sell

Who are some of the players you are trying to buy or sell:

Buy

QB Daniel Jones--I think with a healthy Saquon he can actually take his time to connect with WRs, he has Golladay, Engram, Slayton, Shepard, Toney.  So I think this will be his make or break year and he will rebound.

RB I think everyone is buying Mixon, but I am going to with Chris Carson, he will get banged up, but he always produces.  With little behind him on the depth chart Penny, Dallas and dont forget  Alex Collins, I think Carson is inline for a bulk of the workload.  I also feel like he will be a productive highend RB2, if he stays healthy

WR Terry McLaurin  I know it will cost something to get him.  But look what he did with scrub QBs over the as a rookie 58/919/7 season and his second season 87/1,118/4.  I can see Fitz peppering him with targets and guys like C Samuel and Dyami Brown strengthen the WR core around him.  

TE  Another lesser guy Anthony Firkser, I think with Titans now getting Julio and already having AJ Brown, I think Firkser will be a good security blanket for Tannenhill and should see a fair amount of targets vacated by Jonnu Smith

Sell

QB I guess I would say sell D Watson, I will caveat that with at  the right price.  I own him in 4 leagues and received a ton of lowball offers. I have seen him moved in Superflex for 2 late 2sts. and in 1 QB for pick 1.10.  So if you don't to hold during this investigation, sell, but be ready for some really bad offers too.

RB As tough as it is to say as an Eagles fan, I am trying to sell Sanders where I own him.  I think Hurts as a mobile QB will take away from Sanders TD production, then you have Boston Scott, Gainwell eating into the pass catches.  I hope its not true, but I feel like his role will be again limited.

WR Mike Evans, Adams, Lockett, I am selling these studs now because they will be untradeable soon.  Again if I can get good value to help my team I would trade them to get younger pieces and or picks for this year or next

TE   Patriots TEs I hated Henry and Smith going to New England, i think their TE room will be as frustrating as their RB Room.  So if you can sell because someone likes one over the other I would..

I think C Wentz is going to benefit having been reconciled with Reich. 

What the OP said about Carson one can say the same about Mixon  just needs to stay healthy, I like more going into this season than I did going into last season, I did warn other to sale. 

At wr I like the return of both T Hilton and C Kupp. 

At te I agree with you OP about Firkser, and I also like T Higbee

Sale  

Herbert of the Chargers, oh I don’t think he’ll be awfull but he was 9th in avg per game  at the Qb slot last season, I think he falls to 13th or lower  

Agree about Sanders  

On board about Lockett also, non ppr he avg 10 points per game, he only exceeded or match that 10 point avg in 5 of 16 regular season games, and in the playoff he scored less than five points. 

Hockensen for the Lions, I’m letting someone else draft any Lions ff players. 

Thank you, that was fun  

• Thanks 1

I've had ALOT of interest in Mixon this offseason from fellow owner's. But nothing substantial. All low ball offers.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Matts Eagles said:

Who are some of the players you are trying to buy or sell:

Sell

QB I guess I would say sell D Watson, I will caveat that with at  the right price.  I own him in 4 leagues and received a ton of lowball offers. I have seen him moved in Superflex for 2 late 2sts. and in 1 QB for pick 1.10.  So if you don't to hold during this investigation, sell, but be ready for some really bad offers too.

RB As tough as it is to say as an Eagles fan, I am trying to sell Sanders where I own him.  I think Hurts as a mobile QB will take away from Sanders TD production, then you have Boston Scott, Gainwell eating into the pass catches.  I hope its not true, but I feel like his role will be again limited.

WR Mike Evans, Adams, Lockett, I am selling these studs now because they will be untradeable soon.  Again if I can get good value to help my team I would trade them to get younger pieces and or picks for this year or next

TE   Patriots TEs I hated Henry and Smith going to New England, i think their TE room will be as frustrating as their RB Room.  So if you can sell because someone likes one over the other I would.

I never understood some of the buy/sell stuff for dynasty and/or keeper leagues... in the off season.  You already have the player and the price has already been invested, so it's not like you're paying anything to keep them.  Why sell?  The caveat of "if I get good value" is always attached to that.  The most overused phrase in fantasy sports.

QB: Deshaun Watson - At some point, he's going to play.  Maybe it's next year.  But what harm is there to keep him stashed on the bottom of your roster if you get low ball offers... which is what you're going to get?  No one is going to offer much.  What do you think is good value?

RB: Sanders will probably be at worst, an RB2 this year.  You're going to need an RB2 are you not?  What do you want someone to pay for him, that'll be worth trading him for?

Adams, Evans, and Lockett...  why?  All 3 are going to be at least WR2's.  Who are you going to replace them with?  Won't you need a WR2 on your team?  What constitutes as "if I can get good value"?  None of them are old.  Adams will play this season at 28 years old, so will Evans, and Lockett at 29.  All 3 should have at least 3 good seasons left in them.  What's the hurry?

The TE's are the only one's I could understand.  Neither should be expected to start on any fantasy team because very few people carry more than 1 TE.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I never understood some of the buy/sell stuff for dynasty and/or keeper leagues... in the off season.  You already have the player and the price has already been invested, so it's not like you're paying anything to keep them.  Why sell?  The caveat of "if I get good value" is always attached to that.  The most overused phrase in fantasy sports.

QB: Deshaun Watson - At some point, he's going to play.  Maybe it's next year.  But what harm is there to keep him stashed on the bottom of your roster if you get low ball offers... which is what you're going to get?  No one is going to offer much.  What do you think is good value?

RB: Sanders will probably be at worst, an RB2 this year.  You're going to need an RB2 are you not?  What do you want someone to pay for him, that'll be worth trading him for?

Adams, Evans, and Lockett...  why?  All 3 are going to be at least WR2's.  Who are you going to replace them with?  Won't you need a WR2 on your team?  What constitutes as "if I can get good value"?  None of them are old.  Adams will play this season at 28 years old, so will Evans, and Lockett at 29.  All 3 should have at least 3 good seasons left in them.  What's the hurry?

The TE's are the only one's I could understand.  Neither should be expected to start on any fantasy team because very few people carry more than 1 TE.

Just trying to get conversation going on this site... we used to have a lot more conversations.

The WRs are approaching an age where no one will trade for them.  If you can get A return to help your team now and can move them to help your future now is the time to capitalize on their peak value.

Sanders if I can move him for a better RB2 who will provide consistent production then I move him. I think his touches/usage  will be reduced .

Some people play TE premium is where this information could be used.  

Thanks Matt I’ve enjoyed it.  

As for Sanders , he was 19th in avg per game last season non ppr, I’m not sure we don’t see much of the same, the Eagles pick up K Johnson, not that K Johnson is going to steal work from Sanders, but he’s going to be used , and so is Scott and maybe even Howard for goal line duty’s.  

I think I would try to move him.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kopy said:

I've had ALOT of interest in Mixon this offseason from fellow owner's. But nothing substantial. All low ball offers.

I would hold , if he can stay on the field I think he’ll have a very good season.  

Owner who’s a buddy in  Keeper league won’t even answer calls  about him.  

4 hours ago, Matts Eagles said:

Just trying to get conversation going on this site... we used to have a lot more conversations.

The WRs are approaching an age where no one will trade for them.  If you can get A return to help your team now and can move them to help your future now is the time to capitalize on their peak value.

Sanders if I can move him for a better RB2 who will provide consistent production then I move him. I think his touches/usage  will be reduced .

Some people play TE premium is where this information could be used.  

I'd be very curious to see what those players would garner in return.  I'm very skeptical at thinking you're going to get now and later value for any of them.  The receivers are finished products.  No, they're not going to get any better but they're not going to get any worse in the near future.  I see no reason why any of them will finish outside of the top 18.  I haven't played in dynasty leagues in a while, so I'm a bit rusty, but I just don't see someone trading you a WR2 (with WR1 upside), PLUS a 1st round rookie pick or a young current player for those guys. I think you're begging... or just hoping that your league has the village idiot.

I wouldn't be concerned about Sanders.  That team was a nightmare last year and Sanders still averaged over 5 yards per carry.  Boston Scott is NOT a threat.  His snap count more than doubled from 186 up to 384, yet he only got 20 more touches and that's only because Sanders missed 4 games.  In those 4 games, Scott got 63 of his 105 total touches.  Simply, when Sanders is in, Scott... is not.  Now, if you want to doubt Sanders' availability/durability, then that's a fair criticism.  I'm of the mindset that he'll be fine.  As for other RB's, I have a very hard time believing that a 5th round draft pick see's a lot of playing time ahead of Scott or Jordan Howard.  Considering that Howard is a runner and not a catcher, there's no fear of him eating into Sanders' target share all that much.  I think Hurts' mobility will help Sanders, not hurt him.

TE's are deep right now.  There's like 20 guys that are viable starters.  Anyone trading for someone will either be massively overpaying or massively underpaying.

Sell Saints, coach has a strange love for Taysom Hill and he will be starting either right away or if Jameis makes one incomplete pass. 

Buy Scary Terry, 3rd year and a top talent.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Values fluctuate after free agent signings, the draft, and trades. 

A perfect example of someone to sell IMO is Ryan Tannehill. Going from Corey Davis to Julio Jones on a run-first team is not going to affect his stats enough to warrant the added hype. Let someone else pay for the hype. 

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Values fluctuate after free agent signings, the draft, and trades. 

A perfect example of someone to sell IMO is Ryan Tannehill. Going from Corey Davis to Julio Jones on a run-first team is not going to affect his stats enough to warrant the added hype. Let someone else pay for the hype. 

In-season, I totally get it.  If you want to talk stock up or stock down, that's fine... but buy and sell?  Not so much.  Not in the off-season.

Tannehill is the perfect example of someone to sell?  Josh Reynolds & Corey Davis are practically a wash and they just added Jones.  With 17 games, they're going to run the ball less... and you think all of that translates to Tannehill's production dropping?  Tannehill is now a low end QB1.

Vikings TE I Smith Jr I’m buying, I think he could be a very good double digit draft pick. M

Not after what I just read what Zimmerman said about his teams te situation. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In-season, I totally get it.  If you want to talk stock up or stock down, that's fine... but buy and sell?  Not so much.  Not in the off-season.

Tannehill is the perfect example of someone to sell?  Josh Reynolds & Corey Davis are practically a wash and they just added Jones.  With 17 games, they're going to run the ball less... and you think all of that translates to Tannehill's production dropping?  Tannehill is now a low end QB1.

You’re buying? I’m selling. Idk why you want to label it something different as if it isn’t some form of buy low sell high. For dynasty and keeper leagues this applies all year round not just in season. Tannehill stock went up, I’m selling. 

Simple.

Also notice how you put words in my mouth. I never said Tannehill’s production would drop.

4 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

You’re buying? I’m selling. Idk why you want to label it something different as if it isn’t some form of buy low sell high. For dynasty and keeper leagues this applies all year round not just in season. Tannehill stock went up, I’m selling. 

Simple.

Also notice how you put words in my mouth. I never said Tannehill’s production would drop.

So you don't think Tannehill's production will drop?  If not, then why are you selling a top 7-9 (potential top 5-7), QB?

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So you don't think Tannehill's production will drop?  If not, then why are you selling a top 7-9 (potential top 5-7), QB?

Because his value might never be higher.

Are you new to this “buy low/sell high” idea?

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

:doh:

Moving on.  If someone else wants to dumb it down for you, they can.

Puts words in my mouth then insists I’m dumb.

Keep it classy Tampa.

Buy:

Chargers offense. 
Stafford Wentz DJones MacJones

Sell Texans Packers Saints Falcons except Ridley

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Puts words in my mouth then insists I’m dumb.

Keep it classy Tampa.

Ok, baby steps.

Tannehill was a top 7 QB last year.  Do you, or do you not think he'll be a top 7 QB this year?

7 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Ok, baby steps.

Tannehill was a top 7 QB last year.  Do you, or do you not think he'll be a top 7 QB this year?

Based on his total points and per game avg it looks like he was 9th, I think he’ll 9th or lower. 

So I’ll say no he won’t be a top 7 Qb this next season. 

T Higgins, if Burrow can stay healthy and with Boyd and Chase on the team I think Higgins going into his second season can improve on his avg per game ranking, in which last season it was 23 rd best wr. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Because his value might never be higher.

You are assuming that it 'might' never be higher. If week 1 the Titans look fantastic and Tanny throws 3 td's and Julio and AJ look good, his value will almost certainly be higher than it is right now. They open week 1 at home against the Cardinals, feels like a high scoring affair to me. I'd hold.

I can't imagine anyone would pay much for a QB6-QB17 anyway.  I guess you could get your favorite defense or kicker or something.  If he tears it up in Week 1 he might be worth a low-rent TE or bench-depth RB/WR.

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

Vikings TE I Smith Jr I’m buying, I think he could be a very good double digit draft pick. M

I like the Irv call

45 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I can't imagine anyone would pay much for a QB6-QB17 anyway.  I guess you could get your favorite defense or kicker or something.  If he tears it up in Week 1 he might be worth a low-rent TE or bench-depth RB/WR.

In Superflex someone would pay something.  

21 minutes ago, Matts Eagles said:

In Superflex someone would pay something.  

Also in leagues where QBs get 1 pt for every yard rushing (yes, I played in one of those; you could trade Taysom Hill for Christian McCaffrey)--but I was making a more universally applicable assessment.

In my 2 leagues I got owners asking me about Sutton. One offer so far. I guess they are hoping to buy low now just in case of a Rogers trade.

25 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

In my 2 leagues I got owners asking me about Sutton. One offer so far. I guess they are hoping to buy low now just in case of a Rogers trade.

They're probly just hoping you forgot he was a solid WR2 when healthy.  But if you get an offer that values him more highly than that, go for it.

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

You are assuming that it 'might' never be higher. If week 1 the Titans look fantastic and Tanny throws 3 td's and Julio and AJ look good, his value will almost certainly be higher than it is right now. They open week 1 at home against the Cardinals, feels like a high scoring affair to me. I'd hold.

And you're assuming that his value could potentially get higher. We're all just guessing here. To each his own.

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Ok, baby steps.

Mahomes, Dak, Russ, Josh Allen, Herbert, Rodgers and Deshaun (If they play), Lamar, Kyler, possibly Brady that would put Tannehill around 10th in my rankings. Based on the names I've mentioned I think Tannehill has a much easier chance of falling out of top 10 than he does cracking top 5. In other words, I think he will struggle to outperform his ADP as the 6-7th highest ranked QB this year. And that's not to say he will regress, it just the fact that he's not the focal point on his own offense which gives all of the other guys much higher ceilings in my opinion. Tannehill will have the easiest path to success with all of his weapons but there's no guarantee the volume will increase. I think he has a solid floor but again his ceiling is much lower than these other guys. Don't let the Julio Jones trade fool you, I think last season is/was Tannehill's ceiling.

I rode Tannehill last year to a fantasy championship. Now i'm selling my shares while he still has value. He's gonna be 33 when the season starts, you really think his value might get higher or that he's still getting better?

You think Julio can stay healthy for a full 16? 

My answer to both questions is -  I don't.

It's ok to disagree with me, that's why I'm selling and you're buying. 

We can all agree that Tannehill's fantasy value has never been higher. 

5 hours ago, jrokh said:

But to this point, it is the highest it's ever been and that's why I would sell. 

22 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

So you can't conceive of him playing all 17 games?

3 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

What’s the offer? 

Sutton had a good wr2 season in 2019, but he didn’t have the likes of Judge Jeudy on the other side either, and the Broncos are going to run the ball a lot , they now roster two gifted Rbs , Gordon and J Williams.  

29 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Mahomes, Dak, Russ, Josh Allen, Herbert, Rodgers and Deshaun (If they play), Lamar, Kyler, possibly Brady that would put Tannehill around 10th in my rankings. Based on the names I've mentioned I think Tannehill has a much easier chance of falling out of top 10 than he does cracking top 5. In other words, I think he will struggle to outperform his ADP as the 6-7th highest ranked QB this year. And that's not to say he will regress, it just the fact that he's not the focal point on his own offense which gives all of the other guys much higher ceilings in my opinion. Tannehill will have the easiest path to success with all of his weapons but there's no guarantee the volume will increase. I think he has a solid floor but again his ceiling is much lower than these other guys. Don't let the Julio Jones trade fool you, I think last season is/was Tannehill's ceiling.

I rode Tannehill last year to a fantasy championship. Now i'm selling my shares while he still has value. He's gonna be 33 when the season starts, you really think his value might get higher or that he's still getting better?

I think Stafford is going to me in the top ten also. 

57 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So you can't conceive of him playing all 17 games?

If I can't see him staying healthy for 16 then I also have trouble seeing him stay healthy for 17.

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

What’s the offer? 

Sutton had a good wr2 season in 2019, but he didn’t have the likes of Judge Jeudy on the other side either, and the Broncos are going to run the ball a lot , they now roster two gifted Rbs , Gordon and J Williams.  

Kareem Hunt but I rather have picks.

8 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

His ADP is QB13, 8th round.  In leagues where you start 1 QB (probably 75-80%), no one is "targeting" him.  Like AxeElf mentioned, there's not much of a gap between 6-17, so there's not going to be any "hype".  After guys like Mahomes, Wilson, etc, I'll put Tannehill in the top of that next tier because I think he'll be more reliable and consistent... but I'm not going to a couple rounds to take him.  Simply, his value isn't as high as you think it is and the buying price is smaller than what you think it is.  If I'm in a dynasty league and I "need" a QB... I'd offer a 3rd round pick for him.  That's if I really need a QB.  If a player is the asking price, I might give you a RB who's in a committee like Ronald Jones.

Julio is absolutely an upgrade over Davis.  Heck, Josh Reynolds was almost a complete replacement.  Tannehill is a good QB who's gotten a bad rap from spending too much time in a bad situation (Miami).  For a QB, being 33 isn't a "thing" like it used to be.  Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Cousins, & Wilson will all be 33 or over this year... of which, you have 3 of who you think will be better this year than Tannehill, so apparently even you don't think being 33 is necessarily an issue.

Why wouldn't I think Julio plays a full season?  Because he didn't last year?  Prior to last year, Jones has missed a total of 4 games in the prior 6 years.  Maybe he plays 14 or 15.  Ok.  Well, it's not like Corey Davis was a beacon of durability.  In 2019 and 2020, Davis' snap count was 713 & 719 (respectively).  Prior to only playing 9 games last year, in the previous 2 seasons, Jones' snap counts were 818 & 812... that's with Jones being 29 & 30 years old.  Heck, last year even in the 9 games he played, his snap count was 468... which projected to 832.  At the very least, I'd expect Jones to get as much time as Davis did.  Since Jones is better than Davis, the production should be higher.  I honestly don't think it's a coincidence that Davis had his best year (last year), in a contract year.

Tannehill's value hasn't been higher, because it shouldn't have been, but as I mentioned before, that's only because of the situation he was in while with the Dolphins.  I expect the Titans to throw more because they know Tannehill is a better QB than what people believed.  All of that said, QB's have very little trade value unless you are in a 2QB league.  Even still, in a 2QB league... as mentioned above, that after the top 5 or 6 guys, then next 10-15 are about the same, so go get any two of them.  So whatever the "hype" or hoopla is around Tannehill, I don't know what you'd think you'd get for him.  What do you think you'd get for him?  I'm pretty high on Tannehill, but as I said above, I'd only give a 3rd round rookie pick or a guy like Ronald Jones.

7 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

If I can't see him staying healthy for 16 then I also have trouble seeing him stay healthy for 17.

So his age 31 season was the only one that matters to you?  You're completely ignoring the fact that he missed only 1 game in the prior 3 seasons?

2 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Kareem Hunt but I rather have picks.

Don’t think Hunt is a low ball offer for Sutton, but he’s not who you want, that’s not the same thing.  

Since you rather have picks.  

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So his age 31 season was the only one that matters to you?  You're completely ignoring the fact that he missed only 1 game in the prior 3 seasons?

But last season made up for those prior three seasons.  

Who’s to say that last season won’t be more of the norm going forward, and his age could have a lot to do with that.