Sign in to follow this  
Matts Eagles

Buy/Sell

22 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I'm the one who originally suggested that 2 QB and/or superflex is the new norm.

Sorry, sometimes I forget the source of the nonsense.  Consider yourself properly credited.  I guess you're the one ducking the bet, then, rather than Matt.

What does the auction observation have to do with anything?

DrG entered the conversation with a comment about his preference for 2 QB leagues.  He also mentioned the advantages of auction leagues.  I agreed with him about the superiority of auction leagues, but tied it back to the original topic by clarifying that because they are superior doesn't necessarily mean they are more popular (or more "normal"), as had been claimed about 2QB/SF leagues.

Draft format has nothing to do with the argument.

It has nothing to do with the claim that 2QB/SF leagues are the new norm.  It had to do with the discussion of draft format norms.

20 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Sorry, sometimes I forget the source of the nonsense.  Consider yourself properly credited.  I guess you're the one ducking the bet, then, rather than Matt.

DrG entered the conversation with a comment about his preference for 2 QB leagues.  He also mentioned the advantages of auction leagues.  I agreed with him about the superiority of auction leagues, but tied it back to the original topic by clarifying that because they are superior doesn't necessarily mean they are more popular (or more "normal"), as had been claimed about 2QB/SF leagues.

It has nothing to do with the claim that 2QB/SF leagues are the new norm.  It had to do with the discussion of draft format norms.

I never said anything about a bet. 

I just wrongly assumed most people on here by now have switched from 1QB to some form of 2QB or SF. I was once lost as well. All of my leagues have switched and there's no looking back. Any fantasy analysis regarding QBs in a 1QB league is useless, pointless, obsolete. Unless its a very large league, every team will end up with a stud QB and if not, there's always a bunch on the waiver wire. It basically makes the QB position about as important as the K in regards to fantasy value. Maybe even less than the kicker to be honest. There's no parity.

Call it egocentric if you will but 1 QB format is stupid in my honest opinion and should not exist. I'm sad that you would think its the norm. You might be right, but again I feel like that's just you guys being fossils, opposed to change, and just simply living in the past. 

On 6/9/2021 at 10:41 AM, LoOnAtIk said:

TBay, no offense, but I thought it goes without saying I’m ONLY talking about 2 QB and Superflex leagues. It surprises me that people still play leagues with 1 QB. Obviously Tannehill has little to no value in that format.

up til now hes been mostly a streaming option or bye week filler.

I think the extra infusion of talent makes it more likely someone will consider starting him in a 1 QB format this year.

in 2 QB or superflex leagues hes a very solid second QB.

for the Record, I am in a 2QB league and I find it to be a more challenging and interesting format.  you really have to know the QB's at the lower tiers.

as mentioned earlier.  in 1 QB format there are your top 3-4 QB's and then there are the next 12 QB's where probably they are close in terms of what they produce over the course of a fantasy year.   Not that challenging in a 1 QB format.

either way, its not for everyone, but I do like the 2 QB format.   

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 12:38 PM, AxeElf said:

That's because they're the norm.

I'd have to agree with Elfo on this one.   1 QB leagues are the norm.   2 QB leagues are not that common from what I've seen.

31 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I just wrongly assumed most people on here by now have switched from 1QB to some form of 2QB or SF. I was once lost as well. All of my leagues have switched and there's no looking back. Any fantasy analysis regarding QBs in a 1QB league is useless, pointless, obsolete. Unless its a very large league, every team will end up with a stud QB and if not, there's always a bunch on the waiver wire. It basically makes the QB position about as important as the K in regards to fantasy value. Maybe even less than the kicker to be honest. There's no parity.

Call it egocentric if you will but 1 QB format is stupid in my honest opinion and should not exist. I'm sad that you would think its the norm. You might be right, but again I feel like that's just you guys being fossils, opposed to change, and just simply living in the past. 

How many leagues are you in, and what size are they? 

Ive done 2 qb leagues back just a few years ago when I was doing more than just one league, most of them were small league , like 8- 10 team leagues, I find a league under 12 team a bit boring. You find it sad that one Qb leagues would be the norm, I wouldn’t if I was you, they are more of the norm than two Qb league , what I’m seeing is more 14-16 team leagues. 

Anyway thank you for your return, and when you do try not to be so upset, it’s just ff chat.  

Thanks. 

20 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'd have to agree with Elfo on this one.   1 QB leagues are the norm.   2 QB leagues are not that common from what I've seen.

Agreed, but nothing wrong with a small two Qb league, of small size league is ones thing.  

40 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I know, I did.  You've been ignoring it like it was the ghost of your dead grandfather.

I think this site does a good job pushing the "QB is the new D" wisdom.  The only meaningful analysis is if any of the top 5 are worth breaking the rule and drafting early (like Mahomes this year), or which QB you can get in the double digit rounds that will finish in the top 5, that sort of thing.  But yeah, "ranking" QB6-QB17 is pretty much meaningless for 1 QB leagues.  But the "norm" is still to have 1K, and 1D, and 1 QB.

I'm sad that you would think its the norm. 

Lots of people are sad about Axe Elf being right every year, so don't feel alone.

15 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Lots of people are sad about Axe Elf being right every year, so don't feel alone.

How's that saying go........"find someone who looks at you with the love Axe Elf feels when he looks in the mirror"....or something like that anyway, 🤣 I'm probably mixing it up a bit.

Back to Buy/Sell for Matt

It's not for the faint of heart AND I'm not at all sure I'm right but in 1 dynasty league I bought Zeke and Kupp by selling Chubb and Diontae.

Zeke is obviously not bottom barrel cheap yet, I also had to drop from 1.12 to 2.04 in the rookie draft.

It helps me mentally that I do own Pollard as a bit of a safety net almost everywhere, including this league (Big picture I like when I'm hedged a touch in other leagues as well so that if a deal goes bad in 1 league it has a chance to push me up elsewhere too)

I will add that regardless of format, if one has Jimmy G it may not be a terrible idea to add Trey Lance. 

😀

18 hours ago, DrG said:

I will add that regardless of format, if one has Jimmy G it may not be a terrible idea to add Trey Lance. 

😀

In a re-draft, I'd avoid San Fran like the plague.

21 hours ago, DrG said:

😀

Mmm not so sure I would agree, I think one  can do much better than drafting two Niners qbs.  

Well debatable in a 1 qb draft league, I was not terribly precise. But in a dynasty or 2 an league, yes

5 hours ago, DrG said:

Well debatable in a 1 qb draft league, I was not terribly precise. But in a dynasty or 2 an league, yes

I would disagree, it’s not debatable is not a good move to pick up two Niners qbs in a one Qb team league. 

And you weren’t even close to being precise, a dynasty and or a two Qb league is totally different. 

W It would depend on the size of the league, scoring and bench availability …

Not terribly precise is admitting to not being precise

On 6/14/2021 at 10:38 AM, weepaws said:

Mmm not so sure I would agree, I think one  can do much better than drafting two Niners qbs.  

once again it depends on the format.

in a 12 team superflex league (and likely some deeper/larger leagues), this option may be the cheaper way to cover yourself for injury because all the starters will be owned.

Standard or PPR 10-12 team league where you start one QB you would likely be correct.

I think it depends n the team and the two qbs. Niners aren’t a team that’s gong to pass the ball has often as other teams. 

Jimmy G in 2019 was only 17th in passing teams, drafting two qbs from the same team who’s a run first offense would be tricky. 

I mean if the starter is mid to low Qb 2 in ff than why would you want his back up  m

I bought on Tee Higgins. I seriously needed cap space going into this years auction draft, so traded Akers at 15% of my cap for 2 more years under contract, for Higgins for 1% of my cap for 3 more years under contract. 

Hated to give up Akers, but love Higgins at nearly free for a while. Also have McLaurin on contract. 

Don’t worry about the horse being blind just load the wagon.