Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Jesus H. Christ the way they coddle todays yoots

Exact quote taken from an email I got today.

My son will be 8 in August

On Tuesday, June 15, we will continue our tradition of student move-up day.  From 1:45-2:15, all  students will “move up” to their new grade level and classroom for next year.   We will spend the morning portion of the day preparing students for this transition.  Teachers will discuss the possibilities for next year, the potential for disappointment if their best friend is not in their class or they do not get the teacher they were hoping for and how they can handle that.

:cry:   Oh please, PLEASE help my son so he isn't upset. PLEASE DO SOMETHING!

If anything children need more struggle in their life.

JFC.  Will there be safe spaces to help them deal with the PTSD of changing grades??? 

Yeah, because sheltering kids from their first crisis or disappointment until theyre an adult is working well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

If anything children need more struggle in their life.

With me as a dad, he's all set there. 

50 minutes ago, Strike said:

It's a TRADITION, people!!!!

Right, along with Graduations from every grade until junior high.. 🙄

20 minutes ago, DonS said:

Is your kid moving up with cvm laude honors? 

2nd grade? not only do they "graduate" with all perfect grades, they get a trophy

I dunno, some kind of orderly transition makes sense. Certainly you can coddle too much and they may be doing that, but a simple “hey this is where you’ll be next year and here are the kinds of things you can expect” just makes sense, no?

Democrats will be the end of us as we know it. And not  in a good way. 

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I dunno, some kind of orderly transition makes sense. Certainly you can coddle too much and they may be doing that, but a simple “hey this is where you’ll be next year and here are the kinds of things you can expect” just makes sense, no?

Bump

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Do you have kids? I don't recall. 

Kids in 2nd and 3rd grade pretty much live in the now, I find. Tell them something is going to happen in August, or next year, and it doesn't really register much. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Do you have kids? I don't recall. 

Kids in 2nd and 3rd grade pretty much live in the now, I find. Tell them something is going to happen in August, or next year, and it doesn't really register much. 

I do and not my first grader. He is pretty smart, but in part I think it’s because we treat him like he is

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

I do and not my first grader. He is pretty smart, but in part I think it’s because we treat him like he is

To be fair, most of the ones I deal with are my students, and they're mostly semi retarded. 

14 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I'm 54 and I remember this.  It was exciting.  Got to go see where the big kids went.  It was definitely fun.  But yeah I agree it was more a "here is where you will be" thing rather than some way to protect you from being upset.

4 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Wow dude Jesus has a middle name that starts with H ?

On 6/7/2021 at 5:09 PM, IGotWorms said:

You think that is the coddling part?